[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nioh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
File: NiOhDemo-1.jpg (471 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
NiOhDemo-1.jpg
471 KB, 1920x1080
uh oh nerf incoming

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/nioh-alpha-demo-survey-results-announced
>>
the game looks shit anyway
>>
>>338169438
>looks

So you didn't play it? Got it
>>
all those changes is basically the opposite of what I said in the survey

>remove durability stat
fucking why
>>
>Asia
>Difficulty and game balance
>25% said "very bad"

holy shit asians are fucking casuals
>>
>Improve player & camera behavior during lock-on.
>Change the conditions under which the player character becomes unresponsive when the Ki Gauge is empty.
>Expand item shortcut slots.
>Revise the objects which require holding a button and the response to the hold input.
>Improve detection for the half-circle analog stick input.

I like the sound of all of these desu.
>>
>Adjust balance mainly in the opening sections to make battles fairer.
the opening battles were the easiest and most fun part of the demo. the demons were dumb as shit though. why make a game entirely about dueling other humans and then force you to fight giant demons that are immune to every ability you have except "spam basic attacks and roll around"
>>
>>338169698
why the fuck would you want durability? it serves absolutely no purpose except to be a fucking nuisance. having to take off and throw away all my shitty broken armor every 30 minutes and find new shitty armor to equip was nothing but a pain in the ass
>>
>>338169948
I thought picking up weapons to replace was great, especially considering how common drops were

I actually hoped they'd make whetstone harder to get so we can't stick to 1 weapon, and preferably only use it for harder stuff / bosses, and use shitty weapons on weak enemies
>>
Meh, im sure the game will end up fine either way. Maybe theyll make it harder to be cheeky
>>
>>338169775
Ninja gaiden was kind of like that, although you could still use jutsus and do different combos for damage. Still, every boss was immune to izuna drop etc.
>>
>>338169948
I agree. There's no point in having it around whatsoever.
>>338170085
It's just a major inconvenience to have to switch out weapons constantly. I'm not going to go so far as to say it breaks immersion but having to cycle through a list of 45 swords every 10-15 minutes feels kind of retarded. I like the idea of being able to switch between two weapons though without a weight penalty.
>>
>>338169948
>I wanna use the same overpowered shit through the entire game like muh dark souls XDD

I wish demon's souls never took off I really do
>>
>Revise enemy pursuit of the player

Thank God. It was pretty much impossible to hide or run away
>>
>>338169698
>wanting durability

Fucking why?
>>
well, interest in the game lowered a lot

maybe I'll wait till it's cheap
>>
>>338170085
>>338170367
i'm fine with the idea of being forced to change weapons to encourage discovering other playstyles, but shit broke WAY too fast. the game was 50% "fighting people" and 50% "throw out broken shit and search through massive pile of garbage in inventory for another mediocre item to equip"

>>338170274
the souls games do a pretty good job with big bosses, but nioh sucked at it. they have a great combat system for fighting humans, it's fun, but fighting the big shit was boring as fuck
>>
File: Rancher00049.jpg (33 KB, 138x178) Image search: [Google]
Rancher00049.jpg
33 KB, 138x178
>that shit taste from Asia
>>
>>338169347
Nioh didn't "click" with me but I think that's partially because I find it hard to get invested in a demo.

As such, I left no feedback since I feel like I didn't give it a fair chance.

I liked a lot of what I saw but thought it was a bit unrefined, it was an alpha

If I had one criticism I think they should just completely remove the status system.

The older I get the worse I think just shoehorning stats is in games. Bloodborne didn't need it, but got it because it's "souls".
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with these changes whatsoever. The game was "hard" for all the wrong reasons. It didn't even explain the basic fucking gameplay mechanics and you die in one hit in the beginning while enemies with no armor take 4-6 hits.

The game in the beta was completely mediocre, especially coming from the developers of fucking Ninja Gaiden. They're playing second fiddle here with a cheap off-brand copy of the Souls games.

I mean christ, what an underwhelming game
>enemies die in 4-6 hits
>you die in one hit
>8v1 gankfights
>some shitty stamina meter with a breathing heavy animation when you run out in a franchise that is supposed to be about crazy maneuvers, combos, and speed
>tons of mechanics copied directly from Souls
>graphics are shit
>>
It's lovely how retards think shit gameplay = difficulty.

It's flappy bird syndromre.
>>
File: NioH.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NioH.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>338169347
NOOOooo! People didn't know about 70% of the mechanics and got conquered. I hope "opening sections" doesn't mean "half the game"

Change the conditions under which the player character becomes unresponsive when the Ki Gauge is empty.
Again, FUCK! Half the people didn't know ki recovery was a thing, or that blocking in mid stance recovers ki, or that dodging in low stance uses 20% ki of a high stance dodge.
This results in people getting frustrated because they didn't understand the game and TeamNinja nerfing ki mechanics that were perfectly fine if you could control them, just to appease the lowest common denominator

>Revise the objects which require holding a button and the response to the hold input.
>Improve detection for the half-circle analog stick input.
Both are great and will improve responsiveness, they were indeed a bit clunky

>Adjust attack and defense parameters of enemies.
In which way? REEEEEEEE

>Remove durability stat for weapons and armor.
For.... what purpose? Sure they dropped like candy in the demo which made the mechanic irrelevant but I'm sure they could lessen the good drop rates in the final game and require you to conserve uses of your best weapon and make whetstones important.
Not just outright scrap the mechanic.

also
>that "Overall" Asia rating
>>
the survey should've being only available to people that killed the second boss, that was their only mistake.
>>
>>338169698
Fuck off the durability was fucking trash
>>
>>338170701
>whining about a game actually explaining its fucking mechanics and having balance
Seriously castrate yourself you fucking cancer
>>
when did asians become fucking casuals, how can you be more casual than americans
>>
The lockon was objectively shit though.

Either make it work or don't include it at all.
>>
>>338170865
asians are some of the most skilled players in the world. They just like good, fair level design with a game that actually explains its mechanics.
>>
what they plan on doing seems fine to me. I think the difficulty itself is fine in regards to damage, it's just that the difficulty changes. It's not hard to fight the oni, and it's not hard to fight humans, but the shock of fighting the second and third oni in the burning town is so different and you're surrounded by humans at the same time, it's just a mess. I still got through it regardless, but it's definitely something they need to change.
>>
>>338170701
I hope they make the game even harder
>>
File: 1457661265888.jpg (28 KB, 629x389) Image search: [Google]
1457661265888.jpg
28 KB, 629x389
>>338170367
I wish it stayed PS3 exclusive so the PC and Xbox kiddies just fucked right off.
>>
>>338170915
I didn't even know it was shit because I seen no reason to use it
>>
>>338170863
If you're not retarded and actually try to see what your buttons do and how shit works before running into the enemy you learn everything you need without any tutorial, literally 5 minutes to learn this shit.
>>
File: 1460674828759.gif (2 MB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1460674828759.gif
2 MB, 500x390
>>338170717
>have to beat the second boss
>afterwards it gives you a prompt asking if you would like to take a survey
>for participating in the survey you get another bonus at launch on top of the one you get after the first boss
>>
>>338170517
If only we had whetstones and glue.
>>
>>338171148
>expecting the souls fanbase to fucking read items

sides have vanished
>>
>>338170701
They didn't bother to explain the Ki mechnic, even though it's essential. It's their own fault.
>>
>>338171009
the lock on changes your dash functionality. how far did you even get in the game?

