[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elder Scrolls 6 General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 31
File: Elder-Scrolls-VI.jpg (32 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Elder-Scrolls-VI.jpg
32 KB, 600x300
Is there any hope of it being good after the abortion that was Fallout 4?

Discuss your hopes and dreams for TESVI
>>
File: 1463618301192.png (196 KB, 398x384) Image search: [Google]
1463618301192.png
196 KB, 398x384
I'm gonna try to be realistic here. Their ambitions to create one of the biggest action RPGs of the time the game is released always seems to sort of show. Most of the games in the series always shot high and usually they don't fail at it. Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim were at least okay, and you couldn't call them failed games at all.

I'm assuming it's the same thing for TES VI, and hopefully it isn't as bad as Fallout 4, or worse yet, just based off of TESO mechanics and Genericfantasylandia
>>
If they use the same dialogue system from FO4 and keep the stupid dungeon designs (they will) then I can see it being even worse than Skyrim.

But this time my expectations will be rock bottom, so maybe it won't be as bad.
>>
skyrim is an abomination just because its story is limited to nords, nords and dragons. fallout 4 is not a scale i hope, because oblivion is a gud game, scope and all, except that daedra things, and i sincerely hope they'll make some non restricting story and gameplay in tes6. thank ye.
>>
File: 1455632572137.gif (720 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1455632572137.gif
720 KB, 267x200
The little faith i had left in Bethesda died with Fallout 4.

There are no hopes and dreams left.
>>
They just need to make a new fucking engine and everything will be good again
>>
>>338107956
Paid mods will save them
>>
>all skills but stealth and archery removed
>>
>>338107956
Stop parroting /v/, faggot.

FO4 is fucking light years ahead of Skyrim as a game.

Skyrim has maybe 10 hours of content stretched out to 50 fucking hours. In Skyrim you're fighting the same 5 type of enemies for 90% of the game, in Skyrim you're using the same boring as fuck weapons for 90% of the game, in Skyrim you're using the same spells for 90% of the game, in Skyrim you're going through copy paste dungeons for 90% of the game, etc etc.

You have to mod the living *fuck* out of Skyrim for it to even resemble a decent video game.

Fallout 4 is just shallow compared to 3/NV, but FO4 at least has fun and decently varied combat, real actual level design and fucking great art direction.

Skyrim is a piece of fucking trash game compared to FO4
>>
>>338109427
FO4 is a much shittier RPG than even Skyrim and somehow managed to be more railroady
>>
Fallout 4 is considered one of the best games ever made and will probably end up selling 80 million copies.

There's no hope for Elder Scrolls VI, it'll make Skyrim look hardcore.
>>
File: Lod Towers.jpg (22 KB, 382x267) Image search: [Google]
Lod Towers.jpg
22 KB, 382x267
>>338109329
But the Creation Engine™ is new anon! It was made from scratch for Fallout™ 4©!
>>
>>338109613
>Fallout 4 is considered one of the best games ever made

by literally who?
It won no awards and even normalfags think its shit compared to their older games
>>
>>338109554
FO4 isn't an RPG. It's a shooter with a bit of customization. Who gives a shit if it's more "railroady" when Skyrim's world consists of the same copy paste assets over and over again?

Muh open world
>>
The one reason I have hope that they won't necessarily make the same mistakes they did with FO4 is that it would be completely impractical for them to try and replicate two of FO4's biggest offenders: the voiced protagonist/shitty dialogue system that it necessitated, and the overly railroaded character history.

With all the different racial possibilities to play as, I still expect you to play as a silent protagonist. I'm also hoping that they see the backlash from FO4's garbage dialogue system and put more work into letting you actually roleplay a character.

High hopes, considering it's Bethesda, but hopes nonetheless.
>>
I generally like Bethesda games more than people here in /v/ do, but even I have to admit that Fallout 4 went far too far in regards of simplifying the RPG mechanics. If the same direction follows for the next TES, I can't see it being anything but a massive disappointment.
>>
>>338107956
I think Fallout 4 had great content and awful presentation. I more or less have all the common complaints about the game, but I think it deserves more credit than it gets here at least because settlements and weapon customization is a lot of fun. It's got a great shell and I expect that a few years from now mods will make it fantastic.

For TESVI, I just hope they manage to take the good from FO4 without the bad.
>>
>>338109554

RPG is a dead genre. There's never going to be another AAA RPG again.
>>
>>338110004
Poland will save us with Witcher 4
>>
>>338109948
I've actually loved all Beth. games prior to 4, but I could always see why people disliked the simplification of stuff. Fallout 4 was the straw that broke the camel's back though, by the time you get out of the fucking vault there's absolutely no way to make a custom identity for your character.
>>
>>338110073

CDPR don't make RPGs, they make "chose your own adventure" action games.
>>
>>338107956
Better Alchemy system
Realistic Needs and Diseases
Food/Cooking
Not shit user interface
Better combat

Basically what took me over 200 mods to get Skyrim enjoyable. I fucking ruined the install eventually and I just can't bring myself to spend hours and hours and hours modding it to where it was again.
>>
>>338107956
Given how much of a step up FO4 was over the diarrhea turd that was Skyrim, I am somewhat hopeful.

