[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clayfighter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: clayfighter box art.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
clayfighter box art.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
Why is this series forever cursed to never have another game?
>call of putty cancelled, not a peep out of interplay in terms of footage, etc.
>dsiware version cancelled, only a few screenshots from interplay
>2016 version cancelled

The games were kinda shit, but the use of claymation and the batshit crazy ideas for characters seem to be unmatched. I can't think of any weirder rosters in a fighting game- closest was Skullgirls but even that doesn't match shit like "Sumo Santa" and "Houngan" the jamaican voodoo monkey from Clayfighter.

What would make a future installment of the series (NEVER EVER) good?
>>
>2016 version cancelled

Wait, what?
>>
>>338103731
They cancelled the HD game? That's really disappointing, I have a lot of fond memories playing the first one and Sculptor's Cut as a kid. I used to love that Earthworm Jim and Boogerman were in it. Interplay really hasn't been up to much lately. I think if they just smoothed out the clunky controls and brought in some modern fighting mechanics it could at least have a cult following like the old ones. Unfortunately the game is just doomed to fail because of its art direction and oddball nature.
>>
>>338104479
http://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/324531728/#324533210
>>
>>338104479
Not OP, but a Clay Fighter dev actually dropped by /v/ a few months ago and showed footage. It looked okay. apparently the guy who owns the IP is a huge asshole, and most of the people working on it weren't get paid properly, if at all.

Oh, hey, this was the thread:
>>338104664
>>
>>338104758
Is there the footage of the game out there still? The link I looked at was dead.
>>
this series has some bad jujus attached to it.
>>
>>338104861
I was in that thread. The video was removed less than an hour after the post was made. It was Bad Mr. Frosty fighting somebody. The animation was a little clunky, but the game flowed well, if that makes any sense. The main attack being used was BMF having someone pop out of his hat while BMF said "Go get 'em, little buddy"
>>
>>338105136
>clunky animation, but good flow
That's pretty fitting. Really jerky claymation would be great.
>>
>clayfighter
>being positvely received in this day and age
are you fucking stupid? with how tumblerinas and SJWs have a deathgrasp on the video games industry, a rerelease of clayfighter would be BURIED underneath the outcry about its offensive aesthetic.

Sorry mate, but games like clayfighter are gone. Those were the cowboy days of video games, where you could make whatever you want and it was fine, but nowadays you gotta make sure nobodies feelings get hurt.
>>
>>338105281
>offensive aesthetic
the fuck you talking about? hobo cop was a canned character, and then there's kung pow, but that's it.
>>
>>338105281
What in the high holy fuck would be offensive about CLAYFIGHTER?
>>
>>338105405
>>338105432
>kung pow
>that voodoo nigger

both are easily enough to ensure the game would never see a release in the modern day
>>
>>338105575
They aren't considered "classic" characters. At the least, the guys that were in all three games were fine.
>>
>>338105136
I found this game kinda depressing as a kid for some reason, it made.my depressed, never liked that type of animation, Wallace and Gromit make me want to vomit
>>
>>338105575
I really doubt anyone is going to complain about extremely exaggerated, cartoony caricatures in a goofy, clay video game.

Er, if it was ever released, I mean. Hypothetically.
>>
>>338105835
I've found claymation a bit unnerving sometimes, but only when it's really poorly done, and it comes off as almost alien.

But when it's really fluid shit like Aardman Studios work it just reminds me of slightly more realistic cgi.
>>
Herve Caen is literally one of the worst individuals in the entire gaming industry. Why doesn't /v/ hate on him the way they do Todd Howard and SJWs and shit?
>>
>>338106394
I can only assume it's because Interplay is a C-list company right now.

Granted, it might be that guy's fault the company when to shit.
>>
>>338106394
He's not memeworthy
>>
>>338106872
It is. The only reason the company is even alive (more like on life support) right now is because he wants to sit onits IPs and just launch a bunch of half-baked attempts to reinvigorate interest, before completely abandoning those ventures when they don't get 10 million views.

Remember that Black Isle revival? I doubt anyone does.
>>
>>338105136
Did anyone reupload it?
>>
>>338106042
>But when it's really fluid shit like Aardman Studios work it just reminds me of slightly more realistic cgi.

Is that the studio behind Wallace and Gromit?
>>
>>338108990
Yup. They also did Chicken Run
>>
>>338109398
Chicken Run is literally GOAT.

>In the quite likely event of an emergency, put your head between your knees and kiss ya bum goodbye.
>>
>>338105281
>the cowboy days of video games

fuck, just reading that makes me sad because how true that is.
>>
I really want to see that footage. Fuck, I wish somebody had kept it. Can't believe I missed that thread.
>>
File: 154135252532.jpg (10 KB, 256x342) Image search: [Google]
154135252532.jpg
10 KB, 256x342
Hey, anyone remember Ballz?
>>
>>338111998
Fuck yes I do I had it on the Genesis.

Those 3D visuals were off the hook, too bad the rest of the game was a mess.
>>
>>338103731
>Why is this series forever cursed to never have another game?
>The games were kinda shit
You just answered your own question.
>>
>>338112962
There's tons of shit games that are ongoing (see 99% of mobile game cancer). I think it's just that the people at Interplay are incompetant. Or at least Herve is.
>>
>>338113410
>I think it's just that the people at Interplay are incompetant. Or at least Herve is.
It's funny because the "company" is literally Herve and 9 or 10 employees.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.