[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Play through a game several times >Decide to play through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: FEAR.jpg (145 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FEAR.jpg
145 KB, 1920x1080
>Play through a game several times
>Decide to play through it again
>Can't handle the spooky all of a sudden
>bitch out at part you know is going to be spooks
>load up save now and again only to turn it off because too scared

I don't understand it. The game isn't even that spooky. Has anyone ever had a game that they had no trouble playing through, only to struggle on subsequent playthroughs?
>>
>>338179740
jump scare is not spook
spook is a process of waiting for jumpscare

thats why silent hill 2 and 3 are good

and i love fear, but not for scary-spooky thing
>>
I got super spooked my first time through, but subsequent playthroughs I wasn't even phased.

All the spoopy bits are scripted sequences where you just walk slow and nothing hurts you, there's maybe one spoopy bit with enemies and it's right at the end.

Gunfights are awesome but the horror feels completely tacked on.
>>
>>338179991
That's just it though. I'm standing around a small vent telling myself to crawl in, but it's not remembering what will happen that is keeping me from doing so. I agree that the actual scare is of little consequence, it's just every room or crawlspace that has me overthinking everything.
>>
File: 1368314269816.jpg (13 KB, 305x303) Image search: [Google]
1368314269816.jpg
13 KB, 305x303
>>338179740
>>338180465

I don't want to play armchair psychologist, but you sound like you have mental problems.
>>
So uh

How is FEAR 2
>>
>>338180692
>small crawlspace
>no light
>expecting something to happen
>"you have mental problems"

Yeah, it's definitely not normal to think something is going to happen in there and be less enthusiastic about doing it
>>
File: 20160519_124030.jpg (883 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160519_124030.jpg
883 KB, 2048x1536
>>338181778

Playing it now, pretty fun
>>
>>338181778
Decent. You can see the starting consolization, but it's not outright horrible.
FEAR 3 however is a literal "we want the Call of Duty audience" game. In-game rank up announcements and other horrible shit.
>>
FEAR is not something I had any issue with and I'm too afraid to play things like Alien: Isolation.

Hell, I was got over STALKER being 2spooky4me but even then depending where I am shit can get scary.
>>
>>338182605
Yep, you definitely have autism
>>
>>338182682

I actually dropped it an hour in. It just didn't feel the same and I am in no way some kind of FEAR 1 only faggot but it really did feel consolized.

There were some other major issues I had with it but I honestly can't remember. At least it was a nice looking game though.
>>
>>338182796
>In-game rank up announcements
Fuck right off what the shit
>>
>>338182962

Go fuck off to weeaboo thread faggot
>>
>>338183038

What are the best first person shooters on the PS3 ?
>>
>>338183280
Resistance 3 is pretty good but it is 30fps.

It also has some audio issues.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.