[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uncharted 4 combat sucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 1463179146325.jpg (400 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463179146325.jpg
400 KB, 1920x1080
I beat it on hard and I can't be bothered playing through on crushing because the combat is so annoying. I would say the combat is the worst thing about the game, much like the other Uncharteds. I was constantly running out of ammo, and cover is useless because most of it is destructible. If it isn't then enemies just spam grenades. Stealth is useless too because you can usually only kill one or two before you get spotted. I thought Naughty Dog would have figured out how to make the combat better but it has barely improved at all since UC2.
>>
>>338058497
Wow, are you pretending to be someone terrible at playing games?
>>
>>338058497
>running out of ammo
Protip: try not to suck so much at aiming.
>>
I never liked the shooting in uncharted, the last of us however had a really great shootfeel if that makes any sense.
>>
>>338058769
the magnum pistol in that game felt so good to use for some reason
>>
>>338058497
you arent supposed to play like a turtle, you are supposed to be moving around
>>
>>338058497
The only part you got right was the grenade spamming. But you are supposed to swap out woth a lot of weapons. It's the design and it makes it more fun. Every complain you've made is solved if you do a lot more moving around.
This isn't Gears of War.
>>
>>338060774
but /v/ told me U4 was a generic cover shooter just like gears

did you fuckers lie to me?
>>
op just sucks
>>
>>338058497
Uncharted 4 is actually hard on hard. I really like Uncharted 4 and I agree, it can very easily get frustrating.

>>338060313
You can't move around much when you die in 3 hits. I think it's supposed to be more of a stealth game.
>>
I gave up on trying to beat crushing normally once I got to the first combat encounter after you are marooned. That shit is wayyyyyy too hard to not let you get a single mini-checkpoint in between the three massive groups of enemies. Most of the other combat encounters are at least as hard too

I turned on infinite ammo and auto aim to beat some of the encounters and I still died like 10 times because the enemies can just absorb so much damage with their armor. And there is always some prick who drops behind you and pistols you to death while you're trying to regen your health
>>
>>338065374
The game only gives you mid-fight checkpoints when you are sneaking
>>
>>338065772
it didn't for me (on crushing)

I killed all of them in the first "sector" of the fight-area, and someone saw me after killing like 1/4th of the dudes in the next little sector, and I died in the ensuing firefight. Had to restart from the beginning
>>
>>338058497
How dare you point out a negative aspect in an Uncharted game.
>>
what fucking weird bananas he have
>>
>>338058497
UC combat has never been all that good outside of the multiplayer.

Also how are the non-human enemies in the game? From my experience, they're usually some of the worst enemies in each of the games.
>>
>>338066291
There are no non-human enemies

Also OP is legit wrong. This game has the best combat out of all the Uncharted games. But the AI is too smart and aggressive on higher difficulties, it can be stifling
>>
I don't understand. Those all sound like things that give a game legitimate difficulty and play to the strengths of Uncharted's "always running and jumping" style of TPS.

Why would you bitch about those things? I haven't played on Crushing in this game yet, but enemies being bullet sponges would be a legitimate complaint, not that you're forced to move to different cover, scrounge for ammo during fights, and that enemies try to flush you out of cover with grenades.
>>
Crushing mode in Uncharted has always been kinda broken. I remember the vehicle segments in the previous games relied on pure luck to beat. The games were obviously designed around normal mode.

Also is it just me or is the aiming really weird in 4 compared to the others. I put the sensitivity to 0 and the reticle is still really fast and twitchy.
>>
Is the multiplayer as good as Last of Us'?
>>
>>338064657
>You can't move around much when you die in 3 hits. I think it's supposed to be more of a stealth game.

it depends on the encounter
In the fights that give you a lot of room to move around vertically (like Libertalia) you can still run around a lot without being spotted, even on crushing. The stages where you can go below everyone and swim away were especially like this
>>
>>338068813
hah I haven't even let myself play multiplayer because the MP in Uncharted 2 and 3 made me so fucking angry that I broke my dualshock3. There's something just inherently infuriating about the MP in Uncharted. TF2, Overwatch, Battlefront etc never made me as mad as that one time I played UC3 and got shitstomped
>>
>>338068813

nowhere fucking near
>>
>>338068192
>Also is it just me or is the aiming really weird in 4 compared to the others. I put the sensitivity to 0 and the reticle is still really fast and twitchy.

No, I felt that the aiming was "off" in Uncharted 3, but in UC4 it is the same as it was in UC2 again. We have better controllers nowadays though

You probably just need to get used to console aiming again, if it's been a while since you played a shooter with a controller. I set my aiming to '2' and my camera to '3'
>>
>>338069863

Wow you're a fucking rage baby.
>>
>>338071049
I'm not even going to deny it

My brother is at least three times worse about it than me, though. He would smash a plasma TV to convey his game rage to everyone
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.