[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It really sucks to see the series end with this title. >Shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 15
File: arkham.jpg (17 KB, 279x357) Image search: [Google]
arkham.jpg
17 KB, 279x357
It really sucks to see the series end with this title.
>Shit PC port, probably the last warner bros game to be ported to pc since they've essentialy given up on this and mortal kombat
>Forced Batmobile
>Every boss fight in the game is basically fought with the forced batmobile
>Arkham Knight wasn't really a new character
>Couldn't move past The Joker as the main villain.
>No double takedowns and shit predator encounters.
>>
>>338118987
The only good part was having Kevin Conroy as Batman, as much as I love Mark Hammil they might as well have left the joker alive for the amount of the game that was centered around him.
>>
>>338118987
The PC port is definitely playable assuming you have a 870-980 NVidia card with a good chunk of vram.

It works on my laptop just fine w/ no stuttering

the plot is a mess, unfortunately. Babs should have stayed dead and they should have done more with Jason than just have him whine in a giant tank/drill car. He was somewhat interesting in the beginning when he was still a credible threat.

I think they handled the fear toxin well. Having the fear stuff be subtle like the environments changing and whatnot was pretty good. Scarecrow didn't really do anything interesting though.
>>
>>338120583
too much focus on joker even though he died
>>
File: AK Harley is cute.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
AK Harley is cute.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
Dont care
>>
And its still goty
>>
>>
File: 1459016875543.jpg (76 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1459016875543.jpg
76 KB, 1024x768
>>338122521
jesus
>>
Would anyone want a Arkham Beyond?
>>
File: 1413859904345.jpg (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1413859904345.jpg
15 KB, 400x400
>>338122521
>that skin texture
>>
>>338118987
I liked Asylum and City, didn't try the others. Is it that bad?
>>
It does other things so right, though.
>>
>>338124551
I don't. I liked the cartoon but Beyond villains are shit compared to the standard rogue gallery. And the Beyond suit isn't that much more advanced compared to the technology and abilities Batman has in the Arkham series. Rocket shoes? Who cares?
>>
>>338124551
Definitely, I want to fly to the Batcave in the Bat- wing/mobile.

Able to change suits, vehicle customization, etc. in the Batcave instead of in the menu.

I also don't want the whole story placed in one night. I dunno I thought Spiderman 2 was alright in terms of free roam and story.
>>
>>338118987
Gameplay was an improvement though in almost all regards.
Batmobile driving sections were also fun but the tank ones were shitty, yeah
Plot is basic Batman stuff so I don't see any problems there
The lack of bossfights were the biggest letdown, but overall it's a solid 7/10 which is above average
>>
File: Arkham Knight Catwoman.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Arkham Knight Catwoman.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>
>>338118987
Spent most of the game gliding
Batmobile was fun and felt awesome
Arkham Knight was fine. Nice spin on UTRH
Never felt batmobile forced
Joker isn't the villain. His role in the story is excellent and Hammil's performance is fucking amazing. The dynamic between Batman and his alter ego and the dialogue is incredible

I'll give you the Deathstroke fight was shit and the game LACKED bossfights, and the botched pc version. But this game gets a lot more shit than it deserves. It's a fucking amazing game, and although not as good as the others were in creating a comic batman experience, this is the definitive Bat family experience I had been waiting for so long. Batmobile is fucking amazing, Fighting side by side with Dick while he says "the old team is back" was the hypest moment in fucking ever , visuals are amazing and the game delivers in huge ways.

Only thing I would change would be for the AK reveal to be earlier, so that it feels less dumb and Jason actually has more time to reconsider.

Fuck you haters. I missed on this game for months because I believed your dumb memes fueled by a shit port and nothing but a shit port. Fuck you
>>
File: Ivy.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Ivy.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>338125357
I like the Batmobile and its still forced in stupid parts like the entire existence of Riddler rooms designed for it. How retarded.
>>
>>338118987
>probably the last warner bros game to be ported to pc
Mad Max was ported to pc too, so your statement makes no sense.
>>
>>338125336
>>
>>338125357
>Fuck you haters. I missed on this game for months because I believed your dumb memes fueled by a shit port and nothing but a shit port. Fuck you

no fuck you

releasing a botched game should not be the norm
>>
>>338118987
Every single Batman game has problems and none of them are perfect.

