[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Re-play Far Cry 2 for the first time since release >Remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: FarCry 2.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
FarCry 2.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>Re-play Far Cry 2 for the first time since release

>Remember how annoying this game mechanic was

I'm so glad they dropped that feature in later games.
>>
>>338102475
I personally appreciated that FC2 had annoying game mechanics like this.
I feel the new ones are just flat playgrounds which care too much about being convenient and have a very shallow idea of "fun"
>>
>>338102475
Just buy your own gun.

Anyway, the original is still the best. 3 is pretty generic and BD is pretty trash except for nice visuals.
>>
>>338103152

>3 is pretty generic
>the first game was literally a mad scientist creating genetically modified monsters on an island
>>
>>338102998
That's true, I felt like I had to plan my attacks more in the first two games because you couldn't just run into a settlement and start shooting without getting into trouble. The newer games are a lot more casual and you basically become invincible midway through.
>>
>>338103684
Makes me wonder why they stuck with 3's gameplay for all the new FC games now, when you compared the original all the way to 3, they were all unique in their own way. Was sort of the beauty of it.
>>
>>338102475
Keep your shit clean and we won't have problems
>>
>>338103964
yeah, i think they just found a formula with which they can more easily just take a big terrain, put little settlements randomly around on it, and structure a game story into it, without having to think about game design that much
>>
>>338103152
>BD is pretty trash except for nice visuals.
HELP!
I'm falling for this bait. I NEED HEEEEEELP
>>
>>338104492
It's not bait, it's the worst Far Cry gameplay-wise, the enemies are worthless except for dragons, then you auto-level-up a few times and even the dragons are.
>>
>>338104453
Didn't they even copy the map from one of the games and used it in primal?
>>
>>338104571

It was too meme-y for my liking, I get that it was a cheesy interpenetration of 80's action flicks but it just reeked of suits going "hey people like that song from predator right?! Wouldn't that be awesome!?"
>>
>>338104590
yeah i think they took the terrain from fc4 and altered it a bit. but it works for the game, which in my opinion is a problem with far cry. the map of the games is just sort of arbitrary, they don't really do very much real level design at all. it's just an arbitrary terrain they plop stuff down on
>>
>>338102475
Couldn't disagree more. That feature was refreshing to me.
>>
File: 1453957300266.jpg (49 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1453957300266.jpg
49 KB, 700x525
>Still no DLC announced for Primal

Those fuckers better add some dinosaurs.
>>
>>338103152
the original forced you into stealth segments even though stealth mechanics didn't even exist in the game
>>
I don't know what happened, far cry 2 had some really interesting features that they just decided to forget about in later games. It used this new fire engine that worked really well, you could do things like shoot down trees, and the weapon jamming.
>>
>>338105225
>the original forced you into stealth segments
It literally never did that except for having to run past one (ONE) guard in the tutorial before you get Deagle.
>>
>>338103152

The original will always have a special place, I bought my very first graphics card and upgraded my pc just to play it.
>>
>>338102475
I don't recall weapon jamming happening that frequently, but I also bought my own guns and stopped by the armory between missions. The whole malaria thing is also overblown, I'd see threads pop up on here about how annoying it was before my first playthrough and I anticipated it making the game almost impossible to enjoy, but so long as you kept those shots on you (which wasn't hard to do), it was never really a problem aside from the occasional flash/blur effect on your screen. I've only played 1 to BD, but 2 is my favorite by far. It's plenty flawed, but it's one of the most immersive games I've ever played and the survival mechanics really added to that.
>>
>>338105921
Oh yeah, the fire spread and overall destructibility/tessellation in 2 was much more impressive than in the later games. Chucking a grenade inside a hut never got old.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.