[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this series is officially dead, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
So this series is officially dead, right?
>>
MoH Frontlines was the first gaem I ever played
>>
>>338095337
Pacific Assault was my first.

Also, yes. Series is totally dead
>>
Yes.

2010 reboot failed so hard it killed the series.
>>
>>338095452
no. Warfighter killed it
>>
>>338095337
>>338095435

Fucking underage fucks it smells like piss in here
>>
>>338095452
The reboot did decent.
>>
>>338095528
I didn't know Warfighter existed until now.

They held up the 2010 reboot as this big worthy rival to CoD at the time and it was dogshit.
>>
Which one was the ww2 game where you stormed the beach on that one level? Was that even moh?
>>
>>338095567
Well you're a bigger one
>>
>>338095645
Allied Assault. Frontlines. etc.
>>
>>338095645
allied assault

worst level was sniper towm
>>
>>338095228
I genuinely enjoyed MoH's (2010) campaign. The multiplayer was decent too
>>
>>338095639
The reboot did well. Warfighter was garbage and didnt meet EA's ridiculous sales quotas. They wanted to alternate Battlefield and MoH releases each year
>>
>>338095228
Yea it's dead shame I use to play the moh on ps1 and ps2 all the time underground was great... if I'm remembering correctly
>>
>>338095645

is this bait or are people here actually not educated enough to know the invasion of normandy
>>
>>338095567
How old do you think I was when I got my hands on it? It wasn't like I had a ps2 controller the moment I exited the womb.
>>
Good fucking riddance, it killed the FPS genre.
>>
File: 321#3123#123#.jpg (25 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
321#3123#123#.jpg
25 KB, 620x387
>>338095972
>People now have to know in wich MOH the invasion of normandy takes place or they are uneducated

2016 folks

we wuz kangs and MOH historical teachings
>>
>>338096220
Bait. CoD killed the FPS genre.
>muh ironsights
this one is ok
>take cover to heal
>"cinematic" campaings
>shit fanbase
>>
>>338096292

well no, my issue is that he said "stormed the beach on that one level"

like yeah, just "that beach" that fucking d-day took place on, no biggie
>>
>>338096563
Or I just said "stormed the beach" because it's fucking obvious what I'm asking about.
>>
>>338096528

CoD atleast controlled well and are polished games, the new medal of honor games were just a mess in every sense
>>
File: MoH_Airborne_cover_PC_DVD.jpg (26 KB, 256x324) Image search: [Google]
MoH_Airborne_cover_PC_DVD.jpg
26 KB, 256x324
WHY WON'T IT WORK IN WINDOWS 7

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>338096176
you're probably in your very early 20s or late teens which means you are literally cancer.
>>
>>338096703
But MoH was actually fun to play.
>>
>>338096823
>HAHA I WAS BORN BEFORE U
>>
>>338096774
You have to install a legacy Physx driver. This worked for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv_GP3Ar4fo

Underrated game btw.
>>
>>338095228
My first MoH and one of my first FPS games was Rising Sun. Looking back it was the definition of mediocre, but goddamn I had fun. The intro at Pearl Harbor was intense.
>>
File: slav.png (108 KB, 273x252) Image search: [Google]
slav.png
108 KB, 273x252
>>338096528
>Thinks CoD 2 is what killed it
>Not Allied Assault and the million 'me-too' pieces of shovelware that followed.
>Everything is just some plagiarized bullshit ripping off of whatever recent WW2 movie came out at the time, like enemy at the gates.
>Gameplay is slow, casual bullshit
>The same settings, set-piece battles, factions, and equipment literally regurgitated over and over for a decade.
>Everything looks and plays almost exactly the fucking same
>This just continues on and on because casuals keep paying these lazy companies millions of dollars because they get to pretend to be SUPER COOL OPERATORS xD
>Modern is just a reskin
>Consolebabbies now ass-blasted about it going into the future because things are slowly starting to speed up and be more than just 'regenerating health cover shooter iron sights whack a mole'; Even if only by a little, and still casual and easy as fuck.
>One small trickling of an actual arena shooter has them scrambling to pre-order BF1
>>
>>338096985
yes i was, and that makes me better than you because your generation is full of redditors and cucks who wouldn't know a good video game if it slapped them in the face.
>>
>>338096938