Arkham Knight is still probably the best game overall, even though I probably enjoyed City more.
>>
i bought DLC for this game. it looks really pretty, couldn't help it.
haven't played this shit in forever though.
>>
File: 1449297099438.png (973 KB, 2000x1369) Image search: [Google]
1449297099438.png
973 KB, 2000x1369
>the next batman game is telltale
Fuck life.
>>
>>338118987
>Shit PC port, probably the last warner bros game to be ported to pc since they've essentialy given up on this and mortal kombat

>make a shit port
>no one buys it
>"Fuck you entitled pirates, enjoy having nothing"

Only on PC is anti-consumer behavior like this not only rampant, but the norm. The fault is never on the publisher, it's solely on the consumer! I swear, it seems like on PC, the consumer is supposed to help and protect Steam, where on consoles Sony/MS are supposed to protect their consumers.
>>
>>338125489
No double fuck you because of talking shit about a game gameplay and story because of it's shit version. DS1 has horrible on the PC before dsfix but that didn't make it a bad game

>>338125427
Boo fucking hoo they made 2 little obstacle courses for a side mission that is really more about solving puzzles most of the time and fighting with catwoman. How fucking dare they
>>
>>338125643
I wish they'd make it like the Adam West Batman and have it just be a comedy adventure game.

That'll never ever happen though.
>>
>>338118987
I thought the story was great. Possibly my favorite "death of batman" story in any medium.

Shame the gameplay was repetitive and relied almost solely on the story to keep me playing. Scarecrow was excellent and I fucking loved the entire ending sequence but we really could have benefited from some proper boss fights.

Oh, and on that note, the entire Knightfall ending should have been all in one piece. It was ridiculous to trim off two tiny but ultimately essential epilogues and lock them behind completely pointless sidequest criteria.
>>
File: 1508806-gyakutensaiban381.png (22 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1508806-gyakutensaiban381.png
22 KB, 320x320
The port isn't the biggest issue with the game.

The game itself is kinda bad.
>>
>>338125807
I was so let down by the full ending. It's the same shit only either

A- Batman now uses fear gas
B- Batman has made criminals scared?

when they could've made a way cooler ending by having batman create Batman Inc and operate it from the shadows.
>>
>>338118987
tank game =/= batman game
who would have thought
>>
>>338125772
>Achievement unlocked: Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb
>the entire game takes place on one of those days
>>
>>338125717
Do you have some kind of emotional attatchment to the game? jesus christ, im not personally attacking you. It is ridiculous to think some guy in tattered green clothing spent billions on caves and giant metal contraptions for Batman's car to solve. It doesnt make sense more than putting little trophies around or small metal contraptions that most people wont question. There is also significantly more than 2.
>>
Okay, I haven't played Arkham Knight for the longest time, but I was at like 95% done with the Riddler thing. All I remember was him saying that the puzzles will become "exponentially harder, and I mean it literally" or something. But I can't seem to find any more riddler guys to tell me about where to find them, is this another glitch in the PC version? Or are the riddler men finite in number, meaning if you accidentally kill one he's gone forever?
>>
>>338118987
I actually liked the Batmobile, without it would've just been a prettier City.

The electrified enemies were really fucking annoying though, and the controls gave me a lot more trouble than the previous ones for some reason.

I wish they would've spent more time on AK's redemption as it really just seemed to come out of nowhere at the last moment.
>>
>>338125935
I interpreted it as the Bruce Wayne persona dying finally allowing him to cross personal boundaries he previously couldn't, and resulting in him using more immoral techniques used by the side mission villains to forge a true urban legend.

