[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DUDE EVERY ENCOUNTER IS AN AMBUSH LMAO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 700x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 700x389
DUDE EVERY ENCOUNTER IS AN AMBUSH LMAO
>>
DUDE

NO
>>
>>338115743

DUDE REMEMBER THIS FROM DARK SOULS 1?

DUDE YOU LIKE THIS RIGHT? YOU LIKE REHASHING THE SAME STUFF RIGHT?

DUDE WE DID THIS FOR YOU SINCE YOU HATED 2
>>
Pretty much

Ambushes and mimics: the game
>>
>>338116196
the sheer amount of mimics is the only thing that pissed me off.

Why have the number of mimics outnumber the number of real chests. That makes no sense. Mimics were supposed to be strong hidden enemies that caught you off guard because they were rare.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 656x656) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 656x656
Did y'all know if you use a lloyds talisman on a mimic chest it puts it to sleep and gives you the item
>>
>>338115917
Well, it is a sequel. Continuity and repetition seem to be no-brainers.
>>
>>338117223
>those nips
yeah but the number of mimics and talismans you have to use is pretty hilarious
>>
I only have Demon Souls and Dark Souls, are any of them worth it? Seems like the sequels get a lot of shit
>>
>>338117692
If you have them, play them both in release order (or intermittently). They'll probably keep you busy for a long while.
>>
File: 1462595798627.png (216 KB, 432x413) Image search: [Google]
1462595798627.png
216 KB, 432x413
>>338115743

Thats dark souls 2. The archives can go fuck themselves though. Also, the way to the deep cathedral with the boatload of zombies and hollows. And the way to pontiff, every fucking thing is gang bang. After you kill mini vordt the swamp and the way to the wizard teleporting thing is filled with annoying tree niggers and hollows in every hallway. Wow, never mind the whole game is nothing but stupid-ass gangbang squads
>>
>>338115743
that's actually a game called bloodborne and dark souls 2
>>
>>338120724
DS3 has more ambushes than DS2, though. 2 just had a lot of enemies at the same time
>>
>>338121286
At least in DaS 2 you can fight them without issues because poise in that game actually works.

DaS 3 is just stunlock central.
>>
>>338121470
Poise was nerfed in DS2, too, I still remember people complaining about that. Who would've thought that they would literally remove it from the third game
>>
>>338121286

Thats exactly what I said in my post. I didn't realize how much worse DS3 was in that regard. Anyone else feel 3 is incredibly lack luster? It's fun, but I don't see myself spending a lot of time with it
>>
>>338121470
It's so weird because on one hand I feel like roll invincibility lasts long enough that you could never die, but on the other hand if I come across 2 dogs without an instant 360 from the Lucern/Partizan or whip I might as well put down the controller.
>>
>>338115917
Two did it for the sake doing it.
None of the cameos and references led anywhere and felt empty and shallow.

Three had only a few references and revisited places besides the armor sets and they were actually tied to the story in some way.

Two was hated because the bosses sucked dick due to being mostly humans enemies and rehashs as well as the dual weapons stance shit being dumb as hell.
Also fucking soul memory was retarded.
>>
>>338116990
You do know you can easily determine which chest is a mimic or not right.
>>
>>338121835
dogs literally teleport behind you in DS3, also
>>
>>338117489
You can buy talismans. I don't get what you mean.
>>
>>338121865
>it's okay when miyazaki does it
>>
*cracks knuckles*

Well, looks like I'm going to begin a rant here...

HOW. FUCKING. DARE YOU.

I've been defending the Dark Souls franchise since the day I first started playingf Dark souls 3 ( mah first soulz game), and you know what. Whydo you all fucking hate this g d game so much, i mean it's notfaire. You clainm that the game is fuckkking linear or some shit, but that's not the case at all. YOU CAN GO DIFFERENT PLACES
>>
>>338115917
The Force Awakens of video games.
>>
>>338121941
I have no idea what the fuck they did to dogs in 3. I've hit some and then go flying and suddenly teleport mid-flight behind me, like I hit them all the way around the world.

I don't get how it made it to release with them teleporting in every single encounter.
>>
>>338122050
2:
This boss had this old bosses soul and that soul gives you these old weapons and spells
Why? No fucking reason. That boss didn't even use any of those weapons or spells

This boss's souls gives a weapon a old bosses souls gave you in the previous games.
Why? Because that boss is directly related to that boss in a obvious and well explained way.

