[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're a pack of fucking liars. A couple of days ago,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: Saints_Row_2_Game_Cover.jpg (46 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
Saints_Row_2_Game_Cover.jpg
46 KB, 256x320
You're a pack of fucking liars.

A couple of days ago, I saw a Saint's Row 2 thread, and all you faggots went on and on about how it's the best game in the series and Saint's Row the Third fucked everything up.

Then I bought Saint's Row 2, installed that shit, and received a cruel surprise.

Saint's Row 2 is fucking garbage. It's Saint's Row 3 with less charm and with shittier gameplay. The city is lifeless and dead, the controls are bad, the diversion missions I've played so far are trash--the arrows in the racing missions point you in completely the wrong direction, the one where you fuck someone in a gas station bathroom is boring and a total waste of time, and the one where you play a cop beating up people for a TV show is repetitive as hell.

The only thing better in Saint's Row 2 is the customization options. That's fucking it. Saint's 3 isn't perfect, and you might not like the tonal shift, but it's a total evolution of everything Saint's Row 2 fell short on.

You have the worst taste in video games.
>>
I'm sorry.
>>
>>338166724
OP is butthurt and has shit taste
>>
Yeah the only thing better in 2 was that the city was bigger and more varied and the pedestrians had a bit more life in them.
I don't think there was anything worthwhile in either game that wasn't explicitly marked on your map.
>>
>>338166938
I forgive you.

>>338167125
>OP is butthurt

You're right, and I'll admit that.
>>
>>338166724
idk dude i still play it to this day, try dl'ing the gentleman of the row mod. It helps. There are also some graphic overhaul mods that can clean it up a bit. It hasn't aged super well though so I can appreciate where you're coming from
>>
ITT OP finally finds out for the first time in his life that people have differing opinions

Bravo!
>>
I completed sr1 and sr3 a while ago but I tried playing saints row 2 last month and I had to it turn off after 15 minutes. fucking terrible. controls are terrible and the graphics are really bad too. the driving is shit. A true thq piece of garbage. I cant go back to this game after playing actual quality games like sleeping dogs and gtav. saints row is badly made trash
>>
>>338167560
You're not supposed to play the PC port, it's utter trash. Play it on 360.
>>
>>338168335
PC has gentlemen of the row though
>>
>>338168335
What's wrong with it exactly other than the speedup bug and the occasional CTD?
>>
>arrows point you the wrong way
What. I've played SR 2 for hundreds of hours, what race has the arrows going the wrong way?
Also, what's so terrible about the controls?
>>
I played SR 1, 2, and 3. I stopped in the middle of 4 because the games are getting to easy and short. 1 and 2 had all these side missions that would take you a really long time to beat. While 3 also has that it doesn't have near as many. I beat 3 100% in about 5 days whereas I don't think I ever beat 1 or 2 100%
>>
>>338169096
that's because the side missions were so boring and repetitive
>>
saints row games are just so fucking tacky. its like a 12 year olds gta fanfic turned into a game
>>
>>338166724
Yeah, you fucked up by listening to some asshole who shills this game in threads every couple of days.
>>
SR2 has some of the best moments though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Do-VyOFkjo
>>
>>338168653
well it wouldn't even start for me
>>
>>338169291

This. If I wanted dumb fun I'd just play destroy all humans or something
>>
>>338168335

You can fix the problems with the PC port but the console versions will always look and run terrible.
>>
I enjoyed 2 far more than 3, but I say this as someone who played 2 when it released and enjoyed it immensely, especially playing co-op with my friend. Spent hundreds of hours playing it.

In comparison to 3 I'd say it just felt more serious where it mattered and goofy where it had the room to be. The world was more fun to explore in 2, especially when I discovered the fucking shopping mall for the first time after countless hours of dicking around.

I also liked the characters far more in this game than their representation in 3.

But hey, everyone's entitled to their opinions.
>>
>>338170174
If I wanted no fun I'd play GTA 4.
>>
>>338170314

Even if I wanted a super serious story game I wouldn't go for GTA 4. Doesn't make the Saints Row games any less redundant
>>
>>338166724
Yeah, I always try to warn people. SR and SR2 is great for the story and environment, but SR3 is the superior title. The co-op in SR3 is some of the best shit I ever played with my bro.

Don't bother with SR4, it's fucking shit
>let's take SR3
>remove the need to drive or use those sweet jet bikes
>remove the need to really use guns
>make the world feel dead
>take the story down autism boulevard
>meme it up
>>
>>338170595
>redundant

So if 1 fun game exists, there is no point in other fun games existing?
>>
>>338166724

Do it for her OP.
>>
>there's people who tout sr2 to being the best saints row
>there's people who do this and have never touched the first one

fucking neo /v/ shitters as usual.
>>
File: CaZEB6UUAAA07lIa.png (269 KB, 362x444) Image search: [Google]
CaZEB6UUAAA07lIa.png
269 KB, 362x444
>>338170785
>SR4 is shit

Yeah I know it's very different from the previous titles in the series but it in no way bad.
>>
>>338171032
You call it something else, I'll agree that it's decent.
You put a SR sticker on it. It's shit.
>>
>>338170806

Maybe redundant as the wrong word, how about contrived. It just falls short in a lot of ways, and people excuse it because it's "fun". Well, there's lots of other fun, silly games that aren't tacky and cheap.
>>
Ill go ahead and say SR3 had some fantastic vehicles and you could do a lot of missons in a variety of ways with a lot of freedom.

SR4 the super powers shits all over the concept of cars and theres a lot of stupid scripted fights that makes upgrading your chracter pointless because they wont let you fight or do a misson except the way you want it.
>>
Imagine if volition had spent the time between gta4 and 5 making a real quality game. A big city with countryside and good graphics. A tru gta sa sequel. They could have established themselves as a genuine gta rival. Instead they shat out saints row 2 and 3
>>
>>338170785
gotta agree with you man. SR3 had some sweet customization except for the clothes.
>>
>>338171716
>SR3 you can use both a tank main gun and its heavy machine gun turret
>gta v fuck you use the square button to switch weapons but you can only use the main gun on the tank and the machine gun is useless. Also buy sharks cards goy.
>>
>>338170903
What they did to Shaundi in the seuquel is just absolutely inexplicable. I mean, they took some chill stoner hippie chick and turned her into... a generic bitch, pretty much.

I mean, why would they ever think that that would make her a more compelling character?
>>
>>338172973
>I mean, why would they ever think that that would make her a more compelling character?

Because it shows that she fucking grew up and realized being a part of such a powerful gang meant not being some stoner burnout if you want to get shit done. Hell, one of her sidequests in SR4 pretty much spells this out.

Although having the two Shaundis together just showed she was always a terrible character that nobody likes.
>>
>>338166724
Some shit taste you've got there.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.