The new ones? i dunno man, shit was pretty boring

CoD was actually pretty great up until MW3, WaW, CoD 2 and 4 are all fantastic games imo
>>
>>338097107

>full of redditors and cucks

holy shit dude you're on this site a little much
>>
>>338097107
What makes a good video game?
>>
>>338097286

*too much

i just woke up
>>
File: 1449989145433.png (84 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
1449989145433.png
84 KB, 319x319
>>338096985
Good job at proving his p-
>>338097107
>cucks

Forget it.
>>
>>338097110
The new MoH games are shit and the modern CoD's were better, I agree with you. But nothing beat the older MoH games imo.
>>
>>338097107
I'm glad you feel superior about something literally nobody in history has had control over
>>
>>338097490

Agreed, the first MoH and allied assault are some of my favourite shooters ever

would love to see a new WW2 medal of honor that has some form of co-op, some brothers in arms type stuff
>>
>>338095228
>Last MoH game
>Was going to feature REAL gritty look at modern day way in the middle east
>At the last moment worried they might offend someone and censor / change the game
>Is literally just a dumb CoD clone

Oh boy. MoH was a pretty cool series for a while. The early entries are pretty unique that they feel like a lot of love went into them. The different missions, the real, at the time anyway, feeling of the weapons and the sounds. And most important that fucking soundtrack, for a western game was high tier. Sadly as CoD continue to get more popular, they chose to go for that audience, instead of being its own thing, a more real less dumb fps alternative. Battlefield had the right idea, that they've stuck with their guns and haven't tried to go full CoD, and now finally people are sick of CoD and want something different.
>>
>>338097065
Not everyone likes arena shooters anon.

Not even CLOSE to everyone likes arena shooters.
>>
>>338095228
I still remember playing with my clan on Southern France in MoHAA. Time flies.
>>
>>338095228
I actually replayed Pacific Assault recently because it was free on Origin. It help up surprisingly well. I do not remember those action set pieces being as good as they are.
>>
>>338098052
Yes. I know. Casuals like slow whack-a-mole zero-tension games.

I mean if you're going to be a weenie and play a game in a setting with a low skill threshold like 'historical' shooters, at least play one that throws some level of difficulty into the act of running around shooting people. If it's going to be slow, make it difficult to aim, make recoil realistic, make players have to actually account for more than just 'point and click'.

The only decent historical shooter-type game is brothers in arms.
>>
>>338098398

Not every game needs to be difficult anon, as much as your elitist ass likes to think otherwise
>>
>>338098308
remember to turn on ragdoll, shadows etc in the config files in My Documents or whatever.
>>
>>338098398
as much as I like Brothers in Arms, including the ridiculous weapon sway
pull the stick out of your ass man
>>
>>338098398
Okay? Can you point out an actual flaw in something not being hyper realistic or hyper-arcade, other than them being "casual"?

And why is a game being "casual" bad anyways? If I want to plop down and blow things up with a tank in Battlefield without bunnyhopping everywhere, or bleeding to death from a single piece of shrapnel launche dby an explosion 300 feet away, does that somehow mean I'm playing less of a game than Quake III?
>>
>>338097107
>Call everybody a cuck, then ragequit 4chan

Yep, that's your generation alright.
>>
>>338097010
Thanks, I'll check it out..very underrated..it's alot of fun
>>
>>338098953
Boring games with zero engagement are diversions, not entertainment. They're made for the lowest denominators with the loosest wallets, and they steadily decline the over-all quality of an entire industry as it becomes easier to shit on a plate and make millions than it is to make decent products aimed at people that have the capacity to actually apply themselves in a hobby.

It's like wanting to play basketball, but being too fucking lazy to run around a court and shoot at a difficult target while up against people trying to stop you, so you get a lawn chair and one of those short kiddie hoops, and it's so easy and gets the 'concept' done well enough that millions of retards start doing it, so no one makes any actual basketball courts anymore because faggots just want to sit alone on their yard tossing a ball five feet.
>>
>>338101608
Yeah, and some people would rather just shoot hoops with friends and play pig. Difficulty has nothing to do with enjoyment.
Maybe for you, not for everyone
>>
>>338095228

Yep, still remember running up Ohama beach as a kid. RIP.
>>
>>338096774
I loved the "cover" system in this game. A shame that it was a very, very arcadey game compared to others in the series with bulletsponges everywhere.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.