See the difference. One is pointless fan service and one served a purpose.
>>
>>338121865
The bosses weren't great but I don't think it's because so many of them were human. I think DS3 actually has way more plain human bosses than 2 but of course they're going to be better because it's 2 games later where they had more experience. Especially after bloodborn which had so many bosses they had to shove a ton of them into Chalice dungeons that almost no one will ever experience.
>>
>>338122050
he lirerally gave legit reasons why ds2 suck dick.
>>
>>338122895
>ds3 has many humanoid bosses but plain is not a problem.
>>
>>338123131
>References felt empty and shallow
>I don't like humanoid bosses
>Dual stance is dumb

The only 'legit' and not straight up subjective reason is soul memory
>>
I hate thralls. Why are they fucking everywhere. Lothric deserved what happened to it because it employed these shits.
>>
>>338122295
Why did this make me laugh sp fucking hard?!
>>
>>338123273
I just mean plain in that they're almost all just guys. Even Vort is just crawling-guy and Dancer is just slinking-guy.
DS2 had more weird monsters and stuff going on.
>>
>>338123458
Because our senses of humor align to a certain extent. I am fairly drunk right now and on a shit posting rampage.
>>
>>338122295
this.
>>
So why does the crazed dragon what'shisface have the pose of cradling a baby in one hand and the sounds of a baby in his arena when the baby was pretty much cut out?
>>
>>338123361
Every boss was beaten by circle strafing because they were human.
Dual stance was outright beaten by any other build and required a stupid about stat allocation to make it work.
The references were there for the sake of fan service and and had no ties to what you were doing and who your enemies were.

forgot to add that the Map didn't make a lick of fucking sense. Taking a elevator up at the highest point on the map takes you to some mountain peaks that were somehow higher than the place you were at. Yet was show to be the highest point in the map due to several establish shots.

Areas looping in on each other yet don't actually connect. Shit was messed the fuck up.

Soul Memory. Enough said.
>>
>>338121681
And the best part is that they have a brand new mechanic but called it poise in DaSIII
>>
>>338123924
There's never been a Souls boss that you can't beat by circle strafing that wasn't a dumb gimmick like Dragon God or Storm Ruler. The only thing that changed since BB is that now all the human bosses are super weak to getting parried.
>>
>>338124157
Lock on. Hold left. Attack. Repeat. Every boss in DS2 besided the 1 to 3 non-human bosses.
The other games required rolling at least.
>>
DUDE WE WANTED TO MAKE BLOODBORNE 2 INSTEAD SO FUCK YOU GAMEPLAY IS 6 TIMES FASTER AND WE DIDN'T BALANCE SHIT SO ONLY BROADSWORDS ARE VIABLE LOL AHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

btw poise is set to 0 AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>338122814
They do give reasons to why DaS2 bosses have souls of the old great ones, it's not well-explained but it's there.
>>
>>338124302
Not DS1 with its retarded armor/poise turning every fight into a DPS race.
>>
>>338124316
I agree with you, i Do. This game literally felt like bloodborne with difeerent textureal enemies.

KLe fuck maaaah life
>>
So glad this is better than 2 and sotfs
>>
>>338126428
Thats setting the bar pretty low but yeah same
>>
>>338126428
It isn't, they both pretty mediocre for different reasons
DS3 tries nothing new, takes no risks, reuses too much shit and just tries to create areas/enemies and gimmick bosses from DS1 and DeS, but fails at it
>>
>>338126428
>>338126428
i am so fucking tired of people shitting on ds2.

why, please enlightenm me as to why you hate that game issss a fun game you litel cuck bih
>>
>>338126428
except it actually isn't. they're both pretty average compared to the first game. i'd give 3 a slight edge over 2
>>
>>338126428
>DS2 apologists jumping for a bait this cheap
>>
File: gankspank.webm (3 MB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
gankspank.webm
3 MB, 480x320
>>338115743
>every invasion is a gank squad
>every invasion the host is less than human trash.
>>
>>338127657
>mfw host has two phantoms
>i kill them
>he runs to the bonfire right away to summon more phantoms
>kill them again
>literally summon at least 10 more phantoms
I'm surprised he didn't kill himself, how do these people even play thourgh these games
>>
>>338127839
same fucking thing happened when i was invading high wall. I killed six phantoms, both of them three times and they were all the same phantom. I didn't have a weapon to catch the faggot host so he kept summoning. Every time i used the collapse gesture he would sprint at me and try to get me, then continue rolling/summon spam when i would fight.
>>
every encounter is either an ambush or a billion archers waiting for you to engage the enemy standing in plain siight as bait. It's so repetitive and predictable that it's not fun anymore.
inb4 git gud
>>
File: 1463546805008.png (632 KB, 759x716) Image search: [Google]
1463546805008.png
632 KB, 759x716
>fighting every enemy you see
>not sprinting to every boss door avoiding all enemies
>>
>>338127657
>every invasion is a gank squad
You got that right. I step foot into post-Pontiff and every Aldrich faggot, and 1-2 of their best pals, comes out of the woodworks. WoB doesn't do shit. It's fucking worthless.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.