[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me some good modern FPS's, /v/. I feel like blowing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: donttouchmeyougoddamncasual.gif (497 KB, 499x360) Image search: [Google]
donttouchmeyougoddamncasual.gif
497 KB, 499x360
Give me some good modern FPS's, /v/. I feel like blowing up shit, but I don't want the cancer of most modern FPS's. Wolfenstien: The New Order looks bretty gud.
>>
>>338165162
How recent do you want? Serious Sam 3 was good
>>
>>338165162
Play Metro 2033 and Last Light. There is a metro: redux and it comes with both games.
>>
>>338165609
Current or previous gen. I'm a tad burnt out on Serious Sam.
>>
>>338165748
Not the same guy, but you could try Shadow Warrior. I know you said your burnt out on SS but Shadow Warrior has a demo, try it out.
>>
>>338165748
I guess you played F.E.A.R and Painkiller already?
>>
>>338165992
Okay, I loved the original Shadow Warrior, so I might give that one a shot.
>>338166079
Nope. I spook easily.
>>
>>338166126
I've played a bit of the original Painkiller. It's not really scary, the atmosphere might be a bit spooky though. If you like SS give Painkiller a try as well!
>>
>>338166126
SW 2013 isn't really anything like the classic game. Not saying it's bad, but don't expect it to be like that.
How old were you when you last tried F.E.A.R? I love that game, but the horror is always terrible since it's obvious when the game is going to try and give you a scare, and that you're never in danger when you're in one of the "scary" parts, where your controls are taken away. Painkiller isn't trying to be scary I think
>>
>>338166239
Okay, sounds good.

C'mon ya'll, give me some more! So I got Painkiller, Shadow Warrior, and Wolfenstien: The New Order. I'll even take indie shit, as long as it's not cancerous.
>>
>>338165162
I'm just going to list some shooters

Sanctum (has tower defense elements)
Shadow Warrior
Killing Floor
Payday 2 (has an absolute shit business model)
ARMA
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
Team Fortress 2 (I don't like it myself but it's popular)
>>
Left 4 Dead?
>>
>>338166532
Devil Daggers is a cheap high score chaser that come out this year. Great mechanics, sound design and atmosphere if you don't mind playing basically the same content over and over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HskOcc1ILAM
>>
Screencheat is fun if you have people to play it with.
>>
>>338167170
There's another indie shooter that's essentially a rougelike FPS. I for the life of me can't remember it's name.
>>
>>338167550
Ziggurat?
>>
Borderlands/Borderlands 2. Both of them are fun but the first one falls a bit flat in the RPG aspect and weapon proficiency is stupid.
>>
>>338167661
No, not that. It's in 3D, but it's like 3D pixel shit.
>>
>>338167661
I really wish that ziggurat was better. I had such high hopes.
>>
File: isnmwi.png (116 KB, 581x349) Image search: [Google]
isnmwi.png
116 KB, 581x349
>>338165162
Play Gun Godz, it's a free download that basically copies Doom. Really fun game
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.