>>338171148
does nothing to change the fact that you have to stop every 20-30 mins and either throw out and replace or repair every piece of equipment you're wearing. it was tedious as fuck
>>
>>338170701
I was honestly surprised that people in Asia and Japan found the game hard. Looks like the game is going to do a bit better in the West, judging by those rates.
>>
>When making an offering at a shrine, allow the player to perform all actions at once.

What do they mean by that?
>>
>>338170717

This is going to blow your mind but developers usually care more about the "casuals" who had difficulty then someone who forced their way through to learn the basic and advanced mechanics.

The causal crowd is and will always be the biggest market. So when they give feedback like "I didn't know how to do X, maybe there should be a tutorial at the beginning instead of enemies that one hit kill you" it's more useful for making a good game than "Game was too easy" from some guy who beat it.

Sorry fags, that's how the world works. People who beat it are probably 2% of the people that played, everyone else got crushed and discouraged because it doesn't even attempt to teach you how to play, or about the advanced mechanics.
>>
>>338171148
The problem with that is the availability of whetstones. Glue seemed to be fine and really so long as you don't get hit much you don't need it. There were several instances where I had no whetstones and had to toss a good weapon out for some underwhelming piece of shit.
>>
Objective best change list coming through:
>actually explain the fucking game mechanics
>multiple difficulty levels like NG
>no weapon degradation nonsense
>better lock on
>no nonsense stamina bar that ruins the flow of the combat
>better enemy AI
>nerf the beginning enemies, They're unskilled and unarmored and shouldn't be able to take 5 hits when you can take 1
>tone down the ridiculous RNG loot system immensely. I'd be fine with totally removing it
>add more combos, aerial moves, and make combat faster; similar to NG
Game was shit but it has potential if they entirely overhauled it. Would have preferred a proper NG sequel though.
>>
What the fuck Asia
>>
Reminder that the combat in this game is great when you figure it out.

https://youtu.be/HPmUPfN33a8
>>
>>338171239
It was pretty damn vague, only mentioned in one corpse talk and I assumed it was talking about in world stuff and not actual game mechanics.
>>
>>338171485
>no nonsense stamina bar that ruins the flow of the combat
fuck you, the ki mechanics are fucking top notch. if you didn't like it you probably just didn't understand it, which makes sense because they never explained it anywhere
>>
File: NioH 2.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NioH 2.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>338170863
I want the game to explain itself better, that's the major issue I have with the demo and the big reason why people complained a lot in the first place.

the solution isn't to remove and make mechanics simpler, it's to explain them better. Where in my post did I say I didn't want people to understand the game mechanics? I heavily implied that if they did they would enjoy it much more.

It's like a newbie using a great sword in MonsterHunter and swinging it wilding, standing still and getting hit, then calling the weapon shit and asking for a speed boost or a boss nerf. When the whole point of that weapon it Hit&Run tactics, you do a big swing, sheath the weapon and reposition to repeat the process.

I'm sure most people in Nioh simply stuck to 1 stance and did everything there while complaining how quickly they run out of ki (when they don't ki recover after attacks, or switch to mid stance to parry, or switch to low stance to dodge).
There were also plenty of Ki-damaging attacks like kicks which barely anyone used to stagger the enemy quickly. Also who knew that recovering Ki while standing in the white demon aura canceled that aura's bad effects? It makes boss fight much easier but I feel like barely anyone knew about it.

What will happen now is that you probably CAN just stick to one stance since you won't be as punished for running out of Ki.

Once again, I'm glad they are making proper tutorials and not just leaving it at darksouls-style tips&tricks in the ground. I'm not happy if they simplify the game, however

>>338171239
I agree.
>>
>>338171405
This is going to blow your mind but developers fucking their games because "casuals" are shit is the reason video games are shit.

The casual crowd is killing the industry and i should not be happy with this.

Sorry fag, i just want good games instead of the shit that most developers release now.
>>
>>338171051
No, there's tons of different mechanics not only control options but gameplay mechanics and concepts that should be told from the jump, not having to be learned randomly or through trial and error many hours into the game.

Give players basic mechanics and players use these mechanics to develop skill and tactics to succeed. Fuck this nonsense of making a game harder by obfuscating mechanics.
>>
File: 1371931769740.jpg (214 KB, 981x800) Image search: [Google]
1371931769740.jpg
214 KB, 981x800
>>338171405
Reminds me of Dishonored and how people who tested the game were too stupid to sneak upstairs because the guards said it was not allowed.

What a shame. I think Nioh has a lot of promise, and I would hate to see it ruined because of negative feedback. Maybe not the second, but at the very least, the first boss should have been a prerequisite for taking the survey.
>>
>This change list

I'm glad the minority of retards saying "EVERYTHING IS FINE YOU ARE CASUALS KEK" is just /v/ shitposting as usual.

Game had potential but was too hard and obtuse in it's alpha state. Looks like they are addressing all the problems.
>>
>>338171506
Nips rate things more strictly. This isn't new.
>>
I normally never use axes in games, even Souls

But the axes and spears in this one felt way more fun to use than the swords.
>>
>>338171485

missed the most important one

>Expand item shortcut slots.
>>
>they never explained ki

IF YOU TALK TO THE DEAD BODIES THEY FUCKING TELL YOU JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>338171506

You guys have to understand that a shitload of the people who liked it are going absolute fanboy over it, so their opinions on things like "difficulty balance" are probably garbage.

I think Nioh deserves to be in the yellow or light grey area.

It's flawed.

They're trying to do like 3 different things and it ends up being a mess.

You're trying to make a really slick combat system, but instead of it being tied entirely to your skill with the game it's now tied to stats and equipment as well.

You're trying to appeal to the "Dark Souls" fanclub so a lot of the stuff is just ripped from Dark Souls, summon signs, statistics, etc. I don't even think it works in Dark Souls anymore, let alone a new game.

You're throwning in Diablo style looting and equipment degradation to a game that absolutely doesn't need it. Just give people 1 of each weapon type that you can upgrade like Ninja Gaiden Black throughout the game and it would be great.

I think Nioh probably started out as something really interesting, but got bogged down by "We want the Dark Souls audience" to an extreme degree, to the point of it essentially being ruined.
>>
>>338171732
Being too aggressive and not playing smart should be punished by getting hit by an enemy, not by your fucking character bending over out of breath because you had the fucking nerve to actually do combat quickly and with proficiency.

It's just another fucking mechanic they copy pasted from Souls without bothering to see whether it actually meshed with their game, which it doesn't.
>>
>>338171997
when the fuck did souls have your character actually out of breath if you ran out of stamina?
>>
My hype is gone. Damn shame but casuals killed another game.
>>
>>338171820
Like what? Give me a example of those hidden mechanics.

