[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>couldn't beat this boss for the longest fucking time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 2835248-2512348746-28352.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2835248-2512348746-28352.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
>couldn't beat this boss for the longest fucking time
>kept getting rekt by an unending shower of fucking meteors and spiders
>everywhere I look online says to kill all the spiders
>one try just say fuck it and bumrush Rom, ignoring all the spiders
>beat it

What the fuck
>>
JUST BEAT IT BEAT IT
>>
Wow good job beating a pathetically easy boss OP!
>>
>>338058982
Isn't Rom agreed to be like one of the hardest non-chalice bloodborne bosses next to like, Gherman and Shadows?
>>
>>338058982
In OPs defense, everyone struggled on wierd bosses others thought easy. I still can't hardly beat bloodstarved and I've beat the game 4 times
>>
All you have to do is kill the tiny spiders and press the sprint button when Rom moves to avoid everything he does.
>>
>>338058506
I only beat rom by going toe to toe and ignoring the little guys. Even then we killed each other with our last attacks (mine being a running jump attack).

Making rom the 2nd bloodborne boss that killed me as I killed it.
>>
I beat Rom super easy the first time just by rushing in, then the chalice version took me like 30 tries

He's just that kind of boss
>>
>>338059459
Only by retards who don't understand patience. Rom is entirely about dodging while waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike.

>>338059657
Agreed. I beat gehrman and OoK on my second try on my first character, but Amelia fucked me up.
>>
>>338059459
I only had trouble with rom in the chalice dungeon
>>
>>338058506
beating it that way is 100% luck

the vast majority of the time the little faggot spiders are going to one shot you, or leave you so fucked up rom can easily finish you off
>>
I kill the first wave of spiders than apply bolt papers on the biggest/strongest weapon I have and hit rom with a charged up r2 and then hit him as many times as I can before he teleports.

Then from there on I ignore the spiders, switch to a faster weapon, and just run around dodging everythinf until i get a window to hit and run rom.

Not that hard once I got this strategy worked out but you still a little bit of luck really.
>>
Just kill the fucking spiders.

1. Phase: Kill the fucking spiders, Rom does nothing. They are easy to dodge and die in 1-2 hits from any weapon

2. Phase: Kill the fucking spiders, Rom does some Meteor shit but all you need to do to dodge them is sprint in any direction

3. Phase: Kill the fucking spiders, Rom gets some melee hits which I can never dodge but it doesn't matter since all the spiders are dead

This is the 100% safe method. Practically impossible to die unless you do a SL1 run.
>>
>>338059459
Shadows is hard? Wut? Rom is hard on chalice.

Amy and one specific version of the Undead Giant are also hard depending on your build.
>>
I'm having the hardest time on Maria. She isn't exactly parry to win like I was lead to believe. Her second and third phase has hyper armor
>>
>>338061551
Shadows is pretty hard when you can not parry.
>>
>>338061735
>first time through the DLC
>defeat the giant Toad mans, forgot their proper name
>only 11 Blood Vials left
>suddenly the next boss fight starts
>ez pz

Honestly my advice is to just parry her first phase but after that I just dodged everything. Dodging towards her is the trick, because all of her attacks have a super long range and fuck you up when you dodge backwards or sideways
>>
>>338061735
Maria is hard. Parrying and riposting her in the third phase is really hard, because before you move in for a visceral the fire hits you.

Hell, the whole DLC is kinda hard, specially at low levels, where Ludwig and Laurence are fucking brutal. I also had way more trouble with Living Failures at a low level than I thought I would have.
>>
>>338061551
>Rom is hard on chalice.
not really, the pillars stop most of the ice missiles
>>
File: Summer-Casuals[1].jpg (43 KB, 953x450) Image search: [Google]
Summer-Casuals[1].jpg
43 KB, 953x450
>>338058506
>using guides to kill the challenge
>>
>>338061551
>Undead Giant
Oh that's one big motherfucker. That guy is pure bullshit.
>>
>>338058506
This is how I always beat regular Rom. I only kill lots of the little spiders in the chalice version.
>>
>>338061551
>Undead Giant

that range, that damage.
pls help
>>
>>338058506
Same happened to me
>>
>>338059459
It's always funny to me how people struggle against different bosses. Gherman and Shadows I killed on my first try while Ludwig and Orphan pushed my shit in for hours.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.