[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 2 has 31 bosses. Dark Souls 3 has 19 bosses. You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 16
File: 2420857-2571372632-Dark-.jpg (148 KB, 694x362) Image search: [Google]
2420857-2571372632-Dark-.jpg
148 KB, 694x362
Dark Souls 2 has 31 bosses.

Dark Souls 3 has 19 bosses.

You owe Dark Souls 2 an apology.
>>
>>338110903
sorry DSII I was blinded by cool me-mes from /v/
>>
>>338110903
quality over quantity
>>
>it's a "quantity > quality" DS2 thread
>>
>>338110903
And virtually all of DaS2's bosses were indistinguishable from one another.
>>
>>338110903
>Inlcuding the DLC bosses
>>
>>338110903
>quality = quantity

i only remember last sinner, flexile sentry, last giant, and the sentinels

f u c k o f f
>>
>>338111089
No. With DLC, DS2 has 40 bosses.
>>
>pursuer
dude in armor
>dragonrider
dude in armor
>not ornstein
dude in armor
>ruin sentinels
THREE dudes in armor
>lost sinner
dude (female) in slightly less armor
>smelter demon
dude in armor
>dragonriders
TWO dudes in armor
>velstadt
dude in armor
>vendrick
dude without armor
>defender and watcher
TWO dudes in armor
>gank squad
literally three npc invader dudes in armor
>fume knight
dude in armor
>alonne
dude in armor
>ivory memelord
dude
in
armor
>>
>longer = better
>>
Are (YOU) counting the reapeats?

>implying I own current gen garbage

I just finished my no death/bonfire, feel pretty satisfied with the game
>>
>>338111278
You can't prove any of this.
>>
>>338111278
whoops forgot looking glass knight who is a dude in armor who summons more dudes in armor
admittedly it is interesting when the dudes he summons are actual people but that's not future proofing your game very well since it will inevitably be the same old npc dude in armor again
>>
File: BEAR SEEK SEEK LEST.jpg (250 KB, 869x943) Image search: [Google]
BEAR SEEK SEEK LEST.jpg
250 KB, 869x943
>>338111438
watch me
I really do like das2, but the pve is literally bad
>>
>>338111278
Now apply that logic to DS3 bosses and get back to me.
>>
>>338110903
FUCK you
>>
>>338111613
two games doing the same bad thing doesn't make one slightly less bad
>>
>>338111667
Settle down there skipper, them fighting words. Why don't you go get a glass of warm milk and come back when you've calmed down a bit, alright?
>>
>>338111740
But one can be slightly better.
>>
>>338111740
>Literally saying "it's okay when Miyazaki does it"
>>
>>338111278

>DaS babby at it again

It has been debunked over and over that DaS2 somehow has more "humanoid with weapon" bosses than DaS. Percentile wise, they're about the same. Iirc, DaS even had more.

DaS2 just has more bosses overall
>>
>>338110903
Dark Souls 1 without DLC has 22
>>
File: mask.jpg (24 KB, 514x720) Image search: [Google]
mask.jpg
24 KB, 514x720
still miss those masks from the first few trailers
>>
quality>quantity

if dark souls 2 had half the bosses and half the areas, it would be probably be the best game in the series, just look at the dlc.

But unfortunately the developers were far too ambitious.
>>
Royal Rat Vanguard, Congregation, and Covetous Demon shouldn't even be considered bosses.
>>
>>338112172
did you make up some bloodborne bosses?
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 960x960
>>338112172
>Micolash
>shit tier
K-E-K
>>
>>338112172
why is Rom in shit tier?
>>
>>338112134
I'm still salty about it
>>
>>338112743
Did you play the chalice dungeons?
>>
>>338111963
capra, priscilla, gwyndolin, O&S, gwyn, golem, artorias
out of 26, 27% are dudes in armor

and the ones I listed for 2, plus nashandra, looking glass, and cool ranch smelter
out of 41, 43% are dudes in armor

refer to >>338111567
I like 2, but the pve is the worst in the series
>>
>>338111278
I don't see what's so bad about dudes in armor.
>>
>>338112172
>Deacons not shit tier
>>
>>338110903
I can't even remember most of dark souls 2 bosses.

The garbage guy was just a leech monger clone
There was lmao2dragonrider
There was lmao3sentinel
There was lmao6gargoyle
Several bosses that were literally juts common mobs sharing a health bar
Shitty sif ripoff with rats

Pursuer was cool. Freja was cool. And smouldering sphincter was cool
>>
>>338112993
nothing, really. good dude in armor fights, artorias, gwyn, ivory king, O&S are fine. das2 just has too many which are shit
>>
>>338112172
>4 Kings above meh tier

This is a meh tier list.
>>
>>338112172
I wouldn't even consider ancient wyvern to be a bad boss fight. It's the obligatory "puzzle" boss fight like Bed of Chaos and Dragon God, but it's actually decent IMO.

The other 2 were just bullshit. At least with Wyvern they did it correctly and set it up as being an environmental stage hazard while proceeding through a segment of the level as per usual.
>>
With DS2, I'm rolling with the "it's a good game but a bad 'souls' game" party. They made both good and bad changes but somehow the feel of the game just didn't sit right.
>>
>>338113121
Don't forget lmao2smelter.
>>
>>338111278
21 out of 41 bosses in DS2 are 'dude in armor/dudes in armor'
12 out of 19 in DS3
DS2 is better than 3, 1 is better than 2, and DeS is equal to 1.
>>
>>338113392
When did you fight 2 smelter demons?
>>
>>338112776
Micolash is a horrific, shit boss though.

The running phase grows tedious and dull, and is very simple to solve in an uncreative way.

The combat phase is very simple, but also very tedious and reliant on mechanics that would be called out instantly in any other encounter. The overuse of magic that does extremely high amounts of health damage, for newer players especially, dodging something like a call beyond isn't going to be immediately apparent, although the left/right forward tactic is fairly simple to use, micolash is prone to overusing the attack. Augur of ebrietas especially has a very quick telegraph that makes it tedious to work around.