I started the demo, wasted 5 minutes learning what the buttons did before fighting the first enemy and never had problems with it outside of getting used to it.
>>
>>338171807
>game devs sticks to their guns and makes a game that appeals to hardcore fans instead of casuals
>game bombs in sales, company goes under, developers are up to their necks in debt and forced to take multiple shitty jobs just to feed their family whilst never making games again
A++ strategy
>>
Is this weeb Witcher?
>>
>>338172123

Out of breath is a genuinely shitty mechanic.

It's sucked in literally every game it's been in.

The Evil Within basically made sprinting useless because o fit.
>>
>>338171971
the dead body monologue about ki can't be repeated in the "list of tutorial info" page. i happened upon it while mid combat and didn't notice what it said since i was trying to fight 5 enemies, so i never got to know what it said
>>
>>338170694
Flappy Bird is literally a helicopter clone. It's gameplay is fine.
>>
>>338171807
>The casual crowd is killing the industry

So go play the good games. Nioh will still be a 'hardcore' game, it'll either just be toned down or mechanics easier to understand.

There is -nothing- wrong with explaining your mechanics.
>>
>>338172123
Yes, so it's even worse than the Souls games. Literally the only reason it has to be in Souls is for shields.

Ni-Oh has no shields, and certainly doesn't need stamina bullshit.
>>
>>338169347
Might have to re-consider picking it up now.

The demo was fucking terrible in every single way. I welcome this casualized version.
>>
>>338170717
Yeah, they should really only make the survey available to the people who liked it the most and not the people who had problems with it. That will really get them the most sales, especially if the majority of people never finished it.
>>
>>338172206
Evil Within was also a bad game.
>>
>>338172480
>Evil Within was also a bad game.

Yes it was.
>>
>>338172480
Evil within was quite good
>>
>>338171997
>Being too aggressive and not playing smart should be punished by getting hit by an enemy
but that doesn't make sense. a flurry of quick attacks is a good way to take someone off guard and make it very difficult for them to retaliate. the downside is you heavily wind yourself.

you could use this strat and come out alive if you switched stances as necessary and recovered your ki correctly after each flurry of attacks. i really liked this whole system compared to souls, where i could R1 spam everything to death with zero consequence
>>
>>338172312
Not saying it's wrong, just saying taking opinion of casuals is not good thing, having a good tutorial has nothing to do with this, anyone would appreciate it, changing the difficulty, making enemies dumber and shit, that's the bad part of letting casuals using the survey.
>>
I hope that they only nerf the basic enemies. If they make everything easier then the game becomes a bit too easy. Also heavy armor is going to be OP. In the demo, once I got heavy armor it took enemies many more hits to kill me. Of course bigger enemies could wipe me out with combos, but I could easily survive 2-3 attacks.
>>
>>338172157
>durability
>degradation
>upgrades
>Ki
>animal powers
>stances
>i-frames
>stamina system
>loot system
>stats
etc etc

No reason to not explain mechanics. NG which is much more difficult explained all its mechanics at the beginning of the game and had a proper tutorial.

Now fuck off you memespouting retard. Dark Souls created this cancer through """"difficulty"""" of obscuring mechanics (DeS never had this issue)
>>
>>338171807
The game was too hard. To beat the demo you had to power through it like an autist. It was 1-2 hours of content and people were saying it was 6 hours+ of content just because how much you would die and how unforgiving it was.

It was not fun. Despite any counter shitposting you are going to try to employ, my demographic falls under "hardcore gamer" for marketing purposes. I'm the type of person who likes a challenge. I play Ninja Gaiden on Master Ninja and Devil May Cry on Dante Must Die. In my survey, I still said this shit was too hard. It took no time or effort to explain anything to you and made you the absolute weakest at the very start while the enemies were as strong as they were going to be, meaning to become useful you had to instantly get really good at the game.

It was not fun or well designed. There were multiple problems with it. The game was too easy. This might blow your mind but games should start easy, even hard ones, and gradually become as hard as they want. Even in Ninja Gaiden, one of the hardest games ever, the first Shinobi you see don't hit you once then kill you. That's just stupid bad design.
>>
>>338171971
THEY TELL YOU IN CRYPTIC IN-GAME LINGO
>>
Another game ruined by feedback.
>>
>>338172624
Maybe try playing Ninja Gaiden you fucking retard, or literally any other action game in history none of which have a fucking pointless stamina bar to slow the pace and ruin the flow.

They decided to make a pathetic souls clone instead of making a pure action game. They added pointless RPG mechanics, stat upgrading, stamina, degradation, only one difficulty, and other nonsense from Souls games instead of refining the excellent NG gameplay.
>>
>>338172995
A LITERAL TUTORIAL MESSAGE POPS UP ON THE BODIES THAT TELL YOU
>>
>>338172480
No, it was pretty good actually.
>>
File: OP.jpg (380 KB, 2000x1975) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
380 KB, 2000x1975
>>338172206
The point is to never run out of breath

There are various mechanics that let you chain attacks with no pauses, use them instead of sticking to one stance and spamming whichever square>triangle cheese combo you had

MonsterHunter also fucks you over for running out of stamina. It can end you 30 minute long hunt from that mistake alone, and there are much less mechanics to recover it, it's a matter of conserving only.

Nioh however gives you 3 or 4 ki recovery tools
Players ignored them and cried
Now they nerfed the consequences of not using those mechanics and players will stick to 1 stance/combo even more
>>
>>338173226
The difference is in Monster Hunter I can do a hell of a lot more with my stamina bar than attack 3 times. I don't get how you are even comparing them honestly considering this game is nothing like Monster Hunter.

You are proving though that this game is a mash of different games in different genres that do not mesh well together.
>>
What are the hints that guide you to the boss going to be? This seems like a strange addition. Were people really that bad at exploring? I hope this is more like corpses and notes on the ground giving you hints and not something retarded like waypoint markers.
>>
>>338172849
Fully agree. Also have beaten NG on MNM and DMC on DMD and the demo was just poorly explained, unbalanced autist bait. It appeals to the "git gud xDD" memespouting Dark Souls shitters, but not to action game fans who want tight and balanced combat and mechanics.
>>
>>338172325
>Ni-Oh has no shields
what the fuck? You are aware you CAN block, right? With ANY weapon. And any block shields you for 100% of the damage.

