[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Interesting little know facts about vidya. Michael Jackson
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: sanic.jpg (117 KB, 550x280) Image search: [Google]
sanic.jpg
117 KB, 550x280
Interesting little know facts about vidya.

Michael Jackson collaborated on a few Sonic 3 tracks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_3#Michael_Jackson.27s_involvement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1_mNirAgC0
>>
>Little known
>that

Anyway, the US version of NMH was originally going to allow Travis to kill people with his bike. One of the play testers (Who's one of the superbestfriends) said they should change it because it may be too violent.
>>
GTA: Vice City was originally going to be DLC for GTA 3. However, at one Vice City got so fleshed out they figured they should just release it on it's own. There were plans to have Claude be able to travel between Liberty and Vice City by plane, with the plane trip taking place as a disk swap screen. There were plans to release both disks together in a combo pack as GTA 3 and Vice.
>>
>>338100510

That's not little known, but what is, is that the demos for the music were high fidelity.
>>
File: 1349682484534.jpg (112 KB, 460x344) Image search: [Google]
1349682484534.jpg
112 KB, 460x344
>>338100510
>little known
You can't even bring up Sonic 3's music without people chiming in over Michael Jackson.
>>
>>338100939
>>338102675
>>338103084

Oops.

How about this creepy sign in California Speed?
>>
>>338100510
"Little known" would be mentioning that Marty Freidman (Megadeth's longest tenured lead guitarist) was a session musician for Sonic and the Black Knight.
>>
File: calispeed.png (356 KB, 591x437) Image search: [Google]
calispeed.png
356 KB, 591x437
>>338103407
haha fuck
>>
>>338100510
i see, so the game is dead along with mj....
>>
File: Stupid Sexy Cyberdemon.png (290 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Stupid Sexy Cyberdemon.png
290 KB, 480x480
I wouldn't say it's a little known fact, but in Doom when you grab the berserk power-up it actually lasts the entire map rather than just the time that the screen is red. It's a common misconception, if anything.
The original clay model for the Mancubus has three pairs of nipples, but the boobs and nipples only look like pixelated flabs of fat in-game.
To an extent of technicality, Doomguy's original name was Buddy DACOTE (Dies At Conclusion Of The Episode) and each episode was going to focus on a different character's perspective.
Those are just three interesting Doom facts that come to mind.
>>
Hedgehogs are a real animal.
>>
File: Art_14.jpg (156 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
Art_14.jpg
156 KB, 500x376
Perhaps not little known (but no less fascinating to me.)

The first draft of Resident Evil 2 was scrapped halfway through production because the director didn't like how things were turning out.

That first draft included pic related, who was later replace by Claire, making her related to Chris from the first game to tie them together a bit more neatly.
>>
>>338103670
>but in Doom when you grab the berserk power-up it actually lasts the entire map rather than just the time that the screen is red.
Was this in all versions, or just early ones? That's really misleading.
>>
>>338103883
They made the right call. The real characters are way more interesting than the old designs that looked like they came straight out of a light-gun arcade game or something.
>>
In Sonic Heroes, when you point the camera towards Rouge, she will wink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7YwfAaJMM
>>
>>338104048
It's all version, IIRC, even the shit ports have it that way. Most, if not all, new players will think the super strength goes away once the screen fades back to normal, but it will be active once you pick up the berserk pack until you finish the map. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but you can spot the difference between a new and seasoned player if they know about that little fact.
>>
>>338104864
One of many ways, really. Another is if they understand how the BFG works. Because it is also really misleading, and super nuanced.
>>
File: 1457456623340.jpg (91 KB, 600x768) Image search: [Google]
1457456623340.jpg
91 KB, 600x768
>>338104864
Even if they changed nothing else, replacing Eliza was a good choice.

I don't want to live in world without this qt.
>>
File: 1232751124249.gif (311 KB, 232x176) Image search: [Google]
1232751124249.gif
311 KB, 232x176
>>338105140
Claire is incredible, and a heart-stoppingly cute in the movie.
>>
>>338105125
Ah, true that, don't know why I didn't think of that earlier. Watching that Doom tourney a few years back (I think it was at Quakecon or something) and seeing how the players used the BFG was a good eye-opener for me. Most people don't know about the tracers and the range damage, but knowing how it works makes the BFG all the more powerful.
Another fun fact: the Cyber Demon is the second fastest demon in the classic Dooms, with the Archvile being the fastest.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.