[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy XV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: FFXV.jpg (209 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FFXV.jpg
209 KB, 1920x1080
I have never played a FF game, I don't like turn based combat and have not been into the games.

This game looks good, but then sometimes the combat looks crap
is this game going to be any good?
>>
>>338178416
>I have never played a FF game, I don't like turn based combat and have not been into the game

Why do people like this exist?
Also kill yourself.
>>
>>338178416
Get the fuck out you underage autist.
>>
>>338179646
>>338179838
i dont like turn based combat, there is nothing wrong with not playing games you wont like.
even ff7 I tried it but didnt like the combat so put it down would rather play alttp
>>
Chrono Trigger is the JRPG for people who don't like JRPGs

FFXV is the FF for people who don't like FF
>>
>>338178416
try asking again in september
>>
>>338180845
all the FF stories are self reliant though aren't they so you don't need to have played the games before.
The only reason I may be interested in this game is the visuals and real time combat.
trailers and demos look good, on the flip side, combat against average enemies looks bland
>>
At first I wanted to hate FFXV
Then I played the demo and wanted to love XV (platinum)
Then I reminded myself how much I love turn based Final Fantasies
Now I hate FFXV again and do not plan on buying it.

It's still just a slap in the face to have the genre changed to an Action RPG, and I just can't handle it. FFX is the last Final Fantasy I enjoyed, and I hate to think it's the last one I'll ever enjoy. But, more and more it seems to be the case.
>>
>>338181585
suppose they are moving with the times, turn based combat is quite an old game feature.
I don't know because I am not a FF fan, but I am assuming this isn't the first real time combat FF game
>>
>>338181926
After FFX, they decided to ruin their main series titles namesake.

FFXI was a MMORPG
FFXII was a primitive auto battle/action RPG that completely changed the core FF gameplay
FFXIII was an auto-battle hallway simulator which not only didn't feature a single town to explore at your own will, but also made the summons into fucking motorcycles.
FFXIV was another MMORPG

FFX featured one of the most polished ATB/Turn-Based systems in all the Final Fantasies, proving if nothing else, it's still relevant in full 3d rendered gameplay.
>>
>>338182315
>FFXII was a primitive auto battle/action RPG that completely changed the core FF gameplay

What a fucking retard. It's becauase of shitters like you that FF turned to shit.
>>
>>338182315
tbqh I never really realized how much they butchered FF after X, FF is not on my radar at all.
Bit of a shame for hardcore fans.
when I think of FF i thing of turn based rpg with a weebo like fantasy story.
I knew that they did one mmo and a .5 game or something like that.

thing is FF has been going for so long and the fanbase is an older generation if it doesn't change with the times and bring in new fans it is bound to drop in popularity and sales
>>
>>338182860
Because running around and queuing up abilities while your party is on gambit is the type of shit we want from Final Fantasy?

If you liked that game, then 13 and 15 must be right up your alley.
>>
>>338182315
>FFX
>ATB
Are you high? And getting your exploration interrupted every 5 seconds just to stand in line for a few minutes like a fool is a terrible design. Talk about screwed up pacing.
>>
>>338183107
You didn't see actively changing turn meter based on your characters speeds and abilities chosen?

Random battles are core final fantasy, it's not terrible design, it's what has brought them the fame they are killing today.

And, there's a way to stop the random encounters in most final fantasies.

Why do the new pokemon games still play exactly like the ones on the Gameboy Color?

They got it right the first time, and they're still cashing in on their fans from then.

What is Final Fantasy doing? Remaking their legendary core game as a fucking action RPG in an episodic release.
>>
>>338183094

Yeah, so instead of coming in with a strategy around meaningful abilities, in older FFs you have to do normal attacks yourself as fucking filler in between queuing up other actions. The fact that you called it an action RPG just shows you are a dumb piece of shit and that FFX was ATB shows you have no clue what the fuck ATB even stands for.
>>
>>338183418
If I have to run around and worry about placement in the combat, it's action.