I bet you are yet another person who fucked up the survey because they played for an hour and thought it was just a Souls clone, didn't learn anything new and complained about it
>>
>>338172849
Obviously "The game was too easy" was meant to be "The game was too hard."
>>
>casuals ruined another game
why didn't you stop it /v/? why didn't you submit your feedback?
>>
>>338173145
i agree with everything except the ki bar. i think it refines the gameplay a lot. a lot more thought is involved in what actions to take than just trying to kill everything as fast as possible

the ki doesn't even function anything like a souls stamina bar. it's much more punishing than souls and can be recovered and modified based on your stance
>>
File: Ninja_Blade.jpg (72 KB, 256x365) Image search: [Google]
Ninja_Blade.jpg
72 KB, 256x365
>>338170643
>tons of mechanics copied directly from Souls
>only FROM are allowed to copy concepts from other game studios
>>
>>338172480
I won't say bad but I still haven't beaten it because they decided to make a tps have a weirdly zoomed in camera, awful cross hair, barely any stamina, and tons of forced stealth at least for the first few hours the game

Did a great job of making me not want to play it. At least I was more interested in Nioh and wanted to put in effort to learn it
>>
>>338173226
People play NG games because they want tight combat about survival through movement, timing, and strategy, not a shitty combo chaining retardation that makes you use suboptimal moves and tactics to recover stamina. This is why NG is a masterpiece while DMC is boring, repetitive garbage.
>>
>>338173409
If in a hour of playing a 2 hour demo you are at the very first section of the game then you have every right to complain, but in real life that's a lost sale.

They are not making a video game to appeal to 10 autist on /v/ who circle jerked in Ni-Oh threads playing 2 hours of content for 20 hours figuring out how every single poorly explained mechanic and mastering it. They are making it for normal people.
>>
>>338172480
Evil Within was actually one of the greatest, most mechanically deep TPS of all time.
>>
>>338173786
You are DELUSIONAL.
>>
>>338173603
Oh my god. From Software made this abomination?

>>338173654
>zoomed in

Get a FoV fix and pump stamina.
>>
>>338173908
You're an idiot. One good way to recognize shit taste is if someone thought TEW was a bad game. It's a shit taste filter.
>>
Why do casuals ruin everything?
>>
>>338173965
>Oh my god. From Software made this abomination?
Yes, they made a bunch of rather mediocre games, you rabid fanboy you.
FROM are a bunch of idea guys, all their good decisions have pretty much been a shot in the dark.
>>
>>338173965
I got it as a gift for my xbox3shitty

I'll probably give it a fairer shot sometime though
>>
>>338173603
>FromSoft makes a pure action game
>it's garbage
>Team Ninja, responsible for the greatest action games of all time, takes loads of mechanics from a FromSoft action RPG and throws them into a pure action game
I don't get it
>>

Thank fucking christ, I never even made it past the first bonfire. The demo was kind of a mess (artificial difficulty out the ass). I hope they make it a bit more marketable. Glad my survey results have helped make a change.
>>
>>338170436
The git gud and kill them you pussy. It wasn't even that hard to run away anyway, just harder than DS
>>
>>338174147
>You rabid fanboy

What are you talking about?

I am just surprised they made this. I know them for making mecha games like Armored Core and Another Century, then the Souls games. I've played this too and it's one of the worst thing's I've ever played, not even mediocre so it was surpising to see they made this shit that seems out of the genre of games they made, especially at the time because I think back then they were making a ton of robot games.

>>338174163
It's shit on consoles, not even worth playing. Shitty black bars and FPS combine with that atrocious FOV.
>>
>>338174397
;)
>>
>game will actually be properly balanced and mechanics explained
>retarded Dark Souls shitter autists who love difficulty from obscure mechanics and trial and error are BTFO
Excellent. Now if only they removed stamina and loot system.
>>
>>338174397
you fucking casual faggot
>>
>>338174397
likewise

literally didn't know what was going on

it doesn't explain a thing
>>
>>338170643
>you die in one hit
>8v1 gankfights
>some shitty stamina meter with a breathing heavy animation when you run out in a franchise that is supposed to be about crazy maneuvers, combos, and speed
What if I told you you're just bad?
>>
>>338169347
only thing that worries me in there is the stuff under the "enemies" section. Everything else seems like a good idea.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (68 KB, 547x720) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
68 KB, 547x720
>Never got to download the Mark of the Conqueror shit after beating the demo
>Can't find a way to download it after the alpha-demo access is over

FUCK ME.

I'M A CONQUEROR, DAMN IT.
>>
Wherent just the Durability Bars removed, not just the stat? I thought i read that clearly.

So you can't see when your weapon is about to break. And i like that they want to tune the HUD.

And i hope they make the game a bit more difficult if you return to missions.
>>
>>338174757
What if I told you you're a fucking retard and I beat NG on MNM and DMC on DMD but having 8v1 fights against unarmored beginning enemies where you die in one hit and they die in five is poor game design?
>>
File: 420.jpg (49 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
420.jpg
49 KB, 576x576
>>338173367
>The difference is in Monster Hunter I can do a hell of a lot more with my stamina bar than attack 3 times.
Holy fuck it's so obvious you didn't know how to play the game (I don't blame you since the tutorial is shit, but still)
You can do massive uninterrupted chain combos in NioH, to the point where you can keep enemies mid-air through attacking them before they hit the ground and you can keep them there until they die, a good 5 seconds.

did you ever press R1 after attacking? Or dodge in low stance to recover ki?

Seriously the only way to only be able to do 3 attacks before runing out is if you never recover ki. Press R1, it's not that hard.

This is the equivalent of always having your shield raised in darksouls while you spam the enemy with spear attacks and then complain you use too much stamina and it takes forever to recover. It's not really the games fault that you never lowered your shield. Same thing with Nioh, you need to switch stances or at the very least pressing R1 after attacking.

>>338173729
Look man, it's a new franchise. People need to get used to its mechanics. It's not harder than Souls, it's just different.

Can you imagine how people would shred MonsterHunter combat without any prior knowledge? almost every single weapon has its own quirks and ideal combos which are never explained and you learn them through forums or video guides. There are so many little mechanics that would be ignored and the gameplay would be trashed.

You are admiting you didn't get to know the game, so you have no right to send feedback or complain about it. I was also stuck for half an hour, thinking it would play just like souls. After not being able to roll out of the 1st enemy's chain attacks and dying 8 times to him I went online and saw GaijinHunter's video. Then I got to understand the game and had fun.

You can't simply say it's shit just because you don't get it. At best all you can do is say it does a shit job at explaining the combat, that's it
>>
>>338170865
The chinks hate nips so they just rated this samurai shit as bad for everything
>>
>tfw didnt get the mark of the conqueror because i didnt get the chance to play the game much

i really hope that bonus shit isnt THAT great.
i didnt find the game too hard and probably would have been able to finish it too.
stupid pre alpha period.
>>
>>338174947
>I beat NG on MNM and DMC on DMD
Is this a meme or something?
>>
>>338175039
See >>338173658
No one wants a fucking Souls game from Team Ninja you fucking idiot casual. THEY WANT A FUCKING COMPETENT BALLS TO THE WALL ACTION GAME
>>
>>338175195
No, they're great games (at least NG at least, DMC is trash), you should try them for an actual action game.
>>
>>338175039
>You didn't know the game because it didn't bother explaining it to you in the 2 hours you played so you have no right to send feedback.

