[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's another guy who spent hundreds of dollars and has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5
File: hearthstone.png (171 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
hearthstone.png
171 KB, 300x300
>it's another guy who spent hundreds of dollars and has a neverending stream of epic and legendary cards
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>338093851
F2P = Free-to-pay-to-win-anytime-you-want
>>
>>338093851

Because matchmaking is shit and only the memest of decks will get you beyond like rank 16
>>
Is this game fun? I refuse the touch it. It just looks like jewel quest or some other shitty puzzle game but for men.
>>
I'm that guy. Fuck you it's cheaper than MTG.
>>
>>338093965

It's a fun card game that is very easy to pick up and play but unfortunately suffers from p2w and quickly becomes not fun.
>>
>>338093965
It's one of those "pay 5 dollars or grind for 5 years to win" games, but a bunch of people refuse to admit it's pay to win because of that option to grind for 5 years, like League of Legends
>>
>>338093851

People spend money on this casual trash? There are so many cards that do random shit that I don't see how there is even a competitive scene for it.
>>
>>338094109

Unlike League of Legends, in Hearthstone you actually get a significant gameplay advantage over nonpaying players.
>>
>>338093851
The game wasn't designed for you. It was designed for whales. That's how all F2P games work.
>>
File: 1460781480088.jpg (54 KB, 349x344) Image search: [Google]
1460781480088.jpg
54 KB, 349x344
Good thing I uninstall this piece of shit, wonder how long I will last this time. fucking luddites at wizards refusing to make a proper mtg game
>>
>>338093965
Nah, it's complete and utter shit. Zero depth to it. Just place magic and forget about any other card games that exist.
>>
I stomp on legend filled decks with aggro hunger 50 percent of the time. I've spent 0 on the game.
>>
>>338093965
I think so. It's pretty straight-forward, but I don't see that as necessarily a bad thing. There seems to be some depth in creating deck synergy and besides that the game absolutely oozes polish. Plus, if you've ever played Warcraft or WoW there's a lot of nostalgia to be had.
>>
>>338095061
MtG is too hard to get into for most people.
HS is really simple to get into, plus, you don't have to wait for local events to play for prizes
>>
Anyone that wants an account on EU for 100 euros? It has all adventures and 40 legendaries, to prevent both of us getting scammed we can use playerauctions.com
>>
Just downloaded and playing through the tutorial.
Do I have to play against people after or can I just do AI games?
>>
>>338094073
> suffers from p2w and quickly becomes not fun.

As someone who played from Naxx to TGT (and a bit of LoE) Even if you have all the cards the game becomes stale and boring rather quickly. Blizzard hates any deck that requires skill and they streamline the game more and more.
>>
>>338096556
You can play VS the AI. But after a few games i'd say to play against people, the AI is shit.

Also idk why you picked up HS just now, but the game is kinda full of paywalls and cards that you will have to spend a lot of money or buy an account that aleready has a decent collection like this shill over here>>338096379, or you will grind like 4-5 months if you don't want to spend money to get a decent collection.
>>
>>338093851
>shit tons of free Old Gods cards just for logging in
>Including a free legendary
>free gold cards for disenchanting every month
>free basic pack every week

lol I could kinda see how it was pay to win when there were a shit ton of card packs and adventures to get, but they cut what you need in half. Its not nearly as bad as it was a year or two ago.
>>
>>338094142
What you don't seem to understand is that a game can be fun without being competitive.
>>
>>338096907
Just wanted something to dick around on my phone with.
Not going to pay anything for this shit.
>>
>>338097370
If you are going to play it on your phone than it's all good. With how shit phone games are HS is suprisingly a good choice.Hope you have fun m8
>>
>>338096564
>Blizzard hates any deck that requires skill
If they did they'd have done what everyone wants them to butt fucked Freeze Mage into a deserved grave
>>
>>338093965
Its like an infinitely less fun version if mtg if magic required you to buy every pack to even have a chance.
>>
>>338097634
>what is patron
>>
the daily
>I can't critically think but I need something to blame
thread
>>
>>338097634
>freeze mage takes skill
the only decks that take skill are garbage like mill rogue
>>
>>338098823
Freeze Mage is much more skillful than mill. It just isnt skillfull for your opponent to play against
>>
>>338093851
This game at its finest is drafting an arena deck with friends and arguing about the draft, mulligans and plays.
>>
>>338096564
This.

The ridiculous amount of pay or grind to win is why people play it. That or the easy money they get in tournaments or from streaming it.

Once you have all the cards you need, you quickly realize how bad of a card game it actually is.

