[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so why hasn't anyone been talking about this? http://w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: ladybug.png (640 KB, 1384x837) Image search: [Google]
ladybug.png
640 KB, 1384x837
so why hasn't anyone been talking about this?

http://www.yearoftheladybug.com/
>>
File: 1447863087770.gif (381 KB, 268x266) Image search: [Google]
1447863087770.gif
381 KB, 268x266
Ladybug?
>>
Cool concept, but that's all there is. A concept. Why should I back this if there is no form of in-game footage?
>>
>>338145832
there's no crowdfunding, all they want is support
>>
File: 1451148253943.png (486 KB, 478x592) Image search: [Google]
1451148253943.png
486 KB, 478x592
>>338145153
I like the concept and the type of enemies, kinda reminds me of Siren Blood Curse.
Look forward to hear more about it.
>>
I kind of like the art direction, but from just the front page concept art it seems like it'll be more action oriented and the horror of their style loses meaning if you're just crunching down enemies.

I would enjoy it if the creatures were killable, but unique and not just copy/paste enemy hallway number n.
>>
Because it's just a concept with no developer attached and no plans to turn it into an actual game.
It's still pretty good looking, but don't expect anything
>>
There's a fine line between a creepyasfuck game and an action horror game.
Already, the concept has you as a mass murderer, so you already have some sort of power/capability vs. some regular joe who is vulnerable in all aspects.

Take the first Dead Space, there's elements of fright and atmosphere when you're this slow hunkering fucker with a tool/weapon that doesn't kill instantly and you're against these fast enemies.
Then you become fucking Iron Man. ammo drops everywhere, and all horror is stomped right out the window.
>>
>>338146793
DS2 was fine. It still retained its gameplay philosophy of strategic dismemberment, and tools were far superior to guns, even though they buffed the assault rifle.
But in 3 they made a fatal mistake (a lot of them, really) of making enemies too fast. This way the whole idea of dismembering enemies went out of the window, because you simply didn't have time to aim, and DPS and stopping power of your weapons became much more important than precision.
>>
Neat concept, hope a game comes of it, I really like they are trying to finance it themselves rather than crowdfunding it.
>>
>>338147151
The atmosphere in 1 was good. It was very claustrophobic, suffocating at times, and there's sense of shit that went down on that ship and you're just there with the ghosts.

By 2, you already know what Issac is capable of. He's basically Tony fucking Stark.
Not to mention the setting went from a mining ship that's cut off from outside contact and the aftermath of the necro outbreak, which makes things eerie.
2 was in in the thick of things, on a colony, with a lot more support characters.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.