[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since the new dlc for witcher 3 is coming out on the 31st, I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Since the new dlc for witcher 3 is coming out on the 31st, I decided to get some wine to drink while playing. Unfortunately Est est isn't available in my region so I'm asking here for recommendations for a wine to imbibe while I go carousing around the countryside of Toussaint.
>>
>>338136078
So what's the reason Hearts of Stone only added on the existing map, but B&W adds an entire region?
>>
>>338137392
No idea. Maybe they want to send the series off with a bang instead of just some small addition.
the original map also had a lot of unused space so that might have something to do with it.
>>
>>338136078
Depends where you live and what wine would you like (red, white, rose)? If you're in France then a Morgon for red, Gewutztrameiner for white (it has an agressive, fruity taste) or otherwise any rosé from Giscours will be a good choice for a relatively good price. Depends on your meal too. Red meat will require red wine, barberque fits well with rosés especially in summer and all that's seafood goes with white wine.

If you're not in France then you're shit outa luck since non French wine are overpriced, watered down grape juices.
>>
>>338136078
>drinking the liquid jew
>>
>>338136078
Any zinfandel is usually a good start for people not used to drinking wine. You can get good quality, affordable Californian Zin pretty easily in any major shop. A merlot is also good, but they can be expensive. Both of those are red wines.

You can also try other kind of non-grape wines like elderberry wine or mead, which is a honey based wine.
>>
>>338137805
I might indeed be shit out of luck since I live in the promised land of government run monopoly on alcohol and overpriced swill but thanks for the recommendations. Gives me somewhere to start.

>>338137989
Thanks to you too. I'll look into these. Mead actually isn't very available here but I've brewed my own from time to time with moderate success. Haven't got any now though.
>>
>>338138331
Suomessa?
>>
>>338138331
>>338137989
Be careful with mead. It is a horrible alcohol to drink during a meal since it will overpower the taste of whatever food you're eating. It is excellent before a meal as an aperitif or after as a nice dessert.
>>
>>338138331
If you're looking for a white wine instead I can suggest a Pinot Blanc or Sauvignon Blanc for a light wine, Muscat for more sweet and a Marsanne for a more creamy wine.
All of these are just blends and types, you'll have to find what brands are available to you locally.

White wine goes well with light foods like salads, deserts or anything sweet and creamy. Salmon is great with Sauvignon Blanc for example.
>>
I hope we get entirely new gear this time or something. It seemed like the last expansion didn't really do that well. I wanted to change my play style but still had to go through the whole Witcher armor quest instead of giving us something new.
>>
>>338138438
kyllä

>>338138576
Many thanks! I guess I'm going to get some white since I've had red wine a few times with food but didn't enjoy them much.
>>
>>338137392
Entire region, as big as Velen and city size of Novigrad.
>>
>>338138726
Red wines typically go well with meats. Beef, venison and to some degree pork. Certain blends and types also change how the wine tastes, along with how expensive it is.
The thing about wine is it's really expensive for a good wine. And ridiculously expensive for a great wine. But you should have no trouble finding a good wine for under 20 dollars/local currency. When in doubt, ask in shop.
>>
>>338137392
HoS was only like 5 months after launch and they only started it sometime after launch. This is a year after launch
>>
File: BlissfulSelfishBufeo.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
BlissfulSelfishBufeo.webm
1 MB, 640x360
Blood & Wine adds 30+ hours of gameplay, 2 hours of totally new soundtrack , boosted graphic + reinvented interface. This expansion will be game of the fucking year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIRYSQQYk0g
>>
Question: I'm currently going through witcher 2 and after that i plan on playing 3 and all the DLC, do you have to beat the main story before you are able to start the new content or does it not really matter? Whats preferable?
>>
>>338140210
I think the dlc content is designed for high level character
>>
>>338138816
City size closer to Oxenfurt rather than Novigrad.
And total land mass size was said most recently by the devs to be about the size of all the Skellige land masses connected, which I don't believe is quite as big as Velen.

Let's be fair here, if it was as big as you said it was that would nearly be another Witcher 3 game itself.
Doubtful they'd get that much into an expansion that has a fraction of the budget and dev time.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.