[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oblivion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: oblivion_goty_pc_cover.jpg (296 KB, 650x918) Image search: [Google]
oblivion_goty_pc_cover.jpg
296 KB, 650x918
Hey /v/, about to start "first time" play of pic related. What mods are essential for gameplay & graphical improvements?

Played for 10 min in the past, but didn't really get into it at the time.

Have played a bunch of vanilla Skyrim tho...
>>
The only mod I'd say you really NEED is Oblivion Character Overhaul 2 to get rid of those god-awful faces. Immersive Weapons is p good, too
>>
Absolutely indisputably essential
>OBSE
>Unofficial Patches for base game and SI
>Darnified UI or Dark Darn, whichever you prefer

Pretty damn important for anyone
>Oblivion reloaded
>Stutter remover (OBSE plugin)
>Lowpoly grass (free performance)
>Operation optimization (more of the same)

Beginner-friendly gameplay improvements that you want unless you like getting pissed off at vanilla bullshit
>Realistic leveling OR Oblivion XP
>Oscuro's overhaul and/or Maskar's overhaul
>Vanilla combat enhanced

Textures (generally safe on any modern system)
>Quarl's redimized textures+ Bomret's SI
>Really textured normalmaps
>Improved trees and flora
>OCO v1 or v2 depending on preference

Cool things added to the game with little to no conflicts
>Unique Landscapes
>Animated window lighting system
>Better dungeons
>Weather all natural

Framerate raping, but cool mods to use at your own risk
>Better Cities
>Immersive interiors
>RAEVWB + tes4lodgen
>>
Go to tesgeneral.com and get look at the essential section of the Oblivion guide
>>
>>338047190
Is there anything good about Oblivion other than the Dark Brotherhood quests and Shivering Isles? Really can't think of any redeeming features it has. Also horse armor.
>>
>>338049494
The side quests are top tier.
>>
>>338048119
holy shit, the absolute madman. You have impeccable taste. I use *literally* the exact same mods and *literally* nothing else

If I was home I'd screencap my mod folder to prove it.
>>
>>338049494
I can hardly think of a single uninteresting quest in the game

OOO and Maskars even add enough free roam content to fill in the gaps of vanilla Oblivion's lame exploration
>>
>>338048119
good taste, saved your post for future use
>>
>>338049494
Thieves Guild questline is pretty good bruh.
>>
>>338051004
You could even say it's capital
>>
Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, unofficial OOO Shivering Isles add-on, and Not Galsiah's Character Development
>>
>>338048119
>>Vanilla combat enhanced

isnt Deadly Reflex better?
>>
>>338051826
no
>>
>>338051826
Deadly reflex adds a lot of stuff to the point where it barely resembles oblivion anymore. Vanilla combat enhanced is just, well, a lightweight vanilla fix that mostly reduces the sponginess of everything. For a first timer, I feel like drastic changes are not welcome.
>>
>>338047190
I truly envy you, first discovering that game was a wonderful summer
>>
>not morrowind
>>
>>338047190
none. the game is great as it is and no modders can make better content than professional, world-class development teams. all they can do is slap some gaudy textures on everything and fuck up game balance or stick penises on things.
>>
File: plugins.jpg (246 KB, 850x1673) Image search: [Google]
plugins.jpg
246 KB, 850x1673
All of pic related.
>>
File: 1458142456230.png (276 KB, 924x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458142456230.png
276 KB, 924x1000
>>338052508
This mod looks neato.
>>
>>338047190

Disregard base game, acquire Nehrim.
>>
>>338052508
oblivion needs drastic changes. you aren't missing out on anything by playing it vanilla, because it's ass
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.