[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OH SHIT IT'S YOUR TIME TO SHINE ANON
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: 1460530875425.png (90 KB, 538x139) Image search: [Google]
1460530875425.png
90 KB, 538x139
WHAT DO YOU DO?
>>
Push cars at them.
>>
>>338135763
Panic and fumble trying to learn the controls because I've only played like 5 hours of L4D and none in versus mode.
>>
Depends, is my team at all competent, is the other team?
If no to both, just rush in and smash shit up, if your team is competent, then synchronize an attack with them, if the enemies team is actually good, ill stay back and toss rocks until i get low on rage
>>
throw concrete from 100 ft away while getting lit the fuck up like a sensible versus pubby who fed all game but somehow got tank spawn would do.
>>
>>338135763
get stuck and run out of time before gettin close to anyone or get kited to death in open field while circling survivors while rest shoot my ass and throw molotovs.
>>
I'll get votekicked since I only downed two survivors before getting taken down, while the rest of my team watched from afar.
>>
push them off the building literally the best strat in the game
>>
>>338135763
If it's the last map on Crash Air, then hide behind map borders and throw shit at people while maintaining my rage.
>>
>Spawn in bumblefuck
>Finally reach them
>They throw a molotov but I stay out of the fire
>Boomer runs toward them and gets shot before puking
>Team is doing jackshit
>Control switches to someone else
>They run into the fire
>Dies quickly
>Team votekicks me off
>>
>>338135763
WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
>>
die
>>
>>338135763
Switch teams after spawning as tank
>>
>>338136016
Is votekick that much of a problem with L4D? I've only played the game during their release and people were civil back then
>>
>>338136410
Depends, but generally you can get kicked for any petty reason.
>>
>>338136410
Most of the time no, but it can be a problem depending on who you play with. Some people are complete dicks and vote kick for the most stupid shit.

Playing with at least one friend on your team will usually save you from being vote kicked in my experience.
>>
>>338135824
First post best post.
>Catch a team in that first alleyway on No Mercy
>Hurl cars and dumpsters down the alleyway knocking all four down
>>
>>338136410
Perhaps I've been unlucky, but votekicks happened in 75% of the games I played - not always against me of course.
The real problem is that people on the team just votes YES no matter what.
I once played a game with some guys, one of them who started out by saying he was new. The two other guys quickly started votekicking him, since he didn't know every single aspect of the maps - where not to stand, etc. I voted NO every time since the guy wasn't trolling or anything he was just new to the game and did his best. After having played through the first map the two guys voted YES to votekicking me - and the new guy voted YES too...
Okay, perhaps he didn't know what was going on, but the point is that people start votekicks all the time and other people vote YES immediately.
>>
Get yelled at by a bunch of faggots with over 5000+ hours because I don't have savant-level skill in a game that should just be mindless zambie fun with bros
>>
>>338136631
Is it exclusive to the competitive or coop also?
>>
>>338136791
Mostly the vs modes, but also higher difficulty co-op campaigns
>>
On the second to last map of no mercy i push the generator infront of the elevator door so they cannot get out.
Then the spitter does the rest.
>>
This thread covered it, but there truly isn't anything worse than the goddamn competitive l4d2 community.
Like when all the survivors set up a kill zone when you get to be tank, and when your team mates to jack shit, you're left with the choice of either rushing in, getting killed and then kicked, or waiting for an opportunity, then getting kicked.
>>
>>338136883
Now I'm kinda glad I didn't waste my time playing L4D2 alone
>>
>>338136791
I mostly played VS, but I'd expect it's the same in every form of multiplayer.
The game requires every team member to do their part. One guy fucking up can ruin it for the team. That has sadly resulted in people who can't accept any kind of setback - if you get vomited on by a boomer you fucked up and get votekicked, if you get snatched up by a smoker you fucked up, etc.
Of course, if the assholes fuck up then it's because of their team, not them.

It's a great game if you play with good people. But it's often fucking horrible if you're playing with strangers.
>>
Fuck up and get yelled at.
>>
File: based ashur.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
based ashur.gif
2 MB, 300x169
>>338136631
>Start out versus round as infected very well
>Do shit tons of damage against the survivors
>Hear furious French yelling, which sounds like my team mates trying to give me directions or something
>Eventually die shortly after
>They vote kick me despite me doing more damage than the rest of them combined

Every time I've felt compelled to go back to the game, I'm reminded of instances like this.
>>
>>338135824

First answer 100% correct.

Smack cars at them for instant knock down.
>>
Reminder that if you don't knock down all 4 survivors you fucking suck at the game.
>>
Jump off the cliff for maximum butthurt
>>
>>338137135
I still remember my worst experience.
>Playing VS, team isn't doing well in the first map, at the end only I remain
>The other team expresses their sympathy and we all laugh at the rage-quitters, a couple of them cheer as I say I'll fight on alone
>During the second map my team still lose, but, while some people join the team and leaves again, by the end of the map we've got a full team
>In the third map we completely stomp the other team - we're talking taking their survivors down within 4 minutes of playtime. We also do well as survivors.
>Then the other team all leave. Every single fucking one of them. It was fine when they were stomping on my team. They were okay playing against me and three AIs, but as soon as they lost (one out of three maps) they left.

Fuck that community.
>>
File: 1462271632725.jpg (8 KB, 210x251) Image search: [Google]
1462271632725.jpg
8 KB, 210x251
>>338137271
>its a Ak's w/ lasers and mollies episode
I cant play pub's anymore, t2's are just way too powerful and makes the game extremely easy for survivors
>>
File: 1453805889776.gif (510 KB, 700x827) Image search: [Google]
1453805889776.gif
510 KB, 700x827
>>338137271
I've been playing L4D and 2 for more than 2,000 hours and I still don't know how to master the Hunter. I jump like shit, can't pounce correctly, and most of the time I get bashed/rekt in seconds.
>>
File: 1460602239972.gif (3 MB, 413x233) Image search: [Google]
1460602239972.gif
3 MB, 413x233
>>338135763
>>
>>338137921

Get up high and go for the long jump.
Instantly take out 25% of their health and whatever else before his team mates can get you off him.
>>
>Boomer bile
>Boomer bile
>Molotov
>Molotov
>Die

Every fucking time
>>
File: 1435985141984.gif (577 KB, 200x146) Image search: [Google]
1435985141984.gif
577 KB, 200x146
>>338137423
>>
>>338137921
Do you know how to wall pounce, with 2000 you should at-least know basic shit...
>>
Find a car
Punch it into survivors

Boom. If you do the physics right, insta kill, possibly to multiple people.
>>
>>338138224
Thing is, I have trouble bouncing left and right to go on high places, I have no trouble with aiming with rocks as Tank, but still having difficulties as a Hunter.
>>
>>338135763
I get performance anxiety every fucking time. The only thing worse than playing tank for me is playing S&D and being the last player alive. You can feel the eyes of your team mates staring at you.
>>
>>338135824
/thread
>>
>>338135763
>miss a couple rock tosses
>get kited for a minute while stumbling around trying to reach them
>accidentally hit a hunter who just pinned one of them
>do 60 total damage
>leave upon mapchange
>>
>You hit them and they fly through the helicopter into their death on the last level of Mercy Hospital
>>
There is literally nothing better than charging someone out of the window in the first mall map
>>
get votekicked
>>
>>338135763
>play survivor
>zombies act like some kind of zombiesquad, perfectly pinning your team without any time to react to them

>play zombie
>survivors instantly kill you as soon as you leave your spawnarea
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.