[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meet the Pyro is the best meet the video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 43
File: image_3.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
Meet the Pyro is the best meet the video
>>
File: 1455534118976.jpg (52 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1455534118976.jpg
52 KB, 500x376
Ratchet & Clank 2016 should've never happened, the whole franchise should've ended with Ratchet, Clank, and Talwyn walking into the sunset at the end of Into the Nexus and the whole franchise being put on ice for five years, then reboot it in 2018.
>>
feminism isn't actually a bad thing for video games
>>
There are actually a lot of games on the PS4 that I enjoy playing.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 250x249
Halo Wars is a competent RTS.
So is RUSE
>>
>>338081705
TF2 is very enjoyable nowadays
>>
>>338083661
This.
>>
These are all TERRIBLE.
>>
>>338083625
Where did you get this picture of me?
>>
Halo is good and fun, I like videogames.
>>
File: 1447819057688.jpg (10 KB, 256x288) Image search: [Google]
1447819057688.jpg
10 KB, 256x288
Objective opinion: It's Meet the Spy
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 107x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 107x125
If Dark Souls never existed then /v/ wouldn't be as bad.
>>
File: commissar.jpg (86 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
commissar.jpg
86 KB, 800x600
unless you have financial restrictions, there is no reason to own a console over a PC.

Also console players inherently have bad taste or understanding of market forces
>>
Console might not be holding games back directly but if everyone just moved over to PC gaming and every game was built around being on the PC gaming would be way better.
>>
Mass Effect 3s ending had good ideas, just a really shitty execution of them.
>>
>>338081705
I personally prefer Sniper, it has the right amount of story like Spy and Medic, without throwing away the interview dynamic the other videos had. But pyro was a fun video too

now, if you'd said scout...
>>
Most "/v/-approved" games are trash.
>>
There has not been any good western games for over 5 years now
>>
>>338084164
That's a fact, not an opinion.
>>
PS4 exclusives hurt the industry and add nothing of benefit to a PS4 owner
oh wait this is an unpopular opinions thread not objective facts thread
>>
>>338083625
How the fuck did you get this picture of me?
>>
>>338081705
>that would be your mother
>and now he's here to fuck us
This puts meet the spy over the top for me.
>>
mgs 3 isnt the best metal gear solid game
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 125x116) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 125x116
>>338084196
You need to try Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. It's pretty good.
>>
File: air rocket.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
air rocket.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>338084196
>what is unreal tournament 4?
>what is serious sam 3?
>what is don't starve?
>what is natural selection 2?
>what is vermintide?
>what is FTL?

why are weebs always so uneducated?
>>
File: 1447171254427.jpg (118 KB, 1040x1000) Image search: [Google]
1447171254427.jpg
118 KB, 1040x1000
>>338083907
>unpopular opinion
>>
File: seje.png (1 MB, 1438x1080) Image search: [Google]
seje.png
1 MB, 1438x1080
FF7 is lightning in a bottle. It's the golden egg.

It's far and away the best FF title, and everyone who thinks it isn't is deluding himself.
>>
>>338084351
That's a fairly common opinion around here.
>>
moba's aren't cancer. stay out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat
>>
>>338083625
>So is RUSE
Is that an unpopular opinion though?
>>
File: i accept it.gif (1 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
i accept it.gif
1 MB, 260x260
>>338084478
>natural selection 2
it's almost dead right now ;_;
>>
>>338084398
I can give it a try

>>338084478
not tried vermintide as I've heard "it's like L4D but warhammer"
>>
>>338084732
I don't see a lot of people talking about it when they mention good RTS. I just assumed.
>>
Walking sims like Firewatch and Life Is Strange aren't bad for video games.
>>
Exclusives, and the competition that they bring are good for the industry
PC only would lead to every dev doing pay2win cash shop bullshit to increase their revenue steams.
Also the community will just fix anything they do that's shit.
>>
Mgsv is a stellar game and the gameplay makes up for story related shortcomings
>>
Skyward Sword is terrible.
>>
>>338084970
This is why consolefags are stereotyped as underage retards who don't understand market forces, because it's completely true.

Let me educate your dumbass, summerfag.

There are good exclusives such as Halo and splatoon, that help the industry, and those that hurt the industry would be bloodborne and uncharted 4.
With BB and U4 being exclusive, PS4 owners do NOT BENEFIT. Those games would still be available to you at the same price anyway. The only thing you get is the ability to gloat over buying a different console, which is retarded to gloat about.
By preventing Billy down the street from playing bloodborne because he owns an Xbox1, you gain literally nothing.
Sony spends millions of dollars making games exclusives in order to suffocate the market and give consumers unfavorable choices.

The fact that you would celebrate a game company spending tens of millions of dollars to prevent other people from playing video games shows just how little you understand basic economics. Your exclusives does increase in quality in anyway, and remains the same price.
It is effectively the exact same product if it wasn't exclusive.