>extremely shallow
>ideally every hero would have a few viable decks at least, but some heroes just straightup aren't even viable themselves
>within a class, their decks are almost always composed of 50% the exact same cards and the last portion of the deck is all that makes it unique
>there is literally no form of counter play: you cannot act on your opponent's turn. even secrets are triggered automatically and most can be easily countered such that they serve almost no purpose
>mana system restricts the variety and playstyles allowed and makes almost all cards worthless because you're always comparing them with other cards of their value
>tech cards are poorly designed. because of the unique snowflake system having anti-secret cards is worthless against 66% of the cast, having anti weapon cards is worthless against a little under half the cast, etc... Compare that to YGO! where the grand bulk of decks run spells, traps, monsters of various strengths. End result is that most tech cards become wasted slots
>thirty card limit on decks, two card limit on normal cards, and one card limit on legendaries just fucks the whole game up
>this combined with the extremely strict draw/deck control makes it overly reliant on RNG off draws

To elaborate on that last point, other card games like YGO! have way more deck control. Your ability to manipulate your graveyard, deck, hand, and your opponent's stuff is part of what makes that game interesting. On the flip side in HS if you're starting hand is shit after the mulligan the match is probably over already. It's sad because a lot of decks literally rely on a single card out of 30 cards as the basis for the deck.
>>
>>338098823
It doesn't look like it because of the nature of the deck, but Freeze Mage requires a lot of calculating on variables. With every turn you always have to figure out the exact maximum amount of damage your opponent could do to you, the chances of drawing the specific cards you need, the exact amount of possible damage you can do leftover, etc... It's why in tournaments you'll often see Freeze Mages concede really early into a game. They can figure out whether or not it is literally possible to win.

Mill Rogue is also a lot of thinking too. I really enjoy playing that deck though it just doesn't work well in a game like HS where most decks are more than happy to have a shit ton of draw at all times.
>>
>>338098935
>drawing and playing Alexstrazsa before your block breaks is skill
>>
>>338093851
>ctrl + f "zoo"
>0 results
what are you fucking gay, it costs like 2600 dust
>>
Maybe you should play an LCG/ECG
>>
>>338095427
post decklist
>>
>>338100452
These days they run Leeroy and that dude that does 4 damage if you have enough minions so that increases the price by a bit. Plus double argus man and sea giants means it's still a bit costly just not as much as some other decks right now
>>
File: genie.jpg (24 KB, 307x512) Image search: [Google]
genie.jpg
24 KB, 307x512
>Game is, by virtue of its genre, 90% luck
>Still has a competitive scene with money on the line
>>
>>338095427
I'm guessing this is before the old gods. Aggro Hunter has just been getting shat on constantly for a long time now.
>>
>>338101375
Rank 15 shitter detected
>>
>>338101304
Zoo runs fucking Gormok?
>>
>>338101304
with all the new cards you can do fine without Argus or giants. Darkshire Councilman and Forbidden Ritual are insane value
>>
>>338101461
>But muh deckbuilding!

You can build your deck in the best possible way and still get fucked by awful draws.
>>
I know I'm not the greatest at arena, but does it feel like sometimes you just get some shitty ass drafts, or is it just me?
>>
>>338093851
You fucking tard.

The best cards in the game have always been the commons. There are a few tech cards here and there that're epics, such as FoN when Combo Druid was big or BGH which doesn't see play anymore, or the giants of whom have fallen out of favor, but commons are where real power lies.
>>
>>338094109
>League of legends is pay to win
This meme makes no sense, why would people smurf if grinding meant shit?
>>
>>338101613
Single games are meaningless in a statistical sense, the better player with the better deck will have a better win rate overall
>>
>>338094109
I really hate to be contrary, but my decks are competitive enough to do pretty well and I am free to play. I've played since beta however. So I think what you mean to say is that the game is pay to win if you weren't along at the start.
>>
>>338093851

The game's matchmaking puts you with other people that have a similar deck composition to yours in terms of legendaries, so you're bitching about pointless shit.

t. someone who wasted thousands of dust crafting a deck with 7 legendaries only to get put with similar autistitc tryhards with tournament min maxing decks.
>>
>>338093851
First time playing a card game?
>>
>>338093851
I recall a tournament where one of the commentators talked about one the pros
>"with an impressive 60% win ratio"

like wth man, the game is like 10% basic math, 10% meta knowledge and 80% luck.
>>
>>338101908
But they are not meaningless when Lady Luck decides that you'll have an awful game during the finals of a tournament.
>>
>>338101819
Shit happens. The best thing you can do is watch other people play Arena and get a feel for how they draft.