If my turn is based on my characters speed rating, and differs based on the abilities I choose my character it's an active time battle, with turn based. Just because it paused when you got your turn, as opposed to when you had a menu open doesn't take away from that.

They removed the waiting for a turn, and just give it to the next person up based on previous ability performed, and speed.
>>
>>338180845
>FFXIII is the FF for people who don't like FF

FTFY
>>
>>338183602
This. My cousin never played any FF, and for some reason he went through FFXIII.
>>
>>338178416
>is this game going to be any good?
I wouldn't count on it.
>>
>>338183595

Then I guess cRPGs like Baldur's Gate is an action RPG too because you have to worry about placement and your auto attacks are queued up for you by that definition.

FFX is NOT ATB since you have no bar to measure when a character can decide when to go, when it is your turn in line you have an infinite amount of time to jack off and the enemy can make no action. In an ATB system, you get both active and wait modes. WAIT mode is when all action pauses when a character's turn comes up. The difference is in a true ATB versus what FFX has is time based skills such as HoTs, DoTs, and countdowns will continue to tick down throughout in ATB while EVERYTHING stops in FFX since it is literally based on turns.
>>
>>338183385
Sakaguchi himself would tell you that you're a bloody idiot. FF was always a series that would change every single installment, regardless of what its predecessors did. It was created as an unorthodox RPG that would be different from everything else. Literally not a single FF director thinks that muh turns or muh random battles were ever relevant, let alone "core" of the series.
>You didn't see actively changing turn meter based on your characters speeds and abilities chosen?
It's called CTB, you faux nostalgiafag. There was nothing "active" about it, which is why Square emphasized that it had nothing in common with the actual Active Time Battle.
>>
>>338183595
>If I have to run around and worry about placement in the combat, it's action.
Breaking news: strategy games are now action.
>>
Square-drones are worse than Blizz-drones, this has just been proven.

If you think the series didn't end with X, your opinion is trash.
>>
>>338183385
final fantasy has always been a franchise that changes with each installment
>>
>>338185265
if you think that 10 isn;t one of the worst games in the franchise your opinion is trash
>>
>>338184694
Except it had very much in common, and was still absolutely identifiable as a Final Fantasy standard battle system.

I don't even know how you are so daft. "sakaguchi himself" if he's any bit responsible for the direction FF has turned, I don't give a fuck.

FF7 is shit, and has been since the series went beyond the initial release of the game.

Who the fuck cares about genesis, or that Jpop star you got to do a voice, or any of that shit?
>>
Just get HYPE from this trailer and then decide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6At_bb1PNU
>>
File: 1462932331286.jpg (247 KB, 1224x1445) Image search: [Google]
1462932331286.jpg
247 KB, 1224x1445
>>338185780
> he's any bit responsible for the direction FF has turned
sakaguchi is responsible for FF 1-7
>>
>>338185780
So generic JRPG battle flow was somehow unique to FF and its core component? Whatever you say, kid.

>>338185265
FFX had literally the same problems that XIII did.
>>
>>338186162
How many towns could you visit in XIII?
How many towns could you visit in X?

I'm talking of your own free will when you're near the end knocking out side quests.
>>
>>338180845
I like or love pretty much every FF game, and XV looks to be way more like a FF game than XIII was.
>>
>ff1
oh hey, this is cool
>ff2
more of the same
>ff3
more of the same
>ff4
more of the same
>ff5
more of the same
>ff6
more of the same
>ff7
more of the same, now in 3d
>ff8
more of the same
>ff9
more of the same
>ffx
more of the same, now in fully rendered 3d
>ffxi
MMORPG.. Uhhh?
>ffxii
why aren't there random encounters? why is my party controlled like Kingdom Hearts? why isn't this Final Fantasy?
>ffxiii
there aint even a world to explore, let alone an overworld, and the combat is still broken from 12?
>ffxiv
another MMO?
>ffxv
take the good from 12, mix it with the bad from 13 and you've still got something that shouldn't be called a final fantasy.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.