I don't expect to ever experience something as rich as Morrowind or Oblivion from Zenimax ever again, sadly.
>>
>>338111080
Nobody wants cooking to be a big deal in RPGs. A hunger system is fine if done right, but fucking cooking? Come on son, cooking sucks even in real life, why would you want to do that in a video game? Do you want cleaning and house maintenance to be a gameplay mechanic as well?

"Gee I better put some points into dusting, if not the asthma will slowly kill me."

Sounds fun, right?
>>
>>338111856
No I didn't mean like that.

I mean like a hunger system and cooking will give you a temporary health boost or work as a slow heal over time health potion for people who want to RP as a warrior that doesn't do alchemy, drink potions, or use restoration magic.
>>
>>338107956
>Is there any hope of it being good after the abortion that was Oblivion?
>>
>>338112036
>>338111856
A Skill-less ability that all characters could do.
>>
>>338111080
>I was only happy once I turned Skyrim from a shit RPG into an autismo minecraft microcrafting survival simulator
this is the face of people who claim that Skyrim can be fixed with mods
>>
>>338112036
>>338112112
that's literally what the vanilla game does you fucking mong
>>
>>338108841
same here
>>
>>338109427

They're probably going to implement most of the stuff from ESO to the next ES.

I don't know why they wouldn't. The highest type of armour is Daedric and now we got Rubedite and Voidsteel.
>>
as shitty as fallout 4 is a think they are going to learn alot when it comes to elder scrolls.

Settlements will hopefully be expanded to more of a town builder with parts that are better than a few all fairly shitty options. Maybe some big invasions on them instead of just some raiders. a Survival could be pretty cool dealing with similar but expanded systems

Obviously they need to ditch the problems with dialogue and VA but lots of the systems to me atleast seemed not fully fleshed out and like they can really be expanded on.

I have no hope it will go back to an oblivion era but just maybe we can get something that is still fun to play
>>
>>338112593
why would they add stuff from a game that isnt even made by them, didnt see them doing that with NV
>>
File: 1449098252717.png (121 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1449098252717.png
121 KB, 258x245
>>338112724
i don't WANT the game to be about some town building minigame. no one plays these games for the gimmicky minigames. i want an rpg first and foremost. bethesda is shying away from that, and that's a problem

> oblivion era
LITERALLY THE LOWEST POINT OF THE TES FRANCHISE FUCK YOU OBLIVIONBABBIES
>>
>>338112724
>oblivion era
die in a fire
>>
>>338111856
>Do you want cleaning and house maintenance to be a gameplay mechanic as well?
what is viscera cleanup detail.

I actually agree with you but you have no idea the type of people out there, i had a roommate that would literally mod any game that he could to be realistic
I once watched him play The sims 3 for hours using a 24 hour clock and realistic times to do tasks, i once watched him watch his character read a book for like 2 fucking hours.
>>
>>338112881
This, fuck the settlements. I could not give less of a shit about them, and I have zero desire struggle building something that would never look as good as a premade thing. The resources that go into making a system like that could be far better used elsewhere.
>>
File: rattle yeah.gif (536 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
rattle yeah.gif
536 KB, 500x281
>>338107956
Hell yeah! They fucked up with fallout, but I have strong faith in TES, simply because I feel like the formula for the games itself is already great.
>>338109427
Copypasta pls leave.
>>
>>338113254
Premade stuff that you can selectively upgrade is infinitely better than the godawful directionless shallow shit in FO4.

Developing Raven Rock in Bloodmoon was better than any settlement shit in FO4 because it has a sense of actual progress and purpose.
>>
File: 1454955690672.gif (9 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1454955690672.gif
9 KB, 633x758
>>338113254
i agree.

besides... i dont WANT to make all of the towns in tamriel. i want them to already be there and i want to visit them, learn, them, and explore them. i wanna fuckin roleplay in my rpg, not play a glorified farmville.
>>
>>338107956
they should just have obsidian do elderscrolls as well as fallout
>>
>>338107956
Bethesda has never made a good game.

