[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: THAT Part
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11
File: image.png (539 KB, 2044x1631) Image search: [Google]
image.png
539 KB, 2044x1631
As much as I love EarthBound, I start to get annoyed when I get to Peaceful Rest Valley, and I completely lose interest by the time I hit Fourside.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1440x1080
>>338104732
Pretty much this whole game.
>>
>>338104732
>>338105317
samefag
>>
Getting the sniffles and exploding trees were the main bummer of that area, especially if you use PSI for a lot of the enemies and can't do a simple heal.
>>
>>338104732
Quit the game for a year after I got to this part.
>>
>>338105469
For me it's
>colds
>lack of PP if used to treat every cold you get OR rock enemies to death
>lack of inventory space due to shit like the ATM Card, Sound Stone, all your Equips, and Pencil Eraser starting to pile up
>fucking homesickness
>>
most of the vehicle sections in The Wonderful 101.
>>
File: 1461205699267.png (52 KB, 315x344) Image search: [Google]
1461205699267.png
52 KB, 315x344
>>338105317
>Hating the second best Paper Mario after the original

I don't believe your lies. I don't believe them for a second, anon!
>>
>>338104732

Xenoblade Chronicles man, right at the end.

Game was decently paced with lots of missions to do to keep you leveled and distracted from the grind. Comes to the last couple of bosses that are over leveled and have to backtrack a bunch to grind on rando mobs in different areas.

I havent touched it in like 2 months because of it.
>>
The 2nd half of Bravely Default made me drop the game and I haven't played it since. Is the 2nd game any better?
>>
>>338106526
It's infinitely worse writing wise, and uses most of the same map and locations with a handful of extra dungeons with switch puzzles layered in. I'd recommend avoiding it at all costs
>>
File: creepy blowup doll.webm (2 MB, 508x480) Image search: [Google]
creepy blowup doll.webm
2 MB, 508x480
>>338104732
Act 2 in Dead Island
The Forest in Secret of Evermore
Strat 2 in Etrian Odyssey 1/Untold
Rainbow Road
Manaan in KOTOR
The difficulty spike in Secret of Mana between the 8th seed and the old mana tree forest
the docks/sea areas in Pokemon Red/Blue
That one shooting game where you lose all your equipment for reasons
Sabin/Cyan/Shadow/Gau's scenario in early FF6
The magnetic elf faggot in FF4 where you cant use metalic weapons
Any desert in any Zelda game ever
The judges in FF12
Drawing new magic in FF8
level 40-50 in classic everquest
being forced to play as Lana in Hyrule Warriors
being 20 puzzles short of advancing in any layton game
that moment where you start up any senran kagura game and realize you have not yet masturbated that day
>>
Its a perennial answer to these threads but "The Fade" in Dragon Age: Origins. Its just an overwhelmingly long and tedious section that gamewise occurs almost entirely in a vacuum.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 885x552) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 885x552
>>
>Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge
The boss fights because they are damage sponges compared to the bosses from the past games.

>Resident Evil Revelations
Final boss. Fuck that thing. Takes way too many hits to kill and you run out of ammo when he is near death.
>>
File: Chapter_2[1].png (515 KB, 1008x1015) Image search: [Google]
Chapter_2[1].png
515 KB, 1008x1015
>>338104732
This map. Fuck this map.

>needs to rush the fuck out in the beginning and pray that neither Raquesis nor one of her three paladins die
>said three paladins have a super aggressive AI and will rush to their death if Raquesis gets closer to the enemy. You want them alive because of the Knight ring
>bandits spawn as soon as turn 2 and start plundering the villages in the forest. You need to rush and seize the first chapter to make Lewyn and Sylvia spawn in there so they can kill the brigands
>boss has Pavise, meaning it's up to the RNG if you can kill him quickly
>Arden has to get the Pursuit ring halfway across the map with his 5 move
>the village that contains the Bargain Ring is the first one that gets attacked, giving you until turn 7 tops to make sure that brigand is dead
>fucking backtracking to get to the middle castle after you seize the northeastern one
>you need to be careful to not have Beowulf murder himself on one of your units
>Fury spawns and tries to seize your base castle, meaning Lewyn has to be Returned to there to recruit her
>Lewyn can actually die or end up killing Fury if you're not careful
>fucking ballistae in the middle castle
>boss with Sleep Staff will hit someone because Deirdre can't get in his range to silence him else the ballistae murder her, rendering one of your units useless for four turns
>final stretch has ballistae and like 20 horse units cantoing you to death unless you have some really bulky Cuan and Lex to do the work for you