In addition, the adds in this fight do unreasonably large amounts of damage in the mythical event that they actually hit you.

>>338112846
Because the boss is garbage.

It relies on mob boss mechanics without actually utilising this an interesting way, the mobs add nothing to the main boss, and are simply there to be huge, unreasonably large and mobile mines.

Why does every spider have to be such a large damage attacker? Why don't the spiders actually work together/with the boss? Where is the justification for them being there?

Rom herself is both lacking in interesting game design, and engaging design, she is both incredibly simple, easy and all at the same time tedious by herself, and by the spiders.

To start, she will just about spam the icicle meteor attacks when you are not close, all of which do unreasonably large amounts of damage, and are annoying to work with when trying to kill off a few of the spiders, her two aoe attacks are similarly, incredibly high damaging should you ever get hit by one, but that's more justifiable.

Should you get in melee distance after phase 2, there's a high chance she will activate a melee attack, which is effectively "go away for a couple of seconds while I spasm because if you are near me, you will take huge damage"

Rom is the pinnacle of bad game design.
>>
>>338113484
Oh, I remembered incorrectly. You don't fight two smelter demons at once, you just fight one in iron keep and one in iron king dlc.
>>
>fighting so many Pursuers in SOTFS, that I can perfect the boss fight

Iframes in DSII aren't so bad when you figure out the timing and invest in ADP.
>>
>>338112172
>Sinh
>Burnt ivory king
>God tier
kek
>>
>>338113348
I put it in shit tier, because unlike the other bosses in dark souls 3's main game, ancient wyvern does nothing to differentiate itself from the other wyvern miniboss in archdragon peak, it is both unjustified as an important central figure boss in terms of the atmosphere, purposeful presence in the world, and in terms of mechanics during the fight.

I can understand why they put it there, archdragon peak would have felt slightly less well paced if it wasn't there, and the overall boss count would have seemed less significant.

But it's very clearly the result of rushed development.

At least they didn't make it an actual fight though, it doesn't suffer other shit bosses faults of being both shit and frustrating.
>>
woking on a griffith build
>>
>>338113825
you need a reference picture
>>
>>338113523
>Micolash
>hard

I suck shit at Souls games and Micolash was the easiest thing in the world. Augur is incredibly easy to dodge and in the last phase you can just bum rush him.
>>
>>338113587
Ah, I never even played the DLC. I bought SotFS on steam sale last christmas and decided I'd give DaS2 another chance (hadn't played it since PC release in 2014).

Was instantly turned off by the fact that it doesn't carry over your saves, so I had to play through the entire game again just to try out the DLC. Fine, whatever. I start a new character and decide I'm going to hunker down and play it through.

...and I remembered when I dislike the game so much. Awful imprecise slippery controls and janky floaty physics. Agility stat. Gank mods. Boring flat level design. Beat lost sinner and didn't touch it again. Fuck going through this game to get to the DLC.
>>
>>338113790
>Claims to have perfected the Pursuer boss fight
>Rolling

You can fight that fag without getting damaged at all by locking on and strafing right.
>>
>>338113348
Wyvern and deacons are a blast to co-op. It's not about helpimg but about racing the host.
>>
>>338113897
I never said he was hard.

I explained however, why he was poorly designed.
>>
>>338112172
>Congregation
>Shit tier

I thought they were kind of cool.
I mean, in terms of boss quality, they were kind of meh, but they give off this really cool Eldritch/Call of Cthulhu vibe.
I thought it was pretty neat.
>>
>>338112172
>tfw I was hyped to fight nito and he was a huge fucking pushover

the only way that fight can be hard is if you agro all the skeletons
>>
>>338113997
He's good for practicing iframe rolling.
>>
>>338111278

>Gundyr
Dude in Armor

>Vordt
Dude in armor, but it's more quadruped, so I'll let this nigga go

>Abyss watchers
Dudes in Armor, albeit it's more like an npc

>Pontiff
Dude in no armor, he's also boss as fuck, I'll let him go

>Yhrom
Dude in armor

>Dragonrider
Dude in armor

>Nameless King
Is a dude, he's not wearing armor exactly, but he's riding a dragon and then the battle is more reminiscent of Gwyn's, so he gets a pass too.
>>
>>338112172

All of the easy bosses in Dark Souls 3 are the only unique and fun ones.
>>
>>338113990
Well if you ever decide to give it another chance, you should know that softs isn't the same game as das2, there are new enemy and item locations. It's the weakest link in the souls lineup but you should at least do one complete playthrough.
>>
>>338114204
>aggro skellies
>use divine weapon

Come on, at least try to roleplay the paladin.
>>
>>338110903
I had to fight Smelter Demon twice.

Fuck Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>338112172
>Asylum demon
>Not great tier
I know it was reused twice but the fact that it was the very first time you were given a taste of what the game had to offer puts it in at least great tier
>>
>>338114492
I had to fight the Asylum Demon three times.

Fuck Dark Souls.
>>
>>338114589
I had to take the train home with the smelter demon sitting opposite me.

It was awkward.
>>
>>338114367
Yeah, I noticed the new enemy placement. Wish they spent more time tweaking the physics/controls or fixing bullshit like agility/soul memory rather than just rearranging enemy locations and throwing even more random ganks everywhere.

I hear the DLC areas are bretty gud and not mediocre like the base game, but that basically amounts to a "it gets really good 20 hours in!" sort of situation. Not very appealing.
>>
>>338114520
Reusing is the one thing DaS3 got right about bosses, copy the second phase but without and identical moveset for regular enemies, then make the renatch vastly different.
No other gane did that properly, Laurence would be as bad as blue Smelter if not for his second phase.
>>
at least 2 actually has a new game plus
>>
File: 1461965647180.png (179 KB, 752x668) Image search: [Google]
1461965647180.png
179 KB, 752x668
>>338114284
You're wrong on the dragonrider. No dude, just armor.
>>
>>338114835
DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>338114589
I'd take all three of those fights over one Smelter Demon fight.
>>
>>338114379
too much work
>>
File: 6901.gif (835 KB, 280x189) Image search: [Google]
6901.gif
835 KB, 280x189
>>338114835
>think the dude is actually called Armour
>mfw I read the lore and find out it's actually living armor, but spelled armour for some reason
>>
>>338114983
Smelter Demon was pretty good by DaS2 standards. It's a shame though because the one real thing that hinders the fight is the fact that DaS2 has such shitty shockwave hitboxes, borked i-frame agility bullshit, and wonky controls.