They will never make a good game.
>>
I'm so disillusioned by the state of the elder scrolls franchise that I have a 150+ page document explaining how I'd design a better one.
>>
>>338113641
Fallout 3 was (and still is) a fucking phenominal game when it's not crashing.
>>
>>338113525
I've dreamed about this for years, it could be fucking dope to see a TES game with actual skilled writing that's not called Morrowind.
>>
>>338107956
The engine will be buggy and crash a lot
The AI pathfinding will suck hard and lead to AIs getting lost somehow in straight corridors
The gameplay will involve clicking on the enemy mans with your massive cone of Can't Miss faster than the enemy mans can click on you - i.e. gameplay somehow less involved than Cookie Clicker, because in Cookie Clicker it matters where you click.
The UI will suck but will get modded out
Character depth will be removed, because 2hard.
>>
>>338113787
I was going to add that their best game was fallout 3 but i deleted it. The game was outclassed by new vegas, the main reason fallout 3 was good was because it's fun to explore fallout in 3D.
>>
>>338113505
>implying you had to set up shit in FO4
You can skip settlements entirely with no problems, you act like you are forced when you are not even remotely. Not to mention half the settlements already are basically set up and the others are just barren bases that will basically be used as rest stops in survival mode. Its not like if they got rid of settlements they would replace them with good things. it would have just been empty space or a settler giving you the exact same "kill these raiders" quest, Its really just an expanded housing system that gave people some control over NPCs
>>
File: 1463629369225.jpg (64 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
1463629369225.jpg
64 KB, 720x479
nope , they rely on moders who now refuse to work with them .
>>
File: 1459450872110.png (1 MB, 1204x1204) Image search: [Google]
1459450872110.png
1 MB, 1204x1204
Drunk friend just bought me ESO.

What am I in for? Heard it's been patched into not shit.
>>
>>338107956
Fallout 3 wasn't that great either tbqhwy family. Elder Scrolls is better and I am confident that Elder Scrolls 6 will be great as long as they don't try to dumb Skyrim down even further. Hopefully they go the opposite direction. Personally I'd like to see Morrowind type stats return, but with combat more like Oblivion/Skyrim.
>>
>>338107956
>hopes
zero

>dreams
a good game with a solid engine and a game made by people who wont leave things for modders to fix
>>
>>338113965
>The engine will be buggy and crash a lot
are the rumors that they're being forced to us idTech been confirmed?
I feel like that would be much less glitchy then some gamebryo spinoff
>>
File: listen[1].jpg (29 KB, 431x139) Image search: [Google]
listen[1].jpg
29 KB, 431x139
Repeat after me, kids:

BETHESDA HAS NEVER MADE A GOOD GAME
>>
>>338108554
To be fair, Oblivion had the "Left click on a single word" dialogue and it worked.

Though whenever you had to make a relevant choice, it was spelled out in full. The single words were mostly you shaking down the NPC's dialogue tree for quests.
>>
>>338114081
hoping for the same but don't think it's very likely since everybody outside of /v/ loved skyrim
>>
>>338114149
they've made competent games that became good with mods though
>>
>>338114030
It's a fun game, it's changed a lot since the launch (for the better). I'm usually in-game if you need some help, my name is Flees-From-Mudcrab
>>
>>338114030
think skyrim except it feels weird and everything you need to do for a quest is within 50 ft from where you are standing
>>
>>338114124
Huh. If you used a modified Quake 1 or Quake 3 engine, it'd work pretty damn well. Q1 and Q3 were solid as a car made of dragonforce hitting a wall made of dragonforce.
>>
File: Spr_Chara.png (494 B, 38x58) Image search: [Google]
Spr_Chara.png
494 B, 38x58
>>338108841
>There are no hopes and dreams left.
That's right.
You are a good partner.
>>
>>338114327
it would probably be idTech 5 or 6, not something that old
>>
>>338114224
because like fallout 4 it was most peoples first of the series because games became a meme
>>
>>338114224
I loved a lot about Skyrim myself. I don't think returning to more of an RPG setup would necessarily lose the normies. That's why I suggested keeping the newer style of combat.
>>
>>338107956
>Height variation in humanoid characters
>Brick and mortar castles
>less nords
>less snow
>Guards with different voices
>Combat with actual weight and physics
>a little less combat
>More survival mechanics like hunting animals
>more immersive markets and trading
>more activities to do within cities for gold or fun (jobs, property management, romance)

One really big thing i want is a more relaxed intro. Basically since Oblivion all of Bethesda's games have these big giant explosive intros with lots of fighting and characters being thrown in your face all at once.

I just want to start with a blank slate character you know nothing about and slowly integrate myself into the games world.

If they could do that on top of the regular shit they shovel into their games, would be ok
>>
>>338113970
I still think Fallout 3 had setting going for it though. The capital wasteland is just a way better place to explore than a fucking desert. It's the only aspect that's done better really, but it's a big ass one.
>>
>>338107956
Believe or not, normies loved new fallout. No hopes left
>>
>>338114519
I agree. New Vegas felt kind of empty compared to Fallout 3.
>>
>>338114501
first person melee combat is almost never good (in any game - but especially ES games)
>>
>>338109869
>With all the different racial possibilities to play as, I still expect you to play as a silent protagonist.
Forced playing as a Redguard. Your romance options are a gay Redguard of the same sex as you, or a Nord of opposite sex. Getting married involves a questline where you expose anyone who opposes the marriage as a war profiteer. ... wait what's that? ... oops I mean "instigator of racial conflict". I forgot, war profiteering is kosher.
>>
>>338114264
Already have a sugar daddy, but I'll add you anyway. I've heard there is level scaling so you can still do stuff with people at different levels.