For example, using scarecrow's fear toxin, completing the man-bat research to splice himself with actual bat biology, possibly using professor pyg's work to make himself immune to pain, etc.
Just my headcanon though, it's probably wildly off center.
>>
>>338126102
So a guy discovering the literal fountain of youth and living for hundreds of years, electrified down syndrome immortal man, giant lizard man, playboy billionaire who dresses like a bat and fights crime, 12 year old kid who goes with bat billionaire and can actually win against dozens of armed trained men,scarecrow man, clinicaly insane kills hundreds of people and gets away with it man,man who transforms into a literal giant bat,plant controlling super lady and etcetera make more sense?
>>
>>338126128

If you you're not seeing anymore Riddler goons, then you've uncovered them all on the map already. Don't forget to check all the interior maps.
>>
>>338126382
I was more concerned if they 'respawn' when 'killed' or if this is another glitch in the PC version. Most of the things I have left is destroying some shields, I forget exactly. I'd have to do trial and error and use a walkthrough to find them all.
>>
Loved Asylum.
When i got City i played like 16 hrs straight, beat it the next day.

This game...i think i have 6 hrs in it? Barely enjoyed much of it besides the graphics. I think the worst part about it is the batmobile. Not because of the gameplay with it, or the amount they force you to use it. It handles great, feels like the batmobile should.

But the problem with it, is i dont feel like exploring on foot in this game. In city, i wanted to explore every nook and cranny in case i was gonna miss a secret, or an easter egg. This game gives you a car that lets you blow by every detail in the city. You also used to have to be careful when exploring on foot. You could run into a gang of thugs and get overwhelmed. Youd have to plan your attack. Now you can just call in the batmobile and wipe them out, literally send them running. I know i COULD just ignore it and play without it. But the game was designed with the batmobile in mind. There ARENT little details and secrets everywhere or well placed patrols of thugs BECAUSE they gave you the batmobile.

One of these days I'll go back to the game and finish it. Maybe it'll grow on me. But right now, im not looking forward to it
>>
Still better than city
>>
>>338118987
Mad Max came after Arkham Knight. Then there's the Lego games. WB isn't done with PC.
>>
>>
>>338118987
Batman games were always shit so who cares
>>
File: 1451446117816.jpg (23 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1451446117816.jpg
23 KB, 500x375
>>338126673
Let's agree to disagree.
>>
>>338127093
Are these updated graphics versions? Cause hell yeah, I'll play city again
>>
>>338118987
>Shit PC port

I thought that was fixed
>>
>>338127306
yeah remakes
>>
>>338127093
I'm only going to play these if the Arkham Knight lighting is part of the update. The way the game looked was one of the few redeeming things about it.
>>
File: double-dragon-neon-wallpaper-3.jpg (510 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
double-dragon-neon-wallpaper-3.jpg
510 KB, 1920x1080
>>338118987
it is just a new batman game
>go from A to B to get C
>while going there, optional sidequest S
>once on B, almost to get C, there is Bplus before getting C
>finally get C, call Alfred, plot twist, there is a D
>go from B to E, to get D
>while going there, optional sidequest R, or also Splus
repeat till 10 or more branches are open, while main history unfolds in total linearity

this time, shove car sequences
car is cool as fuck by the way
tank action is uncalled as fuck
>>
>>338125357
>Batmobile was fun and felt awesome

>"HEY BATMAN, IT'S ME, DEATHSTROKE. FUCK YOU"
>Is this an actual boss battle?
>"IT'S TIME TO FIGHT ME BATMAN!"
>I'm cautiously optimistic.
>"CAN YOU DESTROY MY TANK BATMAN?"
>Oh for fucks sake, it's the same goddamn thing as the Jason fight.
>"NOW IT'S TIME TO FACE ME ONE ON ONE BATMAN! NO TANKS OR FANCY CARS!"
>YES! Thank you! Finally, a fucking fig—OH FOR FUCKS SAKE COME ON WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT FUCK ME IN THE ASS WHY REEEEEEEEEEEE

The Batmobile wasn't fun.
What should have been an easier way around the city, something to use in the occasional racing-style side mission, and possibly a chase sequence or two with one of the main villians had turned into the primary focus of the game.

Remember that one Arkham City game of the year edition edit that was like, "Bam Ham City, Featuring Batman"?
This game was literally that. A Batmobile game, featuring Batman.
>>
>>338127306
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWtxW4pUoy0
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.