[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people pretend The Witcher games are anymore a "real"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: dragon age witcher 3.jpg (118 KB, 960x681) Image search: [Google]
dragon age witcher 3.jpg
118 KB, 960x681
Why do people pretend The Witcher games are anymore a "real" RPG than the Dragon Age games?

In Dragon Age when it comes to dialogue, you're stuck with
>TELL ME ABOUT LORE SHIT THAT DOESN'T IMPACT THE DIALOGUE CHOICES
>Yes
>Sarcastic yes
>No

In Witcher when it comes to dialogue, you're stuck with
>TELL ME ABOUT LORE SHIT THAT DOESN'T IMPACT THE DIALOGUE CHOICES
>Yes
>Sarcastic yes
>No
>>
Indeed.
>>
Because they do it less blatantly
>>
>>338157456
Maybe people say that by comparing everything that makes the two games, not just one aspect.
>>
I don't think anyone does, but at least the witcher 3 has some other things going for it whereas da:I is just a shit game all round.
>>
because the witcher isn't mandating we have gay romance with horribly written transblack characters which are shallow, poor caricature characters that only exist for virtue-signalling purposes
>>
I lost count how many times I've seen thread, especially considering that image is ancient.
>>
witcher overall is a more mature series, wich speaks to a lot of people.
>>
File: DA_filthy mongrels.jpg (15 KB, 252x269) Image search: [Google]
DA_filthy mongrels.jpg
15 KB, 252x269
Ignoring the shitty OP bait, where did Bioware go so wrong compared to CDPR?
>>
10 hours into witcher 3 and while i think its a good game. I also think its grossly overrated and misleading on pregame advertising in that its supposed to be a huge open world with no loading times. When in reality its not that open worlded, but a series of maps that do require loading times to travel between, much like inquisition. In fact this game is very similar to inquisition in alot of aspects. Which was also a good game.

But. I was expecting something new and amazing with perfect review scores and all the hype. I am severely let down. I will take a last gen dragon age over this for a few reasons.

1. The one map open world of dragon age was amazing.

2. The quests and dialogue of dragon age is unmatched, from killing an orphanage headmaster, uncovering mage school plots, thieves guild quests, demon quests,sera lol, on top of the main storyline, etc.

3. 3rd person is awesome. Even the dull melee combat of dragon age feels fun in 1st person. But ofc using magic was much more fun and varied.

4. Level system in dragon age is also unmatched imo. Even skyrim had a better leveling system imo.

Witcher 3 has good graphics, good story n quests, good combat, good crafting, etc but just doesnt live up to its hype nor surpass dragon age in any way for me. What u guys think?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>It's a thebull94 thread
>>
>>338158560
nice pasta
>>
>>338158442
EA bought them
Dragon Age : Origin was already almost done so EA couldn't fuck it that much
But that ME2 came out and you could already see the difference.
After that there was DA2 and only shit this will be remember as "how to fuck up a licence"
>>
File: daorigins 2016-01-09 22-03-06.png (3 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
daorigins 2016-01-09 22-03-06.png
3 MB, 1440x900
>>338158442
My guess would be EA and replacing their writers with hamburger helpers.
>>
>>338158560
could you stop copypaste that bait ?
>>
>>338158442
CDPR is still the new kid on the block as far as development goes. Give them time. You have to wonder what will happen once management changes, shareholders get more leverage. etc. I say this because contrary to popular belief Bioware did not sell out to EA. EA acquired them by buying their investor group or something so Bioware had no say in the matter.
>>
As someone who has played DA:O and TW1 and 2, Dragon Age is the equivalent of a 13 year trying to be deep.

As fun DA:O was, there is not a single NPC I didn't want to smack the shit out of. Morgana with her 'look at me I'm so deep and philosophical tis twat twere', Sten with his ornery and pissed off facade (you're a grown man for fuck's sake), Zevron or whatever with his hand on my ass, and that super annoying Christian lesbian. The least annoying of the bunch turned out to be the fucking dog and the retard.

The Witcher on the other hand ends up being more 'mature' in that:

1) It doesn't take itself seriously. The first game might as well be a comedy with the snark it has.

2) Things happen and they don't try to tell you how to feel about it. Geralt doesn't try to appeal emotionally to the player and thus earns our respect. Even when he's trying to do something important to him like saving Triss, he doesn't betray too much emotion and keeps a level head.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.