Think I've gotten to lvl 9. Keerja Kewtal
>>
>>338114621
even normies complained about the shitty dialogue system though
>>
>>338111856
>Come on son, cooking sucks even in real life
Fight me nigger.
>>
When TES VI gets announced, holy shit, the annoying memes will start again, this time it will be unbearable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY
>>
>>338114747
I have every race at max level. There's a bundle you can buy that allows you to play any race on any faction.
>>
>>338114730
What would you like to see done with VI?
>>
>>338111856
I fucking love cooking.
>>
File: 1323403262183.png (825 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1323403262183.png
825 KB, 1024x576
>>338114224
i liked skyrim. i thought it was better than oblivion. but that doesn't mean that im not worried with Bethesda's obsession with simplification and streamlining things.

i think fallout 4 passed the threshold where it's not even an rpg anymore. it's basically far cry 4 set in the future and with a gimpy little dialogue system (a dialogue system that SUCKS btw, pic related)

what gives me hope is that even normies weren't ecstatic about fallout 4. most of them enjoyed it but realized that it was too shallow. bethesda always listens to normies. i feel like TES 6 will not be a crazily deep RPG but i think (hope) bethesda will take some time to figure out what they're doing wrong.
>>
>>338114912
Literally copy dark messiah of might and magic. Just do that.
>>
Make races actually fucking matter at least slightly.

For all the talk of racism in Skyrim you are never a recipient yourself.

Being a High Elf should have had stuff involving the Thalmor, either assisting them or having Nords be extremely distrusting of you.

And for the love of fuck please fire Emil Pagliarulo because that fucker cannot write a passable narrative to save his life.
>>
>>338114506
So you want:
Gameplay
AND
Physics engine
at the same time
in
BETHESDA GAME?
son u r
DREAMIN

>captcha: Ferries NORD
enjoy ur Ferries and Nord
>>
File: 1360099656207.png (45 KB, 382x284) Image search: [Google]
1360099656207.png
45 KB, 382x284
>>338114882
the execution is weird but i think it's cute that people get excited about things they love.
>>
>>338114885
I thought you had to get it at launch for that.
>>
>all these people saying fo4 and skyrim are bad games
>people hated oblivion when it came out

They're disappointing as RPGs but honestly they're still great games. Each time one comes out I get between 25-50 hours of enjoyable playtime. And this is coming from a guy whose favorite games were Morrowind, Deus Ex, Stalker, and Dungeon Crawl.
>>
>>338111856
Cooking in Runescape was fun. Fuck off
>>
>>338114030
Can be a blast or tedious depending on what you do, crafting some armor is a pain and might require someone else but pvp kicks ass outside of vet anyways, haven't touched it yet. If you're looking for someone else I could probably play too depending on your alliance, I'm honestly pretty damn bored right now.
>>
>>338114885
oh, and I added you. Won't be doing much tonight though.
>>
Sex mods are going to be only good thing about it
>>
>>338114974
It's like they tried to glue skyrim and mass effect together with dog shit. It just doesn't stick.
>>
>>338115203
I've played and enjoyed all of them but FO4 was just a piss take. The only good thing was the weapon customisation. The settlement building was boring and tedious, as were the radient quests, and the main quests had barely any standout moments at all. Considering how ass it looks I can't even imagine where their development time was spent.
>>
>>338115128
Not familiar with it famalam.
>>
>>338114974
i've honestly just given up on bethesda. lately i've just been satisfied with the witcher and cyberpunk 2077 will probably take the spot for futuristic open world rpg once it finally comes out
>>
File: 1441685246913.jpg (109 KB, 1632x1652) Image search: [Google]
1441685246913.jpg
109 KB, 1632x1652
DELETE THIS THREAD
>>
>>338115364
Really? I enjoyed exploring and finding new weapons/items while getting stronger. I hated most of things you mentioned too, but I still had fun with it and think it's overall a good game. There are basically no alternatives in the genre.
>>
>>338114506
>Bethesda game
The videos showcasing bugs would be beautiful.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (74 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
74 KB, 1360x768
>>338115417
Play it. You won't be disappointed.
It has a top tier waifu if that's your thing.
>>
Elder Scrolls VI: AkaVIr
>>
>>338115508
fuck off todd
>>
>>338107956
Hope/Wishlist
>Takes place across Elsweyr, Valenwood and the Summer Set Isles.
>Still able to play as all the different races plus maybe a few new ones. (Different Khajiit breeds, etc.)
>Realistic survival mode.
>More werewolves and other lycanthropes.
>Vampires.
>Silent protagonist.
>Written is handled by a different studio.
>More DLC with it's own interconnected story like New Vegas. Not the same, "new mechanic, new faction, new land" stuff they always do.
>Better crafting.
>Larger cities
>Better magic.
>Let us actually lead the guilds/factions we'll inevitably take over.
>>
>>338115364
>Considering how ass it looks I can't even imagine where their development time was spent.
Hello Fellow Posters!
Our development time was spent discussing this game with people(s) such as yourselves, the reddit community, twitch.tv, twitter, and all your other favourite anti-racist shitholes!
>>
File: 1463411865438.png (4 KB, 219x168) Image search: [Google]
1463411865438.png
4 KB, 219x168
>>338107956
im gonna pre-order it and enjoy it no matter what just like i did with fallout 4
>>
>>338115586
Is this Uesutaan Goburin?
>>
>>338107956
>Valenwood
>focus on verticality with acrobatics making a return and tree climbing a movement feature
>swinging on vines and jumps and tree parkour
>use shadows and overgrowth/leaves for stealth
>giant cities on moving trees that constantly changes location
>three levels of the world: the overtop with massive tree temples and mystic creatures, the middle with cities and wooden walkways and thieves and such, and the bottom with giant monsters and dangerous dungeons
>all three levels seamlessly traversable
>progressions now seperated into different abilities and a character can only learn a specific path per playthrough
>players can now only be leaders of a single faction per playthrough
>increases the amount of companions and overhaul of their AI with a FF12 like gambit system
>fulfilling quests will allow you to access to faction leaders as powerful companions
>semi-online system ala dogma where you can whore your character out as a companion
>increased difficulty will be really hard, requiring lots of teammates to defeat
>massive boss ala dogma with multiple weak points and phases
>no more rag doll for a more visceral combat feel
>combat now focuses on three key aspect: blocking, parrying, and overpowering in a triangle system
>ability to dodge
>overhaul of the magic system
>new noteriety system that changes based on your finished quests and story decisions that determines how people react to you
>pets and mounts
>>
>>338115701
same
>>
>>338115643
>and the Summer Set Isles.
QUIT DEADNAMING THEM, YOU SHITLORD.
They are called Alinor now! That is their REAL name!
>>
>>338115701
it's okay to buy games anon but preordering is a meme. there's no reason to do it. it's just a weird anticonsumer practice that only exists in the vidya industry.
>>
File: 1463545798869.jpg (147 KB, 576x610) Image search: [Google]
1463545798869.jpg
147 KB, 576x610
Two things:

