[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, since the memes have settled down, das2 still have the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 84hjgufd7.jpg (148 KB, 694x362) Image search: [Google]
84hjgufd7.jpg
148 KB, 694x362
So, since the memes have settled down, das2 still have the best pvp in souls series?
>>
Sadly yes
>>
naw, magic still sucked for the most part, and poise was all kinds of retarded in it.
agility also made predicting rollframes really inconsistent.
overall, pve aside, every game in the series, including bloodborne, has equally shitty PvP.
DaS1 is probably No.1 by a small margin if both players aren't lagging and both know how to play against lagstabs.
>>
>>338069371
It's telling that despite the current state of DS3's PvP with no poise, it's still better than DS2's
>>
>>338069371
There are no SL brackets, so there is no reason not to hit the softcap in every stat

There is no reason not to wear full Havel's with more i-frames than a ninja flip, hexes, and cheesy shit like dual mundane avelyns, mundane santier's, poison batstaff, monestary scimmy, gower's ring etc.

Its a total meme
>>
>>338069921

I think BB would be the best if the Bell Maiden system was removed or swapped out with something more efficient.
>>
>>338070174
>There is no reason not to wear full Havel's with more i-frames than a ninja flip, hexes, and cheesy shit like dual mundane avelyns, mundane santier's, poison batstaff, monestary scimmy, gower's ring etc.
that shit is fixed, so there is actually a balance right now
Soulmemory can be fixed with a ring if you wish to freeze it
>>
>>338070174

You forgot to mention the whole "spin round and round and round so that game doesn't load up the animation for your running attack" thing.
>>
>>338070665

>Agape Ring

I wouldn't really consider that a fix because you have to sacrifice a ring slot and, once you equip it, cannot buy any consumables like firebombs and lloyd's talismans.
>>
>>338070174
Yea, now there are weapon rating brackets instead

Poise doesn't work
PvP area covenants are actually bugged
Sorceries, Faith, and Pyromancy are useless in hybrid builds
Stat return is actually horrible
Majority of weapons are useless
Split damage is useless yet again
Bows / throwables are useless because of poor tracking
Ring that makes you invisible is unbalanced
Greatshields
Physical damage reduction on armor actually does nothing

I can go on and on but you get the point
>>
>>338070665
You know what would have completely fixed SM? Tie it to the souls you spend, instead of the souls you earn

Why should I applaud From's retarded halfstep measure?
>>
>>338070823
Lloyds are kinda trashy because throwing speed is slow af, and bombs/knifes are really cheap, you need like about 20k in summary to pack up 2 stacks of these, and this will be enough for hell a lot of games
>>
>>338070837
>Yea, now there are weapon rating brackets instead
Which is much less onerous than Soul memory? And still mitigates twinking? Do you actually disagree?

I can control where my weapon is leveled. I can't play the game or invade people without slowly creeping out of the SM bracket. Agape was a retarded half-measure, delivered a year too late.
>>
>>338071282
I mean a lot of duels
>>
>>338071354
>And still mitigates twinking?
Weapon rating restrictions really doesn't mitigate twinking. People can easily summon a friend to drop endgame rings and unranked equipment.

Twinks with Prisoner's chain, raw anri's sword / estoc / dark sword, hornet ring, rosia's ring, etc are complete bullshit to fight
>>
das2 also has the best ng+, it felt different than playing through the first time, and felt more challenging, regardless of the build
in das3 ng+ is actually easy mode, on my first ng+ run I completely dumpstered every boss, it was almost like their damage and HP went up barely, by like 20% at most compared to NG, while your HP, damage and stamina got tripled
>>
>>338071697
Estoc is a starting weapon you dumb cunt, and Prisoner's chain barely makes a difference. Raw Astora Straight Sword is actually the strongest weapon you can use at base stats, and that's available in the first area.

DS3 twinks are nowhere near as invincible as DeS or DaS twinks. And you act like DS2 twinks couldn't just load up a mule save and legitimately invade people with SL727 and SM0. There were mule saves for PS3 and 360 within a week of release, and they weren't considered hacking.

You really don't know what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1455816792530.jpg (88 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
1455816792530.jpg
88 KB, 1000x668
>>338069371
>soul memory
>>
>>338069371
>There are people who defend soul memory
>There are people who act like soul memory didn't kill SL builds
>There are people who act like there was no other way that From could have killed twinking
>>
>>338069371
Yup.
>>
>>338069371
pve
das2>das3>das1=DeS
pvp
DeS=Das3>das1>das2
>>
>>338072491
Quote the part where I implied estoc was dropped by a higher level character? I also said Anri's, not Astora.

I can't be bothered replying in full to an illiterate douche
>>
>>338073098
You sure about that?
>>
PVE: DAS>DS3=BB=DMS>DS2
SINGLE PVP:DAS=DMS>DS3=DS2>BB
GROUP PVP/VS GANKS:DAS>DS2>DMS>DS3=BB
INVASIONS:DAS>DS3=DMS>BB>DS2

any objections?
Lack of poise really fucks up any chanceyou havein group pvp.
thanks for giving us the shitty NOPOISE Meme, BB.
>>
>>338073280
Raw Astora is better than Anri's at base stats

Are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>338073098
>>338073502
pretty much
>>
>>338073098
>Das2 #1 PVE
intothetrash.jpg
>>
>>338073502
invasions were the most fun in DS2, as long as you used CE to dupe red eye orbs and manage your SM bracket

>You could invade hollows
>You could invade after they killed the boss
>You search for hosts in every part of the stage, not just in specific sectors
>>
File: confused starfish.gif (777 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
confused starfish.gif
777 KB, 250x250
>>338072491

>And you act like DS2 twinks couldn't just load up a mule save and legitimately invade people with SL727 and SM0

Why do people insist on bringing up this retarded argument? It's heavily implied that any discussion of a game(especially one that's online) will revolve around its own mechanics and not the existence of trainers or any other outside programs. Soul Memory is shit on its own merits, it's not shit because it doesn't prevent hackers from invading your world.
>>
>>338073098
Swap pvp and pve and its good
>>
>>338073934
I couldn't get invasions if i wanted to. not only wantthe SM range small and fluctuating, but there was a pinglimit- as a strayan, shit was terrible. i was severely limited to the arena, which was little fun as someone that enjoys playing the dickass.
i also didn't dupe eye orbs.
>>
>>338074250
Its not an outside program

A mule is a save file that allows you to level up and invade LEGITIMATELY. Why? Because the mechanics around SM are utterly retarded.

At least look this shit up before you try to talk about it.
>>
>>338074250
I want to try and follow your logic here

From implemented SM, which completely killed SL builds
They did this because they wanted to stop twinking
But you admit that it is literally impossible to stop twinking, especially when its so ludicrously easy to cheat

Therefore, From killed SL builds attempting to do, what you admit, is impossible.

Pragmatically, how can you justify SM? You get all of the downsides for a goal that is impossible. I mean think about it for a second. If people were willing to play through the entire game and kill the 4Kings at SL1 in order to twink, why wouldn't they be willing to take 5 minutes and download a mule save file?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.