[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just so we're clear You get upset when DS3 reused Anal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: old dragonslayer.jpg (198 KB, 1308x735) Image search: [Google]
old dragonslayer.jpg
198 KB, 1308x735
Just so we're clear

You get upset when DS3 reused Anal Londo, despite the fact that it was just a single room, had a unique bossfight, contributed to the story and had every reason to be there

But its totally fine when DS2 copypastes 2 entire bossfights (Ornstein, Gargoyles) down to the movesets, the models and the fucking music, and gives absolutely no in-game justification for this?
>>
>>338076441
No.
You seemed to have missed the non-stop threads on how Dark souls 2 is the worst souls games because all it was doing was making pointless callbacks.

Also, who the fuck got mad that anal rodeo makes a appearance again?
Most people are mad because of the countless broken mechanics. Not one or to well used callbacks.
>>
i didn't get upset when DS3 re-used Anor Londo and i didn't care when DS2 copypasted fights

sure feels good to enjoy video games
>>
>>338076441
It's more like the opposite reaction, just so we're clear.
>>
Yep both games should look up to DaS1, we need more original and cool boss designs without gimmicks or reused stuff, particularly Asylum Demon, Stray Demon, Firesage Demon, Centipede Demon, Bed of Chaos, Ceaseless Discharge, Moonlight Butterfly and Pinwheel. That was pure From A team quality right there.
>>
Dark Souls used the same model and moveset for like three different bosses:
Demon Firesage
Stray Demon
Asylum Demon
>>
Obviously, it's not. And I don't know what fantasy world you live in where people have no problems with ds2. It gets shit on more than any other game in the series.

And yes, re-using Anor Londo is lazy in 3, even when you re-vamp the area. The architecture was no different than before. And since we're on the topic, the throwback to 1-1 on your way to twin princes was also stupid nostalgia shit.
>>
File: latest.jpg (21 KB, 480x269) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
21 KB, 480x269
I liked seeing anal londo again but it didn't make sense.... did they rebuild it exactly as it was? no because the giant is dead in it... so how did they MOVE an entire castle to another location?
>>
>>338076441
Just so we're clear
I liked re-visiting anal rodeo
and so did most people
kys
>>
>>338077258
all locations from different times and places are pulled together for the linking of the fire. Aldritch seizes the opportunity to try a godly meal
>>
>>338076441
DaS firesage is Demons souls vanguard with 2 added magic fire moves. I know cause I beat it earlyer and I can beat vanguard with my eyes closed now and immediatly recognized the moveset. (there are subtle differences with the copy pasted moves too.)

pinwheel is kinda copying doll aswell but much easier.

i'm not salty about that though, its makes you nostalgia about DeS.

candle maidens staff is even in undead parish on the statues.

>no ingame justification
there is none for fog gates post DeS either. are you angry?
>>
>>338076441
you forgot to mention dragon riders
i think there were 5 total, an entire boss fight was just 2 of them
>>
Dark Souls 2 is a terrible game. Nobody really likes it, it's just a meme. I really don't think you people can eat shit and say it's good.

No one wants to talk about Dark Souls 2, or play it. People just want to pretend to like it to be edgey.
>>
File: 1433468169386.png (237 KB, 399x305) Image search: [Google]
1433468169386.png
237 KB, 399x305
>>338076441
>complaining about optional bossfights

Why would you do that?
>>
>>338078554
The final game is "okay." The DLC adds a bit to it, but it's too forward and not subtle enough about lore. Also there are too many repeated concepts and enemies that are too bland or human.
>>
>>338078554
>le eating shit analogy
could you try a bit harder next time?
>>
>>338078795

Every single zone I went too, I told myself "WELL THIS HAS TO BE THE WORST BIT I GUESS" but each part was worse then the last.

Everyone kept telling me the DLC makes the game better, but I got to the first one which was really fucking annoying to get too, and it was worse then the last too. I don't understand how people like it, I can't even rate it as a bad souls game, it's a bad game in general.. And I love every other Souls game in the series.