>>338101613
Happens very rarely; WoG implemented a huge amount of taunts/heals to mitigate aggro decks running wild in a game without Belcher and Healbot. It takes actually the worst draws/deck composition to actually get fucked that early.

>>338102008
I ran my 11-Lego control warrior at Rank 20 for easy wins to get back to my usual rank of 8 after not playing for a month.
>>
>>338102194
Well yeah, its a fucking card game. I dont see how that problem is anyway unique to hearthstone
>>
>>338101304
I've never seen a zoo that runs leeroy. In fact I haven't seen any decks that run leeroy anymore. He's shit. Compared to fireball (which I know is a class card) he costs 1 more to do the same damage, doesn't go through taunt, and gives the opponent two tokens. He's just poo.
>>
>>338101375

What is poker
>>
>>338102008
What are you talking about I only have C'thun in my deck while that guy had like 4 of them just on the board.
>>
File: 1450229618891.jpg (400 KB, 727x1013) Image search: [Google]
1450229618891.jpg
400 KB, 727x1013
>>338102595
A luck based game. Difference is bluffing is a huge part of it and that it is a psychological sport on its own right. Poker is more of a Psychological warfare than a card game.
>>
>>338102438
You're behind on the new standard
http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/chakkis-warlock-zoo-dreamhack-austin-standard/
First place dreamhack tourney zoo list

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/paytons-renolock-warlock-dreamhack-austin-standard/
Top 4 renolock

He's a massive amount of burst damage you can buff with power overwhelming

>Compared to fireball (which I know is a class card)
If you knew it, why did you make a meaningless comparison? How well costed it is compared to fireball is meaningless for Warlock
>>
>>338102396
It isn't. The original post said
>>
>>338102965
Except it isnt 90% luck. If it was you wouldn't have certain players placing high so consistantly
>>
>>338102595
Poker is not a collectible card game, and due to the fact that you know every single card that is in a deck, you can count cards.
>>
>>338102194
poor dog
rurururururururu
>>
>>338101304
You only need Gormok and 1 giant. No leeroy
>>
>>338103036
Those players give themselves a higher chance of winning by building decks in efficient manners, but they are still at the mercy of the cards that they happen to draw and can win/lose purely due to a great/awful draw.
>>
Can you play against the AI offline on your phone?

I think i already know the answer, but you never know these days.
>>
>>338102817
wasn't even thinking about the P.O abuse potential. god fucking dammit I just found a golden leeroy 3 days ago and dusted him... I regret my decision.
>>
>>338103482
forgot to mention, I am a zoolock player myself.
>>
>played since beta
>never spent a penny on the game
>have enough gold from daily wins and quests to buy all packs and solo adventures
>have enough dust to craft anything I need
>saved up 3k gold from old golds announcement to buy 30 packs

>people actually think this game is p2w
>>
>>338102595
You are incredibly uneducated.
>>
>>338103589
>all you have to do is play since beta guys, easy as that, rev up those time machines
>>
>>338103668
>I can't read

literally included a timeframe for you
>>
>>338103589
No one gives a shit

In a fair comparison between two new players, the new player who spends real money wins every time. Thats P2W.
>>
>>338103819
This.

>started a week ago
>want to build a high rated deck
>lucky to have 1/3 of the cards despite doing quests every day and having LoE

I basically need to buy BRM and down €60 on packs to be competitive.
Good thing OW comes out next week so HS won't be my only go to game.
>>
>>338101468
Yeah Gormok is pretty common now. I see it in pretty much every Zoolock deck in tournaments right now. It just has such insane value with Forbidden Ritual and Darkshire Councilman.

>>338102192
But 60% would be good in any game. If a high level player is getting 70+% win rate then the game is either really unbalanced or the competitive scene for it is trash.

I hate citing the FGC because I can't stand it, but look at Daigo for example. Daigo is constantly hailed as being one of the strongest SF players ever, but he is also a jobber extremely often. It's not because he's bad or the people he is playing are godlike, it's because there are so many variables and even the best players aren't going to win every game against someone worse than them.

And among equal peers of course they will constantly win and lose. Anything above 50% is very impressive at high level play of anything.
>>
>>338102438
He had a resurgence in popularity. In tournaments I'm seeing him in Zoo decks, Miracle Rogue, Renolock, OTK decks, and even fucking "Tempo Warrior"

The nerf to taunt cards gives him a lot of newfound value, especially after Arcane Golem was fucked over
>>
>>338103416
You have to be connected online to play Hearthstone, even to play with the AI
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.