If sony concentrated the money they spent on exclusives towards perhaps cheaper PS4's, better game deals, or superior internet connectivity, then people would buy the PS4 for being the better piece of hardware with better service

But instead, sony spends millions of your money to make sure some random fucker down the street cannot play the same game as you. And you unironically brag about

This confirms my suspicion that you are underaged, because any adult can understand and comprehend how a market works, and realize that he is not getting anything with an 'exclusive'. it's a marketing term that actually hurts him as a consumer.

kill yourself
>>
The Dark Souls series gets more praise than it deserves. I can't speak for Blood Borne since I haven't played it.
>>
File: 7f0.gif (552 KB, 498x250) Image search: [Google]
7f0.gif
552 KB, 498x250
The Witcher 3 is shit
Final Fantasy V is the best 2D FF
Final Fantasy IX and XII are the best 3D FFs
MGS4 is worse than MGSV
Music in MGSV is fucking great
Ground Zeroes is the best MGS since MGS3
Majora's Mask > Ocarina of Time
Being emotionally attached to a console/PC is retarded, multiplat master race is the only correct choice (if you can afford it)
Platform wars are the worst cancer of /v/
>>
>>338081705
Pharah has no arms or legs above the elbow/knee. Even though this is canon, people refuse to accept it and call anyone who points it out a fetishist.
>>
>>338084819
Yes, and? Are you saying that's bad?

Also
>what's divinity
>what's insurgency
>what's grim dawn
>what's factorio
>>
>>338085727
Oh, also

Japanese games aren't better than the western ones - they're both fucking terrible nowadays. It just happens that most of the good games are from Japan, but there are some western gems hidden between AAA garbage.
>>
>>338085925
So she just has calves and forearms, no thighs or biceps?
>>
I still kinda like Nyanners.
>>
>>338085619
You'd almost have a point if you had picked different examples. I'm not sure why you've decided to single out Sony here, either. Bloodborne (and Demon's Souls, the game it wouldn't have happened without) is completely funded and published by Sony, as is Uncharted. They're not completely developed by internal studios, but Sony is integral to their happening in the first place. I'm not sure how you think they're different from Halo.
>>
>>338086160
What I mean is, they're amputated just above the elbow/knee.
>>
>>338085951
yes, I'm saying L4D is bad
but I didn't know grim dawn had an release so I can give it a second try now
>>
>>338085619
I didn't explain healthy exclusives like Halo or splatoon

Those games are created, because the hardware developers want to increase the appeal of their console. Halo is a reason for a consumer to buy an xbox.

Halo is good, because it's like adding an attachment for a vacuum cleaner. Hey, this vacuum cleaner you can buy now also has a brush tool that you can get.

Where are exclusives like uncharted 4 are more like "Hey we can chuck a rock at your neighbor's vacuum cleaner, that makes you want to buy ours more, right?"

and like the complete retard you are, you actually think you're getting something

fucking console owners, cancer of the industry
>>
File: 1463446587549.png (245 KB, 630x357) Image search: [Google]
1463446587549.png
245 KB, 630x357
>>338081705
CS:GO is a fun game
>>
>>338086416
>Those games are created, because the hardware developers want to increase the appeal of their console. Halo is a reason for a consumer to buy an xbox.
Again, this isn't different from Bloodborne.
>>
>>338086416
Your logic doesn't make sense.
What's the difference between Uncharted and Halo?
>>
/v/ should stop being angry and start enjoying games
>>
>>338086571
Uncharted is from Sony.
>>
>>338086472
pfft its shit its all pay to win unlike clasic CS gtfo pay to win shit it sucks ass like thoses shitty games on AVGN that angry nerd reviews
>>
>>338086668
So it's just more console fanboyism
>>
>>338081705
I see nothing wrong with a console I own losing exclusives. Exclusives should be abolished and I don't see the harm in other platforms getting access to the same games.
>>
File: 1459116293890.gif (73 KB, 675x227) Image search: [Google]
1459116293890.gif
73 KB, 675x227
>>338086795
>this whole post
>>
>>338086571
>>338086568

Halo was money invested in order to make the Xbox a better choice for the consumer. Competition helps the consumer in this scenario, the consumer only benefits. His options are getting better, not worse

With bloodborne, a game that could have come to xbox, PC, and even the WiiU, it was artificially restricted.

Sony paid tens of millions to make sure that game would not come to other consoles. Now, the consumer lost in this scenario. Sony spent millions of dollars to make sure that I had shittier options. This hurts the consumer, because the options become worse, not better. There was no reason for bloodborne to stay as an exclusive

Now, the funniest part about this shit is where the sonyggers will unironically brag about having exclusives like bloodborne.

Bloodborne does not benefit the sonygger for being exclusives, because it could have been multiplat. Whether or not the sonygger gets the game does not depend on the game being exclusive or not. In effect, nothing changes for the person who bought a PS4. That money could be spent on improving the experience for the PS4 owner, but it is spent on harassing Xbox owners. Again, like throwing a rock at your neighbor's vacuum cleaner. It doesn't benefit you at all
>>
File: 145248364.png (13 KB, 107x88) Image search: [Google]
145248364.png
13 KB, 107x88
>>338086795
how's elementary school, billy?
>>
>>338087058
>Bloodborne was money invested in order to make the Playstation 4 a better choice for the consumer. Competition helps the consumer in this scenario, the consumer only benefits. His options are getting better, not worse

>With Halo, a game that could have come to xbox, PC, and even the WiiU, it was artificially restricted.