1. hand placed rewards instead of RNG chests

2. gameplay overhaul, no more fat health bars and mashing mouse1 for an hour

don't have those two then forget it, it's shit
>>
>>338115805
>>swinging on vines and jumps and tree parkour
Please allow me to kill your hype with:
CONTEXT
SENSITIVE
MOVEMENT
COMMANDS
>>
>>338115860
I don't play ESO, enlighten me.
>>
>>338116015
I was thinking more of "hold a specific button to do wall run/hold on to things" ala Prince of Persia.
>>
>>338116149
No sorry
ONE BUTTON PARKOUR! Everything context sensitive!
You won't be needing this any more :) *places your hype and your hope in the toilet* *flushes*
>>
>>338116021
ESO is worth fucking with for shits and giggles if you just have a little money to throw away. You won't stick with it though.
>>
>>338116236
Not him, but I can live with that. Simple parkour is better than no parkour.

>>338116295
It looks fun, but I have neither the money nor the proper computer to play it.
>>
Nah, it'll be more casualized and sales will be higher than ever.
>>
>>338116446
In that case you're missing nothing. I was just throwing it out there that it's not AS shit as most of /v/ says. It's still not very good though.
>>
>>338116446
>parkouring in heavy steel armor
lmao, I could see it being a specific perk for rogues though
>>
>>338116551
>sales will be higher than ever.
they'll never top skyrim. the game's sold 23 million copies, that's insane. that's more than what call of duty games usually sell and no other modern rpg franchise comes close.
>>
>>338107956
It will be even more streamlined with an even bigger and more barren area, in an even blander medieval setting.

They have not strayed from this path for a single game in five games now. To think they would start now is pure foolishness.
>>
I don't see how Bethesda could ever top Witcher 3. Everything in Witcher 3 absolutely shits on anything Bethesda has ever done.
>>
>>338116809
Elder Scrolls always felt like a big map with scripted events plopped on top of it. There's some sort of refinement I can't quite place that is missing.
>>
>>338116708
Skyrim had an arguably less generic setting that Oblivion, and they at least tried to unfuck the lore somewhat
>>
File: Sadfrog.jpg (8 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
Sadfrog.jpg
8 KB, 251x242
>>338116809
>tfw, we will never get an Elder Scrolls game on par with The Witcher 3 or Dragon's Dogma.
>>
>>338116708
They just need to pander to the twitch.tv, reddit, facebook, apple iphone, league of legends, patreon crowd.

There's enough shiteating cocksuckers in those crowds to get up to 50 million.

