[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/, I'm currently looking for a new GameCube controller
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: hori classic controller.jpg (26 KB, 522x355) Image search: [Google]
hori classic controller.jpg
26 KB, 522x355
/v/, I'm currently looking for a new GameCube controller to use for playing Super Smash Bros For Wii U. However, I've gotten so used to practicing on the 3DS, that I now prefer playing the game with the face buttons in a diamond position rather than the typical GameCube positioning. I would use the Wii U Pro Controller, but I don't like the face buttons being on the bottom right instead of the top right. The only thing I've been able to find that fits what I'm looking for is pic related, Hori Classic Controller. All the listings for it I can find online are 80 bucks or more though. Is there any other type of GameCube controller that looks like this?

And yes, I know I could just use my 3DS, but not all tournaments will allow 3DS controllers to be used. It'd be nice for me to be able to use whatever controller I end up finding (like pic related) for playing Melee too.
>>
>>338099523
Just use the Wii classic controller.

Or, for a better alternative, play Melee
>>
>>338100075
I would, but the joystick and face buttons aren't aligned on the top like pic related. It really makes a difference, the classic controller feels awkward to play with
>>
>>338101681
stop being such a pussy. i went from gamepad to gamecube to pro controller, and i adapted. if you can't adapt you're shit at the game anyway and you should quit
>>
>>338103825
>stop being such a pussy. you don't need a baseball bat to play baseball! I used a golf club and it worked just fine!
>>
>>338099523
Here's some advice. NEVER BUY THIRD PARTY CONTROLLERS! They are shit. The controller you posted is probably shit too.

Just buy an official controller and practice with it a bit to get used to it. Smash Wii U has the option to customize your control scheme and save them to an individual nametag if you need to.
>>
>>338104310
no, more like
>stop being such a pussy, you don't need a $10,000 bat customized just for you that will give you 2% better performance. just adapt to the standards like everyone else snowflake
>>
>>338105196
>that lost 2% ends up costing them the world series
>>
>>338105548
>implying OP has any amount of skill in this game
he plays on the fucking 3ds
>>
Why the fuck are you asking for a controller if you already posted a pretty good alternative for your shitty conditions? I mean, just pay those 80 bucks if that is what you really need
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.