[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
reminder that critics don't want people to be playing sonic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 750x391) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 750x391
reminder that critics don't want people to be playing sonic or megaman or anything like that with good gameplay

they want you to buy indie avant-garde arthouse "masterpieces" and AAA titles with "muh feels" and political messages and with little to no gameplay
>>
But he's right
>>
Sonic games sell regardless of what anybody says about them.
>>
>>338077880
That's such a stupid opinion and if you through some miracle have the mental capacity to think of anything other than how best to eat shit you should feel bad about yourself. It serves no purpose and does absolutely nothing in advancing the thread at all. Your attempt at being clever mirrors your life as a whole in that it utterly fails and will only be viewed with a mix of pity and contempt.

Next time you go to post; next time you go to solve the captcha after rolling your face on the keyboard, do everyone a favor and spare us the displeasure at being subjected to that garbage you call an opinion.

Unless you're contributing to the thread never respond to me again
>>
>>338078009
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

inb4 hi leddit
>>
>>338077880
That's what the critic wants you to think at first so you won't purchase or play the game, therefore ending up not liking it
>>
File: alearningbook.jpg (96 KB, 500x556) Image search: [Google]
alearningbook.jpg
96 KB, 500x556
>>338077880
>>
>Sonic
>Good gameplay
Had a nice laugh at that. Thanks, OP.
>>
>>338077714
Don't lump Megaman in with Sonic games, autist. Sonic games never had good gameplay. They were always you running too fast to see what was coming next.
>>
>>338078009
Sonic games are bad, they're all about speed but it's also full of complete stops and the camera doesn't give you enough reaction time to see what's coming up
>>
>>338077714
Might I read this? Pastebin? Don't insult indie games or defend sonic because honestly hating sonic games in general is a totally solid opinion. I mean, to me sonic has only had like four good games
>>
>>338078182
OK, to be fair, Sonic Advance 1 & 2 were pretty nice. :3
>>
All of the original sonic games on Sega were fucking king of their respective era. Anyone who disagrees is full of shit.
>>
Sonic games have always been shit. Even the 'good' ones on the genesis. They scream at you to go fast and then hide loads of secrets you'll miss by going fast
>>
>>338078387
That's such a stupid opinion and if you through some miracle have the mental capacity to think of anything other than how best to eat shit you should feel bad about yourself. It serves no purpose and does absolutely nothing in advancing the thread at all. Your attempt at being clever mirrors your life as a whole in that it utterly fails and will only be viewed with a mix of pity and contempt.

Next time you go to post; next time you go to solve the captcha after rolling your face on the keyboard, do everyone a favor and spare us the displeasure at being subjected to that garbage you call an opinion.

>>
>>338078415
>>338078387
>>338078349
>>338077880
Oh boy, here they come
>>
>>338078549
>Sonic games have always been shit
Underage faggot please go
>>
>>338078415
>Don't insult indie games or defend Sonic
Wow, what? No. Fuck off with your hivemind senpaitachi
>>
Is /v/ usually this underage?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kE9BR24XIw
Every Sonic is riddled with problems.
>>
>>338079001
>falling off the bridge in emerald coast
>getting HIT BY THE TRUCK IN CITY ESCAPE
Lol what the fuck
>>
>>338078935

yes, but moreso if Sonic involved
>>
>>338078935

>>
>>338078935
/v/ is NintendoHQ. What do you expect them to think of Sonic? All the non-autistics who were fans of Sonic grew up, got jobs and quit video games. So that leads me to ask...why are you here?
>>
>>338079107
hello?
>>
>>338077714
Your wrong. Critics don't want people to play Sonic because he has had so many terrible games for years now to the point that no one remembers the "good" games he once had. And don't bring up Mega Man: at least people remember his games were (mostly) good when he was still around.
>>
>>338079295
No one cares about the good ones because everyone loves bitching about the bad ones
>>
>>338078935
Yeah, I have no idea what's going on here. How the fuck do people think Sonic is good?
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 750x196) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 750x196
>>338079001
>that comment section
fucking gross
>>
>>338079442
Why do you hate every Sonic game like a raging faggot?
I know, how about you reply to this post with your favorite games so we can see all your taste?
>>
>>338079442
I think people just have a problem with how it was worded. It makes out that you shouldn't touch sonic with a 10 foot pole, even though there are plenty of good Sonic games to play. There's just a lot of pretty damn shitty ones too, as we all know.
>>
>>338079840
But people here are literally saying
>Le sonic was never good!!!
Those are shit opinions
>>
HEY GUYS DID YA KNOW I HATE SANIC

DO I FIT IT YET GUISE
>>
>>338079610
>>338079840
The only Sonic game that was above mediocrity was Sonic 3 and Knuckles.
It's a very fair statement to say in general that Sonic games have always sucked.
>>
>>338080271
>sonic games have always sucked
do you honestly think that sonic 1, 2, and CD sucked? Why?
>3&K is just above mediocrity
Please drink bleach
>>
>>338080051
subtle
>>
>>338080501
Spotted the butthurt sonicfaggot that is blinded by nostalgia faggotry. You're probably the same kind of guy that goes around saying "Wow, how come no one can make any good Sonic games? :^("

And this is not me hating on Sega. Sega had plenty of great games in their consoles. Streets of Rage, Altered Beast, Phantasy Star, Shining Force II, Shinobi III

But Sonic was always the shit series that served to buy consoles via a poor attempt at making their own Mario. There's a reason why the vast majority of people that liked those games are now huge autismos.
>>
>>338080989
Why is your only argument "le nostalgia goggles" and "le butthurt fanboy"?
Please, provide arguments
>>
>>338080989
>Altered Beast
>good

Played your hand too early, little man. You're aware no one is going to care about your shitposting after this thread dies, right? Why go out of your way to act like a pretentious contrarian faggot?
>>
common anti-sonic autist arguments
>you can't see in front of yourself
yes you can it's like mario
roll into a ball or something if you're that anxious
>it stops you from going fast
try building momentum
>nostalgia goggles
fuck off
>sonic was never good
fuck off
>it's a part of it's time! it's too edgy!
i thought you kids adored the 90s
>>
What would a sequel to 3&K been like had they made one in 1995 or 1996
>>
File: 1460251046607.png (193 KB, 516x444) Image search: [Google]
1460251046607.png
193 KB, 516x444
>>338079001
>THICK
>THICKER
>>
When did this "Actually, Sonic games were never good" horse shit start?