>Microsoft paid tens of millions to make sure that game would not come to other consoles. Now, the consumer lost in this scenario. Microsoft spent millions of dollars to make sure that I had shittier options. This hurts the consumer, because the options become worse, not better. There was no reason for Halo to stay as an exclusive

>Now, the funniest part about this shit is where the Xbots will unironically brag about having exclusives like Halo.

>Halo does not benefit the Xbot for being exclusives, because it could have been multiplat. Whether or not the Xbot gets the game does not depend on the game being exclusive or not. In effect, nothing changes for the person who bought an Xbone. That money could be spent on improving the experience for the Xbone owner, but it is spent on harassing Playstation owners. Again, like throwing a rock at your neighbor's vacuum cleaner. It doesn't benefit you at all
>>
>>338081705
From a technical standpoint it is. Credit to the TF2 team where it's due, they genuinely tried to improve after each video.

Compare Meet the Heavy to say, Meet the Spy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHgZh4GV9G0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR4N5OhcY9s

Of course which one is better overall is a subjective thing. I'm talking from a pure technical standpoint.
>>
File: 1392389985257.gif (2 MB, 517x400) Image search: [Google]
1392389985257.gif
2 MB, 517x400
>>338087058
The logic of console fanboys is amazing sometimes
>>
I'm really fucking glad that consoles "hold back" PC games to keep them running better on mid-range PC configs.
>>
>>338087329
It's funny, because you're too retarded to actually respond with a counter argument. Instead, like the dumbass console player you are, you just mad libbed my post.

Games like Splatoon and Halo are healthy exclusives, because they improve the options for the consumer. Previously you had multiplats for both Xbox and PS4. Now, the Xbox has an additional game, making it a better option. The consumer wins

But, you cannot comprehend this because you're underaged. Bloodborne was going to be a multiplat, meaning everyone could have it.

Sony spent tens of millions to make sure it was exclusive after that. As a PS4 owner, your product has not changed. It has not improved in a single regard. However, someone who isn't you loses. At not point does the your dollar go farther, at no point does it increase in value, but rather you are unaffected.

That money could be spent on YOU. But you would rather brag about something that doesn't benefit you, and hurts others
>>
File: gastrolab-healthy-anus[1].jpg (35 KB, 473x355) Image search: [Google]
gastrolab-healthy-anus[1].jpg
35 KB, 473x355
>>338087812
>Bloodborne was going to be a multiplat, meaning everyone could have it.

<---Source
>>
>>338081705

Natural selection 2 is the best fps to come out in the last 6 years
>>
>>338083897
>>338084398
>repeatedly saving thumbnails
ur fuckin retarded m8
>>
>>338087919
>>338087531
everyone, take note

when confronted with evidence, and basic reasoning formed with coherent thought, the sonygger rushes to his collection of anus images to post, instead of responding and debunking someone else's argument.

He could have told me why I was wrong, and explained it, and used evidence to support his claims. Instead, he used his collection of anus images on me.
>>
>>338088183
>evidence
>>
File: 1444359483127.gif (1 MB, 350x272) Image search: [Google]
1444359483127.gif
1 MB, 350x272
>>338081705
max payne 3 the best TPS of all time
>>
Fallout 3 is a better game than new vegas.
pc ports of games ruin every future thread about said game.
>>
>>338088259
all you have is green texting and anus images. It's effectively admitting you lack an argument
>>
Gears 1/UE
Has the best MultiPlayer of all time
>>
>>338088183
There is nothing to debunk.
You're just saying 'These exclusives are good because it gives the console owner another game to play' and then say 'This exclusive is bad because it's not multiplat'.
You also dropped the Uncharted games from your original argument for whatever reason all while yelling out "sonygger" every chance you can.

It's more likely that you're just ass-pained that you can't play Bloodborne so you now hate Sony and now believe they are the worst company.
>>
>>338088668
again, you avoided my entire argument. Like a child would.

You don't benefit from artificial exclusives. The consumer loses. His options get worse. Bragging about losing options and getting worse products is retarded.
>>
>>338088798
You don't have an argument.
>>
I think The Phantom Pain is a fantastic game and I loved Peace Walker.
>>
File: smug.jpg (63 KB, 447x400) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
63 KB, 447x400
>>338088846
>"nuh-uh"

like a child
>>
Indie games are the saviors of the video game industry.

/v/'s overly negative opinion on everything is bad for discussion and bad for the board.

Games made by smaller companies should and can be forgiven for minor problems or poor design in some areas

Free to play games have revolutionized the market and are a net good.

'Roguelite' games and heavy RNG in non-competitive games is excellent for creating massive amounts of replayability and helps balance the game for the individual player. For example if you are a shit player and get good luck that can help you win a run but if you are a great player and get shit luck it makes the game more challenging to your skill level.

Art games are not bad as long as they actually contain some amount of gameplay

Overwatch is a great game and all the hatred it's now experiencing from /v/ is salty contrarians looking for the next thing to hate

Unnecessary or tacked on RPG elements are fine.

FN@F's is an excellent horror game and series.

Games made a long time ago are not automatically better then games made today. Many are objectively worse.