And all this while you get Raquesis as close to level 20 so she can promote in the next chapter's arena so you can have an easy time talking with Eldigan. Fuck this chapter, it's not even bad per see, it's actually cool how much stuff it has happening and how it makes you actually rush, but all the little RNG events here and there add for a really annoying experience that's a chore to even remember.
>>
>>338106943

Sabin's scenario is one of the best parts of that game. You shut your whore mouth.
>>
>>338104732
but fourside is one of the best parts

everything post-summers (except for magicant and the last dungeon) is totally forgettable
>>
Peaceful Rest Valley isn't that bad, rolling HP makes the exploding trees less deadly while you mash your way through the text. I think the game picks up after getting to Threed personally.
>>
File: 1460122547617.png (151 KB, 449x442) Image search: [Google]
1460122547617.png
151 KB, 449x442
>>338106943
>hating the Arbiter Grounds in Twilight Princess
>>
>>338104732
Apart from the intro, Resident Evil 5 was pretty much "THAT PART: The game"
>>
File: 1462247932195.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1462247932195.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>Trees are incredibly strong and just say fuck you and kill you when they die or take off all your health
>The fucking common cold whittles your HP away and PP if you use it to heal
>Ness lost the will to fight
Game design at its finest
>>
>>338109236
Holy shit it's been ten years and I still have PTSD from that map. I became a savestate savant in that game because of that chapter.
>>
Route Kanal
>>
File: December 2009 - tomkat studio.jpg (153 KB, 1600x1236) Image search: [Google]
December 2009 - tomkat studio.jpg
153 KB, 1600x1236
>>
>>338111113
To be fair you could save every turn in FE4, so they actually expected you to do that.
>>
Blighttown
>>
File: CLOPPING INTENSIFIES.jpg (276 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
CLOPPING INTENSIFIES.jpg
276 KB, 1600x900
Everything in the final level from the bugs coming out of the walls section onwards.
>>
>>338111729
Never was that much of a problem for me. Towards the bottom I just said fuck it and ran and jumped down to the ground and made it.
>>
>>338111729

Blighttown was tedious, but thinking back I actually really enjoyed it for what it was. It really gave a real challenge beyond simply "be better than the enemies you are fighting."
>>
>play Digital Devil Saga
>get as far as the Jataryu/Garuda fight, which of course is like right near the end
>so tired of the game at that point that I just quit
>a year later
>get back on
>beat them
>trudge my way to the seven-headed snake dude
>manage to beat him with good strategy
>get to final boss
>first two forms are pushover
>turns out I was too underleveled for the final form
>at this point just really want to quit
>figure I might try to grind a little just so I can finish and get the bonuses for DDS2
>start grinding
>realize I have officially exhausted all the effort that I am willing to put into the game at this point
>straight-up delete my saves
The higher points in that tower were just fucking annoying.
>>
>>338106943
>The magnetic elf faggot in FF4 where you cant use metalic weapons
Fuck that cave and fuck that elf.
>>
The first two hours of any recent Rockstar game
The castle in RE4
Tails/Eggman levels in Sonic Adventure 2
"Fly me to the moon" in New Vegas
That QTE near the end of Shenmue II when you and Ren are following that bitch
Knife fight in RE4. RE4s actually got quite a few of "those" parts
All of Half Life 2: Episode One
>>
File: 1459892869325.jpg (53 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1459892869325.jpg
53 KB, 480x640
>>338104732

Sounds like ya don't love Earthbound.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.