Had they taken smelter demon and transposed it into DaS1 or 3, it would've been fantastic.
>>
>>338110981
This.
>>
>>338112172
this is pretty good. though i'd personally place abhorrent and fume knight in god tier, while moving sinh and ebrietas down one.

still surprises me that ds3 has some of the highest quality base game bosses, cant wait for the dlc and what it brings to the table.
>>
>>338115193
Because it is armour. Why would they use a weird word like 'armor'?
>>
>>338114983
They were practically the exact same fight. Circle to their ass and hit them and watch out for AoE attacks and jumping attacks. The only difference is smelter had a DoT.
>>
>>338113801
Ivory King is shit ("fight lots of enemies in a big open area and then fight another Raime/Alonne clone, fun!") but Sinh is legitimately the most fun I've had fighting a dragon in a video game
>>
>>338114834
DaS2 actually does get a lot of stuff right. It was cool having NG+ actually change things up. And I also liked the power stance options and how movesets in left vs right hand were identical. Shame they threw out the few good things along with all the shit.

As it stands, DaS3 is going to be the least replayable game in the series due to the fact that it's almost completely linear in its progression without any real choices in which areas to tackle first, and also doesn't have any real reason to bother with NG+.
>>
>>338114520
It was literally just Vanguard dude. No one who played DeS was impressed by him.
>>
>>338110903
Yup, 31 wonderfully designed bosses, featuring:
>A literal bunch of random mobs thrown in a church
>A literal bunch of rats
>a zelda boss
>dragonrider
>dragonrider x2, just because
>a dragon that becomes a regular enemy in the area immediately after it
>a "dragon" with a literal braindead AI
>quelaag ripoff
>a medusa
>an american
>the gargoyles, again
>ornstein, again
>two hilarious final bosses
Let's play count /v/. Can we count all the good/decent Dark Souls II vanilla bosses?
>flexile
>sinner
>ruin sentinels
>skeleton lords (disputable)
>chariot
>smelter
>freja (disputable)
>looking glass
>veldstat
>throne watcher/defender
>darklurker
That's 11. 11 good bosses. 6 or 7 more (if ranch counts) if you count DLC.
Meanwhile, in DaS3
>vordt (disputable)
>greatwood (disputable)
>abyss watches
>Old demon king
>pontiff
>aldirch
>yhorm if he wasn't a dumb gimmick fight, but oh well
>dancer
>consumed king
>champion
>nameless
>dragonslayer armor
>super cripple bros
>soul of cinder (disputable)
That's a maximum of 14 good bosses. So a bit more than II, without the fluff, and without shitty levels.
Sorry DaSII, you don't deserve all the hate you get, bamco shouldn't have fucked you over like that, and you've got the 2nd best dlc content in the soulsborne series, but I'm not apologizing for shit.
>>
>>338115487
Also interesting NPC invader AI. I laughed like an idiot when mauldron backstabbed me and that other knight used chamelon and then backstabbed me.
>>
>>338115798
>skeleton lords
>chariot
>>
>>338115798
You realize you can do what you just did to all the games and make them sound just a shitty, right?
>>
>>338110903

29 shit bosses compared to 6 shit bosses
>>
>>338115798
>not enjoying a medusa boss
I was fucking thrilled.
It was a monster we hadn't seen From do yet.
>>
>>338115929
skeleton lords is disputable, so while I liked him I can understand why others wouldn't.
Chariot is just a properly done gimmick fight.
>>338115984
Are you actually trying to defend the boss that is literally a bunch of rats? I'm being generous at the top of the post there. I should be calling out pursuer for having literally 3 moves and last giant for being one of the lamest first bosses, but I at least those actually feel like bosses.
>>338116204
I would have if the fight wasn't completely trivial, and outside of her throwing her head at you she doesn't do anything special with her theme. Should have ripped the pointless body-eating gimmick from covetous and put it in her boss room instead.
>>
>>338116359
>Are you actually trying to defend the boss that is literally a bunch of rats?
No, the two rat bosses were shit. I agree about that.
And honestly, OP was probably just b8ing.
I just don't see where all the hate for the game comes from.
>>
>DaS2 bosses are bad because they're dudes in armor

Nah. DaS2 bosses are bad because they have bland movesets, boring or basically nonfunctional mechanics and the occasional lazy horde of minions.

Most of the bosses from DaS3 are dudes in armor and they're all fucking fantastic. In fact the bad bosses from 3 are the none dudes in armor like Ancient Wyvern and Wolnir.
>>
>>338116517
whoah whoah whoah whoah whoah
I understand how you wouldn't like vanguard, but authority was a legitly fun fight
>>
>>338116795
Authority is just Sif recycling with adds.
>>
>>338111278
>dudes in armor are bad

never understood this.
>>
>>338116517
Well, probably because there was a lot of garbage content that would have been better off cut, peoples were promised things and were then promptly lied to, and it became clear after a while that bamco once again fucked up the game for FROM just like they did with the second half of DaSI.
I still enjoyed DaSII, it makes obvious improvements on 1 and I wish III took more notes from it (why is poison and durability fucking pointless again, and why is npc invader ai so shit now) but overall the game just released as a total mess. Which is unfortunate, as FROM seems more keen on just doing what the autistic fanbase wants and ignored pretty much everything good about II, and just left it in the dust. The DLC proves that B-team has some level of competency when not being fucked around with, but that's just the fucking way she goes boys.
>>338116787
This. Some of the best fights in II are just dudes in armor. I never understood why this complaint comes up so much.
>>
>>338116795
it's literally (not figuratively) just sif, it even limps at the end
>>338116889
refer to >>338113203
>>
>>338116889
It's not necessarily a bad thing, but in DaS1, dudes in armor were made trivial by any weapon that did striking damage. So if you used one of those weapons, every boss was a complete joke.
>>
>>338116795
>authority was a legitly fun fight

Authority is actually one of the worst fights in the game.

