[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a comfy Modern Warfare thread? >favorite weapon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (158 KB, 298x428) Image search: [Google]
image.png
158 KB, 298x428
Can we have a comfy Modern Warfare thread?

>favorite weapon
>favorite map
>favorite mission
>>
Silenced MP5
Bloc
Death from Above
>>
>implying all ghillied up isn't the best mission
>>
motherfucking barrett
crash
all ghillied up, no contest
>>
>>338144643
Silenced G3
Wet work
Death from above
>>
>>338144643
>mp5
>backlot
>don't remember
>>
>>338144842
OP said favourite, not best you fucktard
>>
Do people still play this game?

I want to go back to it.
>>
>>338145420
Yes, even the pirated servers are still active.
>>
>>338145609
What about World at War?
>>
>AK47 no attachments
>Crash
>All Ghillied Up
>>
AK47

Ambush/Backlot/Crash/Crossfire/District/Strike basically half the core maps and no i can't pick between them

eh it's boring but i liked the opening car ride and coup scene, its not even gameplay. it had like a Blackhawk Down vibe or something, you were going deep into a hornet's nest. Isn't there like a BHD segment in every CoD game anyway, fighting from a downed chopper?

>>338145420

last i checked the community is pretty bad, it's either vanilla TDM with noob PRs and hackers or some promod if you're lucky, which is fun when you're on your shit but brutal when you're out of practice; it's fast.

>>338145667

its a glitch/exploit/hack fest
>>
File: cod4M4A1.png (30 KB, 393x126) Image search: [Google]
cod4M4A1.png
30 KB, 393x126
Crash is my favorite map, No Fighting in the War Room is the best mission. reminder that AGU is for faggots and literally nothing happens in that mission.
>>
AK-74u
Vacant
Mile High Club
>>
>>338144643
>>>favorite weapon
Barebones AK47
>>favorite map
Crash
>>favorite mission
Mile High Club
>>
>vanilla
>RPG+sonic boom+martyrdom

Fun times. I would kill myself on purpose to kill them too or so they don't get a kill
>>
>>338144643
do you guise remember that bloc glitch where you could enter those closed staircases if someone boosted you ? you could snipe fuckers from like 100 meters high.
and elevator jumps man.
good times.
>>
>>338146516
>sneaking through Pripyat and silently taking out enemies
>lay down and have to wait for battalion of soldiers and tanks to pass
>whole purpose of the mission and the following is assassinating Zakhaev
>>
AK
Crash
Blackout
>>
>>338146836
>tfw you kill the guy who glitched up there
>>
>>338144643
>favorite weapon
M16 with red dot - scrubbin' it all day, erry day.

>favorite map
Can never remember what its called, the one where it's a street going downhill, with a bombed out building at one end.

>favorite mission
One Shot, One Kill on veteran
>>
ak47
crossfire
ghillied
>>
>>338146842
AGU and OSOK are two separate missions. nothing happens in ghillied, you can even sneak past the enemies at that pond that you're supposed to kill. it's just one big set piece and nothing more.
>>
>>338146842
>that part when you snipe the dude off the staircase after crawling under the trucks
One of the best moments of this game
>>
Ak47
M16 when I felt like winning
Bog
I forget my favorite mission after the heap of multiplayer I played
>>
>Mini Uzi
>M9
>Bandolier
>Literally drowning in ammo

I don't know why this made me so happy
>>
I legit dont get why everyone loves this game so much. I remember playing it when it came out and it was just as generic as any other CoD.

Can anyone explain it to me?
>>
>>338147932
It was the first modern cod
>>
>>338147932
At the time it was seen as refreshing when the FPS market was inundated with WW2 games.

Now I long for those days.
>>
>>338147932
because it had the best multiplayer available on consoles at the time, by far.
>>
>>338147932

timing

online console gaming hit the mainstream with x360 even more so than xbox1.0, and the game was WELL REALISSTIC M8 PROPA SAS SHIT NOT GAY LASERS IN SPACE LIKE HALO M8

besides that its a solid 7 with enduring charms. the load-outs and streaks are more toned down to what they became in MW2 and beyond, and even with simple console weapon handling the guns all had personality and fit their niches well.
>>
>>338147932
It's modern (not the first obviously)
It's COD (back then, 1&2 were good games)
Flashy campaign with memorable set pieces and great pacing
Great graphics for its time
Hyping it for being the main competitor of Halo 3

Short version is because it was new and released during the right time
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.