[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Splatoon was one of the only fresh new IP's Nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
>Splatoon was one of the only fresh new IP's Nintendo even released for the Wii U and they've essentially already abandoned it
>tfw we'll have to wait for Spla2n on the NX to ever get more singleplayer content or playable Octolings or more types of inkling customization or full map rotations and mode playlists

Did they just decide to stop caring about one of their only good new ideas they've had in years out of laziness, or did they intentionally leave it lacking so they could capitalize with the inevitable sequel as an NX launch title to draw people in to their next big fumble?
>>
>>338097142
>essentially abandoned it
Nigger what? They're getting new amiibo and more weapons still
>>
>>338097142
That game was severely lacking in the content department.
The Wii U failed, they will surely be leaving it behind and be putting their effort into trying to make the NX succeed from here on out.
Its pretty safe to say they will make a sequel on the NX.
>>
>fresh
>>
>>338097256
I think OP means the WiiU, Nintendo is milking splatoon like no tomorrow.
>>
>>338097256
>more weapons
m8 it's literally just reskins of the exact same weapon with different subweapons because for some reason they thought it was a good idea to lock them into sets instead of allowing you to pick what you want
>>
when those hackers unlocked the ability to play as octolings I was so sure we were going to get them in the big final content patch before they stopped the updates

why did I let myself get so foolishly optimistic
>>
>>338100185
>what is balance
>>
All I wanted was to be able to switch out weapons while waiting in the lobby so you don't accidentally get a team of all splatrollers or some shit, but I guess that would be ~unfair~
>>
File: 1hw62Cu.jpg (106 KB, 800x757) Image search: [Google]
1hw62Cu.jpg
106 KB, 800x757
>>338097142
Gay Squid Girls! Gay Squid Girls!
>>
The single player is pretty good too.
>>
>>338103591
Too bad it's so fucking short and you have to buy physical DLC in the form of amiibos to even be able to do the different-weapon challenges
>>
File: Forbidden Love.jpg (524 KB, 1280x999) Image search: [Google]
Forbidden Love.jpg
524 KB, 1280x999
>>338097142
>>
>>338097142
>they've essentially already abandoned it
How do you guys manage to say things like this without convincing yourself you're not retarded?
>>
>le playable octolings
Literally on the same level of retarded bullshit as people who want a Pokemon MMO
>>
>>338097142
>they've essentially already abandoned it
What do you gain from lying?
>>
>>338104765
>a playable race compared to a new genre for an established IP
>>
>>338103591
I really like how you start the single player by following that dude into the manhole, splatoon hub is comfy as fuck
>>
>>338097142
>Nintendo budgets $X for development of new IP despite risks
>Budget includes not only launch, but a year's worth of regular updates and support
>Nintendo does everything they planned on doing
>Nintendo is evil

I can't tell if you're being ironic because le 4chan or if you're actually an idiot.
>>
>>338104772
No more new maps, Octolings canned, nothing new to look forward to other than a couple weapon reskins and whatever dumb new splatfests come up until the kids stop caring about them
>>
>>338104765
>hackers have already made them playable
>would have been comparatively simple to polish them up and add them into the game in some way
>somehow is on the same level as people demanding a several-million-dollar MMO
>>
>>338105270
>Octolings canned
When did they say or indicate they were planning on making them playable?
>>
>>338105368
>Comparatively simple
>Every hat has to be modified to accustom the octoling hair
>>
>>338097142
>and they've essentially already abandoned it
nigger what are you talking about
Splatoon is most certainly getting a sequel
>>
milf squids when
>>
>>338105556
>give them unique hats
>don't let them use the squid hats
Fixed, and gives them more DLC opportunities
>>
>>338105270
>No more new maps
You expected infinite maps until the end of time? They said they released all the maps they intended to.
>Octolings canned
Provide citations that playable octolings were ever planned.
>nothing new to look forward to other than a couple weapon reskins
Which is more than they promised. They literally went back and added more shit than they said they would just to keep you happy, and here you are whining.
>>
ITT: Defensive Nintoddlers
>>
>>338105741
Can you imagine if they restricted playable Octolings to be unlocked via an Octoling amiibo? They'd rake in so much money from being so morally bankrupt.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.