Fucked if I know how they're gonna do it tho since all those crowds seem utterly insane to me. They ban so much ""offensive"" content that I'm surprised they have any content at all. But other people understand it just fine and can pander to them so it's possible.
>>
File: checked.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
checked.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
>>338117000
I know what you mean but it has never bothered me. The atmosphere is all there so I just enjoy the vast sandbox.
>>
>>338117013
meant for >>338116740
>>
>>338116708
>the worst ES game sold the most

this is why I have no hope for games anymore
>>
Is there going to be a TES for Vita announced? For some reason the PSP leak was nuked from the internet. Why would they care if they had no plans for it? Maybe for mobile?
>>
File: 1426099649896.jpg (137 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
1426099649896.jpg
137 KB, 1050x1050
>>338117138
>worst ES game
but that's not oblivion
>>
>>338117138
Well if you have no hope for AAA games, maybe you can try the Indie scene?
:)
:)?
:^)
>>
>>338116809
>rhythm game disguised as an rpg is really an rpg guys, pls
go to bed red
>>
More focus on gameplay.
Less focus on wacky lore.
Putting in hundreds of books and calling everything an elf in a dream doesn't make the game fun.
>>
>>338117102
Doesn't bug me that other people like it. I'm glad you enjoy it even if I couldn't. Modding is where the fun ended up being.
>>
>>338117013
>>338117205

but Skyrim was all medieval Norway with "zombie" dungeons. Oblivion at least had the Imperial City and good quests.
>>
>>338117308
fuck off roman.
>>
Bethesda is a shit toer developer.

Deep as a fucking puddle. Thats all they are good for on open world games. Get Cyberpunk instead
>>
>>338116708
Every single mainstream gamer will be interested in the "sequel to Skyrim" so it's gonna sell a ton. It will without a doubt destroy Fallout 4 in numbers and I could definitely see it passing Skyrim.
>>
So what are the chances that ES6 gets announced at E3?
>>
File: 1400994423310.jpg (371 KB, 1246x1724) Image search: [Google]
1400994423310.jpg
371 KB, 1246x1724
i dont want it to be hammerfell or whatever

deserts are boring and not comfy.
>>
>>338117364
it was still just generic fantasyland, and it was supposed to be a jungle
>>
>>338117438
This. Bethesda is good at giving you a large open world sandbox to fuck around in for a while, but they are not competent game designers.
>>
>>338117506
this message very haram, delete this you racist swine dog
>>
>>338117505
slim. fallout 4 only came out 6 months ago. bethesda usually takes 2-3 years between games and likes to announce their games in the same year that they release them. i would doubt if we saw anything about tes 6. maybe a cryptic teaser that doesn't show anything at all but i doubt even that.
>>
>>338117205
I fucking hate all the open face helmets in Oblivion because it was only done to facilitate that shitty persuasion minigame.
>>
I want to be hyped again.

I remember looking forward to Oblivion's release, it was like a dream game at the time, I didn't feel any hype for Skyrim, a new TES deserves a new gen to show all its power, besides the game being all gray didn't help at all.
>>
>>338117684
I wonder why you have to Boast, Threaten, Compliment, and Joke in every conversation until you reach skill 50.
I don't threaten in every conversation IRL.
>>
V
A
L
E
N

W
O
O
D

AND

E
L
S
W
Y
R

TOGETHER
>>
SAY IT WITH ME

THE ELDER SCROLLS: AKAVIR
>>
File: borealis.jpg (77 KB, 999x799) Image search: [Google]
borealis.jpg
77 KB, 999x799
>>338117849
No

Commander Boreale
>>
>>338117958
is there even lore for akavir?
>>
>>338117958
wait until we finish one continent
>>
>>338118089
Ice demons
Tiger people
Snake people
Monkey people
it's All Chinese 'n' Shit
>>
>>338117736
Man, Oblivion was such a magical experience for me. The atmosphere, the music, the exploration... Looking back it has its flaws, but for a younger me experiencing the newest console generation, it was incredible. Video games will probably never make me feel like that again.
>>
Skyrim 2.

Make it happen, Bethesda!
>>
>>338107956
>bethesda
>good game
ROFLMAO DUDE U MADE ME LAUGH HARD AS FUCK
>>
>>338118276
Am I okay?
>>
>>338118237
now that would be a new level of minimal effort even for them
>>
>>338107956
It will prolly be fun for about 20ish hours and turns to shit after that since Bethesda games have poor mechanics and horrible balance.
>>
File: Ahnassia.png (13 KB, 428x401) Image search: [Google]
Ahnassia.png
13 KB, 428x401
>>338117849
This is my opinion as well. It also makes story pretty easy, since they can explore the khajiit/bosmer warring and how they hate each other. Civil War 2.0 and minimal work.

Also we get to see more cute khajiit compared to skyrim.
>>
>>338118117
We already finished Tamriel anon.

Its called TES:Arena
>>
>>338113525
>>338113817
>>338118089
>>338118164
we need obsidian to make an es game in akavir
>>
>>338118419
and we get footjobs from cute lightly brown bosmeri girls
right
>>
>>338109427
UR BAIT FAILED
>>
Didn't Bethesda cut about half of Skyrim to meet that stupid gimmick 11/11/11 release date?