Very glad they are changing the game to appeal to more people than autist like you.
>>
glad durability gone. i guarantee you at some point in the game relatively early you could probably easily buy/farm whetstones and sap and completely trivialize durability into just being a shitty minor nuisance anyway.

my biggest issue is the lack of item slots though, glad they're fixing that.
>>
It took me about 7 fucking hours just to reach Nue,

I welcome these changes. A lot of that demo was pure artificial difficulty.
>>
>>338174921
Did you purchase it? Because that's all that matters. If you did it should be listed in the services list section in your psn account settings.
>>
>>338170643
That's completely wrong
>>
>>338175219
But it's obvious they want to make a souls games, it's like saying NG is a shit game because it's not a RPG, if they want to make a souls game and you want to play a action game it's obvious your opinion doesn't matter since the product it not for you.
>>
File: BearGrylls.jpg (98 KB, 497x292) Image search: [Google]
BearGrylls.jpg
98 KB, 497x292
>>338175219
I don't even get what you're trying to say with that post. What kind of "suboptimal moves and tactics to recover stamina" ?
You attack twice, then press R1. WOW! so suboptimal!
Or you attack and then change to low stance and dodge. Congrats, you just recovered all your lost ki while dodging out of harm's way at the same tim- errrr I mean SUBOPTIMAL MOoooove!

Please elaborate.

>>338175409
You have the right to send feeback. You can say they need a much better tutorial. But your opinion on the matter stops there.
>>
>>338175039
Most people would rather play with skill, reaction, tactics, planning, etc. rather than autistic trial and error to learn and understand basic game mechanics because the game thinks obfuscating game mechanics makes for good difficulty or good game design

That is why nips, who are most skilled at vidya in the world, thought it was garbage, while memespouting "git gud xDD" Americans loved it
>>
>>338175378
No, i mean saying "I beat NG on MNM and DMC on DMD" like it's some kind of universal proof people should give a fuck about your opinion.
>>
>>338175830
You can't do the attacks that work best for the situation or enemy but instead need to do some specific string of attacks because it arbitrarily recovers stamina. It has zero place in an action game.
>>
>>338175921
Well you haven't done it you casual shitter, I'm a master of the action genre and my opinion matters as much as a thousand of your opinions.

Regardless, the game is being balanced to appeal to us, so get over it shitter.
>>
File: 1394643907570.jpg (67 KB, 318x523) Image search: [Google]
1394643907570.jpg
67 KB, 318x523
>durability stat removed

Perfect. I hated having finite uses for a weapon I really liked.
>>
The biggest problem people seem to be having is the durability/armor changes, and going by what's there, it seems like they're moving away from the Diablo/Borderlands style of progression and towards a more standard one.

As long as the core gameplay remains the same and they don't casualize the shit out of the difficulty, I'll be happy. I had enough whetstones and glue by the end that I didn't replace my armor all that much anyway.
>>
>>338172162
No it's samurai dark souls
>>
>>338169347
>http://gematsu.com/2016/05/nioh-alpha-demo-survey-results-announced
>Remove durability stat for weapons and armor
No. Don't remove it, just rebalance it.
Thanks casuals.
>>
>>338176193
>I'm a master of the action genre and my opinion matters as much as a thousand of your opinions.

Yeah, i'm gonna use that for sure, thanks.
>>
>>338176260
RNG loot system and stamina bar in an action game IS the casualization you fucking idiot.
>>
>Change the conditions under which the player character becomes unresponsive when the Ki Gauge is empty.
Hopefully they just remove that mechanic altogether.
>>
>>338173581
I didn't even know there was a survey
>>
>>338176390

>RNG loot system and stamina bar in an action game IS the casualization you fucking idiot.

How do you figure that?
>>
>>338175921
MNM and DMD are about the hardest video game experiences you can get single player.
>>
>>338176628
christ... this is the face of neo-/v/
>>
>>338176645
It doesn't make you instantly good at all the other games in the world.
>>
>>338174947
If you're letting 8 enemies gang up on you without armour instead of fighting them one at a time and letting then hit you, you're bad at the game
>>
>>338174020
Yes, liking TEW is a proof of shit taste.
>>
>>338171239
It did.

In fact there are three repeats of the Ki Pulse soul message in the entire game if you managed to miss them.
>>
>>338176823
Name one action game out there and I guarantee I have beaten all the challenges it has to offer. Fact o the matter is my opinion matters much more than any Dark Souls babby. And fact o the matter is Nioh is a shitty, unbalanced, poorly explained game.
>>
File: Thumbs Up Super.png (216 KB, 400x470) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs Up Super.png
216 KB, 400x470
>>338176768

Super job making your point, guy, enjoy your continued shitposting.
>>
>Add hints to guide players to boss areas.

What does this even mean? Was the arrow on the radar not enough?
>>
>>338177052
There was a radar?
>>
File: image237.png (215 KB, 573x330) Image search: [Google]
image237.png
215 KB, 573x330
>>338175840
>Most people would rather play with skill, reaction, tactics, planning, etc.
but that's exactly what NioH offers?

> rather than autistic trial and error
Again, we ALL agree the game needs a better tutorial. It's not a trial and error game, you can learn about all mechanics with a 8 minute long video. It's not ideal, it's not good, but there is absolutely no tiral & error once you know what you're doing.
If you get into any new game everything seems like trial and error. Your first Souls hours are also demoralising because you don't even know that poise is a thing, you don't understand the timings, you don't really get the attack animation locks, etc
With time it gets easier and intuitive.

I'm beating on a dead horse by now, but MonsterHunter is another case of a game with a terrible combat tutorial where you first learn through looking up online guides and videos, outside of the game. But once you understand how each weapon works, what the gameplay loop of each weapon is, and which armor skills to use, the game gets fun

>obfuscating game mechanics makes for good difficulty or good game design
Read above. Many other games have the smae flaw.

Seriously all of you replying are saying the same thing. The tutorial/explanation is shit and nonexistant. I get it and I agree with that. The barrier to entry is too high in the demo. But the gameplay is not "obfuscating" at all

>>338176038
The game combat is balanced around it. The best situation when you are low on Ki is to recover it, not do another swing.
Either way there are no attacks that recover your Ki, it's all about what you do between them. So your argument holds no weight. You can do whichever attack you want at any time. If the guy is far away use a long range katana swing, if he's really close use a stamina-depleting kick on him.

You are being too vague once more.
>>
>>338177019
I've played all the games you're fellating and Nioh was fine. Maybe you're just getting slow in your old age.
>>
>>338176823
However, considering this is an action game, it means you cannot dismiss the persons opinion by simply saying "YOU ARE A CASUAL" or some bullshit deflection tactic people like to do on /v/. It's validating your opinion.

If I say

"This game is too hard."

The response will be

"Okay you fucking baby just git gud"

If you say

"This games difficulty is not paced well. It's too hard at the start."

You get the same response.

On /v/, you have to say

"This games difficulty is shit and you cant just tell me to git gud because I beat the other games in this genre on their hardest difficulties and this is just stupid."

Now people have to give you an actual argument. Discourse doesn't even happen unless you literally are the top 1% of players here.
>>
>>338176910
Hoenstly the only people who hate The Evil Within are casual shitters who wanted a generic run and gun third person action game. They didn't take the time to learn the game and understand its intricacies.