Actually have a few friends with this opinion, and we're still to this day trying to work out how people can say this games good. I really need someone to explain there mindset for this shit. Pretty much all the game is filled with bullshit, too many enemies with a combat style that isn't designed around fighting them all at once, the fact that there all the damn same.. AND THE FACT THERE'S MORE POISON SWAMPS THEN ANYTHING ELSE.. AND THE POISON NOW GIBS YOU? Why was that a thing? Why is there a swamp under the kings castle? WHY

>>338079521
Clean the shit out of your mouth and tell me why it's good. I really can't see it, feels like a fangame made by people who barely played the first game.
>>
>>338079769
It's really not that good, but the pvp is leagues better than anything miyazaki has ever shat out
>>
>>338079769
ALSO, to back up this post.. Does Scholar of the First Sin make the game 200x more shit? Cause I've only really invested time into that version. I've heard people saying it fixed a lot of stuff, and heard a few friends saying they just went ham and placed thousands of enemies everywhere.. Which was part of the problem of the game.
>>
>>338079883
I've only ever used PvP as a sort of side thing, or a fun way to get humanity. Kinda always saw it as a mini-game really, so guess that doesn't help my opinion on the game.
>>
>>338079769
>Clean the shit out of your mouth and tell me why it's good.
Care to stop sucking some From dick and explain how Demon Ruins, Lost Izalith, Tomb of the Giants, Valley of the Drakes, Depths and Blighttown among others are so good and massively better than DaS2 shitty areas? Or how bosses like copy-pasted demons or lazy garbage like Ceaseless Discharge or Bed of Chaos are good?
>>
File: 1382047782135.gif (10 KB, 222x221) Image search: [Google]
1382047782135.gif
10 KB, 222x221
>>338076957
This tbqh
>>
>>338080345
the path from the Depths down to Blighttown was one of the best designed areas in the game

maybe we appreciate different things in Souls level design
>>
>>338080345
They really weren't that good, but they were in a good game. Dark Souls 2 feels about that quality all the way through. At least it's consistent I guess?

Blight town wasn't too bad without the FPS issues, Depths were fine and Valley of the Drakes is so small I've never really put much thought into it, it's basically a hallway?

Lost Izalith/Demon Ruins were shite.. But Dark Souls 2 really does feel like that all the way though.
>>
>>338080669
>the path from the Depths down to Blighttown was one of the best designed areas in the game
Yeah it's so good that 99% of players skip it with master key (after they realize how to do it) because it's tedious garbage
>maybe we appreciate different things in Souls level design
or maybe just somebody like to suck Miyasuckys dick
>>
>it's ok for DS3 to reuse Fume's moveset for Pontiff
>>
>>338076441
Who are you talking about?
Me? Because I never said that, you have me confused with someone else.
>>
>>338081527
its ok if you disagree

what are your favorite Souls areas? why are they your favourite?
>>
>>338076441
>But it's totally fine

Fuck off with your strawman you worthless faggot. Plenty of people were calling this shit out day 1.
>>
The thread is eventually going to boil down to which Souls game is the best so I'm going to pre-empt it and say

Bloodborne>DaS>DeS>DaS3>DaS2
>>
>>338082280
Thanks for that incredibly wrong opinion
>>
>>338082426
It's OK to be in denial of facts
>>
>>338081690
Genuine shitposting.

They have movesets that are absolutely nothing alike, you are completely wrong.

>>338076441
DS2 copypasted ornstein, gave absolute no indication of his role in the game, and largely made the cathedral of the blue feel like a last minute addition.

But he did have a unique music track.

DS3's implementation of ornstein in essence is a great call back, because it completely transforms the bosses moveset, the arena approach to the fight, the second phase mechanics, and actually has a unique lore/story.

The dragonslayer armour in dark souls 3 is a prized piece of armour that belonged to a dragonslayer who was part of ornstein's gang, ornstein himself seemed to have ventured towards the archdragon peak having had something to do with nameless king, or gwyn's firstborn.

The armour of the dragonslayer then was possessed by the dark flames of the pilgrim butterflies, this is why they die when you vanquish him.

It's interesting to me how people are ripping dark souls 3 apart for references to dark souls 1, and yet fall blind to just how simply dark souls 2 did it with things like the four lords souls being there for no real reason, and the old dragon slayer.
>>
>>338076441
>it's totally fine when DS2 copypastes 2 entire bossfights
No it's not, nobody ever said that

But instead of looking at Ds2's mistakes , Ds3 makes them more glaring . There are millions more references to DaS1 in DaS3. Anor Londo in DaS3 is literally the same as it was in DaS1 with some different enemies. Heide's tower of flame and belfry luna had nothing to do with previous souls games.
>>
>>338082707
>flamebait is facts now

