[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk for a moment about the terrible plot twist in this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
Can we talk for a moment about the terrible plot twist in this game?
>>
File: 1452412256894.gif (48 KB, 2034x1491) Image search: [Google]
1452412256894.gif
48 KB, 2034x1491
Maybe you should post the title of the game
>>
Which one?
The two that are so thinly veiled that they barely count as twists, or the one that comes completely out of the left field outside of foreshadowing about five minutes before it happens?
>>
>>338159530
It was expected, the waifu can't be evil.
>>
>>338160870
It's on the image retard
>>
File: Stella Glow.png (556 KB, 651x487) Image search: [Google]
Stella Glow.png
556 KB, 651x487
>>
which one? the fact that hilda is good, the world is actually a post-apocalyptic earth, or that klaus was actually a bad guy?

i'm playing the game a second time, and the hints for the second and third were all there the whole time, and if you've played any jrpg in the last 20 years, you'd know the first one is obvious as all fuck.
>>
>>338162796
Can I knaifu all the waifus?
>>
>>338163074
Not to mention the game is pretty much identical to Luminous Arc 2 and the cowtits version of Hilda in that game is good too.
>>
>>338159530
>terrible

How is it possible to have taste this bad? Chapters 9-12 were the most invested I've been in a game in over a year. The writing is really fucking good, but it takes forever to get going. 20-40 hours of hints dropped and generic fantasy setting, then ~10 hours of SHIT JUST GOT REAL.
>>
>>338159530
maybe we could talk about how the gameplay was garbage
>>
>>338163670
Stella Glow?
More like Stella SLOW holy fuck.
>>
>>338163183
All the Witches, yeah.

But you're only ever going to want to knife Sakuya.
>>
>>338165618
>not lisette

it's like you don't want to use terminal slash more than once
>>
>>338163074

I was talking about Klaus, yeah. But Hilda doesn't make sense either, why would she refuse to sit down and talk with Alto after she saved his life? It seems the whole plot of this game hinges on harbingers being fucktards so that people would think they're the bad guys.
>>
File: 1441351779279.jpg (13 KB, 249x213) Image search: [Google]
1441351779279.jpg
13 KB, 249x213
>OST never
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>338159530
2nd best girl after Popo, best ending
>>
>>338167269
hilda and gang effectively murdered alto's entire village in front of his eyes. he wasn't exactly gonna believe her. the whole deck's stacked against her if you think about it.

she's seen as a heartless witch who wants to kill all, she's also a failed queen who terrorized her people, and she was responsible for kashmistan. the whole game builds her up to be a villain in alto's eyes. and yes, the game shows us that hilda can be sympathetic, but those scenes were for our eyes only; alto never got to see any of that. if you're mad at the game, you're really only mad at the (dramatic) irony of the situation.

as for klaus, the hints were there throughout the story. when you get his affinity to as high as you can get it, he talks about having lived a very long time, he also talks about having a very dear friend who lived with him in a time of war. right in the beginning of the third chapter, ana describes the story of elcrest and xeno, and how the two heroes fought against god.

there's also the fact that he'd been acting very suspicious from the beginning, conveniently allowing alto to join the 9th, and putting him in the center of danger in many situations, just to confirm his suspicions.

and of course, who can forget the fact that he's also Mr. X, as in Mr. Xeno
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.