[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy FUCK this series is awful. What's the appeal of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: S.T.A.L.K.E.R_series_logo.jpg (23 KB, 300x382) Image search: [Google]
S.T.A.L.K.E.R_series_logo.jpg
23 KB, 300x382
Holy FUCK this series is awful. What's the appeal of the Stalker trilogy? The fanboys are literally a bunch of "cheeki breeki" meme spouting autists
>>
I gotta admit it but I couldn't enjoy that game either.
Exploring the underground labs and factories was cool because 2spooky things happen, but everything else was just bad.
>>
There is none aside from the bleak atmosphere and the halfway decent gunplay
>>
Need to play on hardest difficulty for optimum stalking.
>>
A нy, чики-бpики и в дaмки
>>
Get out of here ctepken
>>
>>338111883
I liked exploring a bunch of post-apoc grimslav shit with some spooky thrown in. Maybe that's not for you.
>>
>>338111883
It was a bit before your time, OP. Stick to Fallout 4.
>>
exploration
atmosphere
gunplay

that's most of it
>>
how is it awful? even its bugs are fun
>>
>>338111883
"Wah wah wah! This isn't Skyrim with guns! What do you mean bullets don't fly 50000 feet and hit my target every single time? What do you mean I actually have to think in this game? This is gay, where's the romance options?"

That's all I'm hearing out of you, faggot.
>>
>>338113491
Cбoкy зaхoди!
>>
Found the meme thread of the day!!
>>
It's the muh gritty dark shooter man.... genre
>>
oh look its another thread from somebody who died at the first band it house.
>>
>>338111883
Because caw of dootie was probably your first FPS. The series value is in its atmosphere and being able to fully immerse yourself. The game's difficulty turns it into a matter survival as scores of enemies can easily take you out before you know what's happened. And using mods also enhance the game by 10x.
>>
>>338111883

To appreciate STALKER, you need to only play the first game. It is hilariously non-linear, to the point where it is one of the few FPS games out there where you can play through the whole game without hurting anything or anyone, or you can decide to kill just about everyone besides five characters. The second is shit and the third is hit and miss.
>>
>>338111883

I used to love the Stalker games but I tried to go back and replay them recently and I couldn't stand it.

They really are just novelty games, the gameplay is awful. Replaying it felt like replaying Amnesia. I'm sitting there thinking "I've seen all this before. It's not fun to do again. I'm wasting my time."
>>
Good gunplay outside of the starting pistols, fantastic feeling of progress as you learn the game and get better gear, good AI which makes for really nice emergent gameplay, top-tier grim atmosphere and interesting setting, genuinely spooky at times, a shit ton of replayability, mods.
>>
File: 1441454989810.jpg (19 KB, 367x376) Image search: [Google]
1441454989810.jpg
19 KB, 367x376
>>338111883
memes.
>>
>>338111883
It's what fallout 4 wishes to be but fails
>>
>>338116863
Bullshit, the gameplay's the best part, especially if you avoid quicksaving so dying actually means something. The A-life and dynamic enemy AI make sure that your playthroughs will always play out differently, especially the gun fights which are always unpredictable. Also once you actually learn that staying behind one small piece of cover like a bitch isn't the best tactic for gun fights, the amount of fun you'll have skyrockets. Not to mention all the great gear you can get early on if you know what you're doing.
>>
I can see why people don't like it. The gunplay isn't all that grand in its vanilla state, visual feedback lacks oomph, mutants are bullet sponges, missions are mostly some variation of fetch quests or clear x area of enemies and the story isnt well developed, but the game does singleplayer emergent gameplay like no other. Not to mention the atmosphere, the world, and characters which I personally adore.

If liking STALKER is wrong then I don't want to be right.
>>
I hear that the games are not very good without a bunch of mods.
>>
File: 1378955667223.jpg (46 KB, 320x486) Image search: [Google]
1378955667223.jpg
46 KB, 320x486
>faggots hate stalker now
/v/ is truly dead
Just fuck my shit up wish granter
>>
>>338116303
I dont normally say such silly things but I genuinely think you might be on the autism spectrum somewhere.
>>
>>338117950
Where did you hear that shit? Mods offer a lot of additional fun but the games are good on their own. It's not like there are any straight upgrade mods either besides simple stuff like Absolute Nature.
>>
>>338117724
Saves only allowed at trader is bretty fun.
>>
>>338111883
>quit liking what I don't like
Op confirmed for aspergers
>>
File: stormtrooperdying.jpg (129 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
stormtrooperdying.jpg
129 KB, 1920x1080
I just started playing this games yesterday. I only played around 10 minutes of it vanilla. used the ZRP mod and the ones in the starter pack I found. Any suggestions? The fucking carrying capacity is annoying since ammunition actually has weight, but I sort of realized that guns were tools and suddently I was и я cтaлкep
>>
>>338118473
Yeah, especially for CoP because of the map design
>>
File: stalker vodka.jpg (158 KB, 504x720) Image search: [Google]
stalker vodka.jpg
158 KB, 504x720
>>338111883
>>
File: uguu-1.jpg (28 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
uguu-1.jpg
28 KB, 704x400
>>338111883
Go back and put the difficulty on master and turn off the crosshair for maximum fun. If you played clear sky then I feel sorry for you. Shadow and Pripyat are the better two out of three. Shadow has the most mods I believe, and Pripyat has artifact hunting. The engine is pretty wonky but that's about it.
tfw no stalker 2, and can only look forward to escape from takrov
>>
>>338117950
That is totally wrong. The mods can be great, but vanilla stalker was really good. Most suggest to beat it once vanilla and then add mods.
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
>>338117950
you have been misinformed.

Pic very related; the good ol' STALKER Starting Guide.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.