If he didn't have a posse of toxic rats that you have 2 seconds to kill before he engages he'd be a sleeper boss on par with congregation or covetous.
>>
>>338113203
>good dude in armor fights
>gwyn
no
>>
>>338117016
DaS2*
>>
>>338117053
hey I had fun my first time when I didn't know you could parry him
>>
>>338115798
>nameless king
only if you count the second half.
>>
>>338112172

The bloodborne column is all kinds of fucked, but otherwise this is the truth.
>>
>>338113587
i wish there was a 2 SD fight, or SD+pursuer or something. i liked those fights and going maximum lazy reuse may as well wind up with something interesting
>>
>>338117191
Even without parrying, they still fucked up on that boss. All you do is backpedal and wait since he has no good gap closers and no good sweeps/ranged so he can't punish that shit.
>>338117347
First half is fine to, calm down. That first part takes like 40 seconds and is easy as shit unless you lock on for some reason. Which is as it should be, unless they wanted to make it like BoC and have the stormdrake have more health and damage but just stay dead.
>>
>>338110981
DaS3 bosses are boring tho
>>
>>338116986
>refer to irrelevant shit

if the problem was the fact that they were just shit bosses then why even bring up the dudes in armor? its people who can't actually voice their grievances with the game so they latch onto something that is easily regurgitated.
>>
>>338117486
Should have been in SotFS that the Pursuer had a chance of coming into any boss fight at random with a higher percentage dependent on the number of summons you used
>>
File: angery.jpg (10 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
angery.jpg
10 KB, 400x400
>>338112172
This list is fucking awful
>Nameless King being god tier
>Centipede Demon not being elder shit tier
>Wet Nurse being anything under god tier
>>
>>338117972
Make it so that pursuer is already in dark magic mode when he arrives and that he can also accidentally damage the main boss, and that sounds alright.
>>
>>338118115
>Pursuer appears for prowling magus
>Kills the whole room without ever hitting you once
>>
>>338118250
With how long it takes to beat prowling magus I doubt he would even get a chance to enter the room.
>>
>>338110903
And a whopping four of of Dark Souls 2 bosses are actually good and the rest are complete shit.
>>
>>338110903
About half as much effort went into DaS2 bosses that went into DaS3 bosses.

I'm ok with this,
>>
I want a guy in armor NPC fight.
I mean, you run into so many friendly people and only in Demon Souls did any of the NPCs you meet talk to you and then fight you immediately.
>>
>>338110903
How the fuck do you guys even measure how good a boss is? I liked pretty much all except the cheap multis.
>>
>>338118452
What is
>Pursuer
>Looking Glass Knight
>Flexile Sentry
>Ruin Sentinels
>Smelter Demon
>Velstadt
>Darklurker
>Fume Knight
>Ivory King
>Alonne
>>
>>338118006
The fact that you think wet nurse is even remotely near the quality level of nameless king is honestly somewhat laughable.
>>
>>338118776
Someone already said Pursuer only has three attacks and I agree with them, that's shit.
Especially when his design has him packing multiple types of weapons.
He should've had a boss fight near end game where he actually had a full move set.
And nobody likes Smelter Demon.
>>
>>338118776

>Decent
>Boring if he doesn't summon another player
>Shit
>Shit
>Good
>Mediocre
>Good
>Good
>Great presentation but mediocre fight if it were in a void
>Good
>>
>>338112172
Maiden Astraea/ Garl is a shit boss fight and you know it. Fuck your atmosphere feelings bullshit.
Poke Garl while he smacks the ceiling. Wow, what a fight! Guess I'm gonna cry about killing some video game character now, like a well adjusted adult would.
>>
>>338119375
Well adjusted adults cry over movies and books all the time though.
>>
>>338119375
>shitting on atmosphere
>lol atleast i'm an adult
Sure you are.
>>
>>338118879
not him but wet nurse is at the very least great tier
too easy because it has no attack to counter just going behind her back, but otherwise the whole setup, design, moveset, and special phase were sweet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uKdU19drsw
>>
when i think of "a dude in armor" i think of Fume. basically a black knight dual wielding, from the ground, isn't doing crazy shit like jumping 50 feet in the air at you, but it's still challenging.
>>
File: 1460788214977.jpg (370 KB, 862x806) Image search: [Google]
1460788214977.jpg
370 KB, 862x806
Help me out DS2 defense force.

I beat Dark Souls 2 twice and thought it was complete AIDS. I'm willing to give it another shot after playing DS3 to see how it holds up.

I've heard people praise the DLC. Does it redeem the main game? What are some weapons I'll actually enjoy using? Anything with a fun moveset, it doesn't have to be good.

Thanks lads!
>>
>>338118879
Wet Nurse is literally a better version of the Pontiff Sulyvahn fight
>>
>>338121245
DLC has some absolute shit spots, but it's by far the best content the game has to offer.
Personally, I recommend lost sinners GS. That was the last thing I used on my very last run of the game.
>>
>>338121245
Honestly if you thought DaS2 was utter shit I doubt the DLC will change your mind.

For me though the DLC was like a good version of DaS level design with some pretty unique shit. It also has some of the best classic bosses in the series like Raime and Alonne (I'd barely count the DS3 bosses as classic and more like BB style[/spoiler].
>>
>>338121245
>Does it redeem the main game?

