[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More Fortresscraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
So why haven't you bought this fantastic masterpiece of a game yet?
Fortresscraft is like tekkit, on steroids, only better.
Picture shows my Research lab, powered by 4 jet engines, fully powered and automated. Fed by pod-factories from all sides, all types, always fully loaded ready to perform the next research.
>>
File: powered-anti-threat.jpg (308 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
powered-anti-threat.jpg
308 KB, 1920x1200
>>338069465
Up top, more jet turbines powering my guns to fend off those incoming threats
>>
File: spiderbot-wut.jpg (461 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
spiderbot-wut.jpg
461 KB, 1920x1200
>>338069779
The spiderbot trying to decend from a hanging floor. Legs are glitchy but he's fine.
>>
File: 20160507230020_1.jpg (537 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
20160507230020_1.jpg
537 KB, 1920x1200
>>338069934
Early smelting area. Looks a lot different now 30+ hours later, and has a much much larger rate of throughput of ores!
>>
>>338069779
>>338069934
>>338069465
games like this seem super wiki reliant to play
>>
>>338070587
It's not minecraft, which is good!
In game tutorial and help system is quite good, and the community and main dev is super helpful.
I only check the wiki to see values of some lasers and machines, but latest updates are making sure these are shown in game as well.
>>
>>338070818
wait is it early access?
>>
bump because this game always seems awesome
>>
>>338069779
Because it looks nasty and Factorio is better.
>>
>>338070927
No, and it's extremely fleshed out already. I have almost 200 hours playtime and I haven't seen it all. (playing on "scarce", which is basically the 2nd slowest setting)
I've seen some people review this game on steam with 5000+ hours (five thousand, not a typo!!).

Bugs/glitches are extremely rare, and usually patched within days or a week. I had some issues with invisible machines when I had like 200+ machines and 400+ conveyers on screen at the same time. Disabling dynamic fps solved that, at the expense of some few less frames per second.
>>
>>338069465
Because it's severely lacking in other departments. No proper mobs. AI is laughable, you don't exist to them. Worms unkillable. Just a message that you're dead in proximity to the BBC. It's just you, hive minds and some 4 million blocks to reaching the last tech which does nothing.
>>
>>338071320
I havent played factorio, but I heard they are both good.
Fortresscraft is full 3D first person though, and has some support for VR.

The cold caverns are beautiful and really atmospheric.
>>
Haven't played it for half a year but the builds were a mess around the time the tunnel-attacks got patched in and they ate my base so I stopped playing.
How stable is multiplayer these days? I doubt I'd start again by myself but last I tried it with a friend it was extremely rubberbandy and had plenty of sync issues.
>>
>>338071517
It's not about the mobs, or firepower, or the power. It's about getting the power to the guns, and planning out the infrastructure to support the firepower.
Also, if you wanted a challenge, you should set a difficulty where the CPH death has a consequence. (easy mode means no consequence in early game)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.