[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RUN R1 RUN R1 RUN R1 This is the life of a Katana wielder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (334 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
334 KB, 1920x1080
RUN R1
RUN R1
RUN R1

This is the life of a Katana wielder

Most boring and frustrating fights by far fucking shit
>>
>>338128170
Parry or just roll. Or slap their shits with UGS.
>>
>>338128170
When I was using the Uchigatana I never used that attack. Never found it really effective nor did I understand why other katana users also used that move.
>>
>>338128170
>tolerating katanas in DaS after the NIOH demo
I had to stop using kats, axes, and spears after that. DaS just can't compare.
>>
>>338128170
Estoc + Havel's shield is by far and away the most frustrating PvP build you can fight against in DaS3.

>Poke
>Poke
>Poke
>Block
>Poke
>Poke
>Poke
>Block

Literally repeat at leisure and wait for the other dude to give up since he's so bored.
>>
>>338129641
Luckily I'm only on SL80 pvp so I have never come across havelshield fags

Fuck man what do people gain from dmaking shit matches like this?

I've gone through 3fight clubs and always lose when I get to a run r1 katana user because they always roll all the fuck away from me and the only time they get close is to do the running attack then spam r1 if you try to even retaliate.

I need to get Gud at parrying because that shit makes my blood boil.
The Havels sounds even worse though. Is there currently no way around that?
>>
>>338129257
When I do till we end up doing the same thing over and over. If I chase them they just run and turn around last minute then they go to the other side. Rinse and repeat for about 5 mins and then I get impatient.
>>
>>338129878
DARKDRIFT
>>
>red sign down
>summoned by estoc user for pvp
>separation crystal

>playing PVE
>invaded by estoc user
>unplug internet

>red sign down
>summoned into fight club
>host is estoc user
>gesture, come off as friendly
>backstab host with UGS + Hornet ring

>purple sign down
>summoned into hosts world
>host is estoc user
>gesture, come off as friendly
>kill a few mobs to convince him that I really am friendly
>backstab host with UGS + Hornet ring when I can

I've never felt my blood boil as much as it does when I come across an estoc fag. Even the fucking animation that people's character does when he spam the R1. Pisses me the fuck off instantly. I'll do whatever I can to avoid coming in contact with them, or I'll do whatever I can to fuck them up when they don't expect it.
>>
>>338131403
You might be the biggest beta faggot I have come across in a long time.
Learn how to fucking parry, you limp dick autist.
>>
>>338131403
Estoc isn't annoying to fight against. halberds and the charging lances are.
>>
>>338131548
>just learn how to parry bro lol
>just git gud bro lol
>learn how to parry when an estoc R1 is faster than the parry window for anything other than a small leather shield or caestus

nah I'd rather avoid them
>>
>>338128170

It's one of the easiest attacks in the game to parry.
Katanas use a ton of stamina.

They're no where near as good as you Katana whiners make them out to be.

>>338129257
This summed up everything perfectly.

Roll
Parry
Hyperarmor

ez

You want a real pain in the ass weapon to fight you should have said BKGA, SpinSlash heavy weapons, and Straight Swords.
>>
>>338131403
>disconnecting during an invasion
This gets you soft-banned.

On topic: Estoc isn't even that difficult since you can parry. The annoying shit right now is BK Halberd. You can abuse the 2-hit stagger window by doing R1 + L2 (long combo), dealing 90-100% of your HP in damage and there is nothing you can do about it.

The weapon also has phantom-range out the ass.
>>
>>338131548
>trying to parry in a game with quite possible the worst netcode and server lag in industry history
Or I could just play a better multiplayer game
>>
>>338129641

This was also the best build in DaS2 because LOLNOPOISE.

You can say it had poise, but a 1H Estoc poke broke almost anything and 2 hits did break anything.
Saying that poise working at a level near Dark Souls 1 would break the game is nonsense. It could easily be tweaked to Poise through small weapon classes while larger weapon classes (especially while 2H) could poisebreak through shit.

And backstabs are severely nerfed from 1.
There's even a Ring that shits on BS damage.
>>
>>338131701
I have never ever lost to an Estoc or any rapier user. You might get hit once or twice, then get out of there. Be sure to be slightly out of range when they start spamming R1 and once they are close enough to hit you, parry.
It's that fucking simple dude.
Disconnect and black crystal out of there if you want, but don't be such a salty little bitch that the only way to kill them is to be a cheap little cunt. You fucking crybaby faggot.
>>
>>338131864
Yeah, that's also an option. but if wants to continue he should literally get good, or stop with his bitchy little whining.
>>
>>338131986
>just parry dude
>it's easy dude
>ignore the horrible latency and server lag dude
>phantom hits? I've never come across those dude

nah I'd rather avoid them
>>
>>338131623
>that black knight glaive

What the fuck is this retarded shit. R1 stuns like a heavy attack

Fuck all black knight weapons they are cancer
>>
>>338132130
Then don't whine like a salty little faggot.
You boasting about backstabbing other players not bother you? That only makes you even a bigger bitch.
>>
>>338132114
Fair enough
>>
>>338132332
Not whining. I'm saying that estocs piss me off because they're the easy way out for bad players. Avoiding them and backstabbing them when they aren't expecting it saves me the anger of trying to actually playing against them.

It's all in the name of making the game more enjoyable for me
>>
File: 1463593715220.png (292 KB, 367x670) Image search: [Google]
1463593715220.png
292 KB, 367x670
>>338128170
shitpost
shitpost
shitpost

This is the life of a /v/ user.

Most boring threads by far fucking shit
>>
>>338132729
only a retard would let a dark phantom get within backstab levels so i'm not butthurt about your antics.
if noobs wanna get backstabbed by grapes, let them, thats why theyre in the game.
>>
anyone else having problems with weapons just literally not hitting/doing damage in pvp?

like i'll land very clear shots on people and it won't do anything, yet other players can hurt them just fine

it doesn't always happen, but when it does there's just nothing i can do but die to them
>>
>>338132998
it also only just started happening to me after they brought the 1.06.1 patch back
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.