Yes, all of the areas are big, interconnected and consistent. They feel like you're exploring proper places in the world. The first two also use a lot of verticality, there are some interesting puzzle elements throughout which are used both in and out of combat. Ivory King has a very interesting gimmick along with some very good use of shortcuts to make backtracking more engaging. The bosses have build up to them and don't just come out of nowhere, so the fights feel memorable and meaningful. Each of the DLCs has a really god awful oprional area/boss though. They were meant for co-op and suck ass if you decide to do them solo. They suck ass if you do them co-op too but they're easy so it's not much of an issue. Another issue is the lack of enemy variety. All the areas reuse the same basic enemy and just reskin them, so how much you enjoy the combat in them depends on how much you enjoy fighting that enemy.
>>
>>338121245
Why is EH so smug and Firekeeper so sad?
>>
>>338121667
>It also has some of the best classic bosses in the series like Raime and Alonne

They're good bosses but you're full of shit.

Let's be honest with ourselves here, absolutely nothing in Dark Souls 2 is a series classic.
>>
>>338121378
If I try to R1 spam on Pontiff I'm immediately punished. If I do it on Wet Nurse she just sort of sits there for a half minute while I wale on her.
Also, the lead-up to Pontiff was far better, the whole game until then was fucking up his plans, Wet Nurse is just another creepy fucker from out of nowhere.
>>
>>338121905
Boobs.

That entire picture is about their boobs.
>>
>>338121572
I have an old character for ds2 (katana dual wielder because i'm edgy as fuck), should I play DLC with him or better start Scholar with new character?
>>
>>338112134
I'd have been fine with the mask if the enemies at least wore it, but they didn't even fucking wear the thing, so we had awesome enemies in a CGI trailer that weren't even in the game.
>>
>>338111278
Isn't that the point of Dank Souls? Having your dude in armor kill other dudes in armor?
>>
>>338122349
Play the DLC with him, Scholar doesn't offer enough new content to justify playing again. The only thing that stood out to me was a zipline to skip the entire Dragon Aerie and the fact that the dragon fuckers won't attack first.
>>
>>338121998
>They're good bosses but you're full of shit.
What DaS/DeS bosses compare to Raime and Alonne in term of mechanical complexity and challenge?
>>
>>338122710
Not if I play as a qt mage.
>>
are you trying to use DSII's bosses as a strength?

because they were absolute garbage
>>
>>338121378
>>338118006
Pontiff is much, much better than the Wet Nurse fight. You don't get punished for doing anything badly. It's incredibly easy. Vicar Amelia makes her look like a joke.
Pontiff is the first guy in Dark Souls III who really kicks you in the ass and reminds you you're playing a Dark Souls game.
Also, Nameless King is definitely the best boss fight. The music is incredible. The fight against the Stormdrake is a cool phase. The lightning magic in phase 2 is awesome.
People hate it because he kills you in two hits.
You know who else could pretty easily kill in two hits in the first Dark Souls game? Gwyn. The only difference is that there were a million and one ways you could cheese him.
>>
>>338111156

poor anons gone senile
>>
>>338122969
Manus and Artorias?
>>
>>338123283
Manus maybe but Artorias is a joke. Go play the game again and you will realize how simplistic and easy he is
>>
>>338123394
Ironically the easiest build against every single other boss, sorcery, isn't very good against him because he's on you all the time.
Other builds make him pretty easy.
>>
>>338123283
I'll give you Manus, but definitely not Artorias (he can be cheesed by literally moving backwards).
>>
>>338123220
It's funny because I died like 10 times to Farron Knights because half of them were to the same old bullshit of thinking that their combo is finished BUT NO WAIT THEY HAVE A DELAYED COMBO EXTENSION THAT THEY CAN RANDOMLY CHOOSE TO USE SO YOU HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THEY DO ONE OF THREE SAFE COMBOS AND END IT IN A SPECIFIC WAY BEFORE PUNISHING XDDD but I easily beat Pontiff on my first try since he falls into the bad design of

>Circle strafe with shield up
>Win
>>
>>338123394
I dunno, I replayed DaS1 a while ago in preparation in DaS3 and I got hit by him a shit ton of times, and I even managed to get Alonne's sudoku animation. I would say he requires you to learn well enough about him. Also, one of the reasons Raime and Alonne are so hard is because they can straight up oneshot you and have a billion health while being fast as fuck.
>>
>>338123617
The "random combo extender" thing isn't really a problem if you use a fast weapon.
I fought Pontiff without a shield and only started using one against Lothric and Nameless King, who were getting extremely frustrating without one.
>>
>>338111613
>Iudex gundam
dude in armor who sprouts giant hellbeast from back
>vordt
Dude in armor who moves like a dog
>curse rotted great wood
Nasty dude in tree covered in ballsacks
>crystal sage
Dude with hat and magic
>deacons of the deep
Midget popes
>Faron Knights
Infighting dudes with armor
>wolnir
Big skeletman
>pontiff
Naruto with armor
>Aldrich
Slugdude with trap for a head
>yhorm
Bigass dude with armor
>old demon king
Exactly what it says on the tin
>oceiros
Dragon dude who drops the dude mid fight
>nameless King
Dude with armor who rides a dragon
>dancer
Chick with armor
>champion gundam
Dude with armor
>lothric
Retarded dude with armor and his crip brother dude without armor
>soul of cinder
THAT ONE DUDE WITH ARMLR FROM DARK SOULS 1 HOLY SHIT SO COOL

So at least there is distinct variety even within the armor dudes.
>>
>>338124169
I like Vordt, he reminds me of Monster Hunter, especially those charges.
>>
>>338124169
>Variety
I'll play this game.

>Pursuer
Immortal dude in armour whom stalks you throughout Bastille and FotFG

>Dragonrider
Okay yeah, pretty boring.

>False Ornstein
A knight shrouded in mystery - is he the real Ornstein or just a pale imitation that the Blue Sentinels created?

>Ruin Sentinels
Tall and unnatural slenderlike creatures in armour who torture the Undead exiled to Bastille.

>Lost Sinner
Not even armor dude.

>Smelter Demon
Not a dude, but a hellspawn summoned from the chaos as the Iron King tried to gain power through magic.

>Dragonriders
Shit.

>Vestaldt
A loyal and brave paladin who stands guard for an eternal pact made with his king.

>Vendrick
Not an armored dude. Not really even a proper boss.

>Defender and Watcher
Got me here, I have no clue what the lore on them is supposed to be but they're boring as fuck.

