[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Battlefield just ARMA for casual plebs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: jetswap.jpg (55 KB, 638x350) Image search: [Google]
jetswap.jpg
55 KB, 638x350
Is Battlefield just ARMA for casual plebs?
>>
ARMA is Battlefield but boring and for autistics
>>
>>338069257
Arma is like Battlefield but with all fun removed. Instead the fun is just talking with other people over Discord.
>>
Both are garbage for tacticool kiddies. ARMA is worse, since at least most people playing BF realize it's a stupid video game, ARMA has full-on autistic fucks who go full LARP mode and pretend like they're in the actual military in their game sessions
>>
>>338069350
this

oh and dont forget extremely unoptimised and unpolished
>>
ARMA is like Trigger Delay: The Game. It's more military simulator than vidya.
>>
>>338069257
They are both great walking simulators

BF at least has action
>>
>>338069768
there is trigger delay?
>>
>>338069768
it IS a mil sim, not a perfect one mind you, but i'm pretty sure they advertise it as such
>>
>>338069890
nope
>>
>>338069257
Battlefield is just CoD for hardcore elites.
>>
>>338069503
>Discord
*VOIP
>>
>>338069350
>>338069743
loser kids
>>
>>338069257
Can someone post the video of this pic?
>>
>>338069257
ArmA would be dead by now, if DayZ wouldnt happend.
>>
Battlefield is just A,B,C,D,W,X,Y, and Z for people that want to play extremely well optimized shooters that look great with lots of players and vehicular mayhem.
>>
ArmA is a no fun allowed serious business only simulator.

BF is all fun and autism allowed and doesn't take itself seriously.
>>
all ADS games are ultra casual normie tomfuckery

/v/ regularly debates the merits of various ADS

there is no third line
>>
>>338069257
battlefield is like MY game balanced for MY gaming needs.
ARMA is just a full on simulation of bullets and war.
>>
>>338070184
Sure thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrOIgxQ--Tc

The Jet Swap has to be seen to be believed.
>>
>>338069901
It's not a milsim, they advertise it as a videogame.
VBS is their milsim, arma is just a heavily dumbed and stripped down version of VBS.
You can get VBS now even as civilian I believe.
>>
Gun games go to >>>/k/
>>
>>338070384
"ultimate mil sim" says the box art of the "game", specifically arma 2, i don't think arma 3 has a box art
>>
>>338069257
Battlefield is a game where the tacticool players meet the spastic, jumping, weaving players and the tacticool players that can aim kill the spastics that can't and vice versa. In the background a tank shoots a jet out of the sky which hits a low flying helicopter sending it into a MRAP that promptly explodes. Then you get accused of hacking.

ARMA is a trudging stroll through hills filled with death and frantic milspeak.

They both try to do different things.
>>
>>338070384
Your shithead they do advertise it as war/military simulation since OFP times.
>>
>>338070465
GAMES in general go here
>>
>>338070329
That ADS games can't play well is a meme. It's probably based in there often being random spread in games or some other shit that has absolutely nothing to do with there also being ADS.
>>
>>338069350
1000 times this.

>BUT ARMA IS LE HARDCORE GAME!!!

It's fucking trash and everybody knows it. It LITERALLY only has players because some greasy mouthbreather made a half finished (probably more like quarter finished) zombie mod and suddenly it's the new meme to pretend to like those games.
>>
>>338069768
>military sim

Yeah, no. You actually see the enemy in ARMA and not just the crackling of gunfire from a ridge while you wait for a jet to empty its payload on them.
>>
>comparing two completely different games that have nothing to do with each other except for shooting stuff
>>
File: DSC_2687.jpg (669 KB, 1669x1894) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2687.jpg
669 KB, 1669x1894
>>338071213
>greasy mouthbreather

Projecting much?
>>
>>338069768
No fucking shit you dumb fuck
>>
>>338071567
I can literally see the fucking grease in his hair, what a terrible image to try and prove a point, you literally backed me up lmao
>>
>>338071459
>completely different games
Nah both are broken
>>
battlefeild is arcade mode war sim.

arma is hard mode but still not sim

VBS + lightguns or projector + live ammo = simulator.
>>
>>338069503
This tbqh.
>>
>>338071567
>buy my game guys.
>Here's the walking dead promo picture to advertise it.
>>
>>338071742
>I can literally see the fucking grease in his hair
Its called hair gel. Or did you think his hair just stands like that naturally?
>>
>>338071792
Why so complicated senpai? Just go to Syria and save alot of money desu.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.