[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I missed all of these because I was too big of a weeb during
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 38365.jpg (215 KB, 612x364) Image search: [Google]
38365.jpg
215 KB, 612x364
I missed all of these because I was too big of a weeb during 6th gen, and I want to play one. Which one is the best series and why?
>>
Ratchet has the best consistency and accessibility, mainly because it stayed pretty much the same the whole way through.
>>
>>338102879
>totally not flame b8 guys
>>
Ratchet
>>
>>338103165
wut
>>
>>338102879
Sly Cooper 1-3 is the most consistent out of the bunch, and I prefer the characters because they build them up more than the other two. Sly 4 is a mixed bag honestly and if you include it, you should probably play R&C instead.

Rachet and Clank have a few misses, but if you are just playing mainline it should be fine. You don't really come to them for story, and after R&C1 the game play changes focusing on gun play than just straight up platforming.

Jak and Daxter I've heard mixed things, and how much different 1 to 2 is. People attribute the last two games with Naughty Dog getting into the cinematic story telling and they apparently tell decent stories, but the game play I've heard is fairly similar to a GTA after 1.

I haven't played J&D though so don't take my word for it.
>>
>>338102879
Just play all of them. They're not very expensive, especially in collections.
>>
>>338103426
Probably will, just trying to figure out which one I want to start with. I've never really heard much about Sly, but I think Sucker Punch easily had the best games in 7th gen
>>
>>338103635
http://andrew.hedges.name/experiments/random/pickone.html
Just pick one you dopey nigger
>>
>>338103376
Yeah, Jak 2 and 3 kinda expanded to a GTA-type format.
Jak & Daxter 1 is great, though. I still play through it occasionally. Simple but fun gameplay, loads of enemy types and level design, and a short, laid-back plot that doesn't take itself too seriously.
>>
>>338103635
Slys really good, though I personally didn't enjoy the second and third as much. Jak and daxter is a collectathon, but set in a cool world and is just satisfying to play in my opinion. Some people find it boring. Jak 2 and 3 went a different direction and added guns, a hub city with shitty vehicles, and a lot of artificial difficulty. I've only played the first ratchet and clank and a crack in time, both were good. It's really up to whatever you think looks cool, they're all good.
>>
>>338102879
Ratchet and Clank, because unlike the others they still actively exist.
>>
Ratchet > Sly > Jak

Jak is dogshit, through and through, and it's shocking that it ever managed to gain any fanbase.

I never understood these diehard Naughty Dog fans that act like they made anything of value before their modern stuff, and even most of that is overrated cinematic experience trash.
>>
>>338102879
You owe yourself to play Jak and Daxter, it is one of the best platformers ever made.
>>
File: 1312891895811.jpg (151 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1312891895811.jpg
151 KB, 400x400
>mfw sonyponys think their shit fur bait excuses for franchises are in any way shape or form anything other than complete and utter dirty brown water trash

Rehash bandisloot, shy pooper, ratshit and stank, ballsac and haxtar, isharted and so many other shitty franchises are complete ass and the only reason anyone thinks they're anything close to not the functional equivalent of a heaping mound of garbage is because they were the few games that took more than 20 minutes to beat among the mountain of shovel ware shit that got dumped on the wobbleststion 2 which is all you played with when you were kids because your family was to fucking poor to buy anything other than some two bit nip cuck mediocre DVD player

Fuck off faggots
>>
>>338104790
I still think isharted could be better
>>
>>338104790
What beautiful shitposting
>>
>>338104424
Jak & Daxter is a really fun platformer.
The sequels turned into edgy bullshit, though, I'll give you that.
>>
Never played R&C, but loved Jak and Sly.

Contrary to what everyone is saying, I think Jak is pretty consistently great across all three. The first is obviously different, but all three are tons of fun. Their not really that GTA-esque, you can just steal cars and there's a hub world.
>>
Jak > ratchet > sly

Tbh

Only counting first 3 of each series
>>
>>338104424
You're just a retard if you think any Crash game is bad
>>
>>338102879
R&C, all of the mailline ones are great.
Only the first J&D game is really any good.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (108 KB, 600x426) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
108 KB, 600x426
>>338105024
No.
>>
All 3 were part of my childhood but I had more fun memories with R&C all have good games though
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.