[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Oddworld finally revealed the new Abe model for Soulstorm.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: ABEFACE_8291.jpg (1 MB, 3852x4200) Image search: [Google]
ABEFACE_8291.jpg
1 MB, 3852x4200
So Oddworld finally revealed the new Abe model for Soulstorm. A considerable design change, what d'you guys think?
>>
File: abeNNT.jpg (139 KB, 1280x687) Image search: [Google]
abeNNT.jpg
139 KB, 1280x687
The most recent New n' Tasty model for comparison (keeping in mind Soulstorm's being developed by a different studio)
>>
>>338062635

It's not that big of a change honestly. New and Tasty Abe looked different too.

I like it.
>>
>A considerable design change
>what d'you guys think?

I think its not considerable, it looks pretty much the same.
>>
>dude anti-consumerism
>http://www.gametee.co.uk/category/oddworld
>>
>>338062635
Doesn't look bad, gotta wonder why they'd shrink his head size, it makes his eyes look fucking huge.
>>
Can't I just get fangus klot already ?
>>
File: MUDOKON_FACE_BADGES_BOX_CLOSE.jpg (104 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
MUDOKON_FACE_BADGES_BOX_CLOSE.jpg
104 KB, 667x1000
>>338062925
>tfw bought those enamel pins and the ltd ed physical copy of N'n'T this week

Sorry Lorne

>>338062939
Supposedly they're going for a darker, more realistic approach so there's that. How far they take it remains to be seen
>>
It's pretty much the same, but the eyes look bigger for some reason. Is it just me?
>>
doesnt look to bad, shaved his head down a bit and gave him a little bit of a brow but they still kept his base design and personality so far. will be cool to see what mores to come
>>
And it's only been what, a few months since this was announced?

Hope that means a brisker development than New and Tasty.
>>
>>338062635
>Soulstorm
first I heard about it, I thought they said they were remaking exodus
>>
>>338064825
That's what Soulstorm is.

Not as much of a straight remake this time, though. More changes.
>>
>>338062635
They're making a new Oddworld? I thought the series went dead after New 'n' Tasty.
As for the model itself, the head seems to be a bit too small or squished.
>>
>>338065121
No, the demand for an Exoddus remake is actually pretty high. Personally I'd much prefer to see Sligstorm, Stranger 2 or Fangus Klot but we'll get there eventually

http://www.oddworld.com/soulstorm/
>>
>>338065343
Well, I've only played Exoddus and Abe's Oddysee on PS1 and they were definitely some of my favorites on the console, but I'm not entirely sure if a remake is a good idea. Though maybe it's just me being jaded with the trend of practically everyone making remakes these days and often making them worse. Hopefully it will be good.
>>
looks like shit
>lets keep the same name of the game and CHANGE EVERYTHING
fucking retards always
>>
>>338066374
Eh, the remakes are kinda justified with Oddworld considering they haven't been relevant in over a decade and need new brand awareness. Plus they can't even dream of starting brand new Oddworld games without the revenue generated by neonostalgic remakes
>>
>>338062635
abe looked better when his eyes faced somewhat to the sides than forward
makes him look more like prey, it's thematically appropriate
>>
>>338066575
Fair enough. I'm just hoping that the remake will turn out to be good, because I've been disappointed by quite a few reboots, remakes and HD versions of older games in the past decade or so.
I still can't forget how that Flashback remake turned out to be.
>>
>>338062925
>odd-world strangers wrath
>badass bounty hunter hunting down outlaws
>half way through the game stranger gets caught and is revealed to be a steef
>steef's are good boys they didn du nuffin
>become surrounded by natives who call you their protector
>Have to take down a big corporate figure head and free water
Can they just have one game that isn't based on this corporation shit?
>>
>>338067187
Man I was playing that recently, completely soulless. They shouldn't even have bothered, Flashback is timeless
>>
>>338067430
>can't this series about a world ruined by greedy corporations not be about greedy corporations for a minute
:^)
>>
>>338067187
>http://www.oddworld.com/soulstorm/
play new and tasty, t is a good remake of oddesy, it doesn't have the charm oddesy has though but is a good game.
if you had never played oddesy before you would prefer new and tasty over it
>>
>>338067801
But the bounty hunter theme was so GOOOOOOOD
No spin-off's allowed?
>>
File: pleasure 0%.png (18 KB, 146x187) Image search: [Google]
pleasure 0%.png
18 KB, 146x187
>>338063614
>Supposedly they're going for a darker, more realistic approach so there's that.
Ah, removing the only source of joy from an already bleak universe. Sounds like a lot of fun.
>>
>>338062635

His forehead looks a bit shorter, but not hugely different.

Harder to tell from just a face shot. You mostly see Abe as a silhouette from the side anyway.
>>
>>338067602
It's a real shame, honestly. It could've been a great chance to re-introduce the classic to a newer audience and fix some of the problems that the original had. I'm guessing it's because more often than not these remakes and reboots are done by developers who either never played the original games or aren't interested in what they're doing.

>>338067830
I haven't played New 'n' Tasty yet, but I've played Oddysee. I'll try giving New 'n' Tasty a go, just need to fix my financial problems first. Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
File: Oddworld-Abes-Odysee[1].jpg (32 KB, 600x270) Image search: [Google]
Oddworld-Abes-Odysee[1].jpg
32 KB, 600x270
>>338062635

>we want to ruin exoddus too
>>
There once was an article about their plans for the quintology where they explained at the end you were gonna discover the society that consumed all the products made in the various games and it turned out to be humans. Anyone perchance still got a link?
>>
>>338067978
The Fangus one sounds like it could be in the same vein. AN interesting concept too, the guy's guaranteed to die of rabies within a year, ut still has stuff to do before he goes.
>>
>>338067830
>t is a good remake of oddesy

fuck off with this meme, it's horrible compared to the original
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (1 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
1 KB, 250x250
They're going to have to work extra hard to win me back after New 'n' Tasty.

I sincerely hope they took those complaints to heart.
Please let this be something good.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.