[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I just finished playing Dragon Quest VIII for the first time.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: dragonquest8-boxartfull.jpg (404 KB, 600x834) Image search: [Google]
dragonquest8-boxartfull.jpg
404 KB, 600x834
So, I just finished playing Dragon Quest VIII for the first time. It was an amazing game I never wanted to end. Its been years since I could play a game all the way through without getting bored. Are the other Dragon Quest games as good as this?
>>
>>338095090
Well they're 2D games so they don't have a huge full-scale 3D world map to explore. But aside from that they are pretty quality games.
>>
>>338095090
7 and 8 are the series' peak. You came early, friend.
>>
Why didn't they fly those fat eagles into mordor?
>>
>>338095874

Read the books. The movies fucked up basic plot points.
>>
>>338095956

I read them when I was 12, can't be bothered doing that again. Anything online sources I can read.

Also to be on topic, DQ8 was one of the best jrpgs I've played, such a great immersive world and fitting story even though it wasn't "deep".

I tried DQ7 but couldn't handle the ps1 graphics anymore.
>>
File: dq7_large.jpg (141 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
dq7_large.jpg
141 KB, 768x1024
>>338096678

Dragon Quest VII has been remade to have 3 graphics and cutscenes like Dragon Quest VIII. Though god knows when it actually gets released in the west.
>>
>>338095090
Wait for XI
It'll be the only other game like VIII
>>
>>338098373

According to Yuji Horii, Dragon Quest X is heavily inspired by Dragon Quest VIII. Just with the option to play with others on your team. Its the only MMO I want to play, but also the only MMO I can't play.
>>
>>338097332
All we have is sometime this year although I'm fairly certain it's going to be this summer.
>>
File: 18j1emfa81u85jpg.jpg (241 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
18j1emfa81u85jpg.jpg
241 KB, 960x540
10 years late

But yeah it was one of the most amazing experience. The world is very well made. Too bad they have to ruin the experience by going portable in IX

At least XI is going to come back

Play 4-5 while you're at it and wait for 7 3DS like the rest of us
>>
>>338098890

DQIX being a handheld game didn't make it bad. All the other DS DQ games were the best DS games. The problem with Dragon Quest IX would have been the same if it was a console game. Which some of those things can be seen with Ni no Kuni.
>>
>>338095090
My favorite ones are III, V and VIII.
If you want to play these, you should go for the SNES versions.
V (my favorite) is very story driven like VIII and it's very good.It also has the monster collecting mechanic like in VIII, but they are permanent party members instead of summons.
III is less story driven and the characters are actually silent. You have the hero and three more members that you choose in the beginning, like in FF 1.
Really though, I recommend you get into the series since all entries are pretty good (I and II are pretty dated though) and all have fantastic OST and stories.
>>
This game is so fucking underrated.

I fucking swear, I am like the only person in my town who knows about this game. It took me 4 months to finish this game ( i was 13, dont start bashing) and that was only the story mode, the final dragon bosses were fucking OP.

The story was amazing and had some nice plottwists, this is by far the best RPG i've played. After 8 i played the other series for handheld devices, but they are simply not the same.

Dude, this post alone just made my day, thanks OP.
>>
I don't know what part of 8 you liked, but 4 has a pretty interesting story.
>>
when the fuck is 8 coming out for the 3ds in english
>>
File: NEVER EVER.jpg (11 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.jpg
11 KB, 250x241
>>338101428
After FFXV
>>
File: 1448514238901.jpg (573 KB, 614x819) Image search: [Google]
1448514238901.jpg
573 KB, 614x819
>>338101428

Probably sometime in 2017 at the rate things are going.

>Nintendo announces the next Nintendo handheld at E3 2017
>the very next day, SquareEnix releases Dragon Quest VIII, then blame the fans for it not selling well

Welcome to hell. Enjoy being a DQ fan.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.