[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is on sale on PSN. Should I pick it up? I'm a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: the_evil_within_game-HD.jpg (527 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the_evil_within_game-HD.jpg
527 KB, 1920x1080
This game is on sale on PSN.
Should I pick it up? I'm a fan of most Shinji Mikami's games, so what's the consensus on this one.
>>
>>338046745
How much is it?
On us store only or EU too?
also no it'll be """"""'"'''free"""""""""" on plus soon anyway
>>
The consensus of people with actual good taste in video games is that it's Mikami's best game
The consensus of the casuals on /v/ is that it's shit because it's not RE4
>>
I didn't really like it so I returned it
>>
>>338047018
But RE4 blows The Evil Within out of the water

There's no comparison
>>
>>338046804
Oh sorry.
It's just under £10 on EU, forget they are different.

>>338047018
Interesting.
>>
>>338046745
It's an ok game.
>>
I bought it out of the bargain rack for $12 today, so I'm gonna go check it out now.
>>
>>338047018

The game is pretty much RE4 at later chapters
>>
It's a solid under appreciated game, though nothing exactly original. It's sort of a tribute to Res 4.
>>
>>338047018
His best game is still God Hand.

Also, when the fuck is Bethesda going to release a GotY version? I don't want to pay full price for the DLC again and you CAN'T get the preorder stuff anymore.

I want to replace my PS3 version with the PS4 one.
>>
It feels messy as fuck, there's an entire stealth system that's barely relevant past the first few chapters. Ammo would be scarce if you couldn't make a billion exploding crossbow bolts from the crafting materials the game gives you. The only chapter that feels like it has any clue is the one where you're just running through a miniature version of the Spencer estate. It also manages to run like shit on every platform somehow.
>>
>>338047725
iirc some retailer leaked a supposedly complete edition, no date though
>>
It's no RE4 but I thought it was pretty good. Certainly was a lot more challenging than RE games have been lately and I actually had to manage my ammo and shit for once. I beat it on Akuma mode too. Holy shit that was hell. Game does have some sour spots but overall I still thought it was good.
>>
>>338046745
Really damn good, it's not his best, not even close, but just on it's own it's one of the best games of the year by far, People don't like it because their shit at it.
So much better than the Tomb Raider reboot, and overall better than the post RE4 revs and TLOU.
>>
>>338046745
It's an ok game. It has really generic designs though and the game never wants to give you any fucking ammo to fight shit.
>>
File: muderface280.jpg (19 KB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
muderface280.jpg
19 KB, 280x210
Got to instal the update, Say OK... game doesn't begin installing update. Have to push start a few times.

Game begins to instal update, leave and do stuff while awaiting install... come back to

"PLEASE RECONNECT CONTROLLER"

Reconnect controlller... 70% installing.
>>
>>338047120
Lol, not even close. The Evil Within is a much better game with much more depth and complexity.
>>
>>338046745
I heard the real game starts on new game plus.

Overall I returned the game after I was done playing.
>>
A modern masterpiece that opens up the more you play. Shit-taste retards will give up easily, while those with good tastes will stick with it and understand the genius of the gameplay and design.

Beat it on akumu or go home.
>>
Looks in door.* "I smell blood."

Walks inside.* Very obvious corpses and blood... nigga you saw the blood.
>>
Pretty nice gore.
>>
File: 1424954856330.jpg (52 KB, 677x504) Image search: [Google]
1424954856330.jpg
52 KB, 677x504
bad game. like re6, obnoxious and desperate fans will try to say the game is great and really deep but it's simply a really bad game.
>>
>>338046745
My favorite survival horror game desu. On par with Resident Evil 4. Mikami does it again.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.