It's honestly a really fucking great game. (black bars are disabled on both PC and console btw)

>great artstyle and enemy design/variety
>levels are really varied and unique, game constantly changes it up and throws new stuff at you
>tons of ways to approach every situation. You can run past enemies, stealth, use environmental hazards, use a variety of weapons, etc.
>Crossbow and matches add a ton of depth to the gameplay
>Weapons actually feel differentiated and unique rather than simply having different damage values.
>pretty scary and tense
>great challenge. I highly recommend playing through on nightmare or akumu to fully enjoy it

It's a love it or hate it game. Many people (casuals) just don't put enough time into it to understand its intricacies and enjoy it, they just get frustrated and give up. It has a few old school and somewhat archaic design decisions, but overall, it's a fantastic game, with better mechanics and more depth than pretty much any other horror game out there.

Also definitely try it on nightmare or akumu. Your gameplay style completely changes on higher difficulties and you realize you were playing it wrong all along.
>>
>>338174147
>you rabid fanboy you.

Way to project, jackass.
>>
>>338177114
If you played with Shark Spirit yes.
>>
>>338176193
This actually reads like a cringey copypasta kek
>>
>>338177114
Only completely functional (enemy locations) if you was using Isonade (Shark). But the arrow and shrine locations were still there if you was using other guardian spirits.
>>
>>338177184
>Now people have to give you an actual argument
No they don't, why would you believe in anything people say on the internet? Are you retarded? Doesn't matter how much the action game god that has being posting here repeats it i'll never believe him, in fact, the more he does it the more i doubt it.
>>
Reminder that anyone trying to act like Nioh is a good, balanced game needs to provide proof they've mastered other action games or their opinion is worthless.

The general consensus from masters of the genre is that Nioh is trash
>>
>>338176242
But weapons drop all the time
>b-but muh special rare drop
Put it away and wait for the whetstone to drop and use something shittier in the meantime.
They didn't have to remove it, just rebalance it.
>>
File: heh.jpg (23 KB, 249x265) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
23 KB, 249x265
"3 attacks deplete your ki bluh bluh bluh"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0_D0nykqk&t=3m10s

OOOoooookay buddy, if you say so.
>>
>>338177487
Lmao who the fuck are these "masters" and why should the devs care about them?
>>
I really don't get the poor tutorial stuff.

From what i found, there are at least three tutorial messages explaining what Ki Pulse does.

I find it very hard to believe that you guys didn't get through any of those.
>>
How the hell is it America liked this more than Europe and Asias? Ya'll bunch of casual cucks.
>>
>>338177487
I refuse to believe that someone who can do hard mode KMS god hand runs would struggle with Nioh. I got my ass kicked on normal in that game and I still rolled over Nioh without a ton of trouble.
>>
>>338177267
>Hoenstly the only people who hate The Evil Within are casual shitters who wanted a generic run and gun third person action game
Nice projection, glad to know you have nothing worthwhile to actually say.
>>
>>338177267
The game does have some problems though, don't pretend it doesn't.

Stealth should not have even been a mechanic because it's poorly executed and bullets are way too scarce when the game expects you to always kill everything.

It wants you to conserve ammo by doing things like stealth kills, but once you are a seen you cannot go back into stealth, so you are then forced to kill everything with guns, because melee attacks do little to no damage but there are also almost no bullets.

I got it for 7.50 and was not disappointed but had I paid full price for it I would of been very mad.

I would say it's worth 15 bucks and at that price it's a solid 7 or 8. Definitely better than RE6 and even RE5.
>>
>>338173581
I did. In fact, I explicitly asked them to focus on explaining mechanics rather than changing them because of other complaints, but sadly they're now planning on doing both.
>>
>>338177448
>Action game god

Just beating the games on the hardest difficulty doesn't make you a god, it just means you are competent. The gods are those people making combo videos.

The fact you even think that makes you a god shows you casual you are though.
>>
>>338177717
Out of curiosity what do you think projection means?
>>
>>338177636
people are legitimately stupid
trust me on this, before Dark Souls became hot shit, I introduced a couple of my friends to it
they just didn't "get" how to play, they were stuck in the first cell thinking they were stuck when the cutscene shows the body get dropped in and indicated that it needed investigating

these kind of people make up the vocal consensus
>>
>>338169347
> Asia is the new cucktaco
lmao gitgud
>>
>>338177727
Stealth is only used in the first two chapters and even all through akumu I had zero issues with ammo.

Like I said, you're playing the game wrong. Use your crossbow, use environments, group enemies up and use matches, and use the right weapon for the enemy/situation. You should never even run close to out of ammo.
>>
>>338177694
God Hand is harder than Ni-Oh but clearly explains everything and has mechanics that all synergize together meaning it's more fair, so it's far more fun and less frustrating.

Crazy concept I know, but for a game to be hard it doesn't have to be bullshit like Ni-Oh.
>>
>Japans are supposedly to be masters of hard difficulty
>This survey

I hope you guys wake up.
This is the land of the Warriors-clone.
In fact fucking Koei, the people making this game, are the originators of the "Mash Square to kill billions" genre
They gobble the shit out of easy games.
>>
>>338177838
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPmUPfN33a8

This guy is an example. He found Nioh fairly easy and he's a beast at other action games.
>>
>>338169948
forces you to actually use other shit
>>
>>338177876
You irrationally defending yourself against your own pathetic impulses attributing it to others.

You know, the literal definition.
>>
>>338177838
I'm sorry, i should've called him just the "master of the action genre", i'm so sorry i forgot his title, please don't punish me.
>>
File: giphy.gif (723 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
723 KB, 600x338
thanks for beta testing console cucks
>>
>>338177961
There is literally nothing bullshit about Nioh.

And i say this as someone who is decidely not particularly good at action games.

The game is fair as fuck.
>>
>>338177915
Asia has always been casual
But of course, you wouldn't know this because you were born in 1998

For example, in the Resident Evil series their Hard mode was the West's Normal mode
>>
>>338177267
>Only casuals hate it

Literally the worst thing about the game is that it turns into a casual tps shit fest at the end. The minute you return to the city and the enemies get guns t stops being a survival horror and becomes a shitty uninteresting action game. Very repetitive and boring. The story is also lame and nonsensical and the upgrade system is pointless.
>>
>>338177961

>>338177998

That guy had no trouble. Honestly I don't think a beta needs a ton of hand holding tutorials and I hope they're skippable in the final product. I figured out the majority of the shit on my own except for flinching the 2nd boss by hitting his ribs.

>>338178054
Wasn't that guy, it just felt like the word you were looking for was assumption. I didn't see him give any indication that's what he wanted the game to be.
>>
Is it possible that Japanese fans just have higher standards of quality?
>>
>>338178250
They're some of the highest consumers of mobage garbage in the world

I doubt it.
>>
>>338177953
How am I playing the game wrong?

I beat the game and I beat it on Akumu. I always had JUST ENOUGH ammo to do what I needed to do with a lot of bullshit between all that. Everything I said is a valid criticism. Every time somebody criticizes something doesn't mean they did it wrong. I really wish this mentality would leave peoples minds, it's the entire premise of this fucking thread even.