>Gank Squad
NPC explorers who came to loot Shulva and set an ambush to rob you of your souls and treasures.

>Fume Knight
Exiled knight seeking solace in the fragment of darkness and became corrupted by dark power.

>Alonne
Honorabu Samurai from an Eastern Land who traveled to Drangleic and helped Iron King gain power.

>Ivory King
The most objectively 'lawful good' character in the series.
>>
>>338110903

Too bad a bunch of 2's are shitty throw-away bosses or giant dudes in armor. DS3 has some of the dudes in armor problem too but they're still more interesting than DS2's.

So fuck off with this apology meme. We all know when the DLC comes out nobody will debate DS3 is better than DS2.
>>
File: 1419316495530.jpg (32 KB, 315x323) Image search: [Google]
1419316495530.jpg
32 KB, 315x323
>>338112172
>Sif in Great Tier
>Velstadt in Great Tier
>SINH IN GOD TIER HOLY SHIT HOW THE FUCK CAN ANY SANE PERSON FIND ANY VALUE IN THAT FIGHT
>Maria not Great Tier
>Fucking Gehrman in God Tier
>Micolash somehow in Shit Tier
>Yhorm not in Shit Tier
>Old Demon King not in Shit Tier
>Aldrich not in Shit Tier

I'm triggered
>>
Just finished Dark Souls III and I didn't enjoy it at all, I found the game excessively frustrating and overall uninspired. I think I'm going to stop playing these games all together. The magic from Demon Souls and Dark Souls is jut not there anymore. What a shame, Dark Souls used to be one of my favourite game. Need something else to play now.

1-3 Play Senran Kagura EV
4-6 Play Neptunia VII
7-9 Play Xenoblade Chronicles
0 Build Gunpla
>>
>>338110903
I will list all the shit bosses in each

3 has:
Ancient Wyvern
Wolnir

2 has:
Royal Rat Wingus
Royal Rat Dingus
Undead Chariot
"I summon mobs that makes me Maiden Astrea right?"
Nashandra
Smelter Demon
Smelter Demon Blue Raspberry
Twin Dragonriders
Flexile Sentry
Covetous demon
Scorpion-ass
Medusa the poison princess
2 icecats
Prowling Magus
Old Iron King

I barely remembered Prowling Magus existed while making this list, I'm sure I forgot some other shitty boss.
>>
>>338113091
Deacons have good music and an actual gimmich.
>>
>>338125631
kys
>>
3 currently has:
The worst pvp outside Demon Souls
The lowest amount of bosses in the series.
And is the shortest game in the series.

2 at least took some time to beat.
3 just feels like a DS1 circle jerk. I want original content.
>>
>>338125631
>I think I'm going to stop playing these games all together

Just in time considering the series is over.
>>
>>338125835
3 has so many more shit bosses than that. Don't be so blind.
>>
>>338110903
If you believe ds2 is better than 3 then why argue with people over it?
>>
>>338125979
pvp was worst in DS2 tho m8
and i'm pretty sure DS2 was shorter considering I replayed it with SotfS
>>
Every boss in DS3 was memorable, even if the fight wasn't that fun. I can barely remember the bosses from DS2 except the DLC ones.
>>
>>338126105
In what fantasy land is 2 WITH ALL THE DLC shorter than 3?
Also 2 has so many viable builds. You actually see more than 3 weapon types online.
>>
>>338123220
>The fight against the Stormdrake is a cool phase
Don't you mean the fight with the camera?
>>
>>338126159
Of course they are "memorable" the game came out a month ago.
>>
>>338124169
>>> Soul of Cinder
>>> armor from Dark souls 1

0/10 see me
>>
>>338126232
dude... 3 is getting dlc, and I didn't play the dlc with 2 yet. But the base DS2 game is much shorter than 3 m8
>>
>>338126232
the net code was awful in 2 also
>>
>>338126420
No it's not
>>
>>338126232
I was suprised when I started the game up this afternoon and fist weapons are both lightning fast and super strong.
And it seems like items scale way better too. I'm 2-3 shotting almost every enemy I come across with throwing knives. While in DS3 each enemy takes like 8-12 and that's only in the early areas. Crossbows are suddenly really great too.
>>
>>338126545
>season pass
am I being baited or are you serious?
>>
>>338126420
Then why say "i played SOTFS" if you didn't play the DLC?
2 base is still way longer than 3. There are way more bosses areas and items to find.
>>
>>338126323
You'll still remember them in a year. It's because they're all either gimmicky, either hard as balls.
>>
>>338125835
you forgot 3 also has deacons of the deep and crystal sages, both yawn-worthy bosses
>>
>>338126420
>But the base DS2 game is much shorter than 3

