[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of playing this,what's the word on the street?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Thinking of playing this,what's the word on the street?
>>
>>338149454
It's another generic MMO.
>>
>>338149454
MMOs are shit
>>
>>338149454
Glorified singleplayer game with no end game.
>>
It's an amazing game let down by autistic levels of rng and grind
>>
>>338150293
this guy got it
>>
Everything is grind and rng
>>
File: 1269[1].jpg (15 KB, 361x351) Image search: [Google]
1269[1].jpg
15 KB, 361x351
>>338149538
>want to play MMO
>genre is dead
Why?
>>
>>338149454
sandbox mmo with a lot of grinding.
it has some guild vs guild pvp, and exploring the world is pretty neat since its huge and theres no fast travel.

dungeons arent instaned and bosses need to be summoned via scrolls that you get thru daily quests.

theres also a bunch of stuff to do that sint combat related, so a lot of people choose to just craft and trade goods from one territory in another.

if you are looking for a theme park game(aka. wow), stay away from black desert.
if you liked the idea of eve online but want more action oriented combat, give black desert a chance.
>>
>>338149454
Go outside and ask faggot
does this look like a street to you?
>>
>>338152902
You could've just not posted, y'know?
>>
Beta player reporting... The game is fun for a while but your can reach near max level (or the soft cap 50) within 8 or 9 hours. Consists of mostly grinding, enchantments are rng after +7 and stupidly expensive. There is no end game. Gearing for pvp is the end game, no dungeons or anything. There is Very little armor variety, and that is no exaggeration. The classes are gender locked. Cash shop prices are 20-30 dollars for 1 outfit bound per 1 character. Game rewards afk through life skills. I encourage to try it, it is beautiful, but you will not stay long before you get bored.
>>
>cashgrab the MMO.
>>
File: woody.jpg (45 KB, 697x428) Image search: [Google]
woody.jpg
45 KB, 697x428
the MMO genre is dead, some companies and some players don't want to admit it yet though.
sure they were great back then but now it's all about quick matches and short games. MOBA's and arena shooters are the "new" thing now.
I don't care for either but that my observation.
>>
>>338153310
For sub based games, they will not die until the upkeep of the game costs more then the money generated off of the subs. Final fantasy mmos last forever due to that, last one was around 8 or so years old I believe
>>
It's korean as fuck.

If you enjoy endless grinding and gear > levels >>>>>>> personal skill style balancing, then you'll have fun.

>But anon, you can just craft and do life skills

Don't really get how people can sit there and trade/fish/craft all fucking day. They're so simplistic that you can pretty much do it 90% afk.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.