The quality of a game's content is more immediately important then the quality of the game's gameplay

Games being dumbed down is more of a result of developer laziness instead of marketing for the masses

Watching let's plays or gameplay of games is totally fine, especially if watching for the commentary or personality of the streamer/player in the video

Piracy is wrong not because it hurts the industry but because you don't deserve other people's work and entertainment for free.
>>
>>338089093
>FN@F's is an excellent horror game and series.

jumpscares are not horror. You get startled, not scared
>>
>>338089249

I'm sure this won't matter that I tell you this because anyone with any intelligence would have been able to look up gameplay to confirm this however;

Five Nights at Freddy's does not feature jumpscares for no reason. Jumpscares are only in the game as a punishment for losing; you'd never see a jumpscare if you play the game correctly the whole way through (at least for the first game)

Secondly your post assumes that it is not a gradient- just because something features a lot of jumpscares doesn't mean it can't also have horror/tension/dread or whatever other innumerable qualities you wish for it to have.

To say FN@F's is solely jumpscares is to downplay the game's sound and monster design, gameplay choices, the background lore, and many of the other things that make it a good franchise.
>>
File: WHy SO HURTMAD.jpg (68 KB, 465x540) Image search: [Google]
WHy SO HURTMAD.jpg
68 KB, 465x540
CS:GO and Undertale are good games
Battlefield 1 is going to be fantastic
Censorship is such a non-issue its hilarious
Mobile games can actually help the industry by segregating casuals from the normal audiences
Critics deserved to be fucked in every single way possible
/pol/ crossboarding should be a permanent ban, they make /pol/ look worse then they are
Doom is the best FPS in years
Brutal Doom isn't terrible
Far Cry games are fun
2016 is one of the best years for gaming so far
Consoles are the cancer killing the industry, and consolewars are killing /v/
>>
>>338089093
>The quality of a game's content is more immediately important then the quality of the game's gameplay

What does this even mean? How are we qualifying the quality of content as something separate from the gameplay? What is counted as content in this instance?
>>
>>338090090
Except the tension isn't that strong either, and its painfully obvious with the third game that the design is based off of jumpscares.

Play an actual horror game, like Alien Isolation or Silent Hill
>>
>>338089093
All correct except for
>The quality of a game's content is more immediately important then the quality of the game's gameplay
>>
>>338090445

Could be anything.

Story, atmosphere, quests, what you can do, dialogue, character creation, the setting, the weapons or power ups, the enemies, etc.

For example; many people praise Resident Evil and Morrowind, both older games with extremely poor gameplay in the modern department but both games play up other aspects (resident evil being the horror and morrowind being the various magic systems and world space) as being more important than their gameplay. In fact some would say that at least for Resident Evil's sake, its poor gameplay actually REINFORCES the theme of that game being about horror and disempowerment.
>>
>>338083724
>>338083661
what servers so you play on?
>>
>>338089249
>>338090090
the story's a clusterfuck but the character design is for the most part pretty neat.

The tension that comes out of the avoidance of being jump scared is legitimate horror, anon. Testing the blood in The Thing builds up to a jump scare, but it isn't cheap because of the complexity behind why the scene's constructed the way it is.

>inb4 janitors browsing v.webm pops up
>>
>>338090158
nigger cuck
>>
>>338089093
>Games made by smaller companies should and can be forgiven for minor problems or poor design in some areas
No. Fuck you, they're held to the same standards.
>>
>>338082236
I wish the movie never would have happened we we'd actually get full reboot
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 250x227
Playing smash bros or Pokemon competitively is cancer.
>>
>>338085240
>unpopular opinion

How new?
>>
KotOR II is an absolute trash game, just awful.

The original Deus Ex has aged like milk and is virtually unplayable, still has a GOAT soundtrack though

MGS2 is incredibly pretentious and only autists who think they have a higher understanding of society think its a masterpiece, the game itself is still good and fun though
>>
File: OC.png (434 KB, 590x520) Image search: [Google]
OC.png
434 KB, 590x520
I hate the feel of the Source engine. movement and shooting always seem very clunky/floaty. I don't seem to have so much of a problem in HL2 but I can only barely stand to play TF2 and I cannot play CS:GO at all. Shooting especially in TF2 feels weightless and in every Source game the movement physics just don't seem right to me. I'm not trying to say it's unrealistic or anything because that doesn't really matter, but I like it less than Havok for example, which occasionally shits the bed but feels better to me somehow.
>>
File: 1379255605530.gif (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1379255605530.gif
32 KB, 250x250
Valve has become the worst company on the market because while they don't pull overarching shit like EA's destruction of companies or Gerabox's embezzling, they have nickle and dimed their customers to death, pushed esports too hard as a format, and grown so big that their monopoly on PC gaming and bizarre cult of personality has let them still get away with treating their customers like garbage.
>>
>>338084536
I can see where you're coming from.

I also happen to think that FFXII is at least in the top three.

And that X is worse than XIII, with X-2 being better than both by a good margin.
>>
Uncharted is probably the most overrated series of videogames I've ever played.

The N64 was Nintendo's biggest mistake in their entire history.

