[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil es/filedetails/?id=66176
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: west of loathing.png (74 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
west of loathing.png
74 KB, 512x512
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=661764241

>West of Loathing is a single player slapstick adventure RPG set in the Wild West of the "Loathing" universe -- a new game in development by Asymmetric, the folks behind the popular long-running online game The Kingdom of Loathing.

>West of Loathing is shaping up to be a huge RPG with tons of branching narrative, turn-based tactical combat, and character advancement. It's basically a stick-figure Skyrim with beans and big hats. You'll get to do stuff like:

>* Choose from three character classes: Cow Puncher, Beanslinger, or Snake Oiler
>* Explore perilous gulches, skeleton-riddled cemeteries, and mysterious abandoned mines
>* Plumb the ruins of ancient civilizations for riches
>* Deliver justice to unscrupulous and sarcastic bandits
>* Negotiate complex bureaucracies in cursed ghost towns full of cursed ghost accountants

Thoughts?
>>
>>338087256
thanks kev
But seriously, glad these guys are doing a game in my favorite kind of setting
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (106 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
106 KB, 512x512
I made it better
>>
File: hotdog chopper1.jpg (156 KB, 1500x1281) Image search: [Google]
hotdog chopper1.jpg
156 KB, 1500x1281
>>338087256
KoL? Haven't played that in years, how's it been?
>>
>>338088282
It's got only a fraction of its old playerbase, but it's still around and still updated regularly.
>>
>>338088127

Hey, Knuckle Sandwich!
>>
Anon most people here are too young to remember KoL.
>>
Can I still sell my old items for hundreds of dollars?
>>
>>338087256

i tried starting kingdom of loathing several times but i always get bored by how slow you progress through the game
>>
>>338088349
Ah well that's nice to hear. Always gave me a few good laughs.
>>
>>338088840

I had the opposite problem where I had so many potential resources where even doing the "no food, no booze" runs would take up an hour or two per day.
>>
Man I remember KoL from when I was much younger

gooood memories and times. I even beat it once but the thought of doing it twice made me a little ill desu.
>>
>>338087256
I played Kingdom of Loathing when I was a kid and I had nothing better to do. Fond memories, but it's really not the kind of game I'd play today.
>>
>not playing twilight heroes instead
>>
I remember kingdom of loathing, cave story, and black shades used to be essential "top 10 best completely free games" core
>>
I used to love playing KoL in high school, this looks neat
>>
>not being a Disco Bandit

c'mon now

where's your moxie
>>
>* Plumb the ruins of ancient civilizations for riches

>plumb

uh what
>>
>>338089956

surely you jestin
>>
>>338089956
Maybe they didn't have proper sewage system
>>
>>338089956
Remember to stay in school, kids!
I know you're here, you underage little shits.
>>
I'll check it out. I'm a bit burnt out on KoL after 8 years of regular play. One of the purest RPGs ever, but goddamn, the West of Loathing challenge path was kinda gay.
>>
>>338090371
>LT&T Office is pretty much required to get the most out of the path

I mean, fortunately I sprang for it, but locking parts of challenge paths out without an IotM is pretty lame, especially now that it's not February anymore.
>>
>>338089956
It's a typo. You play as a fruit. I think you'd find it especially immersive.
>>
>>338090545
Agreed, that was a load of shit. One of the only times I've taken a look at anything in this game and had to say "fuck that." And I have no qualms supporting this game, but they've ALWAYS made paid content purely separate from any paths short of being able to do them faster in general.
>>
If there is no mention of a Boner Dagon I'm going to be miffed
>>
I'm gonna make a new character in this game, what class should I go with? I haven't played since I was a kid and remember nothing about it.
>>
>>338091040
Accordion Thief or Sauceror
>>
>>338091083
Is there even any functional difference between the two thief classes, pasta classes, or warrior classes? Does anything in this game even matter at all?
>>
File: 1453514737414.png (397 KB, 820x461) Image search: [Google]
1453514737414.png
397 KB, 820x461
>donate so I can get delicious Mr. A and guarantee my account can never get shut down
>can't remember any of my login info
>the cringy email I used is long dead

Life is suffering. I did ONE hardcore oxy run and said fuck it to that from then on out.
>>
>>338091375
Moxie classes allow pick pocketing, Mysticality classes get bonus MP, Muscle classes get bonus Health. Each class gets class specific gear if you do the Guild quest to the very end. Aside from that, as long as you perm skills, there's no differences.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.