No it isn't, they're more or less the same with 2 being maybe 3 or so hours longer.
>>
>>338126608
I think he is talking about
>But the base DS2 game is much shorter than 3 m8
C'mon son.
>>
>>338126545
It's getting 3 dlc releases , you connoisseur of horse cocks.
>>
>>338121245
>I beat Dark Souls 2 twice and thought it was complete AIDS
You have terminal faggot syndrome
>>
>>338126723
2, not 3.
Who is the horse peener fan now?
>>
>>338126672
Deacons is fun. But yeah Crystal Sage is a bit of a shitshow.
>>
>>338126665
Yeah, how could I ever forget One shot dragon and pope mob. Man, so much fun.
>>
>>338126296
>>
>>338126636
Oh, I'm always forgetting about how DS2 is the best game in the series when it comes to new stuff. NG+ adds a bunch of new enemies and enemy encounters alongside some other shenanigans. Scholar of the First Sin changed so much around that its almost like I'm playing the game for the first time.
I think literally the only thing different in DS3 is being able to make the full lothric sword and by that point in NG you'd already have a weapon that far surpasses it in raw damage so it's just a gimmick to have fun with.
>>
>>338124169
>Naruto with armor
I love you.
>>
>>338126723
I'm obviously talking base game vs base game
>>
>>338112172
I will never ever get peoples boner for old monk, that was some bullshit depending on the summon
>>
>>338126974
NG+ in 3 is a fucking travesty.
WHY DO DEVELOPERS REMOVE THINGS THAT WERE SO GOOD IN THE LAST GAME.
>>
File: 1409151789711.jpg (70 KB, 500x536) Image search: [Google]
1409151789711.jpg
70 KB, 500x536
>>
>>338113091
the deacons is one of the only bosses to handle adds well.
>>
>>338127197
Not really. That would be Abyss Watchers.
Deacons is nothing new.
>>
>>338121378
Wet Nurse is pathetically easy for what can be the final boss. It barely moves, barely turns, its attacks all have huge windup and don't handle player movement very well. She has lots of attacks that can graze you if you're behind her but they barely do anything. You can just lay into her. When she brings out the double literally all you have to do is walk in circles around the arena and dodge sometimes until the clone goes away and continue the fight like normal. Pontiff is aggressive, has lots of moves, strong moves, fast moves, long strings that cover a lot of distance, gap closing stabs with varying followups, and when the second phase comes around you have to kill the clone if you want to be rid of it. And a clone that foretells the bosses attacks is a lot more interesting than a clone that just appears sometimes when it's dark to take a swipe at you ineptly.
>>
>>338127294
Abyss Watchers does not handle multiples well. In fact the first phase just feels like a waste of time instead of an actual fight after you go through it once.
>>
>>338126781
Ludwig is pretty great.
>>
>>338123220
>tfw I watched my friend kill Pontiff on his first try by shooting him with arrows in the head over and over
>he never even got hit

The one time playing with a mouse+keyboard really really paid off.
>>
>>338127142
I miss WHEEL
DEAL
>>
>>338127065
The fun of Old Monk was the experience. You just wanted to help someone, because Latria is spooky and full of tough enemies, but you end up sitting in the boss room with a towel around your head shitting homing soul arrows. And it's such a cool cutscene that you're sitting there in anticipation of what kind of fight you're going to have. 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 90 seconds later and just kidding the host died on his way up the stairs past the black mindflayer just like the last 12 hosts.
I don't think any boss ever has made me feel so excited and disappointed at the same time. Mirror Knight comes close just because of how crazy it is the first time you get an actual player burst straight out of his shield thirsty for blood in an already kind of hard fight.
>>
>>338127398
Why would you want to get rid of the clone in the Pontiff fight tho? The second phase is so much easier because Sully doesn't combo when his gaybro is around.
>>
>>338110903
there are alot of DaS3 minibosses that easily reach DaS2 boss quality. let alone the pontiff beasts and these giant curse spiders would have been taken as bosses in DaS2 maybe with some more HP but still.
>>
>>338113790
>perfect boss fight
>rolling
>not parrying
>>
>>338126282
Just don't lock on.
He really is not hard if you don't lock on, and he's big enough that you don't need to.
Locking on causes all kinds of shit for the camera, though, and it fucks up your aim for the head.
>>
>>338127783
His first phase wrecked me for so long that by the time I was able to get to the second phase reliably AND take out the clone, I was pretty good at dealing with his aggressive first phase. I knew the dodge and parry timings there, clone timings are still tricky even though he isn't as aggressive.
>>
>>338126763
What's wrong with that? I'm a fan of the Soulsbourne games and I tried really hard to like DaS2.

I think most of the Souls games are better the second time around. The first one is always a meat grinder if you go in blind like I do.
>>
>>338128172
>I'm a fan of the Soulsbourne games
>Soulsbourne
You have severe terminal faggot syndrome.
The only cure is bleach. You need to drink alot of it.
>>
>>338117625
You better start pretending that's bait to hide your shit taste. DaS3 has better bosses than 1 and 2.
>>
>>338110903

How populated are DS2 and 3 on the bone?
>>
>>338124670
The difference between what you did, and what the other Anon did, is that you added lore to them instead of explaining what differentiates their actual boss fight. You missed the point.
>>
File: game difficulty.png (13 KB, 885x542) Image search: [Google]
game difficulty.png
13 KB, 885x542
Is this correct?
>>
>>338110981
DS3 has neither though, it doesn't do anything new, takes no risks, 90% of the armor and weapons are just old ones, it tries to recreate enemies, gimmick bosses and areas from DS1 and DeS and fails. It has no original shit at all
>>
>>338117625
>yhorm

gimmick fight

>oceiros

looks like the model isn't even finished, bugs out into the environment, impossible to get hit by him unless you try to

>deacons

gimmick boss

>wolnir

gimmick boss that its impossible to die against besides getting unlucky and having him charge up the hill leaving you in the death mist

>ancient wyvern

LOL

you can count the "great" boss fights on one hand, and the "good" boss fights on your other hand for dark souls 3.

everything else is either a gimmick or disappointing like vordt or tree.
>>
>>338128797
3 is definitely the easiest.
I had more trouble with 1 than 2.
>>
>>338128526
Nah. I think 3 has some nice bosses. But I will only remember like 5 of them in a year or two.
>>338128974
This.
>>
>>338128797
DS2 is the easiest, DS3 is the hardest
>>
>>338128797
The first one you play is the hardest, after that they get easier with every game you play
>>
>>338129383
Literally this. Got stuck on DeS for way too long, DS was pretty hard, DS2 was a BREEZE for me, and only got stuck on one boss in BB.
>>
>>338129272
I just don't understand how anyone can be this wrong.
I'm done.
>>
>>338128797

Dark Souls got progressively easier as the series went along, with me finding DS3 to be not very difficult at all. The longest bossfight I spent time beating was Nameless King, which took me about an hour an a half total, not to mention it's basically 2 bosses in one.

Might just be me getting more familiar with these types of games, although Bloodborne was fucking hard as shit though. I spent upwards of 8 hours on DLC bosses, particularly orphan of kos and laurence, including time i spent having to farm blood vials after running out.
>>
>>338129489
>I just don't understand
that's because you are dumb
>>
>>338129614

Not him but I had a really hard time in DS3 and was ready to call it the hardest, but then I thought about it and realized half the reason why I got stuck on bosses was because they'd 1 or 2-shot me with my 11 vigor for most of the game.