The endless dialogue nearly ruined Okami for me.

I think there have been more interesting and fun indie games coming out the past couple years than any other type of game.
>>
>>338092426
>The N64 was Nintendo's biggest mistake in their entire history.

I think you meant to write the Gamecube there, friend.
>>
>>338092562
No. The N64 was the one that basically ruined them. Their failure to move onto new technologies allowed a complete newcomer to videogames to take over the whole industry from right under their nose.

I think the effects of that have been far more drastic and longer lasting than any mistake before, and any mistake after could be pretty cleanly connected straight to it.
>>
>>338084351
>unpopular
Just because a shit ton of /v/ babies say this, doesn't mean its the popular opinion.
>>
Metroid prime>Super metroid
I liked the scanning and reading the lore
>>
>>338092848
The N64 still happened during the wild west of technology and had the added benefit of the pretty solid Mario/Zelda titles pumped out for it which are still classics today. I don't think it was failing to keep up against the competitors at the time, either. The Gamecube is what signaled the lack of innovation, weak exclusives, and subpar hardware trend that you see nowadays with the Wii just being a weird gimmick that took off more than it had any right to and shouldn't really be considered.
>>
>>338088798
Your argument is a claim that BB is an artificial exclusive.
Burden of proof is in you.
It's not artificial, it was never going to be multiplat, just like Demon's Souls.

You may dispute my claim with evidence if you desire.

Halo was original going to be for Mac, MS bought it and dumped Mac support. Macs could have been the Unix-based platform to play games on, now they're hipster accessories. Who's really winning? Who's getting more games?

MS uses Halo exclusively to force fans to buy new Xboxes and even Windows versions (HL2pc with fucking vista)

From Software has mainly been a Sony supporter since PS1.

I'll not reply a second time unless you actually make sense with your claims. Baseless claims do not need a counter-argument, "Fuck you" is sufficient.
>>
Bloodborne is the best of the souls series.
>>
Max Payne 3 was a mistake. It's nothing but trash
>>
>>338093159
>pretty solid Mario/Zelda titles pumped out for it which are still classics today.

Yes, those are classics, but once you start to look beyond those, what else did they have?

It was basically the occasionally Nintendo title along with Rare trying to support the entire system by themselves, and that's because they had no third party support, which is a direct result of them sticking to carts while the competition was offering a medium that offered more storage space and was cheaper to produce. For any game dev at the time, the choice was a no brainer.

Gamecube was just them trying to play catch up but by then it was already too late. Sony had dethroned them and all of the third party devs had left them behind. The fact that they could no longer even put out revolutionary games like Mario 64 or OoT just made things worse.

And all of that is what ultimately lead them to try and seek out new audiences with the Wii, as they had given up on competing with Sony, and when that succeeded, they tried to catch lightning in a bottle twice with the Wii U.

I'm not saying N64 had bad games. I just think Nintendo fucked up when they designed the hardware and it ultimately fucked them up far more than the Virtual Boy or anything like that.
>>
Devil May Cry was never a good series

1st one is a failed Resident Evil prototype
2nd one is a slow as molasses 3rd person shooter
3rd one was gimped due to ps2 being a shit machine
4th one is an unfinished pile of crap

reboot is baby's first Ninja Gaiden x Bayonetta and cashalized garbage overall

glad this series is dead.
>>
>>338085619
The only thing I pulled from your terrible argument is, "Sony isn't allowed to have console exclusives because I don't like them!" No shit Uncharted 4 is going to be a PS4 exclusive. Every other Uncharted game was a Playstation exclusive, but now suddenly it's a big fucking deal for no reason. All of the God of War games were Playstation exclusives, you gonna bitch about those too? What about Jak and Daxter, was it unhealthy for those games to be Playstation exclusives back in the early 2000s? Not sure why you think a Playstation console just doesn't deserve exclusives to help sell it, but whatever.

I will give your stupid ass some credit, though. Bloodborne being a PS4 exclusive is pretty fucking retarded. Souls fans that have had easy access to their favorite franchise before now don't get it with Bloodborne because of its new found exclusivity.

Also,
>This confirms my suspicion that you are underaged, because any adult can understand and comprehend how a market works, and realize that he is not getting anything with an 'exclusive'. it's a marketing term that actually hurts him as a consumer.
I think the only one who doesn't understand the games market here is you. If the exclusive titles are good enough, they can be console sellers. It's one of the reasons stuff like the Dreamcast failed. The only like four games that it had exclusivity over when it was still alive were the Sonic Adventures, Segagaga, and Skies of Arcadia, and three of those ended up getting ported over to the GameCube.
Yeah, console exclusivity is bad for consumers for the most part, but game devs and their publishers gotta make money somehow. If you don't have that one defining game/franchise for your console, it won't sell. Look at the Ouya and tell me I'm wrong. I dare you.
>>
File: Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg (104 KB, 256x295) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg
104 KB, 256x295
>>338094879
>Souls fans that have had easy access to their favorite franchise before now don't get it with Bloodborne because of its new found exclusivity.
>new found exclusivity.
>>
>>338081705
Everyone seemed to love Meet the Pyro but I really didn't think it was very good. Definitely was way too long of a wait and the retarded hype ...
>>
>>338085619
Agreed with >>338094879 exclusives happen to drag people to different systems among other reasons. Seriously, what has Xbox one to offer over Playstation in exclusivces? PS has Uncharted, Bloodborne et cetera. Splatoon and whatnot being good for the industry is pretty fucking retarded with you rnitpicking.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1806x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1806x1080
The Legend of Spyro was a good reboot
>>
>>338095776
It was extremely underwhelming, especially following Meet the Medic and Meet the Spy, which were the best videos in the series.

