[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of achievements and trophies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 1000x1000
What does /v/ think of achievements and trophies?
>>
Pointless bullshit.
>>
I think they're neat. Adds a little bit to the games without taking anything away.
>>
>>338121578
This but more games should add 0 point achievements like Ninja Gaiden 2 for fucking up a lot
>>
i don't think

i just feel
>>
Nothing really.
>>
good idea but executed horribly. games should have like five or six achievements for INCREDIBLY difficult tasks. you shouldn't get achievements just for progressing through the main story, that doesn't make any sense at all.
>>
I don't mind them.
Fuck DLC achievements though.
>>
>>338121537
>>338122180

fuck multiplayer achievements/trphies.
>>
>>338121537
Its the same principal of "high scores" aka bragging rights. If you don't like them, you can ignore them, but if you do like them it can give you extra things to do in a game.

>>338122156
While I do agree that achievements should be difficult I do not mind the story progress ones, it just shows how far you got in a game which is nice to just "prove" you beat the game.
>>
They're okay. It really depends on how they're used, but I do generally like how they encourage you to try to do new things, you may not normally do.
>>
>>338121537
Even more pointless than the very game I got it in.
>>
/v/ hates trophies because it proves they dont play games, and they are even awful at the few they do
>>
>>338121537
I think for all """"user reviews"""" the amount of progression trophies unlocked by that player should be mandatory.
>>
They're fucking shitty. They were a way to pad a game and feed completionist, but devs mostly dicked around and made "KILL 100000 ENEMIES" or shitty forced online.

Turning them off was the best thing I ever did. I'd rather play the game than be told how to play the game to get an"Achievement". Not to mention that I'd like to do more with my life than spend 40+ hours forcing myself to do something I hate in a game I'm already bored with.

I was hooked on them once, now I fucking hate them.
>>
They're an extra 100% list you can attempt so I enjoy them. The only bad ones are ones where it's just an absolute and utter grind(Kingdom Hearts Re:CoM), and anything to do with DLC or Multiplayer DLC. The biggest cancer is mulitplayer DLC achievements/trophies though, not only is it already hard to get multiplayer ones but now you have to do it with the handful of people who like the game enough to buy the DLC.
>>
I generally like the trophy system, but not so much the achievements. I like to just look at who plays their games til 100% completion/or are over achievers in their games, hence the platinum trophies. Also gold trophies, shows if someone actually plays through their games rather then buying a shit ton and end up not even playing them

Trophy hunting like a sonygger also gives extra motivation to go back to a game, or maybe playing it twice. Its not something I'm crazy for, but its nice to have
>>
They're fun
Some of them aren't though so I don't bother with those
>>
Absolutely pointless. I remember how you were supposed to get rewards or something if you had a huge gamerscore, but that died pretty quickly.
>>
Not enough time with all these games dropping
>>
>>338125475
>but that died pretty quickly.
Xbox Live Rewards still exists, but the reward is almost complete garbage unless you spend literal hundreds in the Xbox Live Store. You have to basically grind out the points and buy Gold to get 10% of any online purchase back, if you don't pay it's 5%. To get to the point where you'll get that discount would take you months of avid attempting all the challenges that they put towards you and requires you to buy every game brand new within the first week and meet their requirements.
>>
Pointless.

Made for people who actually consider they have achieved something with playing the game more than others.
>>
>>338121537
I don't mind them, but I enjoy them because for trophies you can see the rarity of each one, it's let me get a decent grasp of just how far people get in most games.
>>
Back then I though Microsoft points and achievement points were the same thing. Now thinking about it that would be a clever way to get people to play games longer.
>>
Love them to fucking death. I'm very OCD with them.
>>
I wish they were more subtle and challenging, rewarding the player for starting the game feels like the dev think people can't play without a small popup praising their slightest contribution.
>>
The great thing about video games now isn't beating the games, it's showing everyone online that I did.
>>
I don't like them. They are only there to ensure you buy the next console (no goyim don't buy the PS4 you'll lose all your work hehe better stick with the One you can even get achievements by watching netflix!) and to justify shitty games (you didn't REALLY finish it you have 200 collectibles! oh vey so much content).
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.