[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what was the general consensus on this game? It's shit right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
So what was the general consensus on this game? It's shit right?
>>
well they blew the whole desmond storyline so black flag fully embraced that ''shit we need to get away from the usual schtick for a while.''
>>
according to my personal consensus, it's shit.
>>
>>338103816
its not asscreed
just that alone makes it better than the other games
>>
>>338103816
It's fun but still a blatant cop out to pump life into a dying series
>>
>>338105034
Except AC2 and Brotherhood were better.
>>
>>338105237
better asscreed game
yes
if you want an assassin game
play AC2 or brotherhood
if you want a nice pirate game
play black flag
>>
Pirate sections are amazing
Assassin sections are boring
Outside the animus sections are fucking awful. Even worse than they used to be.
>>
File: 1446078673740.jpg (54 KB, 566x516) Image search: [Google]
1446078673740.jpg
54 KB, 566x516
>dat sea shanties
>>
>>338103816
brotherhood and 2 were my favorites, this one is in third place imo. definitely the best one since the series turned to shit with 3.
>>
>>338103816
actually a lot of /v/ really liked black flag
probably the best entry in the series next to brotherhood
>>
It's fucking great dude.
>>
>>338105697

>their ship was their coffin and their grave it was the sea
>>
Kinda like AC 2 in a way it's much better because the previous game was bad.

I didn't like sailing in 3 but black flag was enjoyable. Probably the shanties
>>
i dont even consider it an ass creed game and that's the best part. i just wish ubi committed to it as a new ip instead of taking what was clearly a nice little pirate game and slapping on the stupid plot to find another device from twcb. then they had to go and add the dumb as fuck modern plot as an advertisement for montreal. its a case of what could have been that just leaves you feeling like you were robbed of what could have been a really good game.
>>
File: maryread_draw.png (514 KB, 806x675) Image search: [Google]
maryread_draw.png
514 KB, 806x675
>>338105697
Hi-Ho Come Roll Me Over and Homeward Bound is GOAT
>>
>>338103816
Nah man it's great, it was the first real major pirate game in fucking forever and a great one at that.

>>338105557
I disagree, the fact that you have land/assasin parts of the game mixed in with the open seas - and outside of those mandatory main quests you're free to do whichever one of those you enjoy more made it really fun. If it was JUST sailing around and fighting other ships & fortresses it would have been good but quickly repetitive.
>>
>>338103816
Best AC behind 2 because of how much it kept away from all the "wacky ancient alien" bullshit. It's a legitimately fun pirate game and hunting for shanties for the crew to sing is a great step up from the boring ass Almanac pages from 3.

It restored my faith a bit after how abysmal 3 was, but I still haven't gotten around to playing any of the games after it since it feels like a decent one-off finale for the series if that makes any sense.
>>
I loved everything about it except the most story missions (be forewarned, at least half of them are tailing missions). Still a great game though.
>>
>>338105034
>assassin's creed IV isn't an asscreed game
Elaborate.
>>
All AssCreeds are shit because the gameplay is inherently shit, but at least the pirate theme is cool which makes me like it more than the others.
>>
>>338103816
awesome pirates game
bad asscreed
>>
>>338103816
Pros

>pirate ship battles
>cruisin the open seas
>whale hunting
>exploring
>underwater wrecks
>seaside shanty towns
>Edward isn't a total wad

Cons
>trailing missions
>forced stealth
>clumsy controls
>out of animus gameplay
>the story is terrible
>assassin missions

Overall 8/10
What's fun is really fun. There's definitely shitty parts to it but it's overshadowed.
>>
>>338106901
Most of the dumbass background plot is absent and Edward isn't an official Assassin. He just lifts the suit off a dead one and masquerades as him to get close to some pirate booty. The plot opens up a bit more later in the game but feels mostly contained and without too much outside influence from other AC games. Even the present day counterpart is just some no name Abstergo employee testing out a pirate game.
>>
So which Legendary Ship gave you the most trouble? I'm going with the twin ships (or whatever they were called). Beating the first ship was always easy, but the second one would immediately get super-aggressive and wreck my shit.
>>
The boat minigame gets old after a few hours

Once your off the boat its the worst AC game, decent protagonist though
>>
>>338106901
you're a pirate for 90% of the game
>>
>>338107210
More like

Pros
>Pirate game

Cons
>Ubisoft Assassins Creed game
>>
>>338107504
the only bullshitty one was el impoluto because it could go 900mph and turn on a dime and was the only one that you couldn't ass rape with chain and ram
>>
>>338107504
I was more disappointed by the fact I couldn't capture them. Stick the title "Legendary" on something in game and there's a good chance I'll want to own it, especially since capturing ships was a big part of battles and making money with trade routes.
>>
>>338107547
>The boat minigame

You mean that thing where you have to battle for trade routes and manage your fleet?

I really loved that desu
>>
>>338103816
It was pretty fun but this game is when the modern day story line started going to complete shit.
Being in a boat was fun but it seemed like all of the land missions were just "stalk or chase this guy"
>>
Assassins Creed has always sucked.
>>
>>338110346
I actually really like the series from Black Flag onwards, you get Pirate gimmick, much more fun freerunning (unity) and then more mobility and actual stealth gameplay (syndicate)
>>
>>338107892
Yes. Everything except the AssCreed part was near perfect
>>
I completely ignored the fact it was a creed game and only did the main story to unlock shit.

I've wanted a good open world pirate game for years and this is as close as I've gotten, if only the map was bigger, I wanted to set sail for India to pillage some shit.
>>
>>338112292
Also what do you guys listen to when your not enjoying the crews shanties?

http://youtu.be/6Kbv1OpIpaA
>>
>>338107504

The twins gave me some trouble, the trick is to get both of them to low health before killing one, when the other goes "full power fuck you" you just need one or two shots to kill the damn thing.

Impoluto was a nightmare, once he managed to lift my ship ten meters above the sea with the strength of the impact when he bashed me on the side.
>>
>>338107504
whichever one it was that had a fuckload of fireships trying to slam into your face

fuck that battle
>>
>>338103816

I actually enjoyed the entire Asscreed series to the point where I even beat the french one (that one is legitimate shit) and this one is easily my favorite because of all the pirate shit.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.