I mean, I get that the Pyro isn't really a character you can do much with, but it seemed like the whole thing was just the one gag about how he sees the world and nothing else. The other videos had tons of little bits and fun moments the whole way through.
>>
>>338096242
Valve does (or did) really good writing, so when you strip away that, you're left with sight gags and not much else, so Meet the Pyro felt very underwhelming compared to Meet the Medic, which was probably the point where Valve should've just shut down because nothing they ever make will be as perfect as that again.
>>
>>338096242
Yep agree, and the psychotic thing was very predictable and pretty fucking unoriginal.
>>
>>338081705
the last of us was not a good game. i wanted ellie to die.
>>
>>338095579
Yeah, I just remembered Demon's Souls was a PS3 exclusive after I typed all that out. Thing is, the reason Demon's Souls is a PS3 exclusive is the exact same reason that Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive. Without Sony, the game wouldn't have gotten the funding it needed to be finished; plus Sony owned the IP rights to Demon's Souls, so it makes sense that it would be a PS3 exclusive.
I suppose I should have said "its returned exclusivity." Poor phrasing and memory on my part, my bad.
>>
>>338097217
Demon's Souls being an exclusive makes sense and even Bloodborne being an exclusive makes sense. I'm 99% sure that Miyazaki didn't want Dark Souls 2 or 3 to happen, but ended up being contractually obligated to do it. Bloodborne is obviously the game he wanted to make and Sony was probably the only studio around who wasn't pressuring him to make Souls 2/3 just to cash in on the name.

It's pretty easy to see that Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1, then Bloodborne is the man basically refining an idea to the logical extremes, the exclusivity is probably executive meddling at best and likely has nothing to do with any kind of allegiance he feels.
>>
>>338097217
>Without Sony, the game wouldn't have gotten the funding it needed to be finished; plus Sony owned the IP rights to Demon's Souls, so it makes sense that it would be a PS3 exclusive.

You do know Bloodborne is in the same exact position, right? Sony is the publisher. Only reason Dark Souls went multiplat is because it was all published by Namco-Bandai and they have no reason to stick to a single console like Sony does.
>>
>>338097808
>You do know Bloodborne is in the same exact position, right?
Oh, actually no, I didn't. I wasn't aware that Sony owned the IP to Bloodborne. Thanks for the info m8

>>338097797
>the exclusivity is probably executive meddling at best and likely has nothing to do with any kind of allegiance he feels.
Well yeah, pretty much the only reason console exclusives exist in the first place is because of executive meddling. They want stuff to help make their console sell, of course they'll push for an exclusive if they can.
>>
>>338092354
Aside from X being worse than XIII I agree with the rest.
>>
The biggest reason why I play games is to be immersed in an interesting setting and to experience a compelling narrative. Mechanical enjoyment of the gameplay is less important to me.I still think gameplay is extremely important for what I want to get out of games
>>
File: JwLSA4V.gif (2 MB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
JwLSA4V.gif
2 MB, 512x384
>>338091096
Reboot of R&C or reboot of ReBoot?
>>
Anyone who backed a game on Kickstarter shouldn't be allowed to post on /v/.
>>
>>338098891
But I've backed a Kickstarter, and I'm the smartest guy here.
>>
>>338098891
I unironically backed Wasteland 2 and I was pretty happy with it by the time they got around to the Director's Cut edition.
>>
File: 1336622610942.gif (246 KB, 102x124) Image search: [Google]
1336622610942.gif
246 KB, 102x124
>>338099078
>>
>>338098817
Ratchet and clank
>>
Witcher 2>Witcher 1
>>
>>338101082
cont.
I immediately disregard the opinion of anyone who says witcher 1> witcher 3. I know that they're just a mindless contrarian.
>>
>>338083952
I'm curious what you think the good ideas were.
>>
>>338101082
>>338101225
Pretty sure that's a very common and accepted opinion.
>>
Sonic Unleashed was good and in ways, better than Colors or Generations.

The Werehog was solid and played solid, it was just conveyed poorly and had too much artificial extension (too much grinding, levels went on too long). The only really BAD part of the game is the QTE levels. The Sonic levels are the best the franchise has been since the 90s.
>>
>>338101485
I imagine the game would have been better received if they just replaced the Werehog with Knuckles and paced it better.
>>
>>338081705
>Quake 3>CS:GO all day every day. Quake 3 is also the best online multiplayer shooter to date.

>CS:GO is fine as a casual game for shits and giggles. Pretty much terrible in every other aspect

>In Dawn of War 1, Space Marines shit on all other classes with Necrons at second and Chaos at third.Tau are bottom of the barrel.

