[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the 20th time I refresh hoping for a Baldur's gate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: athkatla.png (184 KB, 562x750) Image search: [Google]
athkatla.png
184 KB, 562x750
This is the 20th time I refresh hoping for a Baldur's gate Infinity engine thread and nothing shows up so I'm creating one.

>Tell us your tactical party combinations
>Favorite girl
>What do you think of the enhanced edition
>>
Kensai/Mage PC, Minsc, Valygar, Anomen, Viconia, Yoshimo currently. Yoshimo soon to be replaced by Imoen.
Viconia
It's alright but I hate all of the new companions.
>>
>>338058732
>party
I like to focus on fighter types, so I'll have 3-4 melee charachters in any party.
A fighter, a cleric, a paladin (or another fighter) and maybe.
Then a mage, to buff my fighters and disspell debuffs. And a thief with a bow for utility.

>favorite girl
Not really a favorite girl. Maybe Mazzy.

> I only played the original and BGTutu
>>
I was thinking of getting the first Baldur's Gate from steam after playing it a little bit in my early teens but saw the reviews were horrible, what's up with that?
>>
>>338060356
Don't listen to reviews. Baldur's Gate is amazing, if you're an rpg lover.
Get BG1 and 2 from GOG. Then fuse them togetrher with the BGtutu mod. Then you can play BG 1 in BG2's superior engine.
BG1 can get stale, since interesting events are spread out across different maps with lots of empty space, but it's worth the effort.

But honestly, the best reason to play bg1 is to play bg2. Baldur's gate 2 is still the best game I've ever played. (played it for the first time 3 years ago.)
>>
>tactical party

It really depends on whether you are using SCS or not, for example with SCS I do a 6 party melee because the enemy AI will go for your weak ranged npcs, so it's better to have everyone able to melee.
>>
>>338060356
Siege of Dragonspear was divisive due to an SJW writer shoving their crazy into some of the writing. It was dull and way too linear but not as abysmal as the ratings suggest. The original games are definitely worth playing. BGEE and BG2EE are solid remasters that save you the trouble of modding it up to modern standards but everything new Beamdog adds writing and character wise tends to be of lower quality than the originals.
>>
Is there any NPC that's good with flails? Trying to plan who to eventually give Flail of Ages to. For now I settled on using EEKeeper to replace Anomen's useless 2* in Spears with 2* in Flails.
>>
I just solo them. Hate playing with a party.
Good thing these games actually allow you to solo.
>>
in BG1 it was Mage PC, "YOUR A QUEER FELLOW", Khalid and Jaheria, Branwen and Kivan.

BG2 it was Mage PC, "I'VE HAD ABOUT ENOUGH OF THIS", Jaheria, Minsc, "MUH WINGS", and Valygar who was eventually replaced by Sarverok
>>
>>338060715
>>338060986

So the steam versions are worth getting then?
>>
>>338061307
Which character do you solo as?
>>
>>338061714
Yes. If you like RPGs, you're in for a treat.
>>
>>338058732
>Tell us your tactical party combinations
PC Archer

That's it
>>
>>338062067

Alright, thanks.
>>
>>338061307
>>338061994
A different anon here.
I played through the sage 2 times before, with a party, and want to solo it now.
I'm doubting between a monk, a sorcerer and and a fighter/(mage/)thief.
What will be the most fun?
I prefer to get into them middle of the action (mostly play berserkers etc.) if that helps suggestions any.
>>
>>338062585
monk's not a bad choice straight into 2, but they're absolute garbage in 1
you could always do the classic choices and go either dual kensai/mage or berserker/cleric
>>
>>338062585
Well Imo the game isn't made to solo, but it can be doable as a Sorcerer like this video series shows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ehsbDl2Mug
>>
>>338062775
Have you played berserker/cleric yourself? That sounds pretty fun!
>>
>>338064350
The game isn't fun solo it's made to play with a party.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.