Not enjoying something does not mean you did it "wrong," it means you didn't enjoy it and prefer it another way. I don't like the ammo scarcity in the game. I beat the entire game on all the difficulties because I enjoyed it and I don't like it. Nothing you say can change this. There is no "change in play style" I can even do to make me like that more because I clearly knew what I was doing, considering I beat the entire thing. It was not fun however at certain parts where I had a total of 3 bullets and had to kill 7 enemies. I still fucking did it though, meaning I must of have done something right, but that did not make it any more fun. I would of enjoyed it more with more bullets. I would even be fine if they went the Metro route and just added in a "Ranger" mode or whatever where they gave me more bullets and let you have your original experience because I'm not autistic and not going to call you "wrong" because you enjoyed an aspect I didn't and fully recognize your "fun" is just as valid as my dissatisfaction.
>>
>>338178250
No. They lap up idoltrash and mobage.
>>
File: cat.png (760 KB, 596x785) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
760 KB, 596x785
I beat the boat boss and was pretty fed up with it.

Didn't even bother with the next level, the difficulty was just too stupid half the time. The beginning was insane, getting one shotted while learning the game is a fucking stupid. What's even worse is the games combat system didn't even tell you about stances and shit until you learned to cope without them.
>>
>>338177882
It's not even just "hardcore" games like souls, in the beta at least I noticed so many people legitimately didn't know how to play Doom. Like they had no idea what they were doing and what kind of game it was
>>
>>338178091
I can't wait for the PC version

:^)
>>
>>338177838
Those combo videos are honestly only impressive to people who haven't played the game. There's so many more impressive videos than those combo vids which are really only flashy and appeal to casuals who have no understanding of the game. Something like no damage Liz or no damage UN01 are pretty impressive, but are really only a small step up from beating MNM. Once you've beaten MNM you've passed the huge majority of the difficulty curve and it's a lot easier to refine up your skills

Then again you've likely never beaten MNM or DMD and are just trying to appeal to authority to compensate for your own lack of abilities.
>>
>>338178381
I like the game but its a pretty ungraceful tutorial.
>>
>>338169347
>asia fuckin hates the game
HAH
>>
>>338178342
So you brute forced and trial and errored through the game without learning? Congrats I guess?
>>
>>338178381
The stance "soul" is like the third soul you meet.
>>
>>338178147
And so many people say it isn't that they are reevaluating the stupid start of the game that put a ton of people off.

>>338178203
>I took the time to figure out all the mechanics on my own

Most people don't want to nor will they. The basic mechanics that make a game playable should always be explained unless it's as simple as Mario where you can easily figure out how to run and jump.

A majority of people don't want to figure out some complicated stamina recovery system that only becomes simple once you know how to do it so they just call the game shit and don't buy it.

Turns out they actually want to sell games though so they will change that to appeal to more people than you.
>>
>>338177990
japan has become increasingly casual with the rise of mobile games this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
>>
If you didn't try every button and check every tab of the menu before even taking a step then you're a retard. End of story. I have to sit through endless tutorials because of dummies like you and I demand an apology.
>>
>>338169347
glad they are improving the shortcuts, a lot of them like the logs in stage two were fucking pointless

also how are they even doing these surveys when theres paragraphs of shit? do they just look for buzzwords or something. theres no way they individually read them
>>
>>338178673
It simply states that there are three stances, but none of the mechanics surrounding them
>>
>>338178479
I don't mean it as Dark Souls being hardcore
I mentioned it because I had that experience with the game, before it was popularised as being the hardest shit ever
>>
>>338171786
>Who knew doing a Ki pulse dispelled the clouds of darkness left by the yokai?

Everyone who read the tutorial message that told you this.
>>
File: giphy.gif (386 KB, 200x139) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
386 KB, 200x139
>>338178484
me too fellow PC bro
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1280x1024
>>338178695
I'm glad people are bad at videogames.
>>
>>338178638
>You brute forced and trial and errored

What does that even mean? It's a fucking third person shooter you retard. There is no trial and error. I used everything the game gave me to beat it.

>Kill one enemy
>Bait 3 more onto a body
>Set it on fire
>Exploit AoE of crossbow
>Make every gun with spread or pierce kill more than one enemy
>Use all the environmental objects to get more kills like barrels
>Always use melee weapons that kill in on hit before wasting ammo
>Upgrade weapons to stock the most amount of ammo possible so I never can't pick up ammo dropped on the ground

>HURR YOU JUST TRIAL AND ERRORED THE GAME BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT AS MUCH AS ME

It's like this place is full of actual fucking retarded autist who cannot comprehend the fact people feel different things about things than they do.

Not only that, but the entirety of learning is trial and error anyway.

>Be some random Xbox bro
>Play game like Gears of War
>It doesn't work
>Try to conserve ammo and make it count
>It works better
>Through trial and error you are a better player

Holy shit kill yourself 10/10 you got me.
>>
Honestly, I would be fine with durability if you could use money to fix weapons but I guess removing works too
>>
>>338178913
I know I'm just saying it even happens for easy games so ive learnt never to underestimate how stupid players can be
>>
>>338178789
Who the fuck checks every tab of a menu before playing a game?

Also considering they ripped off Dark Souls so heavily they could have easily ripped off it's tutorial style too but they did that like shit.
>>
>>338172849
The game teaches you all the shit you need to know, it just does it poorly and across the first hour of the tutorial (pre-flaming city area).

If you just kept impaling yourself instead of trying different approaches, that shit is on you.

Opening enemies are incredibly easy compared to the ones at the end, too. So you're wrong about that as well.
>>
>>338171786
>Who knew doing a Ki pulse dispelled the clouds of darkness left by the yokai?

I found out when I ki-pulse'd while inside the cloud.

>>338178789
This right here.
>>
>>338179238
>Who the fuck checks every tab of a menu before playing a game?
Anyone that actually likes video games.
>>
>>338179132
watch and learn m8. There's a lot more to the game than meets the eye. Real shame you beat akumu and STILL didn't bother to learn the intricacies and tactics of the game.
https://youtu.be/b6jQgwWbXqQ
>>
>>338179238
I don't see that apology fuckboy.
>>
File: ShatteredSides.jpg (147 KB, 762x668) Image search: [Google]
ShatteredSides.jpg
147 KB, 762x668
ITT, conquered people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1dlnqYUEZw
>>
>>338179140
>you could use money to fix weapons

This in my opinion would be the elegant solution.
>>
>>338177497
Or use your special snowflake weapon all the time because the drop rate was so high that you'd be rolling in whetstones anyway.
>>
>>338179318
You are one of the only people who do that retard.
>>
File: 1422153305459.jpg (55 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
1422153305459.jpg
55 KB, 500x447
>>338169347
>removed durability
And that's it folk
Would be a shame if someone should actually try out new weapons once they find the Dark sword in the game

God i fucking hate people that play video games
>>
>>338179413
I'm not that guy so that already makes 2.
>>
I think they should put the ki regain on block. It lets you regain stamina and stay defensive. It also would feel more natural as opposed to hitting style every time.
>>
>>338178789
most people don't finish their video games and you expect the same people to do that before they begin playing?
>>
>>338179413
I also used to read the manual on the way home from the store as a kid and then shit all over everyone who was too lazy/dumb to read it.

