[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on dragon age inquisition /v/? Would you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: Sera.png (1 MB, 968x968) Image search: [Google]
Sera.png
1 MB, 968x968
What are your thoughts on dragon age inquisition /v/? Would you recommend playing it?
>>
>dragon age
>bioware
>games
>>>/hm/
>>>/y/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>338103631
I didnt hate it, but it didnt really feel amazing either
>>
>boring as fuck
>Yes, after playing this you'll probably be able to enjoy any game, even DA 2
>>
>>338103631
I liked it but combat was boring.
Lot of lore tho.
>>
>>338103631
Yup, it's fun. If it's on sale or you want to be assed to pirate it, give it a go m8
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-16-09-50-04.png (123 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-16-09-50-04.png
123 KB, 480x800
If you're a faggit you may enjoy it
>>
It's piratable now so yes
>>
File: 1462721241827.png (230 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1462721241827.png
230 KB, 640x360
>>338103631
Seeing that face just reminds me how shit Bioware is and how little hope there is for Andromeda.
>>
File: 1430038920710.jpg (146 KB, 728x690) Image search: [Google]
1430038920710.jpg
146 KB, 728x690
>>338104872
>tfw half excited for Andromeda
>tfw remembering the only reason I play Bioware games is for masculine romance simulation and space wizard boy scout adventures
>tfw I just know that the male love interests will be a Krogan and a nigger

regardless, Bioware never seemed to have issues *trying* to make hot women for mass effect. They just weren't very good at it unless they were 'alternative' girls like Jack and Liara
>>
>>338104568
>now
I pirated it shortly after release.
It was incredibly boring and padded out, story was shit and the gameplay was worse.
>>
>>338105230
I liked jack
>>
How would you guys say it compares to DA:O? If it's anywhere near as good, I'll probably give it a shot.
>>
>>338106029
Halfway between Origins and 2.

They fixed the shitty writing for the most part and combat is way more interesting on higher difficulties. Story still isn't as good as Origins though, and the clusterfuck amount of characters makes their individual plotlines desiring more.
>>
>>338106203
Is there wave combat?
>>
>>338106571
I only recall there being wave-style combat in the Templar path, but you're not exactly participating in it. You beat the first wave then try to run through another area and beat those enemies before the second wave comes and kills the templars you left camping out in front of a barrier.

There's also three wave combat in order to close/damage a rift, but those encounters are (mostly) optional and can be fun since demons in general have the most interesting attack patterns in the game.
>>
>>338103631
It's... Not a bad game. The combat can be grindy, and most classes are somewhat bland. The DLC that adds extra passives to skills is really helpful because it allows some different variety (Though a lot of skills are incredibly one sided) I honestly think the grinding for power is the worst part. They made it an open world game, and at times attempted to give you an air of urgency but failed.

>The Orleisan nobility is in danger, we must go save her!
>Spend 15 hours doing side quests and planting flags

I don't think it's a bad game, I just don't think it's a great game. If you have nothing else to play, or you're like me and you really enjoyed Origins, give it a try. After a few hours you'll know if you like it or not.
>>
>>338103948
Y'know, after playing DA:I I did actually end up appreciating DA2 more.
>>
It let me be racist to elves
Shit was terrible outside of that
>every decision
>those two fuckers disapprove
>all according to plan
>>
>>338106203
It's not like Origins had the most amazing story in the world anyway.
>>
>>338106029
Honestly, it's still shit compared to Origins. It feels like an offline MMORPG. Apparently the game was actually originally started as an MMO, and you can certainly see why. It also has a fucking ridiculous cellphone game-tier mechanic with the War Room where you have to wait real life time to be able to complete stuff with it, sometimes up to 5 days. Real world time.

The story is shit and none of the party members are particularly memorable. Also, the ability to actually roleplay is very limited because you always play as this military leader. So it feels silly to try and play as a rogue-y kind of character, for example.

There are no sidequests of any substance, it's all laundry-list collect-a-thons.

My recommendation: save your money.
>>
>>338108068
Of course not, but for what it was, it was well-told, which is ultimately more important.

