[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally the game was complete but the marketing didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1463664959561.jpg (64 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
1463664959561.jpg
64 KB, 800x640
Literally the game was complete but the marketing didn't department didn't know how to market it.

Fuck me, They did the last two. Why not do it the same?

Further more, Copies of the game exist on PC's that people bought from free radical.
>>
>>338158016
I was talking with one of the dev's a while ago, when i saw it on his profile.

He mention he didn't want to get sued.

I didn't understand why he said that as i told him the company don't exist anymore, but still there's the chance he said.
>>
>>338158016
Well, the previous games were tongue-in-cheek parodies of movies etc.
>>
>>338158016
Didn't this happen around the time the industry started to go all gritty, realism, mature games for mature gamers such as myself so marketing wanted to push that?

Same shit with why the single player in 3 is the way it is, EA was pushing for a main character who was marketable and Free Radical made him a joke.
>>
>>338158016
>Further more, Copies of the game exist on PC's that people bought from free radical.

Citation needed.
>>
>>338159581
I think he's mixing a lot of this up with Battlefront 3
>>
>>338158016
Sauce?

Rewind when?
>>
File: chevrolet-citation-07.jpg (88 KB, 1280x782) Image search: [Google]
chevrolet-citation-07.jpg
88 KB, 1280x782
>>338159581
here ya go
>>
>>338159140
They already started going for that angle in future perfect
>>
>>338159820
Yeah but that came out near the end of the previous generation, 4 would've been out amidst Gearses of Wars and Callodoodtys.

The heyday of brown and bloom.
>>
>>338159639
Nah, They sold off the hard drives and the computers.

You can look this stuff up.

Further more some employees keep copies of things they are working on their work computers at home.
>>
>>338160793
Yeah I know that but I don't remember ever reading about Timesplitters 4 being in the state the OP mentions (outside of the marketing), but do remember hearing those things for Battlefront 3 (and seeing footage to back that up).
>>
TimeSplitters is the FPS we need, not that DOOM wannabe for fat american casuals
>>
>>338161357
Agreed.
>>
>>338161357
Who owns Timesplitters? Is it Crytek? Even then are the original developers even there?

I really would like a new Timesplitters but I don't want it if they're going to fuck it up, by trying to make it "realistic" or "gritty".
>>
>>338161902
Crytek, Same company really.

They changed names and i believe the one that closed was north.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.