Looks like the trend continues.
>>
>>338179507
Durability was fucking stupid. Hitting two enemies and having your sword break was retarded.

Granted, they shouldn't remove the system, but at least make it so I dont have to use a whetstone every two fucking guys.
>>
>>338179507
It's just a pointless nuisance as durability is in literally every game in existence
>>
>>338179336
I'm not watching that, but you sure are a retard.

>If you don't learn how to speed run the game you didn't learn how to play it properly

Great argument there mate. I guess I never learned how to play Dark Souls either because I don't one shot bosses at SL 1 on my playthroughs.
>>
>>338178853
The first thing I did was change stances then try swinging my sword in the air and fighting enemies at different stances and I knew instantly that it was fastweak, mediummedium and slowstrong. This should be obvious to anyone who has ever played a videogame before, it's not rocket science. From then on through experience you test what the different stances do in combat and using a bit of intuition you can figure out their intricacies and when it's best to use each one against different enemies. Figuring it out for yourself and learning through the gameplay is alway better than having a tutorial just straight up tell you exactly what to do. If it's you're really dumb and can't grasp it you've got your smartphone in your hand, just watch a YouTube video. The casual mindset is making games less interesting. Being spoon-fed information like an incontinent retard is bad.
>>
File: 1382930778091.gif (1 MB, 346x261) Image search: [Google]
1382930778091.gif
1 MB, 346x261
>>338179238
Get a load of this guy. I bet you don't even go straight to the options menu upon booting up a fresh new game
>>
>>338179581
They don't have to, but that makes them a retard.

Interesting how the people who think they're too good for help always need it the most.
>>
>>338178789
Seconding this. I'm so sick of sitting through fucking tutorials when a controller only has a few fucking buttons that you can just press and see the effects of. Somewhat hard to find mechanics like the ki pulse should be explained, but luckily it fucking was and I managed to figure out how it worked no problem.
>>
>>338179507

They should have reworked durability instead of staight up scraping it but don't pretend the way it was implemented in the Tech Demo wasn't completely garbage. It added nothing except tedium having to use a whetstone after every level clear. It wasn't even a difficulty issue since whetstones dropped like fucking candy it was just redundant.

What they should do is decrease the rate of weapon degradation and increase durability for all weapons while also decreasing loot drop rate. And from reading the patch notes, it seems like that' exactly what they fixed with the drops.

Can somebody tell me what I'm supposed to be outraged about? It looks like KT is actually listening to the feedback and trying to actively improve their game.
>>
>>338179639
Dark Souls has a variety of builds, weapons, magicks, etc. Evil Within has the same weapons and abilities for everyone.

Keep damage controlling buddy. I doubt you even beat akumu
>>
>>338179579
There is Ki regain on block already. It's on midstance but occurs at a reduced rate.
>>
>>338179639
>>338179336
Holy shit, I guess I'm the retard for watching this at all.

The first 20 minutes is literally him SKIPPING almost all the enemies.

>Hurr you are a fag for not playing the game in a style where you just ignore every fucking enemy

Kill yourself you fucking faggot.
>>
did the spirit stat ever make your wolf buddy fill faster?
>>
>>338179934
You are literally using a speed run as an argument for not knowing how to play. The fact that you don't realize how dumb this is leads me to believe you are actually the guy who posted the speed run and are just that autistic to realize almost nobody finds playing games like that fun.
>>
>>338177267
I beat it on nightmare without too much difficulty, and wanted to like it more than I did. I really liked how the game plays, the crossbow, and matches as a replacement for RE4's "knife-on-the-ground" method, but pretty much everything else was mediocre to bad. The vast majority of enemies are regular dudes, regular dudes with guns, and what are basically regular dudes with 2 heads and an instant death attack no one will ever see because they don't live that long. The handful of standout enemies are both incredibly rare, and many suffer from the same "give it an instant kill attack instead of anything actually interesting" problem that the bosses do. Those attacks are probably especially boring in Akumu where everything is an instant death anyway, but I haven't played that mode. I personally thought the invisible enemies were the smartest thing in the entire game, since they posed a unique problem while rewarding a variety of different solutions.

In addition, the protagonists are incredibly boring and the game also forces Sebastian's backstory on you despite it never paying off or having any resolution for Sebastian himself since he never acknowledges or shows any indication that he also knows this information. Also despite the setting allowing for literally anything or anywhere to show up, there are only a handful of cool locations and effects interspersed between drab nothing areas.

It's not a terrible game, but I can't imagine ever playing it again. I'd rather just play RE4 again.
>>
>>338169347
Fuck asia. Step your game up.
That or they think it is too easy.
>>
>>338179763
The options menu is literally the only tab you should immediately go to.
>>
>>338169706
That or they found the game to be far too easy.
>>338169718
But what does that mean?
>>
>>338171937
spears were my favorite in this game
>>
File: nioh_screenshot4.png (786 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
nioh_screenshot4.png
786 KB, 1024x576
>• Improve exploration elements such as shortcuts, etc.
>• Add hints to guide players to boss areas.
>• Revise the display of objects that block the view of the player character.
>• Adjust fire area damage.
What the fuck am I reading? Add hints to guide the player to the boss area? It was so linear and you could see the boss areas from afar.
>>
>>338180013
Damn buddy, do you always get this defensive when you get exposed as a casual shitter? Maybe try not just brute forcing your way through the game and spend a little time trying to learn the mechanics and how the game works.
>>
>>338179978
You think having the whole regain on every block would make things to easy? I just think it would be more comfortable but I'd be curious to hear other's thoughts.
>>
Can we all agree that the combat in the tech demo was already much better than the combat found in the Souls games?
>>
>>338169706
it was too easy for them
>>
>>338180513
I've heard from people that people got into boatboss by accident without unlocking the shortcut.

Also the shortcut point is really dumb because theres at least three shortcuts in the first mission
>>
>>338180140
I'm showing how many different ways you can appoach situations and all the strategies possible. Quit damage controlling kid.
>>
File: asia.png (75 KB, 840x402) Image search: [Google]
asia.png
75 KB, 840x402
lamayo
>>
File: 1452970309721.jpg (21 KB, 261x428) Image search: [Google]
1452970309721.jpg
21 KB, 261x428
M-maybe they'll adjust the difficulty on a per-region basis, like how Hard in some JP games were Normal in NA.
>>
>>338169347
Well, at least we can blame the japs when the game gets casualized to hell and back
>>
>>338180587

I liked it only on midstance block because, for me at least, it encouraged me to use all the stances in combat— freely switching between stances and weapons as the situation called for. It also helps to differentiate between the different stances so that the player is more willing to try them all out or get used to them. Lastly, I liked it because stance switching (and by proxy weapon switching) is stylish as fuck and the cool factor adds to the satisfying combat.
>>
>Nioh
Why didn't they transcribe it as Nioo?
>>
Nips are casuals. What did you expect? They even said that FFXV demo was too complex and hard.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2013/07/14/miyamoto-japanese-are-quitters-hate-hard-games/#
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.