[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GameCube Warriors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: Nintendo_GameCube.jpg (470 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo_GameCube.jpg
470 KB, 1600x1200
my little fucker here is slowly dieing i think. its buzzing like hell when playing a game recently.
i know there is a problem with the laser reader on these old fuckers.
does anyone know if there is anything i can do?
i dont necessarily want to upgrade to a wii

general gamecube thread i guess, everyone welcome :-)
>>
>>338074612
>2016
>not having a hacked Wii to play every GC AND Wii games for free
>>
>>338074831
im more of a retro guy.. but yeah im thinking about buying a wii. shit is still like 60 eurobucks with an original remote.
>>
>>338074831
>not just downloading an emulator
pleb thinks he's hot shit
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462720346878.jpg (16 KB, 474x247) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462720346878.jpg
16 KB, 474x247
>>338075075
input lag you cuck
also op get a crt aswell
>>
Buy another one for $15
>>
File: gfs_100284_2_102.jpg (57 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
gfs_100284_2_102.jpg
57 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>338074612
Open it up, disassemble the optical drive and notice the potentiometer pot behind it, turn it counterclockwise a little bit (and I mean a little bit, like 3 degrees)

re-assemble (but do not put the screws back yet) to test.

It should do a little beep and then boot up the game, if it took too long you can adjust a lil bit more.

You can also clean the lens with alcohol and a piece of cotton now that you're there.

That should do it.

Close that shit up and enjoy
>>
>>338075075
>not playing the real deal

i'm sorry for you anon, you will never play them games in your comfy couch
>>
>>338075432
that sounds like the advice i was looking for.
did you do it yourself? i think the gamecube has some strange screws, guess i need to check where i get a tool for that.. or is it possible to disassembe the optical drive from the top?
>>
>>338075783
Yes I've done it myself several times, I have yet to find a gamecube that still doesn't work after that.

I have a gamebit screwdriver for those screws.

If you don't have one, you can use a bic pen but I warn you, be careful or you may break the pen while it takes shape and it will get stuck in the screw holes.

Here's how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqleaD3yYys
>>
File: re4chain.jpg (26 KB, 550x350) Image search: [Google]
re4chain.jpg
26 KB, 550x350
>>
File: 1455293064458.jpg (36 KB, 349x328) Image search: [Google]
1455293064458.jpg
36 KB, 349x328
>>338076090
thanks alot!
>>
>>338076263
np man, feel free to take pics if you're not sure what to do.
>>
>>338074612
Emulate. Consoles were great in their time. But their time has passed, and nobody will have replacement parts in the future. If you want to keep playing old games in the way the developers intended, emulation is the best option to real hardware which, in your case, is dying. HD remakes are a meme. An expensive one.
>>
>>338076447
im too tired to do this today, i just wanted to hear if someone has any suggestions.
guess i surf a bit and try to inform myself on that matter a little bit more. thanks though

>>338076743
you wouldnt believe it but i think my pc is too shitty to emulate gamecube games. i tried to emulate some wii games some time ago and it was a terrible lagfest :(
>>
dude, just emulate it
its free and it works and has save states and its free
>>
>>338077053
Well, I was speaking theoretically. Today, it may be a good decision to repair your console. But 5 years from now? 10? 30? No console will ever live that long.
>>
yeah i know but as long as its possible to repair it with little bucks i prefer playing on the actual hardware. i get your point though
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.