[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any space strategy games with 3D ship movement? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Fractured Space.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Fractured Space.gif
1 MB, 480x270
Are there any space strategy games with 3D ship movement?

I've been enjoying Fractured Space lately but I want to command a whole fleet, not just one ship.
>>
X3 Albion Prelude.
>>
Home world tries to trick you but it really is 2d
>>
Sins of a Solar Empire I'm going to suggest just as a good space RTS but its a lot like Homeworld, effectively 2D but ships can be a set distance above or below that axis. Flotilla might be up your alley, its hard as shit so I haven't gotten far enough to make an educated opinion, but its very pretty and calming. Makes full use of 3D space too
>>
>>338091089
this.
Fleets can go up to thousands of ships that you can control individually
>>
File: YES.png (40 KB, 465x698) Image search: [Google]
YES.png
40 KB, 465x698
>>338091442
>tfw building up a massive fucking fleet with a Titan as the flagship and then sending them all into phase-space at the same time
>tfw watching them arrive in a system
>>
>>338092539
my favourite part about phase jumps is when the titan causes a ripple.
>>
>>338090794
Can you command a whole fleet?

>>338090838
Agreed.

>>338091089
Sins has the same issue Homeworld does, it's more of a "you can do it but why?" and positioning in 3D space isn't that important, in my experience.

I enjoyed Flotilla quite a bit.
>>
>>338093246
>you can do it but why
What do you mean, like why would you make a large fleet?
>>
>>338093736
Move away from the plane.
>>
>>338094070
Oh, well, yeah, there's no real reason to do it, doesn't offer a tactical advantage or anything.
>>
>Homeworld is not 3D, its 2D!

Is there a new meme that I've missed?
>>
>>338094758
It's 3D but moving off of the plane doesn't offer any real difference or advantage. Your ships still just swarm around the other ships because they behave like dogfighters.
>>
>>338095002
Wait, are you actually expect it to be like a wargame where it's +1 to range in high terrain area or something cause that is not the core game design at all. Positioning still plays a large part in the game and you actually have to take account of the projectile of your unit and defensive chokepoints little as it may be.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.