[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if Nintendo, instead of releasing another home console,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: mario[1].png (118 KB, 571x335) Image search: [Google]
mario[1].png
118 KB, 571x335
What if Nintendo, instead of releasing another home console, released a digital distribution platform for PC?

Perhaps one that's compatible with smartphones too.

Something that can be played on different platforms, I do not know.
>>
>>338145118
What if OP, instead of being a fag, made a good thread?

Perhaps one that had a chance of actually happening realistically.

Something that would spark actual good discussion, I do not know.
>>
>>338145118
SO you want them to release all their games on JAVA?
>>
What if Sony, instead of releasing another home console, released a digital distribution platform for PC?

Perhaps one that's compatible with smartphones too.

Something that can be played on different platforms, I do not know.
>>
>>338145815
>>338145642
It's like I'm talking to children, well done /V/.
>>
>>338145118
i remember this game.
for some reason it played the sfx through my PC speaker.
>>
>>338145118
What Mario game is this? It looks familiar
>>
File: rchEHUa.png (250 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
rchEHUa.png
250 KB, 500x375
>>338145932
>capitalizing the V in /v/
how's your first day on 4chan?

I'll indulge your dumb idea though OP. If Nintendo backed out of the hardware market, you wouldn't want their games - trust me. Aside from the Wii U because of how much of a stunning failure it was, Nintendo has /ALWAYS/ made profit off of their hardware unlike other companies who do not. Nintendo's entire economic model is built on earning through both software and hardware, something that other companies in the industry simply don't tend to do. By removing the hardware aspect, you're removing a giant chunk of Nintendo's typical income stream, which is only hurting the company.

One other thing Nintendo prides itself on is games tailor made for their hardware. They make games that push the envelope, not only because they want to show off their hardware, but because their hardware is custom-made for their development teams so they can squeeze more out of it. You remove the hardware from the equation and you not only remove one of their incentives for making uniquely creative games, but you also remove the edge they have - most of their development teams probably wouldn't even know how to properly optimize games for something as widely varied as the PC market.

So what you get is a Nintendo that has less money to pour into their games, less incentive to push their development teams to the limit (since they're not relying on software to sell hardware), and a far weaker understanding of the platform they are creating for.

You know how SEGA turned pretty mediocre after they went third-party? Imagine that but tenfold. Nintendo might not be doing well but this is not the answer
>>
>>338146343
some old ass DOS mario fangame iirc
>>
>>338145932
Where do you think you are?
You are talking to children 95% of the time.
>>
>>338145118
What Mario game was this? I got it on a shareware disc once and haven't been able to find it again. It was peak uncanny-valley shit.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.