It had to been some hot shot YouTube celeb the majority of underage poster on /v/ worships. The series up until Adventure 2 was always considered as great on here up until recently. Now there's some complete 180 attacking the original games with horse shit reasoning.
>>
>>338079001
>ugh he's not responsive he's not going omegafast
It's almost like you need momentum or something
>>
>>338083046
It's the same faggots that try to shit on Zelda games. Dumbass kids that want to "rebel" and look cool against the "old timers."
>>
Why do people take issue with the screen size? I've come to believe it's just people blaming the game because they suck
>>
>>338083285
Zelda 1 and Ocarina of Time were great for the time but have aged badly. Zelda 2, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Windwaker, Oracles and many others continue to be excellent games even by today's standards.

Unlike the Sonic games, which were never good, not even back in the day they released.
>>
Underage kids raised on games that hold their hands, playing poor emulated versions with wireless controllers on their HDTVs with high input lag

There's a reason why they can't react, and it's because they're stupid.
>>
File: you can stop now.png (86 KB, 620x246) Image search: [Google]
you can stop now.png
86 KB, 620x246
>>338083964
>>
>>338083964
>le aged badly meme
I suppose you got your opinions from some "youtube game analyzer expert"?
>>
>>338084206
Arin "Egorapist" Hanson hates OoT.

He's also fucking terrible at games.
>>
File: 1432566022682.jpg (25 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
1432566022682.jpg
25 KB, 460x276
>>338083964
>ocarina of time aged badly
>ww continues to be excellent
>>
>>338084206
Look at OoT's graphics. Look at its 20 fps framerate
>>
Why are some Sonic fans such cucks when it comes to these "critics"?
Why don't they defend their game?
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 568x473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 568x473
>>338084341
The graphics and framerate are fine? Also
>muh grafx
It's still a great game
>>
>>338084415
Because critics and e-celebs have idiots eat out of their hands.
>>
File: laughing_0.gif (102 KB, 595x335) Image search: [Google]
laughing_0.gif
102 KB, 595x335
>>338084521
>Man on /v/ literally says 20 fps is fine

When people say something aged poorly theyre either talking about archaic mechanics or the graphics
>>
Now that everybody thinks that Sonic was never good, when are we gonna get around to convincing them that Nintendo has never made a good game? C'mon, I'm sure we can do it.
>>
>>338085312
Play the 3DS version then
>>
>>338080989
It's amazing how someone can say so much without saying anything at all
>>
>>338085312
The game was made with 20 fps in mind

I bet you dont know what that entails though
>>
File: 3ds-oot-ganonlookslikeshit.png (286 KB, 920x264) Image search: [Google]
3ds-oot-ganonlookslikeshit.png
286 KB, 920x264
>>338085387
That's even worse unusually

>>338085586
I hear the game does the calculations for 60fps internally but only "SHOWS" you 20 of those frames per second to save on GPU throughput and achieve a far more stable framerate. But it's still 20 fps silky smooth HEEHEHEHHE
>>
>>338083964
I have literally never played a game that people say "aged badly" and not enjoyed it
>>
Just watched the first level of every Sonic game thing
That was unbearable for 1-Adventure
>>
CAN YOU FEEEL LIFE
MOVING THROUGH YOUR MIND
>>
>>338085919
OOOOH LOOKS LIKE HE CAME BACK FOR MORE
YEAH YEAH YEAH
>>
>>338084415

Sonic fans are anything but cucks.

They've done essays, info graphs, reverse engineering to prove why the new games fail on a technical level.

They even blast the games that critics have given positive reviews too and called them idiots. They even caught one reviewer straight up lying about completing the game and giving it a full review. He only played up to stage 2.

Not only that, but these fuckers are so dedicated to the franchise that they even created their own 2D and 3D engines that do a better job of replicating the original physics and feel of Sonic games.

That's not even mentioning the fact that they went out of their way to pitch enhanced remakes from the ground up of 3 classic Sonic games when any other dev would have made a frontend for a shit emulator and call it a day.

Sonic fans are fierce as fuck. They've accomplished more than any journo or anyone on /v/ in regards to their favorite franchise. They ain't fucking cucks
>>
>>338086173
Well, some are.
But the Sonic fans you mentioned in your post seem pretty based.
>>
>>338086301

Every community has their share of faggots and useless cucks.

But what other community responds to a shit tier port of a classic game with their own port that's faithful to the original and add a a ton of features and new characters?
>>
File: tmp_21573-images(2)-1359866538.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
tmp_21573-images(2)-1359866538.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
>>338086698

Forgot my picture
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 480x360
>>338086698
>tfw I kind of want to make a Sonic game based off of the classics now
>>
>>338077714
sonic doesn't have very good gameplay though
it was to the early 90s what uncharted is now
>>
>>338087123
top shitpost my friend
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 260x194
Sonic R has one of the best soundtracks in any Sonic game.
Prove me wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWVoIRsRpxs
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.