>The worst vidya fanbase isn't CoD, GTA, or FNAF. It's FIFA. I have never met a FIFA player who wasn't some loud, obnoxious, cock-gobbler who'd scream nigger into his mic at 3 am on a Tuesday night while blasting shitty rap. Rust comes in second, no contest.

>Original Spyro trilogy>original Crash Bandicoot trilogy

>If you are 21+ and you still talk shit to little kids in multiplayer instead of muting them, you really need to consider where you went wrong in life.

>Blizzard is over-rated

>Black Ops 1 is the best CoD

>MW2's multiplayer was garbage and how anyone expected that dev team to make Titanfall amazing is beyond me

>If you've spent more than $1000 making a gaming PC, you're a tool

>Dead Space 1 is an amazing horror game

>If you still bitch about the fact people make money off of Let's Plays, you're either admitting you wish you'd have though of that earlier when it was starting out, or, you work hard and hate what you do and have to come to the conclusion that you could enjoyed life more if you just did what you enjoyed doing.
>>
>>338099078
Out of pure curiosity, what did you back?
>>
>>338101952
La-Mulana 2, and Bard's Tale IV since it came with that game and Wasteland 2 for $20.
>>
>>338101820
Yep.

But people had been going JUST SONIC, NO FRIENDS for so long, they made a game where only Sonic was playable in the dumbest, most obtuse way possible.
>>
File: 1462760070798.jpg (267 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462760070798.jpg
267 KB, 1920x1080
>>338081705
>There is no reason to own a console compared to last gen consoles.
>Nintendo hasn't made a great console since the Gamecube.
>MGS2 is the best MGS game.
>Kojima is a hack who hasn't made anything good since MGS3
>oot is still the best 3D zelda no matter how overrated it might be
>Cosmetics in csgo and tf2 are fine.
>>
>>338092354
>And that X is worse than XIII

No. No it is not. It's true that X mostly gets a free pass due to nostalgia, but XIII is easily the worst game in the series since II. Everything about that game was ridiculously flawed and it did not work well at all.
>>
P4 Ultimax is the best Arc System Works fighter, with Blazblue in second. Guilty Gear is fun and is visually pleasing, but I dislike the gameplay.
>>
>>338085021
I really liked it and it was worth the money despite being disappointed about part 2 and the removal of part 3
>>
The Mega Man Zero subseries is disgustingly overrated.
>>
File: h780A5E1F.jpg (48 KB, 500x487) Image search: [Google]
h780A5E1F.jpg
48 KB, 500x487
No matter what /v/ might make you think, new video games don't, in fact, suck.
>>
File: 1432595813801.jpg (66 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1432595813801.jpg
66 KB, 768x576
gamergate is for virgins

although I guess it's more of a fact than an opinion
>>
File: 1430373785063.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1430373785063.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
reposting this from a previous thread

gay characters in videogames isn't an inherently bad thing, but the way almost every developer goes about it IS a bad thing

progress for the sake of progress helps no one but the creator's ass which is in need of patting. it certainly doesn't help actual gay people (i'm looking RIGHT AT YOU, anthony burch)

writers forget that most, non-tumblr, non-twitter, real-life homosexuals are Anon first and a gay men second. luckily, most gays are aware that having your entire identity and personality revolve around your sexuality makes you a boring-as-fuck person, and at worse, an obnoxious one too

but writers tend to forget that and act like Dorian "Sassy Gay Friend" Pavus are the be-all end-all best representation a gay man could ask for

tl;dr gay characters aren't bad on their own but 99% of the writing that goes into them is

t. Barafag
>>
>>338105184
>unpopular opinion thread
>gives a popular fact
>>
>>338105184
>unpopular opinion
head back to tumblr and you'll find many like you
>>
>>338105382
>being this feelings hurt

guess gamergate really is for crybabby manchilds
>>
>>338105604
you were the one upset enough to start calling people virgins
>>
>>338105693
what's wrong with calling people what they are
>>
>>338105771
were you born this smug and cunty or did you go to school for it
>>
>>338094740
Your opinions are bad
>>
>>338105872
actually I'm a gud boi
>>
File: THE GHOSTESSES.png (232 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
THE GHOSTESSES.png
232 KB, 640x480
>>338105958
dindunuffin?
>>
Turn Based JRPG's are not video games, and anyone who holds them up on a pedestal doesn't know what a good video game is.
>>
Gaming has never been this good before and everyone who's on the hatewagon are jaded.
>>
>>338086795
he's gonna take you back to the past
>>
There will never be a better game than Tetris

Here's why
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnztj1UlkQs
>>
>>338106025
yes, I dindu nuttin
>>
I hate nerds and the culture they've brought
>>
>>338106303
This