On the other hand, 2 had the foundations for a fantastic and unique story, and it shit all over it.
>>
>>338108272
I agree on most points, but Iron Bull is one of the best characters in Dragon Age

>Doesn't give a fuck who you are or what you think, as long as you can handle your shit and do your job
>Tells the truth because he's smart enough to know it will come out eventually anyhow
>Keeps you grounded when your become the leader, so you don't forget who put you there in the first place
Has the best cutscene in the whole game after you slay your first high dragon
>>
>>338103631
Haven't played it
-visually looked unappealing
-heard it was a salvage operation from an mmo and people I talked to seem to confirm saying everything felt padded out
- a lot of the companions looked uninteresting
- heard the latest dlc is good
>>
>>338108687
I mean you're not wrong but
>I haven't played it but here's my opinion
>>
>>338103631
It's way better than DA2, ME3, and SWTOR, but it's still pretty damn awful.
>>
>>338108678

Iron Bull looked like a refrigerator with a baseball on top and his VA sounded like a small man trying incredibly hard to sound much larger than he actually is. I really couldn't take him seriously.
>>
>>338109370
Different strokes I guess. He was still better than 99% of the the rest of the cast. I did really like Cassandra too though. Once you started learning more about her she felt like a real character.
>>
File: tmp_11109-Damar,_23751934354993.jpg (100 KB, 400x393) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11109-Damar,_23751934354993.jpg
100 KB, 400x393
>>338105230
I am with you, comrade. Also Space Brothers needs another season, PURETTY DOGGU. But I seriously doubt they'd give us a krogan. There'd better be at least a couple gayliens to dick though.

I really hope they put more effort into the length and number of romance scenes. Bioware needs to realize people only play their games for waifus/hasubandos and dedicate like 75% to that shit, their combat is never fun. Except Jade Empire, but it's not like we'll ever get another one of those.
>>
The gals on the feminist video game podcast I listen to said it wasn't bad, should give it a shot soon.
>>
Don't bother. Gameplay is really bad. Story is bad. Characters are bland.

Its pretty much a dating sim for gay men, and women.
>>
>>338103631
The gameplay was bland. But it was """""ok""""" to kill some time.

I personally enjoyed some of the interactions between characters and the occasional banter.
Plus I got impaled by Bull's gigantic dick
>Sera: So, you and Bull, huh? How can you even walk?
I really enjoyed this one.

So, basically this.>>338103881
>>
>>338109667
I agree, even if we have to go back to playersexual bullshit I'd take that over the new attitude of "at least one person to represent every single sexuality on the spectrum and then some and also there are maybe three full conversations in the game" that they were mentioning at GDC.

I would love to see another Jade Empire, god damn. It's still beyond me why they seem so afraid to do something with a unique-setting game that performed pretty well sales-wise.
>>
Don't ask /v/.

They irrationally hate this this game despite not having played it.
>>
>>338110578
Nigge do you even read the thread?
>>
>>338110627
I tend not to read these threads so I can preserve my sanity.
>>
File: 1461653287598.jpg (85 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1461653287598.jpg
85 KB, 720x960
>>338103631
Good game aside from the liberal propaganda. I'm not really an RPG guy but when I played it I felt that it was definitely better than DA 2 and even Origins which I liked a lot.

I'd say play it for sure but don't even bother with Dorian's side story unless you want Daily Show style liberal indoctrination tactics.
>>
>>338110578
>>338110627
To be honest I'm sure a lot of anons are used to seeing the stream of dysentry that occupied these threads for almost a year after it originally came out. Only this year did they kind of boil down to 'meh' and casual discussion.
>>
>>338110578
Says the faggot irrationally assuming /v/ hates it without reading the thread to find out the majority are indifferent to slightly positive about it.
>>
So are there no western rpgs on the ps4 worth playing right now? Witcher 3 and DA:Cisquisition are apparently bad games.
>>
>>338111110
Witcher 3 is great. DA:I is meh but playable.
>>
File: waifu.png (438 KB, 1026x660) Image search: [Google]
waifu.png
438 KB, 1026x660
>>338111110
Only reason I somewhat liked DA:I is because I was so invested in Origins and I got to see Morrigan again.
>>
File: 1309931205133.jpg (48 KB, 555x437) Image search: [Google]
1309931205133.jpg
48 KB, 555x437
I couldn't be a massive dick like I was in Origins.
>Elf bitchboi asks me to hook him up
>"Sure thing, bro. You have my honor as a human :D"
>Cuck him hard.

>In Inquisition
>Bull shows me his band of butt-buddies
>Goes to Krem
>Transgender topic is unavoidable
>"Well at least I can be a massive-"
>Options are basically 1-Tell me more, 2-I had no idea, 3-I'm sorry I mislabeled you pleas forgive my cis privileged self =,[
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.