The entire Civil War questline was supposed to be much more in depth if I recall.
>>
>>338118419
are the breeds of Khajit that are just talking cats still canon?
>>
>>338107956
>implying there has been any hope for any bethesda release since the absolute travesty that was fallout 3
of course there isnt any fucking hope for another good tes game
>>
>>338109735
play skyrim first u fucking worthless 12yo real life loser, get stabbed and die faggot trash
>>
>>338115643
>writing is handled by a different studio
let kirkbride write the entire fucking game
>>
File: ScreenShot186.jpg (752 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot186.jpg
752 KB, 1920x1080
>>338118560
honestly the quest writing does seem unfinished. it's a shame that such a beautiful world is stuck with such a simplified and unfinished game. i still enjoyed it though. bethesda games are good for making your own adventures
>>
>>338118641
I guess. Unless we get another Cyrodiil turning into generic fantasy forest tier retcon with a single paragraph.
>>
>>338111787
you should stop ingesting excrement from your family asap
>>
>>338118641
So far nothing has made them NOT canon, they're just always excluded. I don't think they were even mentioned in skyrim though.

tfw no cute senche-raht girlfriend to lay on top of and listen to her purr
>>
>>338118765
I kind of want to roll a Skyrim character suddenly, perhaps using that meme that gets posted on /b/ all the time, just for the fuck of it. I gotta be in bed for work tomorrow in an hour or two though...gay.
>>
>>338118896
There was plenty I liked about Oblivion but it had hands fucking down the most boring world. I don't see how that's even up for debate desu.
>>
File: kys.jpg (147 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
kys.jpg
147 KB, 1500x1500
>>338110253
>it's a "aspie who can't handle mechanical gameplay thinks action combat in rpgs is bad" episode
>>
>>338118953
>No Khajiit family with a "housecat" that is an actual family member

Its the easiest thing in the world to add.
>>
>>338112352
It can be somewhat fixed, but you can't play as a pure warrior and have fun because the sword combat is too ass.

You need enemy ai and attack mods to help give the enemy design actual variety
that's 2 mods at most if you are being efficient

and you need a 1 or 2 magic addition mods to add magic that doesn't suck and actually has utility beyond stat buffs (like magic should in games)

That fixes the combat so long as you aren't against magic occasionally.
>>
Elder Scrolls games have literally the worst combat design out of any game.

So it will be pure trash.
>>
>>338111856
>cooking sucks even in real life
End your "life".
>>
>>338113169
>i once watched him watch his character read a book for like 2 fucking hours

Fucking kek
>>
>>338119372
i dont think so. skyrim's was serviceable by industry standards. it's not great but it's not "worst of any game".

besides, no one plays TES for the riveting combat... if i wanted riveting combat i'd play a straight action game.
>>
>>338119372
that's why morrowind is the best bethesda game since it didn't focus on combat
>>
>>338109329
>>338109646
>people who don't know what they are talking about

How come I have to argue this in every TES thread? Maybe I'll make an image macro one day.
>>
I play Skyrim to get raped to death by orc womens

Are you telling me people actually try to "play" the game itself?
>>
File: skyrim05_by_vanripper-d8lu4d3.png (285 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
skyrim05_by_vanripper-d8lu4d3.png
285 KB, 1024x576
>>338119285
Realistically, if they wanted to do khajiit breeds justice, they'd need 3 additional models. A housecat, a mid-sized cat, and a bulky cat. Adjusting the scale of all of those would cover literally every variant except for Ohmes (slightly modify bosmer facegen and add face tattoo textures) and Ohmes-Raht (use Ohmes stuff but add a tail+fur skin texture)

It really isn't that hard. Bethesda's just that fucking lazy.
>>
>>338120054
I know it's in the lore, but the multiple types of Khajiit are pretty retarded. We don't need all different types of furfags. Regular furfags are fine.
>>
>>338119560
>>338119613
what if they made good roleplaying and had good combat

what a fucking concept

The only reason they haven't had good combat is because they would need to make a new engine. Skyrim's was "serviceable" but it wouldn't take much work to make it a whole lot better.
>>
>>338107956
Pleeeaase havs good gameplay
>>
File: 1432577127817.jpg (2 MB, 1868x4350) Image search: [Google]
1432577127817.jpg
2 MB, 1868x4350
>>338120158
Take your head out of your ass for just a moment and realize it adds a lot to their culture and lore. Different breeds serve different roles in their society, and have different affinities. What happens when an Alfiq gives birth to a Senche? Are different breeds treated differently in their own society? How do men and other mer treat less humanoid breeds? Are there restrictions for certain breeds? Do they cross-breed or stick to their own?

