[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After watching some random videos of people playing this i kinda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: gh-packart.jpg (31 KB, 400x248) Image search: [Google]
gh-packart.jpg
31 KB, 400x248
After watching some random videos of people playing this i kinda want to get it.

I havent played a guitar hero since ages, is this newest one a good iteration or should i get some older one?

Any input appreciated
>>
New guitar is pretty shitty I had to return mine and get a new one, never had problems after that.The setlist is getting better but its still pretty dissapointing. If I were you though i'd just get a cheap stratocaster and play phase shift.
Here's where you can find music for it www.fretsonfire.net/forums/viewtopic.phpf=5&t=57010&sid=6975864970910267f685e14c387a8747
>>
File: 1463424580903.jpg (18 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
1463424580903.jpg
18 KB, 500x441
They worked so hard on the surroundings of the game but forgot to realise that most of the GH players concentrate on pressing the fucking buttons and strumming.

What a total failure.
>>
That doesnt sound too good, are there any old guitar hero games or similar things worth it?
>>
>>338084673
guitar hero 3 only
>>
What guitar should i look out for? I've had a third party one and one from rock band or sth and they both broke relativly fast
>>
>>338085867
anything wireless, which is all guitars so go find a guitar that looks cool and enjoy yourself

yes avoid third party ones
>>
I was a little bit amazed at how they managed to put so many songs on the track list and so few of them are good. It isn't even that so many of them are terrible, but they put so many songs in that aren't even guitar songs.
>>
Its refreshing after six games of the same stuff.

If you just want more of the same get Rock Band 4.
>>
>>338085127
GH3 is the worst fucking one, you casual piece of shit.
>>
The gameplay looks so fucking cringey... The whole, YOURE IN THE SHOW MATE thing is disgusting. Also heard dlc you never OWN the tracks but rent them.

I got the rockband 4 with guitar bundle for $70 normal 130. And still,regret it. The lack of content, no customizing clothes or instruments, frequent crashes of the slopply organized music store, no multiplayer* till fall.
And worst is.. The MUSIC holy shit ive never seen so many literally who bands from 2012+. Not even "good indie" the actual dlc is the only thing that had me coming back but 80% of whats on the dlc is putrid.
>>
>>338086349
Thats a funny way of spelling 'World Tour'.
>>
>>338087025
Is this some dank meme I'm not aware of? There's nothing wrong with World Tour.
GH3 and Warriors of Rock are the only shitty ones.
>>
>>338085867
So i can just buy Guitar Hero: Warriors of rock for example since it has the cheapest guitar and i will be fine?`

Can i use it for other games too?
>>
>>338087497
Wow, thats a rare opinion.
>>
>>338087497
GH6 is one of the best
>>
File: dsadadasd.png (13 KB, 786x64) Image search: [Google]
dsadadasd.png
13 KB, 786x64
It's meh.
Haven't played it since I platinum'd it.

I was going to try to aim for high scores since I'm #1 on a few songs (for the PS3) but I don't have the patience.

Since I stopped playing there's been an update which includes divisions, which is a sort of online rank.
It's buggy as hell and you're likely to get booted off or some weird shit happening during a song and you'll be penalised for it.

Songs are all okay to really shitty. Nothing outstanding and nothing new. All the best songs have already been on a GH or RB game before.

tldr; if you're a GH fan, go for it
if not, buy a 360 xplorer guitar and download phase shift
>>
>>338088179
Shame about how half the tracks are really shitty nu metal or the most generic of alternative rock.

It's even worse since the tiers are divided by genre, so you have to play all the shitty songs right in a row.
>>
File: Rocksmith_2014_cover.jpg (52 KB, 300x379) Image search: [Google]
Rocksmith_2014_cover.jpg
52 KB, 300x379
>>338082212
Get real.
>>
>>338088179
Yeah but Metallica aside, every gh's soundtracks are half shit. I just play the shit songs once to unlock the others
>>
>>338088674
The cable is hard to find

ALSO, Anons, real talk, my 2 GH controllers are broken (the mediator button) where i can find a new one, also is there non officials controllers ?

Fuck activision and their shit products.

Wrong reply >>338089118 meant to talk to you >>338088645
>>
>>338089520
>The cable is hard to find

You can patch the game and use any guitar interface.
>>
>>338088674
If I wanted to play a real guitar...

...ready for this?...
...I'd play a real guitar
>>
>>338089635
Nice ! but i dont have a dedicated sound card
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.