[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we unfuck this site? As we all know it's been invaded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Wiki-wordmark[1].png (21 KB, 250x65) Image search: [Google]
Wiki-wordmark[1].png
21 KB, 250x65
How do we unfuck this site? As we all know it's been invaded by normies and now no one ever updates it.

Why don't we have a central hub of general /v/ information, kind of like /g/, /lit/, and /mu/ have their own wikis with lots of great stuff?
>>
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/

the link in question
>>
We dont, just pretend it never existed.
>>
>>338163615
It was linked on the sidebar of one of the video game reddits for ages a few years ago.

People tried to remake it but those ventures puttered out and now people just post collage pictures of what games to play instead of linking to the wikia.
>>
It was impossible to maintain since /v/ is too divided with ultraweebs, grognards, casual normalfags, mustards, idorts, shills etc. It just became worse when /r/gaming linked to it and the reddit invasion began.

>kept deleting shitty reddit entries like COD3
>it was back the next day
>>
Anything put together by modern /v/ would be a bastion of shit anyways. Besides you are just triggered that people with different opinions than you have input on the site. In short you are a faggot
>>
Do we need that shit?
/a/ doesnt have anything of the sort
>>
>>338163615
It's still good for 6th gen and prior, Modern and PC games are fucked though
>>
>>338165278
There was an /a/ wiki years ago but I think it died and mal works better anyhow
>>
>>338163615
What's wrong with it exactly?

Also current day /v/ flips its shit over everything. Full of divided opinions and revisionists.
>>
>>338163615

I used to make edits on here a lot. I tried to be open-minded when people posted their recommendations but anytime something conflicts with what someone from /v/ likes they scream Reddit and throw a tantrum. It's pretty stupid.
>>
>>338165862
Check I dunno the wiiu section of that site and prepare to feel embarrassed
>>
File: 1297883430788.png (120 KB, 415x403) Image search: [Google]
1297883430788.png
120 KB, 415x403
>>338166376
>someone is updating it since splatoon is there
>lego city undercover
>no xenoblade x or fatal frame
>>
>>338166376
What a messed up list. This part on EB Beginnings triggered me though

>If you are not allergic to emulation, it's probably a better idea to play one of the ROM hacks of this that improve the experience. There is also a translation patch for the arguably superior GBA version.
Only people who need a rom hack to "improve" the "experience" of Beginnings are babies who can't play RPGs. Beginnings was pretty damn easy. I can't imagine how easy the stupid hack makes it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.