Fuck autists, hipsters and gaymergrills
>>
File: 1459793609629.gif (31 KB, 500x546) Image search: [Google]
1459793609629.gif
31 KB, 500x546
>>338089093
>/v/'s overly negative opinion on everything is bad
Welcome to /v/
>Games made by smaller companies should and can be forgiven for minor problems or poor design in some areas
No, anon, all companies should adhere to the same standards.
>Free to play games have revolutionized the market and are a net good.
One hundred dollars for a wedding ring item to give to your life partner in-game is more greedy than revolutionary.
>Overwatch is a great game and all the hatred it's now experiencing from /v/ is salty contrarians looking for the next thing to hate
We have at least 5 active Overwatch threads on this board right now. All the "hate" comes from having the game shoved in our faces as the "TF2 killer" every 10 minutes. It's getting on my nerves.
>Unnecessary or tacked on RPG elements are fine.
If they're unnecessary or tacked on, they're not fine at all, especially if they don't make sense in the context of the game.
>FN@F's is an excellent horror game and series.
No.
>Games made a long time ago are not automatically better then games made today. Many are objectively worse.
I've never heard someone claim a NES game is better than any modern title.
WHAT
>Games being dumbed down is more of a result of developer laziness instead of marketing for the masses
It's a little bit of both, don't you think?
>>
>bait thread
>people taking this shit seriously
>>
File: fsadd[af.png (218 KB, 385x395) Image search: [Google]
fsadd[af.png
218 KB, 385x395
DarkRP would be fucking awesome if there wasn't so many shitty rules
>waaaah you can't raid as x class
>waaaah you can't privatly support groups
>waaaah you can't mug/raid without yelling out to the server about it
>waaaah you can't shoot or retaliate in self defense if you get raided
>waaaah you can't just murder some guy for the fuck of it, you have to be this class
>waaaah you can't have any sort of fun waaaaah
>>
>>338106183
I like Tetris. I get the argument that Tetris is perfect--at what it sets out to achieve. But to me there are so many other games that offer a lot more interesting exerpiences than Tetris that I don't think it makes sense to hold them up to the same standard.
>>
>>338081705
For a second i thought you were talking about this piece of shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vriq0_A_D_c
And was getting ready to flip your shit.
>>
File: who_bitch_this_is.png (259 KB, 757x522) Image search: [Google]
who_bitch_this_is.png
259 KB, 757x522
>>338101485
>There's someone out there who likes Unleashed besides me
Praise Allah!
>>
>>338089093
>Free to play games have revolutionized the market and are a net good.
Net profit maybe. Pushing the market to that brand of bullshit is a bad idea regardless.
>>
>>338081705
When Trump becomes president he shouldn't deport the spics. He ought to re-institute slavery for them along with the niggers. May as well do something productive with them if they don't wanna go home.
>>
File: 1428810918198.jpg (300 KB, 960x926) Image search: [Google]
1428810918198.jpg
300 KB, 960x926
>The Wii was a good system
>Persona 3 and 4 are nearly equal in character development, with Junpei being the only standout from either game
>Nocturne is overrated
>>
Star Citizen is a detriment to the hobby and the people that ironically shitpost about it are morons.
>>
>>338106989
>One hundred dollars for a wedding ring item to give to your life partner in-game is more greedy than revolutionary.
>>338107895

You obviously don't understand how free to play games have revolutionized everything.

They have created a new wave of actual competition of game development. Instead of game developers shitting out the same nonsense every year or the million brown and bloom Call of Duty clones that were rife just a few years ago; new free to play titles have created an era of creating newer, better, nicer games with lower price points.

Now a game developer has to ask himself "why would people play my game instead of league of legends?" when they are designing their game. It's a new golden age as far as I'm concerned.
>>
Warhammer is annoying
>>
Smash is not a real fighting game
>>
File: 1463192578087.jpg (49 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1463192578087.jpg
49 KB, 600x600
Weebshit is the cancer that is ruining steam
>>
>>338108447
You're on the right track by intermingling half-truths in your bait but it all falls apart when you say shit that is plainly inaccurate. Even casuals know CoD clones currently flood the market. At least try next time.
>>
File: 2354325235.jpg (124 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
2354325235.jpg
124 KB, 600x200
>>338081705
/v/ has become neo/v/ with no good taste in videogames.
>>
Galaxy 1 and 2 > Sunshine
MK8 > Double Dash

Come at me, autists
>>
>>338093145
I leik sconnin 2 broh
>>
>>338081705
Halo games are hard on Heroic and Legendary, but that might just be because I'm terrible at video games.
>>
>>338106989
>No, anon, all companies should adhere to the same standards
And what exactly are those cemented and irrefutable standards anon? Does an indie developer have to make his game last more than 16 hours? Does he have to make every environment look flawlessly realistic and every protagonist voiced by Troy Baker? Or does it have to live up to your illusive interpretation of fun?
>>
>>338111413
>cemented and irrefutable standards
game is not shit
doesn't feel like a waste of money or time
you want to replay it and not make it a one time EXPEWEENCE
>>
>>338110145
I don't know why they would, you're right. Sunshine is a shitty, buggy mess and both Galaxy games are really fun.
>>
File: Untitled.png (751 KB, 598x601) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
751 KB, 598x601
>>338112253
Wow that's some pretty retarded shit there friend. You're standards for a good game is "game is not shit"
Brilliant mate.
>>
I unironically enjoyed the fuck out of Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

I even read aloud the terrible dialogue to the best of my ability.
>>
File: Happy.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Happy.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
Fuuka is personally the best Persona girl in may ways in my opinion, though I acknowledge others who have their differences in opinion.
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.