Okay mon frere
>>
>>338082980
Facts and flamebait aren't necessarily mutually exclusive
>>
>>338082280
>DaS that high
not with that second half bub.
>>
>>338082943
>here is a small DS3 area that was in DS1 and here is a DS2 area that wasn't in DS1

>this is an argument
>>
>>338082803
>They have movesets that are absolutely nothing alike, you are completely wrong.

lel
>>
>>338083035
Of course they are. My opinions are fact after all.
>>
>>338083210
They aren't, and no your opinion is not a fact , unless it aligns with mine on this specific matter because my opinion aligns with the ground reality
>>
>>338083158
It basically comes down to what you think is more lazy, rehashing areas or rehashing bosses.
>>
>>338077258
It literally says in the opening cutscene that Lothric is a transitory land. All the countries and lands that are relevant to the events of Dark 2 are moving in space to be closer together. Why does nobody understand this?
>>
>>338083346
Dark 3, rather. Fuck.
>>
>>338082943
>Anor Londo in DaS3 is literally the same as it was in DaS1 with some different enemies
its a single fucking room, and everything between Sully's bossfight and the spiral elevator is completely different.
>>
>>338083320
Your definition of your opinion being fact means opinion is fact, therefore my opinion that fact is opinion is, indeed, fact.
>>
>>338083570
My definition of my opinion is being fact,
In this specific matter only, and it's not a fact because I said so , It's a fact because it simply aligns with the actual facts
>>
>>338084091
And my opinion that your opinion being fact is fact because it is my opinion is fact. It's only my opinion, though :^)
>>
>>338081985
>what are your favorite Souls areas? why are they your favourite?
I don't care about level design if the gameplay is fun. And stupid shit that limits your playstyle or goes against the previously established rule of the game is tedious and anti-fun - so anything that deliberately slows your movement, limiting your vision (like in Tomb of the Giants), range enemies with tracking shots that you can't fight properly in melee, endlessly respawning enemies, requiring to use a specific item to beat some enemy or boss, stuff like that
A level can be literally a rectangle shaped empty room, but if the enemies are fun to fight I'll enjoy it way more than for example some amazingly designed level that was filled with respawning enemies and mages/archers in high unreachable places that either force me to spring from cover to cover or cheese them with range attacks
>>
>>338077258
CONVOLUUUUUUUUUUUUUTION
>>
I don't get the huge amount of hate for ds2. It's actually pretty fun and the fashion abs weapons options are plentiful.

I think you all just hold ds1 too high and everything else is not worthy of the name
>>
>>338076441
2 is literally better than 3
>>
>>338080345
Wait a sec. I honestly can't tell if you're insulting the areas you listed or not.

How can anyone dislike Blighttown? Both it and the Depths were fantastic. Who the fuck doesn't get a boner from the mere MENTION of vertical shantytowns? Stupid idiots, that's who.
>>
>>338076441
>despite the fact it was just a single room
Objectively false
>contributed to the story
Hahahahahah I can't put enough quotations around story so I won't even try
>>
>>338085876
>weapons options are plentiful.
Not only that, but they actually let you infuse and buff a lot of special and boss weapons.
DaS3 went the furthest in that bullshit restriction route, almost everything that upgrades with scales or twinkling can't be buffed or infused. Now sure it makes sense that you can't infuse or buff something like a Firelink greatsword or a Profaned Greatsword that already have special fire attacks or buffs that come with them, but why the fuck can't you for example buff or infuse something like a Hollowslayer Greatsword (that is just a pure physical damage sword without any crazy special elemental attacks or anything) or Gundyr's Halberd? If they think it would be too OP, just reduce the base damage on the uninfused weapon and there you go.
>>
>>338076441
>But its totally fine when DS2 copypastes 2 entire bossfights (Ornstein, Gargoyles) down to the movesets
First, that's not true, they have new moves and are balanced for different stages in the game.
Second, DaS2 is quantity over quality. There are like 35 bosses if you include the DLC. The fight with Ornstein is 1% of the whole game.

>>338080024
SOTFS removes more enemies than it adds. Heide has more knights, Forest of Fallen Giants has more hollows near the start, but pretty much everywhere else has less enemies than before.

>>338082280
BB=DaS>DeS>>>DaS2>DaS3
>>
>>338077051
>mfw a Asylum Stray Firesage fucks your shit up
>>
>>338089170
thats coming in the DLC my boi
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.