It's a neat addition to a race that already has a lot of interesting backstory that's pretty fuckin neglected by bethesda. Why hate on it for the sake of "hurr fucking furries"?
>>
File: 1441337200944.jpg (40 KB, 569x422) Image search: [Google]
1441337200944.jpg
40 KB, 569x422
>>338120910
only if you promise to pre-order
>>
>>338120298
>they would need to make a new engine.
No you are stupid if you think that.
>>
>>338121170
they should definitely use a newer engine, gamebryo started showing its age years ago, its a fossil at this point
>>
File: 1448653763718.jpg (62 KB, 447x686) Image search: [Google]
1448653763718.jpg
62 KB, 447x686
>>338114882
>I'll be gone, Albion.
>>
>>338120971
The Khajiit are mostly annoying to me, but okay, you've clearly put a lot of thought into this and you have some interesting points.
>>
>>338107956
>Is there any hope of it being good after the abortion that was Fallout 4?
of course there is, there is just as much hope that it'll be good as there is fear that it'll be bad

As for my dreams of the next TES like >>338118419 >>338117849 have said, I want to see a game set in Elsweyr and Valenwood, it's the perfect setting in my book.
>inb4 the argument of too many assets
never stopped Bethesda before, why would it stop them now?

The inner workings of Bethesda are an enigma wrapped in a mystery
>>
>>338120990
It'd be a Monkey's Paw sort of situation even if it did. Elder Scrolls combat becomes amazing, but something else would suffer in the worst way possible.
>>
>>338122450
I've never played the games religiously, but ESO had pretty good combat from what I've played. I like it more than Skyrim.
>>
Im more hyped about Daggerfall Unity than TES 6 desu
>>
>>338122642
The four classes (not nearly enough) are way too dumbed down. Not a lot of abilities, and you're even further restricted on how many you can key. I thought they pretty much put combat on retard mode honestly.
>>
>>338115128
Shit, that would be nice
>>
File: 2015-10-18_00006.jpg (606 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-18_00006.jpg
606 KB, 1920x1080
>>338115643
>>More DLC with it's own interconnected story like New Vegas. Not the same, "new mechanic, new faction, new land" stuff they always do.
fuck that, they must return to the SI format with actual content, not just rereleasing point lookout with a bigger map
>>
>>338109427
I will agree that FO4 had great art direction. That's one thing I think Bethesda did well with when they acquired the rights to the game. I like their version of the setting as far as aesthetic goes. That being said, Bethesda doesn't really handle anything else right with the property and I'd like to see another Obsidian attempt with FO4's engine.
>>
>>338107956
I don't care what area they decide to do their next elder scrolls in I just want Oblivion remastered.
>>
If they ever do something as inventive as morrowind they'll have me back as a customer, but we all know that won't happen.
>>
>>338121278
>they should definitely use a newer engine
Why?

>gamebryo started showing its age years ago, its a fossil at this point

I don't think you know how engine development works.

The underlying technology is just a collection of libraries which can and have been updated into 2016. Do you think Unreal Engine should stop it's use because it's older than Gamebryo?

Gamebryo still has features that aren't built into Unity, Unreal Engine, Frostbite and Crytek\Lumberyard.

It is rarely the fault of an engine that a game is shit, especially in Bethesdas case.
>>
>>338107956
>Is there any hope of it being good

maybe if they give it to another developer

I want something on par with dark souls for the combat at a bare minimum

or else just have someone like Naughty Dog make a walking sim with better story and graphics and technology

anything but shitty bethesda engine again
>>
>>338123520
In my dream ESO game there are no set classes. Every player picks some major skills that dictate how you play with later content allowing you to pick up some minor skills to expand your character. I always thought the set classes in ESO were lame. Why am I playing a Dragonknight? What the fuck even is that?
>>
>>338124868
Yeah I think that's what we all wanted. Did they just think it would be too hard to balance the open system in an MMO?
>>
>>338123520
I just meant the mechanics of fighting itself. Seemed less flaily.
>>
>>338109409
>it's actually one skill
>better pick a race thats proficient at it
>>
>>338112724
>a think
>>
>>338125429
>race
I want to believe that's going to be the one thing stopping voiced player character from ever becoming a thing in Elder Scrolls. I want to believe having so many races available for that many lines of dialogue will dissuade Bethesda from blowing time and money on it.
>>
>>338115805
Just play another game you dumb shit
>>
>>338124868
Except the game is pretty much how you described. Picking a class means literally nothing in ESO. 70% of the skills earned are global, any one can earn them no matter what class. You can go Sorcerer and still be a tank, you can be a Nightblade and still be a healer.
>>
>>338117832
You don't? I mean, you seem like a smart guy so that's kinda surprising. I do it all the time, and it works great. One time, I started a short conversation with a stranger in an elevator and had her eating of my hand within seconds! Of course, dogs tend to do that when you've got hamburger grease on your fingers lol! Listen, anon, you better throw a casual threat in your conversations if you know what's good for you. I'd hate to think what could happen to someone that doesn't act on my advice...
>>
>>338117958
Weeb
>>
>>338118425
And it's garbage
Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.