Replaying it with a character with more health made me realize the few difficult sections of the game are all bullshit like Farron Keep and enemies ganking you and having no way to stop them.
>>
>Dragonrider
>Dragonslayer
>Rat Vanguard
>The Rotten
>Gargoyles
>Ruin Sentinels
>Covetous Demon
>Skelly Lords
>Old Iron King
>Dragonrider x2
>Guardian Dragon
>Ancient Dragon
>Throne Watcher and Defender
>Nashandra
>Gank Squad
>Cool Blue Smelter
>Lud and Zullen

does anybody actually like these fights?
DS2 was so full of trash
>>
>>338129997
I liked Ruin Sentinels and Thrones Watcher and Defender were alright.
It's not like DS3 is full of amazing bosses either
>>
>>338129997
>>Gargoyles

I actually did like that fight because it felt like a ramped-up version of the original gargoyles fight, like in a "lets see hoe much better you've gotten" way. Also hearing that awesome music again after having to hear most of DS2's unremarkable themes was a blessing.
>>
>>338129931

Good point, having a decently high vigor stat is pretty crucial for just about everything in DS3.

Early on when i was dicking around in pvp i noticed that everyone seemed to have like twice as much health as i did and made most of the difference in determining the outcome of fights, plus the stat seems super efficient too compared to others. Gives around 50 hp per level until about 30 if i remember correctly.
>>
>>338130142
Throne Watcher and Defender only have like 3 moves each. They could have been fucking mobs.

Say what you will about the DS3 bossfights, but the fact that each one had multiple phases made them stand out.
>>
I'll take Dark Souls 2 over 3 anyday
>>
>>338130425
And then there's shit like Wolnir, Wyvern, Crystal Sage aka Fools Idol but worse, Curse Rotten, Deacons, Old Demon King and even Vordt
>>
>>338129997
Skelly Lords are just Shadows of Yarnham OG version. They literally have almost the same weapons and movesets. Dont know why people dislike that fight but love shadows.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 450x300
Does anybody know if I can have a sharp gem and a crystal gem on my weapon at the same time in dark souls three?
>>
>>338111057
Yup.
>>
>tree, deacons, sage, wolnir, yhorm, wyvern

So actually DaS3 has only 13 bosses if you take out the shitty gimmick fights.
>>
>>338131107
plus vordt is the typical early game "big dude that charges you like a dumbass" boss so he's barely a boss at all.

the outrider knights are more difficult and have more attacks than him
>>
>>338129997
Dragonrider was lame but I liked the fight. Probably because I always do it at a low enough level that it's a bit challenging.
>>
Here is Fume Knight, considered out of all bosses in DS2 one of the hardest and coolest.

He is slow as fuck, if you slowed down pontiff by 300% it would still be quicker then Fume Knights speed, this isn't even an exaggeration.

Not to mention the lack of fluid animations, the horrid textures, the shitty music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKkVtArZipM

Watching this literally makes me want to throw up, its like im playing a game straight out of PS1 era.
>>
>>338112134
Yea, I'm sure dissapointed that we didn't get a pvp where every edgy kid wore the same mask. It would have been so cool to have to see it everywhere!
>>
>>338131591
So, fast equals good? Then why does everyone hate Bloodborne
>>
>>338112134
still mad. what we got is so bad
>>
>>338131591
Except Pontiff also has way less health, can be parried, does less damage, gets significantly easier in his second phase and the player's not only faster but the rolls have more invincibility to compensate for the fast speed.
>>
>>338131776
>Then why does everyone hate Bloodborne

Bloodborne is /v/'s 2nd favorite Souls game tho.
>>
File: 1461908405939.jpg (29 KB, 412x430) Image search: [Google]
1461908405939.jpg
29 KB, 412x430
>>338131107
>gimmick fights are bad
They usually make for more interesting bosses than just oversized enemies.
>>
>>338110903

Dark Souls 2 has dlc
Dark Souls 3 dlc is not out yet

Also quality>quantity
>>
>>338132029

>DLC 1 is not out till fall
>DLC 2 probably not out till 2017

Fuck man. This wait is gonna suck
>>
>>338131591
The PVE in DS2 is honestly shit.

Not even 'slightly worse but pretty damn good to Dark Souls' it was literally crap

Cardboard forgettable Npc's, textures that were crap, lighting system that wasn't there at all, crappy bosses, no atmosphere.

I loved the pvp variety at the very end, but i don't kid myself the PVE was a horrid mess.
>>
>>338132006
They could've tried way harder with the gimmick bosses though. Yhorm just uses Storm Kings gimmick for no fucking reason and the fight is over in seconds, Crystal Sage is a worse version of Fools Idol, Deacons is just Phalanx's gimmick and don't even get me started on Wyvern
>>
>>338132029
see
>>338128974
>>
>>338125835
You forgot Yhorm in the shitpile faggot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEWXwMBex_s

This entire thread
>>
Got my 60 hours' worth. Probably won't play it again until the DLC comes out. Replay value is shit for a variety of reasons.

Let's just use Demon's Souls as an example. You can tackle stages in any order. Not feeling the stage aesthetic, or the boss is giving you trouble? Easy, move on. Magic is awesome. But more importantly they weren't afraid to let magic bend and break encounters. You want to trivialize Maneater with Anti-Magic Field? Well the game doesn't hate your fun. And it doesn't back-load all the good shit, either. If I want to start a new game and RP as a paladin, I can venture into a difficult but accessible area for the loot to make that possible right away.

In 3, every time I felt that I found something cool, it was already past the point where I needed it. I finished the game with the fucking uchi. Everything larger felt too slow. The enemies are absurdly aggressive wombo comboers with infinite stamina. A few of the bosses were HP sponges, but it's not like you could afford to trade blows with them. So much aggravation for all the wrong reasons.

And I'm not too happy about the cringey Dark Souls the musical vibe, where the series' cast comes out for a cheeky wink and a bow.
Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.